• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/172263852264

Nintendo has filed for nine new trademarks for "downloadable video game programs", of which include:
  • Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario & Luigi
  • Metroid Prime
  • Octo (Splatoon's expansion)
  • Super Smash Bros
  • WarioWare
But maybe of more interest:
  • Metroid
  • Wario Land
Hmm...
Hmm, I see two likely potentials, their renewing the Wario Land Trademark, or they be getting some virtual console games ready.

And no, I refuse to accept the third option, I'm not getting my hopes up.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Regarding the previous conversation, I generally tend to avoid going political and focus right into the usual interests: video games and art. I never bring politics in conversations and I'm not too into the subject anyway.
Yep, At least not publicly right?
I mean there's already threads here on Smashboards specifically for talking about those stuff....

Edit: Just saw Etika streaming Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and he's at chapter 8 completing Blade quest.
Me:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
GOOEY TRAILER

He looks great. And it's pretty cool how he has Dark Matter attacks in his flying form. The 28th cannot come fast enough.
Also, the new Illusory Dungeon maps have Twilight of the Gods as its song and the only bad thing is that they're way too short.
Also, the enemy Phase music overrules it when you fight Camus. Seriously, Surtr is a flea compared to the real enemy that is the dreaded "Enemy Phase music".

Anyway, how would some of you feel about this?
Saw this on the FEH reddit. Think this would be a good item to put in the new Smash?

D

Deleted member

He looks great. And it's pretty cool how he has Dark Matter attacks in his flying form. The 28th cannot come fast enough.

Also, the enemy Phase music overrules it when you fight Camus. Seriously, Surtr is a flea compared to the real enemy that is the dreaded "Enemy Phase music".

Saw this on the FEH reddit. Think this would be a good item to put in the new Smash?
I've see others throw that idea around and I'm all for it.
Personally, I've been arguing since Smash 4 that we should have a Rescue Staff item that works like a FE Pokeball but the Breidablik obviously fits the idea so much better.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

you will just have people complaining about what one series is favored over another as always

Chrono.

Its a neat concept but to me, eh.

I don't even play with Items and ATs especially have never felt fun to me beyond trying to get pics of them.

Side note but if this happened I can see a lot of salt from both sides lol

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Apparently Gravity Falls is going to start airing on Disney Channel more regularly again soon.

Now I've got a perfectly legitimate reason to watch the channel for reasons other than boredom once again.
That's wonderful news lol. That show is fantastic.

I've been considering a re-watch of GF for a while but I have a ton of other shows I've never watched that I need to watch haha

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

Oh, guess I'm not the only one that thought about this. Yeah, that would be totally awesome to add in Smash. I talked with some friends about this idea, but they dismissed it quickly because it's from a mobile game, and Nintendo wouldn't want to add anything from that. Honestly, as long as FEH is property of Intelligent Systems and Nintendo, I don't see a reason why being from a mobile game would take away it's chances.

I can already imagine summoning Reinhardt and throwing two giant unblockable thunders across the screen annihilating whoever the target is. But let's be real, if it worked like the real weapon, the only characters we would be getting are Bartre, Wrys, Est and Raigh, and all of them would just splash like Magikarp...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Assists, I really hope they fix the issue of ATs and Pokeballs.
Like, some of them make the fight revolve simply around them when they're on the field. All they should do is a simple attack or abikity, not stay out for, like, 10 seconds throwing out **** like Keldeo does.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That's a really cool idea, honestly.

Oh, guess I'm not the only one that thought about this. Yeah, that would be totally awesome to add in Smash. I talked with some friends about this idea, but they dismissed it quickly because it's from a mobile game, and Nintendo wouldn't want to add anything from that. Honestly, as long as FEH is property of Intelligent Systems and Nintendo, I don't see a reason why being from a mobile game would take away it's chances.

I can already imagine summoning Reinhardt and throwing two giant unblockable thunders across the screen annihilating whoever the target is. But let's be real, if it worked like the real weapon, the only characters we would be getting are Bartre, Wrys, Est and Raigh, and all of them would just splash like Magikarp...
I wouldn't even be mad lmao :laugh:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

It's cool, but it has a significant flaw.

Lyn is in there and not on the main roster. :secretkpop:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yesterday I got bored of playing Pokémon. Today, I'm... Playing Pokémon. :laugh:

I'm currently playing Pokémon Red Adventure. I restarted, so I'm not as far as I was. My team is currently Poliwhirl, Bulbasaur, Doduo, and Nidoran (Male).

Trying to make sure everyone's got at least a neutral nature, just so I don't overwork myself in natures, which is what I always do...

I'm currently just about to enter Viridian Forest.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
@ShinyLegendary

As promised the other day, I'm gonna give you a few pointers on what to do in FEH, from the perspective of a F2P player (aside from one instance because Grima seemed ****ing worth it... and it was) who isn't a fully serious player, but does put some time, sweat and dedication to the game nonetheless; me.

• Don't use any tier list as gospel.
Instead, think of them as a source of reference as to what the current meta is and as a way to see how much utility the characters have. Especially when you consider how much the meta can change for one reason or another. Taking a good look at past tier lists could be a good way to explain my point, actually.

This is because even the lowest of tiers can actually get at least one kind of job done. For example, the regular Male Robin is a very solid red and colorless counter if you give him Triangle Adept due to his Raven tome and relatively high defense for a mage. In mainly anything else, he can be very lacking, but he still has one good purpose going for him.

But I'm not saying the top tiers are more versatile either. Some, such as Ayra and pretty much any armor unit, do have the stats and skill possibilities to be extremely versatile, but in the end, it's just because they do a better job at whatever purposes the lower tiers have. For example, Brave Lyn and Reindhart are really good because they're fantastic glass cannons, but trying to make them more defensive is straight up stupid.

Doesn't make the low tiers useless though because again, they can still get the job done with the right build. It just requires more time, effort, resources and not trying to let the thought of higher tiers doing a better job make you think these lower tiers are trash (unless you're talking about really bad units like regular Henry and Odin because nothing can really save them other than fodder potential).

With that said, make the best out of the units you have. They won't be huge threats, but if you make the right build for them, they can at least fulfill one purpose. And that one purpose could be very useful.
  • Plan ahead when you decide to give someone either a Sacred Seal or make them inherit a skill from someone else.
This is because, as I said, some units don't have the potential of being highly versatile so you can't just give them anything. For example, instead of patching bad stats, focus on the good ones so they can fulfill their intended purpose even better. Not to mention some stuff doesn't really work together. You need to think before you inherit lest you want to waste a unit for absolutely no reason.
  • Don't waste your orbs all the time.
Instead of trying to summon all the time, take the time to look at what your team needs what skills the focus units on banners have and whether or not you really need those units. If you just try to get a unit you want, but constantly waste your orbs, that's pretty counterproductive and could sadly lead to you spending actual money to get what you want. Manage your resources instead and think before you spend.

That could also help you a lot in real life at managing your budget once you start living on your own, so it would be a great idea and really beneficial for you in the long run to manage these resources, both in and out of the game.
  • Never send anyone home... unless they have nothing to offer.
No matter how bad a unit is, they usually have at least one good thing worth inheriting to another unit, so it would be more beneficial to do that instead.

If you end up with a unit that doesn't have anything to offer as fodder, they're the ones you should send home because again, they have nothing to offer.
  • Try not to merge anything that's not a five star.
If you unlock a unit's potential to give them more stars, all merges are lost. And merges can actually affect a unit's performance a lot once you have a good amount of them on a unit. So... yeah... don't merge if they're not at the highest star count.

EDIT: With that said, Moydow's post about some 4 stars being worth merging is worth looking into.
  • Level up and play more your main four units.
Sometimes, you might need more than those four units to advance. Arena Assault, Chain Challenges and Tempest Trials come to mind when I say that. If you have more units as backup for one reason or another, it could help you a lot in some situations.
  • Never hope to get a good unit.
This might sound stupid, but considering the evergrowing roster and the gacha nature of the name, the chances of you getting a specific unit aren't exactly high. Instead, go in with the thought of getting some stuff worth giving to your other units. That can make it much less frustrating to not get the unit you want.
  • Don't pay too much attention on your IVs (or natures, as you call them).
They only really matter on the highest levels of play and anything lower makes it so that most IVs ultimately don't change things that much. Though with that said, still take the time to look up what IVs you got because that can give you a good idea of what you should focus on for your units.

The only thing you should really care about for IVs is if they interfer with the unit's purpose. For example, a -Atk Reinhardt isn't really worth your time since it really hurts his "player phase glass cannon" purpose. Though some cases can actually change a purpose too. For example, my Zelgius is -Spd, which really hurts his "fast armor" purpose, but on the other hand, he's +Def, which makes him a fantastic physical wall.
  • Finally, don't hesitate to ask us for advice on what to do.
A bunch of us are actually pretty knowledgable and could give you some really great ideas on what to do with a unit that you might have never came up with yourself. So asking us for tips is never a bad idea. Especially if you're unsure on how to apply any of the tips I previously mentionned.

Heck, you've probably seen me to it a few times as well. This is because, even though we do have some knowledge of the game, none of us are truly perfect and we all need a little bit of help sometimes. (Except Moydow, apparently, because he makes some really awesome **** without any tips from us)

And if different ideas are told by different people, think about which one would be the most useful for your team.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So when are Marx, Gooey and Rick/Kine/Coo coming to Star Allies?

Also the Awakening DLC for FEW?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But you said to never send units home. What the **** am I gonna do with 162 Bartres? I need space in my barracks too
I don't know about the other 151, but I took 11 of them and made him into basically infantry Cherche:
I'm also considering an alternative build with a +Def Slaying Axe and Steady Stance/Breath. So kind of like green Lukas, almost. 43~45 Def is still pretty good, and that Ignis would sting pretty bad too. :p

Also, as you can see, this is a 4* +10; it's not always a bad idea to merge 4* units, though I'd say only do so as long as you can't summon them at 5*, and they don't have any useful skills at 5*. So units like Bartre, Cherche, or Olivia are pretty ideal for merging at 4*.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know about the other 151, but I took 11 of them and made him into basically infantry Cherche:

I'm also considering an alternative build with a +Def Slaying Axe and Steady Stance/Breath. So kind of like green Lukas, almost. 45 Def is still pretty good, and that Ignis would sting pretty bad too. :p

Also, as you can see, this is a 4* +10; it's not always a bad idea to merge 4* units, though I'd say only do so as long as you can't summon them at 5*, and they don't have any useful skills at 5*. So units like Bartre, Cherche, or Olivia are pretty ideal for merging at 4*.
This is the definition of Chaotic Good what the hell

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You're just proving my point of you making some awesome **** on your own again, dammit! :laugh:

Also, this is a 4* +10; it's not always a bad idea to merge 4* units, though I'd say only do so as long as you can't summon them at 5*, and they don't have any useful skills at 5*. So units like Bartre, Cherche, or Olivia are pretty ideal for merging at 4*.
That's... fair enough, actually.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Galacta Knight, Madeline and Magalor please.
Galacta Knight would be an interesting choice if they made his moveset diverse from Meta Knight, Magolor is a given at this point, and Madeline.... wait, there's no Kirby characters named Madeline. :p

I assume you mean Adeleine, the one and only artist girl from Kirby 64? I want her quite a lot; she's basically my number 1 pick for a Dream Friend.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They'll be here on March 28th. And the good news is that after these guys are released, more Dream Friends will be on the way! :b:
I don't know too much about Star Allies, buy I really hope Adeleine makes an appearance. She's been gone for too long. Her and Magalor would be really cool.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Galacta Knight would be an interesting choice if they made his moveset diverse from Meta Knight, Magolor is a given at this point, and Madeline.... wait, there's no Kirby characters named Madeline. :p

I assume you mean Adeleine, the one and only artist girl from Kirby 64? I want her quite a lot; she's basically my number 1 pick for a Dream Friend.
Yeah I knew her name was something like what I put so I just put that since I figured you’d get who I meant

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/172263852264

Nintendo has filed for nine new trademarks for "downloadable video game programs", of which include:
  • Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario & Luigi
  • Metroid Prime
  • Octo (Splatoon's expansion)
  • Super Smash Bros
  • WarioWare
But maybe of more interest:
  • Metroid
  • Wario Land
Hmm...
DZG9qAJVQAAZuC9.jpg