• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
!

One of my favourite Metal Gear songs from Brawl!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This evening has been the best evening I ever had.

Starting out, I got to eat dinner with old college best friends of mine. Then, we went to see Wreck-It-Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet (btw...FANTASTIC movie. Definitely one of my favorite animated movies ever. Story, characters, humor, and pop culture references were ALL on-point) and the Toronto Maple Leafs won 6-0 over the Philadelphia Flyers.

Holy crap today was amazing. I SOOOOO needed this pick-me-up.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So while we're waiting for two weeks to pass, manage to find some more Spirit artwork. Something for Xenoblade 2 fans and Morag fans.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Ok people, before going into the Platinum league, rate my movesets (all lv 60):
Knockie (Female Infernape): Flamethrower, Close Combat, (undecided), (undecided)
Falco (Male Staraptor): Fly, Return, U Turn, Close Combat
Yggdrosil (Male Roserade): Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Stun Spore, Shadow Ball
Gaia (Female Golem): Earthquake, Stone Edge, Brick Break, Stealth Rock
Huxian (Female Floatzel): Surf, Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Beam (instead of Ice Fang because its nature hinders Physical Attack)
Ryuka (Female Dusknoir): Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Will O Wisp

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wreck-It-Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet (btw...FANTASTIC movie. Definitely one of my favorite animated movies ever. Story, characters, humor, and pop culture references were ALL on-point) and the Toronto Maple Leafs won 6-0 over the Philadelphia Flyers.

Holy crap today was amazing. I SOOOOO needed this pick-me-up.

I saw Wreck-It-Ralph 2 today, and I can say that it wasn't that great of a movie. I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph on the internet, and I got a movie about the dangers of codependence and toxic relationships that just so happened to star the characters of Wreck-It-Ralph that just so happened to take place on the internet. It had some great scenes, but overall wasted its potential.

Knockie (Female Infernape): Flamethrower, Close Combat, (undecided), (undecided)
Huxian (Female Floatzel): Surf, Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Beam (instead of Ice Fang because its nature hinders Physical Attack)
  • For Infernape consider Grass Knot, and definitely have Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave. You'll definitely want priority moves.
  • Quick Attack on Staraptor over U-Turn might help as well.
  • Have another grass type move on Roserade as Petal Dance locks you in, which can lead to some tough situations.
  • Brick Break and/or Stealth Rock on Golem won't be as helpful as you might think. I don't know what to replace them with though.
  • If your Floatzel has a nature that hinders physical attack then why do you have Waterfall? Especially when you have Surf as well? Consider something with utility like Aqua Jet, or maybe even Focus Blast.
  • Dusknoir's moveset is perfectly fine.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I saw Wreck-It-Ralph 2 today, and I can say that it wasn't that great of a movie. I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph on the internet, and I got a movie about the dangers of codependence and toxic relationships that just so happened to star the characters of Wreck-It-Ralph that just so happened to take place on the internet. It had some great scenes, but overall wasted its potential.
Not sure if this is just trolling or legit lol
Either way, that's fine. idc

D

Deleted member

Ura Ura
Andy Spirit Battle
Red Dr. Mario fights on Halberd with an army of mini Snakes. When they are highly damaged, their % is healed.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman

• For Infernape consider Grass Knot, and definitely have Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave. You'll definitely want priority moves.
  • Quick Attack on Staraptor over U-Turn might help as well.
  • Have another grass type move on Roserade as Petal Dance locks you in, which can lead to some tough situations.
  • Brick Break and/or Stealth Rock on Golem won't be as helpful as you might think. I don't know what to replace them with though.
  • If your Floatzel has a nature that hinders physical attack then why do you have Waterfall? Especially when you have Surf as well? Consider something with utility like Aqua Jet, or maybe even Focus Blast.
  • Dusknoir's moveset is perfectly fine.
I already have Mach Punch on my Infernape. Otherwise thanks for the tips man! Now I'm starting...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So while we're waiting for two weeks to pass, manage to find some more Spirit artwork. Something for Xenoblade 2 fans and Morag fans.

"You shall be purified in the name of Mor Ardain!"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I already have Mach Punch on my Infernape. Otherwise thanks for the tips man! Now I'm starting...
Best of luck! Since you're level 60 you shouldn't have too much difficulty, but still be on guard.
Not sure if this is just trolling or legit lol
Either way, that's fine. idc
It's completely legit. I wish they'd focused less on the message and more on the internet.

The original Wreck-It-Ralph was so great because it was a homage to video games, and by exploring what it'd be like to be a video game character it was able to impart a message on being yourself and breaking free from labels.

Wreck-It-Ralph 2 seems more focused on its message compared to anything else, and loses sight of what made the first one so great. Most of the internet stuff seemed relegated to passing scenes and side characters.

That last post-credits scene was amazing though. The Frozen 2 bait-and-switch was genius, and Fix-It-Felix as the barman was such a great touch.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You seem to have pretty good type coverage overall. Your biggest weakness seems to be Ice (Staraptor, Roserade, & Golem). Which is going to be a problem from Cynthia's Milotic since it doesn't share the weaknesses that Ice has but does carry Ice Beam. Water is also a fairly potent type because even though Roserade would cover Milotic, it is weak to it's Ice Beam.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura
Andy Spirit Battle
Red Dr. Mario fights on Halberd with an army of mini Snakes. When they are highly damaged, their % is healed.
I could have sworn Andy would have possessed :ultpit:given how similar the two are in personality but Dr. Mario makes sense. Also lol :ultsnake:given how some wanted him to take his moveset before he returned lol.

Too bad I won't even be able to hear his theme when i'm doing the spirit battle. Bleh!

Do the leakers even know which design it is? I mean it might not mean much to some but I hope Andy uses his AW2 design for his spirit.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of Pokemon!

Last edited:

Chrono.

Um, just watched the Kirby Classic Mode boss.

Good lord, those new eye moves.

What the hell lol. Actually made me slightly uncomfortable.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's completely legit. I wish they'd focused less on the message and more on the internet.

[/SPOILER]
Well this is awkward.
The reason why I like the second one is because the message drove the story. The internet references were fantastic, but the story is the heart of the film. Internet references were utilized, but if the movie had primary focus on that instead of the message, well...that's not something that I would be as likely enjoy because it would focus more on pop-culture references itself, rather than the deeper and more important story it's trying to tell. I see the pop culture and internet references as the icing, while I see the story and message as the heart of it: the cake.

But that's fine. You do you.

Chrono.

People are selling copies of Smash on Craigslist.

Y'all couldn't just wait an extra week huh.

D

Deleted member

I could have sworn Andy would have possessed :ultpit:given how similar the two are in personality but Dr. Mario makes sense. Also lol :ultsnake:given how some wanted him to take his moveset before he returned lol.

Too bad I won't even be able to hear his theme when i'm doing the spirit battle. Bleh!

Do the leakers even know which design it is? I mean it might not mean much to some but I hope Andy uses his AW2 design for his spirit.
There was a leaker stream so I can tell you the artwork used was this one

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There was a leaker stream so I can tell you the artwork used was this one
Ayy that's the one! Def his best artwork compared to AW1 and Dual Strike.

I also feel pretty bad knowing this will be Andy's first appearance in any kind of media since he was a sticker in Brawl. Like he went a decade without appearing in anything only to fulfill a similar role he had a decade prior. That's both sad and funny lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Like I said, the fact that Sakurai gave his Nightmare Fuel child even more Nightmare Fuel that makes Marx Soul look kid friendly. I mean, Marx Soul basically looked like a devilish version of Marx, but nothing to really speak home about other than the Scream of Death.
Sakurai, however, managed to give Regular Marx new attacks that just make him even more damn Nightmare inducing, like inky black eyeballs that cry out black ink tears that home in on you, frickin' fiery nerve stems from where his arms were, and expanding eyeballs that add even more irises that fire frickin' lasers that can corner you.
Just when you think Marx was way outdone by Dark Matter, Zero, Drawcia Soul, Magalor Soul, Sectonia Soul, Star Dream, etc in terms of the Kirby Nightmare fuel factor, all of the sudden, Smash Bros comes in and we see that Marx didn't even show off everything he could do.

Edit: Oh, and that doesn't include the unnatural twitching he does constantly now.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Let's not forget ditching the wings for a moment in favor of growing masses of veins to attack the player.

You know, like normal space jesters that pop dozens of smaller eyes out of their eyes and fire lasers out of them!

D

Deleted member

Marx ain't even scary, ya'll are just babies

Btw, if anyone spots the Wonder-Red and Wonder-Blue Spirit Battles, please tell me because I'm very curious on what they are. Blue is likely not in WoL but Red probably is.

D

Deleted member

You don't get Trypophobia vibes from his eyes expanding and getting all those extra irises?
Not really, dude's more of a charming alien trying to seem scary and I appreviate it but I can't see any of it as "scary" or "nightmare fuelish"

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not really, dude's more of a charming alien trying to seem scary and I appreviate it but I can't see any of it as "scary" or "nightmare fuelish"
Design-wise, yeah. He's charming and not so scary. Compared to other designs like Drawcia Soul, Magalor Soul and Zero, his design itself isn't really grotesque. But can you really ignore what he does as "not scary"? I mean, a character can be frightening for what they can do rather than what they look like. I mean, I think I'd be pretty freaked out if I saw a little guy sprout out their entire nerve system to attack with.
marx.png

Like I'm no biology scientist, but I'm pretty sure someone of his size, especially one with no real arms, should not have that big of a Nervous System. Nevermind the fact that it's apparently scorching hot to people who touch it.
only if it's the Lorekeeper Zinnia remix
View attachment 179644
There's no doubt that Divine Bloodlines is amazing. But that said, Cross your Heart out definitely wins over me, just for what I did not expect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom