• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All of this Lyn content make me a happy boy.

Feel free to continue sir.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I see people bringing up Ormille's Lyn art.

Can I use the excuse that I never heard this line before? In English atleast?
Watch Muppet Treasure Island. You'll hear the line/term used, get to watch good ol' Tim Curry and witness Billy Connolly as the first person to die in a Muppet movie. And also witness the best version of Mr. Arrow.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Nintenzone Social 6.0 - Lyn edition

Not complaining, after all I'm part of the problem lol
Well, if Sakurai won't let me have her in Smash...

I posted a Lyn in SCVI yesterday if you want to use it for reference (it's not mine though, I don't have the game)

Since you are asking for advice, the only thing I'd really change are her arms, since she doesn't have them covered. Otherwise I think she looks fine.

By the way, Xianghua shares voice actress with Lyn (Wendee Lee), and they both are one hand sword wielders, so it's a perfect fit.

D

Deleted member

Some tweaks to the lighting and MvCI looks passable.

Still kind of sucks that the game wasn't so great presentation wise because it has some pretty good ideas on paper. For instance, I always feel like 2v2 always works a lot better than 3v3 does. I always feel like I have one unnecessary character for some reason who doesn't do nearly as well as the other two.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Admittingly, if there's anything I'm hoping for a Soulcaliber VI Switch release, it's a Nintendo Guest character. Mostly because I never played the Witcher series and don't care for Geralt.
And while I'm just hoping for a Nintendo Guest character alone, it'd be awesome if they went all out like with Tekken Tournament Tag 2 on the Switch release and added Nintendo weapons and Create a Character parts. And if a Fire Emblem character got in, there's all sorts of weapons and possible Custom parts from the series that would be awesome to have.
Like imagine having Ike in the game, but not just having Ragnell, but also having:
Bronze sword
Silver Sword
Brave Sword
Armor Slayer
Tree Branch
Alondite
Ettard

And the following characters get a weapon from the series:
-Siegfried - Durandal from Blazing Sword
-Nightmare - Eckesachs from Binding Blade or Ganglari from Fates
-Mitsurugi - Killing Edge, Sol Katti from Blazing Sword or Raijinto from Fates
-Seong-Mina - Siegmund from Sacred Stones
-Sophitia - Marth's Falchion and Fire Emblem from Mystery of the Emblem
-Xiang-hua - Awakening Falchion from Awakening or Beloved Zofia from Echoes
-Raphael - Sieglinde from Sacred Stones
-Astaroth - Armads from Blazing Sword
-Taki - Peshkatz from Radiant Dawn
-And other potential weapons depending on the DLC characters, like the weapons for Mitsurugi could also apply to Setsuka's moveset if she gets in.

And custom parts from characters like Marth, Chrom, Lucina(like her mask), Lyn, Roy, Ryoma, Camilla, Celica, Black Knight or even the classes like the Hero/Merc classes, the Pegasus Knight classes, the Myrmidon classes, etc. And that's just for the Fire Emblem series.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Nintenzone Social 6.0 - Lyn edition

Not complaining, after all I'm part of the problem lol

I posted a Lyn in SCVI yesterday if you want to use it for reference (it's not mine though, I don't have the game)

Since you are asking for advice, the only thing I'd really change are her arms, since she doesn't have them covered. Otherwise I think she looks fine.

By the way, Xianghua shares voice actress with Lyn (Wendee Lee), and they both are one hand sword wielders, so it's a perfect fit.
I'm aware of the arms, sadly not an option with the outfit I'm using. I can change it, though.

And ye, too bad you can't use the official characters voices on the CAC. I can of course change up Xianghua to look like Lyn like the person you linked did, but Iono.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Masuda: "Im out of touch?... no, the players are wrong with what they want!""

Server_borked_so_I_cant_upload_actual_skinner_meme.jpg

This dude is becoming a PG Era Vince McMahon
People call core Nintendo out of touch at times, but when they refuse to give the players what they want they at least know full well what gamers want out of their titles. They just figure they can make something that gamers like better than what they think they want, which is hit or miss but at least works out part of the time. And well, I think we can all attest to a lot of gamers being frothing idiots on the internet, so it's at least understandable LOL

This, on the other hand. . .this is being out of touch.

Like. . .the jerk characters are ALWAYS more popular. Moreso now than ever. Nearly everybody who's ever played Kid Icarus: Uprising likes the writing, and that's in huge part because most of the cast is sassy as all hell.

I mean, I liked Hau when I played Pokemon Sun and he's ludicrously saccharine most of the time, but that's because when he actually did go in he went ALL in. Forget the malasadas, he pointed out an evil team scientist was a genre blind moron to the guy's frickin' face!

I don't really have this thirst-driven demand for the rival character to be a [DATA EXPUNGED] like a lot of people do, but this couple of sentences instantly makes me want one when I previously didn't care just because it's a mind-numbing reason to say no, LOL

D

Deleted member

I'm back and never have I felt so lost in time. I have no idea if I'm even still in the same timeline I was last night. Just so we're clear, this IS the one where Hitler cured cancer, right?

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I'm back and never have I felt so lost in time. I have no idea if I'm even still in the same timeline I was last night. Just so we're clear, this IS the one where Hitler cured cancer, right?
Sorry, no, this is the timeline where Stalin resolved world hunger.

D

Deleted member

It's the timeline where you and I are a couple, duh.

D

Deleted member

Ah good, always liked his role in Modern Times

Well, I don't have a ring so...
A ring? Does it give you stat buffs or something? I don't need a ring you weirdo.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I wish it were.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Nah dude, this is the time line where anime was officially considered a mistake and was banned all around the world. The police is going to your house by the way, they know you have an anime profile picture and therefore you are going to jail.

D

Deleted member

A ring? Does it give you stat buffs or something? I don't need a ring you weirdo.
Yeah, if two people wear the same ring and perform the sidequest to power it up, it gives a morale boost and strengthens their bond level.
I wish it were.
Ah ****, I timehopped again
Nah dude, this is the time line where anime was officially considered a mistake and was banned all around the world. The police is going to your house by the way, they know you have an anime profile picture and therefore you are going to jail.
Eh, this might make up for it though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's the timeline where the world you used to know fell to ruin due to excess pollution, and in an effort to save it, some scientists planted a bunch of big trees all over the place to absorb the pollution. But now the trees have become corrupted, and their insides have become labyrinthine mazes full of horrible monsters that endanger whatever human life is left. But they say these trees guard a great secret, and fame and fortune awaits anyone who can unearth it.

...I dunno, sounds like a steaming load of bull**** to me. But there's one such tree not far from here in a place called Etria, maybe it's worth checking out. What's your map-making skill like? Maybe we could get a few people together and check it out for ourselves.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nah this is the timeline where I attained god level power.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
People call core Nintendo out of touch at times, but when they refuse to give the players what they want they at least know full well what gamers want out of their titles. They just figure they can make something that gamers like better than what they think they want, which is hit or miss but at least works out part of the time. And well, I think we can all attest to a lot of gamers being frothing idiots on the internet, so it's at least understandable LOL

This, on the other hand. . .this is being out of touch.

Like. . .the jerk characters are ALWAYS more popular. Moreso now than ever. Nearly everybody who's ever played Kid Icarus: Uprising likes the writing, and that's in huge part because most of the cast is sassy as all hell.

I mean, I liked Hau when I played Pokemon Sun and he's ludicrously saccharine most of the time, but that's because when he actually did go in he went ALL in. Forget the malasadas, he pointed out an evil team scientist was a genre blind moron to the guy's frickin' face!

I don't really have this thirst-driven demand for the rival character to be a [DATA EXPUNGED] like a lot of people do, but this couple of sentences instantly makes me want one when I previously didn't care just because it's a mind-numbing reason to say no, LOL
The thing with Hau is he actually plays with the whole "friendly rival" archetype quite a bit. Under his laid back personality and addiction to malasadas, he's actually quite competent, as shown in the battle right when you first get to Ula'ula Island. Not every NPC trainer would've had the foresight to use the previous town's stone shop to buy the necessary items to evolve their Pikachu and Eevee, including specifically picking an Eeveelution that has an advantage against your starter!

But Hau gets even more interesting once he starts undergoing character development. He takes it hard when he fails to prevent Lillie from being captured, feeling like he's way out of his league. From there on, he realizes that he needs to take being a trainer more seriously if he ever wants to become a kahuna like his grandfather. It's an interesting flip from the usual "abrasive character learns to lighten up" fare.

I figure more people want jerk rivals because we grew up with them in the first couple generations, but this is a case where they're missing out on something interesting just because it doesn't match up with the first example they ever experienced.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So instead of sleeping or doing literally anything useful I've been stewing on some random idea involving video game sound design again.

Imagine a video game where the very earliest stretch. . .has no music. Whatsoever. Sound effects are still present, just no music. The soundtrack simply doesn't become present at all until a plot point kicks off that fundamentally alters the protagonist or world in some way.

No ambient notes like BotW, not even modestly unsettling "music" like the start of Earthbound. Just utter silence except for the noise of your own actions and the occasional environmental object.

Why?

Well for one thing because having music tied to in-game events is a decently logical step in meta storytelling. And for another thing because I find when video games glitch to not have music or have spots with sound design that leaves it out for a bit to be intensely creepy.

Like, it takes a lot of effort to make a song creepy. It takes very little effort to make just dead silence creepy. And the longer it keeps going, the more you have that voice in your head telling you that something isn't freaking right here. You'll be paying extra attention because you're horribly on edge, which leaves you vulnerable to be screwed with and -hopefully- in less of a nod-nod-yeah state like we all get into at the start of most video games.

. . .

. . .

Boo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This dude is becoming a PG Era Vince McMahon
Atleast with Vince we can complain about his decisions only to love the dude again...but this guy ain’t got **** on the Genetic Jackhammer
Pokemon NXT when.
Pokémon Raw and Pokémon SmackDown aswell. The only way to have a true Pokémon/WWE fusion possible
This...this is a position I would accept from Lyn
So instead of sleeping or doing literally anything useful I've been stewing on some random idea involving video game sound design again.

Imagine a video game where the very earliest stretch. . .has no music. Whatsoever. Sound effects are still present, just no music. The soundtrack simply doesn't become present at all until a plot point kicks off that fundamentally alters the protagonist or world in some way.

No ambient notes like BotW, not even modestly unsettling "music" like the start of Earthbound. Just utter silence except for the noise of your own actions and the occasional environmental object.

Why?

Well for one thing because having music tied to in-game events is a decently logical step in meta storytelling. And for another thing because I find when video games glitch to not have music or have spots with sound design that leaves it out for a bit to be intensely creepy.

Like, it takes a lot of effort to make a song creepy. It takes very little effort to make just dead silence creepy. And the longer it keeps going, the more you have that voice in your head telling you that something isn't freaking right here. You'll be paying extra attention because you're horribly on edge, which leaves you vulnerable to be screwed with and -hopefully- in less of a nod-nod-yeah state like we all get into at the start of most video games.

. . .

. . .

Boo
There’s WWE games for stuff like that...only the music doesn’t start normally until the match is over or if someone interferes

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Atleast with Vince we can complain about his decisions only to love the dude again...but this guy ain’t got **** on the Genetic Jackhammer

Pokémon Raw and Pokémon SmackDown aswell. The only way to have a true Pokémon/WWE fusion possible

This...this is a position I would accept from Lyn

There’s WWE games for stuff like that...only the music doesn’t start normally until the match is over or if someone interferes
Ain't much unsettling silence to go around with an announcer constantly shouting at the top of his lungs and a pile of sweaty men throwing each other to the ground, tho.

It really works more in games that are, uh. . .really the vast majority of genres. I guess sim games would probably similarly whiff the vibe I'm thinking of. Or if a game just dumped in so many ambient sounds that it basically evolved into a soundtrack of sorts in and of itself like how we get an ambient noise track in Smash Bros. But in games that don't have much background noise it's hella creepy.

I think it plays into a fact about reality. No place is ever truly quiet, there's always some kind of ambient noise. Video games naturally kind of follow, and in order to fill the void of not having realistic enough or numerous enough of noises they normally fill in the gap with music. Take that away, let it be totally silent outside of the occasional erratic disruption, and it feels. . .off.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
DDLC probably has the best use of a no music section in recent memory IMO.

"You kind of left her hanging this morning, you know?"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For me, all horror goes away if its completly silent.

id rather have some unsetting music go along with the sounds of footsteps and ****. Thats why These horror themed placed in HHD that the Japanese make are so good

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
DDLC probably has the best use of a no music section in recent memory IMO.

"You kind of left her hanging this morning, you know?"
I think it's because I already knew the plot of the game ahead of time and was just skimming through that part that I didn't notice it.

But thinking on it YEAH THAT WAS SILENT WASN'T IT

Hell that definitely proves my thought that you don't have to be being stalked or walking into a dark room for a silent stretch to crank up your apprehension before something important.

For me, all horror goes away if its completly silent.

id rather have some unsetting music go along with the sounds of footsteps and ****. Thats why These horror themed placed in HHD that the Japanese make are so good
. . .

. . .You know, I don't know why it didn't occur to me until now that this would be a thing considering that horror towns in Animal Crossing: New Leaf were a popular Dream Code attraction a few years back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I beat Order of Ecclesia. Holy **** I have a new favourite CastleVania and possibly top 5 video games. It's the only CastleVania I played that's got a story that made me feel emotion, a few good jokes sprinkled around "A true to history giant enemy crab from Transylvania" and an Ordinary Rock allowing you to double jump, the best Extra mode the franchise has cause Albus is ****ing wild to play as, a level of challenge that makes me itching to go for a rematch when getting my ass kicked, SotN's two-handed system that allows for a ridiculous variety of attacks that can be used, all those goddamn Glyphs giving you the typical weapons, transformations and then a ****ton of spells and Glyph Unions, holy ****. ALSO THE SOUNDTRACK IS GODLIKE SAKURAI GET BACK IN THERE AND FORCE SOMEONE TO REMIX SORROW'S DISTORTION YOU ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom