• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok but he doubledowned on it yelling "WITCH HUNT" and not apologizing but saying "My fans did it and it's ok". Plus he misgenders Vivian in a video iirc
Because, like I said, I honestly don't think he understands why what he said was wrong. So if you go into it not knowing and suddenly people are calling for your head, of course you're gonna be defensive.

Like I said, I'm not saying what he did was right. I'm just saying I can see where the disconnect is coming from. Hell, it happened in this very thread at least twice. And honestly a lot of the posts against him DO seem like witch hunts. Regardless of whether or not the issue is legitimate, the method is the message. Bottom line.

I'm just saying the whole issue could've been dealt with with more tact from both he and those who took offense.

Also I don't see how the last thing is so important considering people do the same for Marth all the time. I doubt it was done deliberately, considering that not even Nintendo seemed to be consistent with it. Once again I can see where someone might make the mistake, but what matters is if it was done with malicious intent.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I have a question, who is better to use in your eyes? Zeluigus or Ayra?
I'm not really qualified to answer this question for two reasons;
  1. I never got an Ayra
  2. My Zelgius has -Spd, meaning his stats are among the worst he can have
But I'll answer it anyway:p

You're asking us to compare two units with different purposes.

Ayra is a great attack phase unit due to her crazy speed, devastating specials and terrifying builds. She even even be considered a mixed phase terror if you give her Distant Counter.

Zelgius feels more like an enemy phase kind of unit due to his toolset. But being an armored unit gives him access to some really broken skills and team formations. In fact, the former makes him very versatile if you manage to get those skills on him.

Also it is funny I got Hector, a rare five-star Minerva and Brave Ike, but no Fallen Robin. :lol:
USE THEM, YOU LUCKY SON OF A LEPRECHAUN!

Right, now your gonna get it.

Don't

Steal

my
joke
But we're the same people from different universes.

Everything that is yours is thus technically mine. :troll:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because, like I said, I honestly don't think he understands why what he said was wrong. So if you go into it not knowing and suddenly people are calling for your head, of course you're gonna be defensive.

Like I said, I'm not saying what he did was right. I'm just saying I can see where the disconnect is coming from. Hell, it happened in this very thread at least twice. And honestly a lot of the posts against him DO seem like witch hunts. Regardless of whether or not the issue is legitimate, the method is the message. Bottom line.

I'm just saying the whole issue could've been dealt with with more tact from both he and those who took offense.

Also I don't see how the last thing is so important considering people do the same for Marth all the time. I doubt it was done deliberately, considering that not even Nintendo seemed to be consistent with it. Once again I can see where someone might make the mistake, but what matters is if it was done with malicious intent.
The video with Vivian was about LGBT in video games and matpat's got a track record for being a huge ****ing baby about criticism "NOOOO THE HATERSSSS!" is an example but what will ALWAYS stick to me is "PEOPLE MADE A PETITION TO KICK ME OFF OF THE INTERNET!" and while he's saying that he's showing a petition that clearly says "Make Matpat admit his 'Mario is Mental' video is wrong" sooooooo I'm not willing to give him the benefit of doubt, I can get the video of that example if you want

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
>Momo/Jiro

I sleep

>Momo/Kendo

REAL ****?!
Momo/Kendo? When did that happen?

But we're the same people from different universes.

Everything that is yours is thus technically mine. :troll:
We can't be the same, because you insulted mullets, and deserves only one punishment.

Should I stop with this joke yet?

D

Deleted member

I'm not really qualified to answer this question for two reasons;
  1. I never got an Ayra
  2. My Zelgius has -Spd, meaning his stats are among the worst he can have
But I'll answer it anyway:p

You're asking us to compare two units with different purposes.

Ayra is a great attack phase unit due to her crazy speed, devastating specials and terrifying builds. She even even be considered a mixed phase terror if you give her Distant Counter.

Zelgius feels more like an enemy phase kind of unit due to his toolset. But being an armored unit gives him access to some really broken skills and team formations. In fact, the former makes him very versatile if you manage to get those skills on him.
Ooh.... I get it.
My brain is in an intense power increase on choosing one.
USE THEM, YOU LUCKY SON OF A LEPRECHAUN!
Mmm... I will consider Brave Ike and Hector.
The reason why I do not want to use my five-star Minerva is because the other greens feel better and her nature is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The video with Vivian was about LGBT in video games and matpat's got a track record for being a huge ****ing baby about criticism "NOOOO THE HATERSSSS!" is an example but what will ALWAYS stick to me is "PEOPLE MADE A PETITION TO KICK ME OFF OF THE INTERNET!" and while he's saying that he's showing a petition that clearly says "Make Matpat admit his 'Mario is Mental' video is wrong" sooooooo I'm not willing to give him the benefit of doubt, I can get the video of that example if you want
And it's clear you can't have an actual discussion about this without resorting to "hilarious" caps lock spam, so I'd rather not continue wasting my time with this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And it's clear you can't have an actual discussion about this without resorting to "hilarious" caps lock spam, so I'd rather not continue wasting my time with this.
I guess but that doesn't change how he double downed on transphobia
>Norio Wakomoto

BY THE POWER OF MASAKO NOZAWA

:^)
Ok, but can that save you from a Martian Norio Wakamoto with magma powers?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ooh.... I get it.
My brain is in an intense power increase on choosing one.
How about not caring for either?

Use the units you've been given rather than try to plan ahead because getting units is pure RNG.

That's why I always have two build plans for each unit I want to use;
  1. A cheap build that uses resources I either already have or are easy to obtain
  2. An ambitious build that's basically a pipe dream (like Quad FrankenJakob)
Mmm... I will consider Brave Ike and Hector.
The reason why I do not want to use my five-star Minerva is because the other greens feel better and her nature is bad.
What was her nature again?

If -Atk... yeah, that's bad...

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ya know...

It's been a while since I talked about this.

Here are all my five star units in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Red Units:
Alfonse
Ogma
Ayra
Roy
Joshua
Ike
Legendary Ike
Chrom
Olivia
"Marth"
Corrin
Ryoma
Draug
Black Knight
Eldigan
Caeda
Adult Tiki
Celica
Lilina
Sanaki

Blue Units:
Sharena
Fjorm
Brave Lucina
Gwendolyn
Effie
Roderick
Oscar
Hinoka
Female Corrin
Talitiu
Mage Reinhardt

Green Units:
Anna
Brave Ike
Frederick
Camilla
Male Grima
Soren
Valentine's Lilina
Cecilia

Colorsless Units:
Faye
Klein
Rebecca
Kagero
Summer Frederick
Dancing Olivia
Genny
Sakura

I'm still F2P.

What do you think?
Looks like a pretty good bunch to me. I'd like a Faye in particular, so I can do some Guard Bow shenanigans. :p

I could also list mine, but I'm just going to be lazy and link to here where I have most of the stuff I actually use on display so people can stealborrow some ideas if they like. It's mostly up-to-date, though missing some more recent stuff I've been working on, and I also didn't list some stuff I have that I don't use as much any more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess but that doesn't change how he double downed on transphobia

Ok, but can that save you from a Martian Norio Wakamoto with magma powers?
He doubled down on not thinking he did anything wrong.

What you said implies malicious intent where none was present. As such, you're not arguing in good faith.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He doubled down on not thinking he did anything wrong.

What you said implies malicious intent where none was present. As such, you're not arguing in good faith.
He's attacked other before many times, there's no good faith to be had with a person who doesn't even have the guts to say "Sorry you felt that way" after he tweeted "People should learn to apologize when doing something wrong". Just because you don't think something is wrong doesn't mean it isn't wrong. Especially when his defence was "Well my fans started it"
Unless Martian Wakomoto with magma powers is beyond solar system buster levels, then yes :p
Wait another 20 weeks we'll probably know everything by then

Day 342: Still mad about a smashboards glitch from early Febuary. I curse Animafia's PM as much as I curse my inability to let go of a pointless grudge.

Starting to get worried I was wrong about the direct. yeah I gave myself one more full week, but E3 is only like 2 months away at this point. I didn't realize how close it was. Maybe what it was wrong to believe we could get the info I assumed about could happen so close. . .maybe I just don't know how calendars work.
:061:

D

Deleted member

I wonder if the anime will ever refer to the fact that...

Tiger is trans, though I wouldn't expect them to since that factoid was in his volume 9 profile and not mentioned in the pages of the manga.
I doubt it since, as you said, it's only confirmed in his profile.
Unless he gets a profile that happens before and after the commercial break
See everyone, Gwen knows what's up

With that LGBT representation, fingers crossed for Momo/Jiro to happen.
Minor LGBT characters is one thing, main ones is another because Horikoshi needs to get through Shonen Jump.
The question to me is if he will manage to somehow confirm these in the manga itself, because I very much so believe the shipteasing between Momo and Jirou, and Bakugou and Kirishima are completely intentional.

I mean, you don't make a whole chapter titled "Taking His Hand" focused around how Kirishima is the only one that would be able to convince Bakugo to stop fighting the villains anf escape and then tell me they're not gay.

Horikoshi has shown he's willing to include LGBT characters that aren't just jokes. And I fully believe the only reason he can't and doesn't go further is because Shonen Jump has prevented or will prevent him from doing it. Because Japan still doesn't have the best views on LGBT people and it would be an incredibly risky move to do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He's attacked other before many times, there's no good faith to be had with a person who doesn't even have the guts to say "Sorry you felt that way" after he tweeted "People should learn to apologize when doing something wrong". Just because you don't think something is wrong doesn't mean it isn't wrong. Especially when his defence was "Well my fans started it"

Wait another 20 weeks we'll probably know everything by then
I'm just saying you're taking one incident and blowing it out of proportion, and that's coming from one of the biggest LGBT allies on this site, probably. It's hard to take anything you say on the subject of MatPat seriously when you're worryingly obsessed with ****ting on him whenever you can. It's not healthy.

I'm saying I don't think it was done with malicious intent. What he did was wrong, but I don't think it's something that makes him irredeemable like what Jontron or Pewdiepie did. That's all I'm saying. Otherwise from what I've seen he's a legitimately good guy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm just saying you're taking one incident and blowing it out of proportion, and that's coming from one of the biggest LGBT allies on this site, probably. It's hard to take anything you say on the subject of MatPat seriously when you're worryingly obsessed with ****ting on him whenever you can. It's not healthy.

I'm saying I don't think it was done with malicious intent. What he did was wrong, but I don't think it's something that makes him irredeemable like what Jontron or Pewdiepie did. That's all I'm saying. Otherwise from what I've seen he's a legitimately good guy.
I don't know, I can't stand Egoraptor ever since I became 16 yet I believe he's a good person but I can't say the same about matpat. Good guys don't throw tantrums at being politely corrected
Congrats, you are now on at least one government watch-list

:061:
Cure's British iirc so yeah

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Minor LGBT characters is one thing, main ones is another because Horikoshi needs to get through Shonen Jump.
The question to me is if he will manage to somehow confirm these in the manga itself, because I very much so believe the shipteasing between Momo and Jirou, and Bakugou and Kirishima are completely intentional.

I mean, you don't make a whole chapter titled "Taking His Hand" focused around how Kirishima is the only one that would be able to convince Bakugo to stop fighting the villains anf escape and then tell me they're not gay.

Horikoshi has shown he's willing to include LGBT characters that aren't just jokes. And I fully believe the only reason he can't and doesn't go further is because Shonen Jump has prevented or will prevent him from doing it. Because Japan still doesn't have the best views on LGBT people and it would be an incredibly risky move to do.
Well, if Shounen Jump is getting in the way, he might do a thing at the end of the series where he has them hock up, and yes I totally see Bakugou and Kirishima getting together. Although since MHA is clearly taking inspiration from USA comics, so its possible that Horikoshi could convince Jump to actually have them pair up, since having LGBT in the next generation of heroes pops up all the time in Marvel and DC Super Hero comics, he could say something like, this'll make them sell better in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom