• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I got Sonic Forces... it’s uh. It’s bad. Like not horrendous or unplayable but it’s just not good. It’s fun... sometimes. It’s just not what I want. Especially those Classic Sonic levels. Blegh

But holy ****ing **** if you can ever depend on Sonic games to get one thing it’s the music. Almost all of it is just... just
You realize this means we get to meme the **** out of Fist Bump at you now right?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Le me watching Turn Left
>(They turning right this weekend lol)
>Mah car the #78 is leading
>The OP as **** #4 passes him for the lead.
>Notto disu ******* agen.jpg
>I change the channel filled with resignation
>NASCAR phone notification
>#78 jebaited the field by making everyone enter pit road while he stayed out and gained a 15 second advantage to win
oh.png

oh...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Forces is very much the kiddy pool of the Boost games.

Not offensively bad at all but a really shallow experience nonetheless. I still enjoyed my time with it though, except for Classic Sonic.

In other news, FGC Twitter is ******** so hard about Menat being top tier she started to trend LOL.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When did Subspace Emissary switch from being something people thought was dumb to something people say was well loved and want back?

Is it like a "You don't know how good you have it until it's gone" kind of thing?

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Does anybody know where to find a list of the runners that will be playing at SGDQ?
beep boop

I'm mad that I missed most of the Majora's Mask run. Once the couch let slip that the number of home menu buffers was somehow relevant later on I knew it was going to some wild places

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
beep boop

I'm mad that I missed most of the Majora's Mask run. Once the couch let slip that the number of home menu buffers was somehow relevant later on I knew it was going to some wild places

The Castlevanias are on Tuesdays, nice.

Glitchless/Warpless runs of games not called Pokémon are my jam.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm really depressed right now.

Nothing is going right.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When did Subspace Emissary switch from being something people thought was dumb to something people say was well loved and want back?

Is it like a "You don't know how good you have it until it's gone" kind of thing?
It was cool to play through but it did drag on longer than it probably needed to. Especially with the great maze. And being in an original world had it's ups and downs.

I'd rather have Melee's Adventure mode make a comeback. I feel that adding that in again and bringing in the stages/worlds of each series could be fun. Maybe even throw in a SF2 style bonus game when you beat a Street Fighter level.

I'm really depressed right now.

Nothing is going right.
Not really sure how to help from here, but if you feel like venting to someone, I'll still probably be up for a couple hours.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, it's gotten a bit depressing here. I'm not sure how well it will help, but I'll try to cheer it up with some wholesome.

Life will have it's ups and downs, but cherish every little bit you go up because every little bit is still something worth appreciating. Even if the rewards you find don't always satisfy you, be thankful for the effort you put in, for it still got you somewhere and it will keep helping you. Your efforts will never leave you.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
>Rerun of Summer Banners

Oh no no no no no.
Though you will probably want to pull for Summer Corrin right? I wish you good luck hahaha.

I managed to pull an Hector on my free summon in the Ylissean Summer banner, which is great! It's funny because the two Hectors I've gotten have both been in the Ylissean summer banner. Last year he pity broke me going for S!Tiki, and now he appears as a free summon on the same banner hahaha. Summer Hector when

I'll keep him for now, don't know if I really want to give Catria DC since I already gave her Brazen Atk/Spd.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, who wants to be the lucky sap that tags me when they do Metroid runs at SGDQ?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Though you will probably want to pull for Summer Corrin right? I wish you good luck hahaha.

I managed to pull an Hector on my free summon in the Ylissean Summer banner, which is great! It's funny because the two Hectors I've gotten have both been in the Ylissean summer banner. Last year he pity broke me going for S!Tiki, and now he appears as a free summon on the same banner hahaha. Summer Hector when

I'll keep him for now, don't know if I really want to give Catria DC since I already gave her Brazen Atk/Spd.
Im legit torn right now :laugh:

-I have 4%/4% pity rate in Summer Arrival, and I want S!Cordy
-Now S!Corrin appears
-I want S!Tiki because I need a bulky axe for the gardens.
-I only have 5 orbs

Im skipping the Legendary for sure (F!Grima a myth); the Grand Conquests/Voting Gauntlet orbs are going to Summer Hell :V

You should keep the Hector for now as she has enough bulk to take a physical hit and enter in the Skill activation range with no problem and then destroy everything with the setup you have imo.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Become filthy rich and blackmail people then :V
Any other choice that won't let you have risk of going in jail? LOL

I... watch a vid and yeah I know it's already over a year ago
just something to say:
I would definitely agree on this video saying PS Vita is a console worth buying... unless you own a Switch. I already heard how a lot of people say Switch is the Vita that did right, which I don't know why they say that.
I mean back when I got the 3DS, I actually want PS Vita, but that wasn't because of the games but because it has web browser. However, once I got smartphone, I never consider getting a Vita...

After I watch this video, now I understand why, because many of these reasons are now overshadowed by Switch, besides the price and PS Network.

- Switch definitely has advantage over Vita when it comes to remote play... I mean this one is super obvious
- Indies Game are now definitely going to Switch since it is a way more successful console than Vita, and we already have some indie studios even say their studio was saved because of their game has a good sale on Switch.
- And yes, Vita still has more games than Switch... for now, and Switch definitely has the better quality for the most part.
- Sure PS Vita cards are more cheaper than it was before, but transferring stuff on the card is still more difficult than micro SD cards...
- UI may be lacking for Switch, but it is snappy and quick.

Ok, in order to shut those up who once again calling out me being a fanboy, Vita still have some advantages:
- It's smaller than Switch, therefore it has a better portability than Switch.
- Web browser, sure my phone can do a better job on that but Vita's browser isn't that sloppy for the most part.
- And again, price sure is the biggest advantage, if there's a game on Vita that is on Switch (Like YS VIII), if the graphics aren't that much of a difference and if I want to get Ys VIII so bad but wants a cheaper deal, I would definitely prefer Vita.

So yeah, kind of like Wii U, PS Vita is a handheld I like in general, but then again, for a video game console, it isn't the best choice anymore. I really hope Sony can release another handheld similar to Vita but did many things right, such as using micro sd cards this time, upgrade similar or even slightly more better specs than the Switch, better remote play link with PS4 aor with the next gen console they are working on.

D

Deleted member

true there is a lot of stock put into popularity(mostly because of little amc and ridley)
There's a difference between being a highly requested Smash fighter and being popular within your own series.
Hell, if anything that would've been a major boon for Decidueye due to allegedly being the most highly requested Gen 7 mon.

now consider thing greninja was chosen because sakurai thought it looked the coolest which yes delphox and chesnaught are trashfires so tis a slam dunk in greninja favor, when we look at the three alolan starters we have

an idol (the thing japan loves) inspired pokemon
an archer (the thing people do as a club) inspired okemon
and Tiger Mask (a cultural icon and beloved anime and manga series) inspired pokemon

out of the three incineroar is the coolest option ebcause we dont have a dedicated wrestler sure bowsers side b now has him do an elbow drop but theres so much mroe you can do with a wrestling focused moveset than say archery which is extensively covered by multiple characters and then theres falco who already has the bird love normals angle covered
No one covers an extensive archery moveset. The Links and Pits only use a bow in one move.
I'd say they're equal.
and then theres primarina who can be more sound based fighter(like jigglypuff should have been)
You can't add Primarina without giving her a walking animation that doesn't look akward. I feel that's fatal for her chances.
am i saying its impossible for decidueye to get in? no hes got a solid 33.3% chance and daisy of all characters got in so anything thats not an assist trophy or pokeball is still fair game

that all being said want who you want i wont stop you just expect the worst so you can be plesantly surprized if they get in or be completely right when they dont
I don't need anyone to tell me if my character is likely or unlikely. I already discuss it almost every day in the main thread for Smash Ultimate, and it doesn't affect what i waant to begin with.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
There's a chance Decidueye's moveset wouldn't be all that archery-based. He'd probably use arrows for more than one move, but it could be Spirit Shackle as a special, and then normal arrows for a couple normals. After all, archery's not the only thing he can attack with.
You can't add Primarina without giving her a walking animation that doesn't look akward. I feel that's fatal for her chances.
As I saw someone else once suggest, Primarina could move around with water as if it was using a weak Surf.

D

Deleted member

There's a chance Decidueye's moveset wouldn't be all that archery-based. He'd probably use arrows for more than one move, but it could be Spirit Shackle as a special, and then normal arrows for a couple normals. After all, archery's not the only thing he can attack with.

As I saw someone else once suggest, Primarina could move around with water as if it was using a weak Surf.
I still do think Decidueye would be very projectile-heavy, his whole gimmick is physical moves that don't make contact after all.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing about Primarina, especially now that Squirtle has Surf in its running animation

D

Deleted member

It's not my preferred option, but I'll take what I'm given.
I just want him playable.
It could work, but it would still look akward.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

People developed good taste.

Chrono.

I only really liked the cutscenes from SSE.

Aside from The Great Maze, my memory on every other stage is kinda fuzzy.

Also this one's dumb but I wasn't a huge fan of characters you met being auto unlocks, so every time I played Brawl from scratch I always went and unlocked everyone first before playing SSE because I liked fighting the characters to unlock them.

inb4archaicgamedesign (which it is, but I personally enjoy it)

D

Deleted member

So I got Sonic Forces... it’s uh. It’s bad. Like not horrendous or unplayable but it’s just not good. It’s fun... sometimes. It’s just not what I want. Especially those Classic Sonic levels. Blegh

But holy ****ing **** if you can ever depend on Sonic games to get one thing it’s the music. Almost all of it is just... just
Music is not the best, but it is actually pretty good.

Also Sonic Forces is bad indeed, but it is not the worst Sonic Game in my opinion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, here's a question.

What difficulty did y'all play Subspace Emissary on? Or typically play it on if you are someone who revisits it?

Chrono.

Actually, here's a question.

What difficulty did y'all play Subspace Emissary on? Or typically play it on if you are someone who revisits it?
Normal or Hard I think.

Last time I revisited it was before Smash 3DS came out. Which would bring my total of times I've played to three or maybe just two.

As a side note, I did play Brawl after Smash Wii U had come out and it was ****ing weird playing the two almost back to back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also this one's dumb but I wasn't a huge fan of characters you met being auto unlocks, so every time I played Brawl from scratch I always went and unlocked everyone first before playing SSE because I liked fighting the characters to unlock them.

Half of the fun of fighting games is unlocking characters, I'll take an archaic game design any day if it's fun. Smash just makes the whole process a lot more fun by having you fight them to do so.
Like, I'm so hyped for Ultimate and the fact there's at least 50 unlockable characters is just perfect to me.
these lolicon animes coming out are gross
Just you wait until you realize they've been coming out for years now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Lmao if you remember Great Maze then remember that but doubled as it's just everything else of the SSE but repeated

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For me, since Brawl was one of the first video game I ever played, I remember having a great time playing and replaying SSE with different characters, I didn't have standard as to what make level design good or not so, so every levels felt fun to go through, the cutscenes, the boss and The Great Maze in particular were my highlight from what I remember.

Now, I'm sure I would probably enjoy it alot less since I know much, much more about video games, but I think I would still have fun moments here and there, if only for nostalgia.

D

Deleted member

Brawl was not one of my first games, but it was fun. I heard about it around 2012-2013.
Subspace was almost a masterpiece, and I liked Boss Mode.
The only thing that made me not like it a whole lot was the floatiness and tripping.
Even with items it did not feel fun to play.

I still like Brawl though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, I figured most people played SSE on the lower difficulties. Thing is, it's better on higher difficulties. Because the difficulty doesn't just effect enemy strength, it also effects the speed of hazards and moving platforms. Makes it much more engaging to play when rotating platforms and such are more mobile.

Also since the enemies are so strong and fast on higher higher difficulties, you can't just go in and button mash, you need to know the character you're playing as and intelligently use their skills just like in a VS Smash.

It's not a perfect mode by any stretch, and it's somewhat inherently held back by Brawl's mechanics, but it's legitimately really engaging on higher difficulties. Even more so if you play it in Project M, which actually gives the Turbo Item a chance to show up as an item, which in hindsight, is a power-up that feels especially satisfying in SSE as if it was made for that mode. It was also a really fun co-op mode, as someone who's done multiple co-op runs with different people.

Also while I can understand the Great Maze being annoying if you are of the mindset of "I just wanna be done/I just wanna unlock Sonic", as someone who enjoyed the mode in general, I really enjoyed the Great Maze. While all of the levels had some exploration elements, the Great Maze was a fully exploration based, non-linear level and it offered a real shake-up to how you played the game.

People accuse SSE of being repetitive, but it's no more repetitive than any other action-platformer. The level design is actually quite varied and you don't mindlessly fight enemies 100% of the time, you do a lot of platforming, exploration, and puzzle-solving too. Stage specific gimmicks are also a thing and they often use the objects such as barrels and launch pads in creative and satisfying ways.

Also the boss fights were a lot of fun.

My main criticisms of the mode are just the nerfed movement speed some characters have compared to the normal game (if anything they should have buffed characters like Ganondorf for the mode, to make them more mobile), the sticker system not being too fleshed out, and the lack of actual Nintendo locations (though I enjoyed the aesthetics of many of the SSE levels, actual Nintendo levels would have been more interesting).

One of the main reasons I was disappointed with Smash Wii U lacking any sort of expansive Adventure Mode component, was because Custom Equipment was just MADE for it. It fixes the biggest issue of SSE, which is how not every character is fast or athletic enough to get through the platforming efficiently. Additionally, if people are struggling with stuff like hard hitting bosses, they can give themselves loads of defense or healing equipment or something. It's such a well-developed system with so much potential that has literally no use in Smash Wii U (3DS at least had Smash Run), aside from using it to make Classic Mode a little easier with characters you aren't as good with. They could even add a leveling system to such an Adventure Mode that increases a character's base stats for the mode.

And I'll be extra disappointed if Ultimate lacks any sort of Adventure Mode because it's being developed using the Wii U game as a base, which means the custom equipment feature should be done and ready to go.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I figured most people played SSE on the lower difficulties. Thing is, it's better on higher difficulties. Because the difficulty doesn't just effect enemy strength, it also effects the speed of hazards and moving platforms. Makes it much more engaging to play when rotating platforms and such are more mobile.

Also since the enemies are so strong and fast on higher higher difficulties, you can't just go in and button mash, you need to know the character you're playing as and intelligently use their skills just like in a VS Smash.

It's not a perfect mode by any stretch, and it's somewhat inherently held back by Brawl's mechanics, but it's legitimately really engaging on higher difficulties. Even more so if you play it in Project M, which actually gives the Turbo Item a chance to show up as an item, which in hindsight, is a power-up that feels especially satisfying in SSE as if it was made for that mode. It was also a really fun co-op mode, as someone who's done multiple co-op runs with different people.

Also while I can understand the Great Maze being annoying if you are of the mindset of "I just wanna be done/I just wanna unlock Sonic", as someone who enjoyed the mode in general, I really enjoyed the Great Maze. While all of the levels had some exploration elements, the Great Maze was a fully exploration based, non-linear level and it offered a real shake-up to how you played the game.

People accuse SSE of being repetitive, but it's no more repetitive than any other action-platformer. The level design is actually quite varied and you don't mindlessly fight enemies 100% of the time, you do a lot of platforming, exploration, and puzzle-solving too. Stage specific gimmicks are also a thing and they often use the objects such as barrels and launch pads in creative and satisfying ways.

Also the boss fights were a lot of fun.

My main criticisms of the mode are just the nerfed movement speed some characters have compared to the normal game (if anything they should have buffed characters like Ganondorf for the mode, to make them more mobile), the sticker system not being too fleshed out, and the lack of actual Nintendo locations (though I enjoyed the aesthetics of many of the SSE levels, actual Nintendo levels would have been more interesting).

One of the main reasons I was disappointed with Smash Wii U lacking any sort of expansive Adventure Mode component, was because Custom Equipment was just MADE for it. It fixes the biggest issue of SSE, which is how not every character is fast or athletic enough to get through the platforming efficiently. Additionally, if people are struggling with stuff like hard hitting bosses, they can give themselves loads of defense or healing equipment or something. It's such a well-developed system with so much potential that has literally no use in Smash Wii U (3DS at least had Smash Run), aside from using it to make Classic Mode a little easier with characters you aren't as good with. They could even add a leveling system to such an Adventure Mode that increases a character's base stats for the mode.

And I'll be extra disappointed if Ultimate lacks any sort of Adventure Mode because it's being developed using the Wii U game as a base, which means the custom equipment feature should be done and ready to go.
Intense Mode on Subspace is actually easy and more fun for me. I did it more than once.
I was able to beat Tabuu twice in Intense Mode.
Then I never really played Brawl again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom