• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well her post wouldn’t have existed without mine.

Mine was the catalyst of greatness and thus was greatness itself.
Course. That's the situation with most of my best quips too. Solidarity probably biases me a bit.

But even though both made me smile, only one of the two had me bursting out laughing for real, so gotta say assessment stands.

I am ****ing disappointed in what I just caught up with
Deepest sympathies for your taste.

One spot excepted I thought it was wonderful to wake up to.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well it’s almost midnight and this topic can only handle 1 great so since Red is here now I can go to bed soon.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well it’s almost midnight and this topic can only handle 1 great so since Red is here now I can go to bed soon.
Pssh.

I've seen my night posts. They ain't that great.

Everyone goes to bed and I've nothing to play off of.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp; as per usual, I missed 6-8 pages worth of silliness and unexpected discussion on the NintenZone. I guess I'm Natz~ Natz~ surprised as per usual, but I've been kind of busy lately with classes and other stuff (plus some occasional inactivity), so... :p

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
well i'm still around, not sure wat ya can do with me but ya still here for something :V
open mouth close mouth.png

Nope not making that joke.

It's kind of an organic, emergent process. We talk long enough and I'll have some solid sass. They've proved it mathematically.

How are you alive?
Shades block out the sunlight.
avi_thirsty.png

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
View attachment 141216

Nope not making that joke.
...i usually see the joke when its pointed out but uh not this time, but ok won't ask .-.
It's kind of an organic, emergent process. We talk long enough and I'll have some solid sass. They've proved it mathematically.
oh cool, so just continue onward and growth happens naturally

sounds neat, and plus allows for laziness and ability to do nothing while doing nothing with something happening

i'll be right here resting while the process works

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
...i usually see the joke when its pointed out but uh not this time, but ok won't ask .-.
Was pretty scandalous.

I'll do pretty scandalous another day.
avi_thirsty_small.png

For the moment I got a bit of a project I wanna work through. Rest easy, back in a bit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People asking for Magolor, Suzie, Taranza to appear as playable characters

Is anyone ever going to ask for Hyness in a future game?

I don't think so. Such a disappointing cast of villains in this latest kirby game

Edit: I guess it's possible someone could like the design of one of the mage generals. They' didn't stick out as characters to me though

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People asking for Magolor, Suzie, Taranza to appear as playable characters

Is anyone ever going to ask for Hyness in a future game?

I don't think so. Such a disappointing cast of villains in this latest kirby game

Edit: I guess it's possible someone could like the design of one of the mage generals. They' didn't stick out as characters to me though
Of course people wouldn't ask for the thing they don't know as well as the other things smh

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hyness is legit one of my favorite Kirby villains.

He's the darkest villain we've had in ages and I love it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hyness is legit one of my favorite Kirby villains.

He's the darkest villain we've had in ages and I love it.
Really? Darker than Dream star that manipulated a man into a desperate struggle to find his daughter. Destroying worlds in order to get enough resources to grant his wish, when his daughter was next to him the whole time.

Or darker than Queen Sectoria who was corrupted by the "amazing mirror", feeding on her own vanity until she was driven to an insane state that sacrificed everything for beauty. While her former friend desperately struggled to help her, him being the one that gave her the item that caused her insanity in the first place. Only to help Kirby kill her.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Really? Darker than Dream star that manipulated a man into a desperate struggle to find his daughter. Destroying worlds in order to get enough resources to grant his wish, when his daughter was next to him the whole time.

Or darker than Queen Sectoria who was corrupted by the "amazing mirror", feeding on her own vanity until she was driven to an insane state that sacrificed everything for beauty. While her former friend desperately struggled to help her, him being the one that gave her the item that caused her insanity in the first place. Only to help Kirby kill her.
1: You mean Star Dream who was buggy
2: Those are more tragic than dark

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hyness just seems like the generic villain that gathers the macguffins to unleash the ancient evil

IDK is there something more to him?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Forced sacrifice and cults and brainwashing are a bit more dark than the other cases you said.

Hyness' sheer disregard for life is downright horrifying. He's actually written like a cult leader, down to supposedly being "charismatic" when he wants to be.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kirby lore got pretty frikkin' deep lately.

I guess that's a sign that people working on it now grew up with the originals.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On a related note...

Hyness is a perfect foil to Kirby and deals with the theme of the game. Friendship.

Hyness makes allies but never treats them well, forcing them to do things without their consent such as sapping their life and forcing them to be sacrificed. He is above them and everyone knows it.

Meanwhile, Kirby treats his friends well and treats them as equals, even if they were befriended through questionable means (barring Dream Friends cause they're actually his buds). They dance together. They share food and are all treated as equal parts of the team.

The fact that both can use friend abilities like friend wheel only highlight the similarities and differences.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So, the Thracia banner is out in FEH. The good news
I got THE REINHARDT. The bad news is that he's +Spd -Res lol. Whatever, I'm sure he's going to be an awesome unit to use, I really can't wait to train him up.

On another note, the chapter 7 of book 2 is up, and oh boy...
If any of you were expecting Gunthrá to come as a free unit when she joined the party... Guess it's never going to happen. This got dark pretty quick, Surtr doesn't care about anything, he just burned her to death...

I don't know how long this story is going to be. Technically the summoner has now the two mythical weapons needed to destroy Surtr, so it could end really quickly (I want the bad guys to become allies already). Either way, this is much more entertaining than book one.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright, got me a pile of orbs, gonna go for Reinhardt.

First one came and went. Accidentally burnt the free summon on a blue, sniped one red, no luck.

But hey that's first set. Second set's up, let's snipe a ****ing red.

upload_2018-4-11_5-40-1.png

...well alright then. Let's snipe a ****ing re-.

lucky reinhardt.png

WELL ALL THE **** RIGHT LET'S GO SNIPE SOME GREEN DRAGONS NOW.

If any of you were expecting Gunthrá to come as a free unit when she joined the party... Guess it's never going to happen. This got dark pretty quick, Surtr doesn't care about anything, he just burned her to death...

I don't know how long this story is going to be. Technically the summoner has now the two mythical weapons needed to destroy Surtr, so it could end really quickly (I want the bad guys to become allies already). Either way, this is much more entertaining than book one.
Yeah Surtr pulled some stone cold **** right there.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but wasn't super fond of the writing for some reason. Surtr showing up at the place out of nowhere was a bit jarring, if acceptable, but Gunnthrá's last act just didn't have the kind of player punch to it I was hoping for.

I still dig it overall.We'll see how it plays out in the next chapter or two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey I got Bigfoot
I have, like, a ****ton of Abels so I guess I know what to do
Jk I'll just give WoM to someone
What the secret that you live in the dark? That isn't a secret, living in the dark is the natural habit of gamers. :troll:

How dare you besmirch the good name of the pure Yuri maidens, I'll have you know, each maiden takes part in a series of multiple courting gestures, before they even start holding hands. I will not have you impune the good name of Yuri.

Though with that said, hand holding Yuri couples are the most disgusting ones there, such degenerates.
If you don't understand this joke, you clearly haven't been around in the Yuri community long enough to know the long running joke of hand holding being the most promiscuous thing a Yuri couple can do, cause of the genres over use of the Protective/Cool older sister figure, and innocent young girl.
Everyone knows handholding is super lewd tho
Just to note, Artoria you can always have a chance of getting. Iskander is limited and can only be gotten on Rate-ups that he's on. I can't remember about Kiritsugu, but I don't think any 4-stars are limited except for Welfare servants like Nobunaga.
You make a good point. I'm gonna have to check Kiritsugu, because I honestly want him more than Iskander
I still have Shiki, Cursed Arm and Sanson why are all Assassins so precious
The ghosts and Servant aren't at all hard, but that Soul Eater is the worst.
Carmilla(both her true version and Liz as her) is also pretty annoying because she has a 3-turn charge and she can even kill a Lv90 Tamamo with bith of her Morph buffs.
The ghosts don't help with their skill seals and stuns either.
And maybe if Soul Eater wasn't there, I could go into the last wave wuth fully charged NPs but as it is I havr to burn Robin's and Mordred's NP on that thing or else the fight gets prolonged too much and it crits someone.
They share food
Is that how kids are calling it nowadays?

Ivander

Smash Legend

First one came and went. Accidentally burnt the free summon on a blue, sniped one red, no luck.

View attachment 141226

View attachment 141227

Can't quite put my finger on it, but wasn't super fond of the writing for some reason. Surtr showing up at the place out of nowhere was a bit jarring, if acceptable, but Gunnthrá's last act just didn't have the kind of player punch to it I was hoping for.

It did look like he appeared out of nowhere. Heck, he didn't even know himself what we were doing there, as Gunnthra mentioned that he already stopped their mother from performing the Rite.
Then he mentioned Loki. And that she was the one who said to come there. Than it all made sense. Loki knew ahead of time what we were trying to do. Hence why even with the sisters out of the way, Muspell got to Gunnthra before us.
The fact that Loki knew what we were trying to do and yet Surtr had no clue why we were trying to get to Gunnthra seems to show that Loki isn't telling her leader everything. I mean, if your Tactician tells you to go somewhere, there is usually a reason why or they usually explain why to go there. It seems to once again hint that she may be using him as a puppet, considering how easy she can seemingly tell Surtr what to do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are they even trying with these new Squad Assaults? The new one doesn't even give units their base kit and they're maps from launch. Like, the first one is the Linde+Merric one in the desert with a weaponless Cleric.
A shame, I really liked this mode but now I can just pick one specific unit for each map and solo it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not quite.

Only +2.

But we're getting there.
Left that club anyway.

I'm now in the +4 Grima club!

Nice.

Welcome to the Tanky Dragon Dad club.
50 HP, 58 Atk, 40 Def and 28 Res is busted. Especially when Warding Stance 3 comes into play, boosting his Res to 34.

And that's not even mentionning the Close Def Seal, which is there because I wanted something for close units since ranged ones get the adaptative damage.

In other words, ranged units can get more damage if their Def is lower than their Res, close units have to deal with a 46/40 defensive stat spread.

And both get to receive two hits from him too because Vengeful Fighter + Distant Counter breath.

If anyone has a better idea for a seal though, I'm open to suggestions.

Um... I exist?

View attachment 141226

View attachment 141227

inb4 your IVs are ****.

Stone cold?

I thought he was a fire guy :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom