• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mairo Maker 2 looks amazing, I will preorder it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Play Walking Dead instead...the game series that makes everyone who plays it a *****
I would, but the problem is that if I want the complete experience, I'd need to play it through two different services, since I didn't get the final season while it was on Steam. (that, and I haven't played season 3 yet - I've played seasons 1 and 2, though)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would, but the problem is that if I want the complete experience, I'd need to play it through two different services, since I didn't get the final season while it was on Steam. (that, and I haven't played season 3 yet - I've played seasons 1 and 2, though)
Don’t worry about New Frontier. Outside of Clementine’s very important life, it’s practically filler due to the game not being fully about Clem

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, my dudes...it's time to continue my top 100 favorite fictional character ranking of all time!!

Ranks 45-41 will be completed tonight. Will save the top 40 for once the long weekend comes.
45- Leia Organa (Star Wars)

1558661673239.png

What a wonderful character this is. I have been a Star Wars nerd for a while, and she's most certainly a character that has grown on me the more I watch the original trilogy. Growing up I had two franchises that defined my childhood: Super Mario, and Star Wars. Due to Peach's infamy of being kidnapped and being generally useless in the games, when I first watched Star Wars I expected Leia to be this damsel in distress in each movie to one extent or another that Luke and Han would have to save...thank God I was wrong.

Leia is one of the coolest female characters to ever live. She's someone that is very intelligent, being someone who straight-up planned her own escape and rescue from Vader's clutches along with being a key strategist in taking out the Death Star. Not only that, but she is the one to save Han Solo during Return of the Jedi, and THEN is able to use her wits to escape the clutches of evil yet again. No matter what happens, Leia always lands on her feet and is able to think her way out of tight jams, while also having incredible tenacity throughout each ordeal. She's like a cat...she always lands on her feet, and will stop at nothing to defend her friends and allies.

Oh, and her Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ, which is mine as well. So, there's a kindred spirit vibe going on there as well.

44- Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump)

1558662294227.png

This guy...one of the greatest story-tellers to ever live, Forrest is a guy who's not the sharpest tool in the shed, self-proclaimed. In all seriousness, he does struggle with being mentally handicapped. Despite this obstacle, he still manages to be a very kind person who accomplishes much in his life. He ends up marrying the girl of his dreams even with the uncertainty of the situation at first. He becomes a world-renowned runner and a war hero to boot. And yet...Forrest has such incredible modesty. Despite all of what he has accomplished in his life, the fame never gets to his head. He is a guy who just does his thing and takes in everything life has to offer...both good and bad.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get." He lived by that motto, and even during the bad times he still appreciated life and all it had to offer. Forrest has to be one of the most likable characters cinema has ever seen, and based on him alone Forrest Gump is worth the re-watch.

43- Don Draper (Mad Men)

1558662509714.png

While Mad Men is an incredibly written story, it does take a while to warm up to it due to the slow plot pacing. Thankfully, Don Draper makes the slow burn easier to bear.

On any show, the main character is critical. He or she is the one that a good chunk of the audience is supposed to identify with, or at least respect considering how the main character gets the most air time of anyone in the cast. And, I can thankfully say that Don is one of my favorite main characters in movies or television. He's a cunning advertising man who ends up forming his own company later in the series. He's very brilliant, and he loves his family...but in doing all he can to make money for his family, he can take them for granted. His parenting skills are weak, he sleeps around with other women, and doesn't understand the ramifications of his actions in early seasons. He DOES start to get better with this starting with season 4, and finally turns over a new leaf and is able to become a better person for real in the series finale. However, he had a lot of growing pain to go through during the duration of Mad Men.

But what makes me love him as a main character is that he strikes this excellent balance of being brilliant, relatable, and likable...while still having a lot of flaws. He's one of the most human characters in a tv show that I've seen in a while, and that what's makes his character so incredible. He has a ton of key flaws, but that's what makes us human. Even with his grave mistakes, he does his best to pick himself back up and be a better person. And, by the end of the show...while it takes a while for him, he does take responsibility and become a better person. He's tenacious, like humans can certainly be. He's interesting to watch, and that can't be denied.

42- Samwise "Sam" Gamgee (Lord of the Rings)

1558663034959.png

I love Gandalf, but Sam is the best character in LOTR. Underrated as well. Why? Because while Frodo is the one to carry the ring, Sam has this incredible journey as a character that Frodo lacked. Also, Sam deserves more credit for keeping Frodo in check.

The journey for destroying the one ring to rule them all begins with Sam being a bit paranoid and having a "scaredy-cat" persona. He's not known for being brave is kinda pushed by the wayside for much of the films. However, during his travels with Frodo he saves Frodo's hide many times. Sam protected Frodo from Gollum. Sam made sure that Frodo would survive the spiders in Return of the King. And without Sam and being so freakishly loyal to Frodo during their entire journey, would Frodo have kept his sanity all the way to the fire pit? In my full, unabridged opinion...HECK NO! Frodo was weaksauce half the time, and if Sam wasn't there to be that accountability source and bring Frodo back to reality whenever necessary, Frodo wouldn't have made it as far as he did. But, Sam was always there...being that shield for Frodo and protecting his best friend at all costs, to save not only Frodo but also the entirety of Middle Earth.

Without Sam, Middle Earth wouldn't have been saved. The ring would've never even gotten close to the mountain, and I believe that whole-heartedly because Frodo wasn't strong enough to do it on his own, even with his "pure heart". Yes, Aragorn and Gandalf and Legolas and Gimli and others were key in the journey to the end...but Sam was the most important of them all. He had to be next to Frodo's side and keep a constant eye on him the entire way, and Sam did a darn fine job of doing that. We need more loyal, strong friends like Samwise Gamgee...who is, in my humble opinion...the true main hero of LOTR. Not Frodo, not Gandalf, not Legolas...Samwise Gamgee.

41- Peggy Olson (Mad Men)

1558663458915.png

Peggy in season 1: Mild-mannered secretary who lacks a spine of any sort
Peggy in final season: A total BA who is one of the most brilliant characters on the show

Peggy's transformation on Mad Men is flippin' awesome. She starts out as a character who reminded me of Pam from The Office....kind, quiet, and considerate. She kept her head down and minded her own business, while also just taking any trouble thrown at her and never really standing up for herself. But then, when dealing with heckling from the chauvenists in her workplace for far too long, she becomes a new person and morphs into this incredibly strong, intelligent woman who works her way up in the company ladder until she becomes Don Draper's most important co-worker and a critical asset to the team at Sterling-Cooper, and eventually Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Pryce, and even after that her own gig. She ends up becoming quite incredible at the advertising business in her own right. She learns how to be a strong leader. She learns how to say "no" and fight back when necessary. And, she becomes incredibly strong as a whole, whether she has to deal with workplace politics or family drama.

Peggy has incredible growth because 1.) she turns into a more matured person and the best version of herself, and 2.) she feels very real because of her natural yet awesome growth. I've already said with Don that he is someone with very natural growth and he feels "human", and the same goes with Peggy and basically the entire cast of Mad Men. There are some awesome, realistic, relatable characters on that show...and Peggy stands as one of the best.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright, my dudes...it's time to continue my top 100 favorite fictional character ranking of all time!!

Ranks 45-41 will be completed tonight. Will save the top 40 for once the long weekend comes.
45- Leia Organa (Star Wars)

View attachment 224092

What a wonderful character this is. I have been a Star Wars nerd for a while, and she's most certainly a character that has grown on me the more I watch the original trilogy. Growing up I had two franchises that defined my childhood: Super Mario, and Star Wars. Due to Peach's infamy of being kidnapped and being generally useless in the games, when I first watched Star Wars I expected Leia to be this damsel in distress in each movie to one extent or another that Luke and Han would have to save...thank God I was wrong.

Leia is one of the coolest female characters to ever live. She's someone that is very intelligent, being someone who straight-up planned her own escape and rescue from Vader's clutches along with being a key strategist in taking out the Death Star. Not only that, but she is the one to save Han Solo during Return of the Jedi, and THEN is able to use her wits to escape the clutches of evil yet again. No matter what happens, Leia always lands on her feet and is able to think her way out of tight jams, while also having incredible tenacity throughout each ordeal. She's like a cat...she always lands on her feet, and will stop at nothing to defend her friends and allies.

Oh, and her Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ, which is mine as well. So, there's a kindred spirit vibe going on there as well.

44- Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump)

View attachment 224095

This guy...one of the greatest story-tellers to ever live, Forrest is a guy who's not the sharpest tool in the shed, self-proclaimed. In all seriousness, he does struggle with being mentally handicapped. Despite this obstacle, he still manages to be a very kind person who accomplishes much in his life. He ends up marrying the girl of his dreams even with the uncertainty of the situation at first. He becomes a world-renowned runner and a war hero to boot. And yet...Forrest has such incredible modesty. Despite all of what he has accomplished in his life, the fame never gets to his head. He is a guy who just does his thing and takes in everything life has to offer...both good and bad.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get." He lived by that motto, and even during the bad times he still appreciated life and all it had to offer. Forrest has to be one of the most likable characters cinema has ever seen, and based on him alone Forrest Gump is worth the re-watch.

43- Don Draper (Mad Men)

View attachment 224097

While Mad Men is an incredibly written story, it does take a while to warm up to it due to the slow plot pacing. Thankfully, Don Draper makes the slow burn easier to bear.

On any show, the main character is critical. He or she is the one that a good chunk of the audience is supposed to identify with, or at least respect considering how the main character gets the most air time of anyone in the cast. And, I can thankfully say that Don is one of my favorite main characters in movies or television. He's a cunning advertising man who ends up forming his own company later in the series. He's very brilliant, and he loves his family...but in doing all he can to make money for his family, he can take them for granted. His parenting skills are weak, he sleeps around with other women, and doesn't understand the ramifications of his actions in early seasons. He DOES start to get better with this starting with season 4, and finally turns over a new leaf and is able to become a better person for real in the series finale. However, he had a lot of growing pain to go through during the duration of Mad Men.

But what makes me love him as a main character is that he strikes this excellent balance of being brilliant, relatable, and likable...while still having a lot of flaws. He's one of the most human characters in a tv show that I've seen in a while, and that what's makes his character so incredible. He has a ton of key flaws, but that's what makes us human. Even with his grave mistakes, he does his best to pick himself back up and be a better person. And, by the end of the show...while it takes a while for him, he does take responsibility and become a better person. He's tenacious, like humans can certainly be. He's interesting to watch, and that can't be denied.

42- Samwise "Sam" Gamgee (Lord of the Rings)

View attachment 224099

I love Gandalf, but Sam is the best character in LOTR. Underrated as well. Why? Because while Frodo is the one to carry the ring, Sam has this incredible journey as a character that Frodo lacked. Also, Sam deserves more credit for keeping Frodo in check.

The journey for destroying the one ring to rule them all begins with Sam being a bit paranoid and having a "scaredy-cat" persona. He's not known for being brave is kinda pushed by the wayside for much of the films. However, during his travels with Frodo he saves Frodo's hide many times. Sam protected Frodo from Gollum. Sam made sure that Frodo would survive the spiders in Return of the King. And without Sam and being so freakishly loyal to Frodo during their entire journey, would Frodo have kept his sanity all the way to the fire pit? In my full, unabridged opinion...HECK NO! Frodo was weaksauce half the time, and if Sam wasn't there to be that accountability source and bring Frodo back to reality whenever necessary, Frodo wouldn't have made it as far as he did. But, Sam was always there...being that shield for Frodo and protecting his best friend at all costs, to save not only Frodo but also the entirety of Middle Earth.

Without Sam, Middle Earth wouldn't have been saved. The ring would've never even gotten close to the mountain, and I believe that whole-heartedly because Frodo wasn't strong enough to do it on his own, even with his "pure heart". Yes, Aragorn and Gandalf and Legolas and Gimli and others were key in the journey to the end...but Sam was the most important of them all. He had to be next to Frodo's side and keep a constant eye on him the entire way, and Sam did a darn fine job of doing that. We need more loyal, strong friends like Samwise Gamgee...who is, in my humble opinion...the true main hero of LOTR. Not Frodo, not Gandalf, not Legolas...Samwise Gamgee.

41- Peggy Olson (Mad Men)

View attachment 224102

Peggy in season 1: Mild-mannered secretary who lacks a spine of any sort
Peggy in final season: A total BA who is one of the most brilliant characters on the show

Peggy's transformation on Mad Men is flippin' awesome. She starts out as a character who reminded me of Pam from The Office....kind, quiet, and considerate. She kept her head down and minded her own business, while also just taking any trouble thrown at her and never really standing up for herself. But then, when dealing with heckling from the chauvenists in her workplace for far too long, she becomes a new person and morphs into this incredibly strong, intelligent woman who works her way up in the company ladder until she becomes Don Draper's most important co-worker and a critical asset to the team at Sterling-Cooper, and eventually Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Pryce, and even after that her own gig. She ends up becoming quite incredible at the advertising business in her own right. She learns how to be a strong leader. She learns how to say "no" and fight back when necessary. And, she becomes incredibly strong as a whole, whether she has to deal with workplace politics or family drama.

Peggy has incredible growth because 1.) she turns into a more matured person and the best version of herself, and 2.) she feels very real because of her natural yet awesome growth. I've already said with Don that he is someone with very natural growth and he feels "human", and the same goes with Peggy and basically the entire cast of Mad Men. There are some awesome, realistic, relatable characters on that show...and Peggy stands as one of the best.
My personal number 1 is gonna be FaygoShill of Smashboards Top 50 fame, who committed the ultimate sacrifice by making a joke post about a nonexistent brother played by someone who faked suicide and was warned for no good reason for it.

Thoughts, Hat n' Clogs?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My personal number 1 is gonna be FaygoShill of Smashboards Top 50 fame, who committed the ultimate sacrifice by making a joke post about a nonexistent brother played by someone who faked suicide and was warned for no good reason for it.

Thoughts, Hat n' Cogs?
I know about the controversy, but I'm not even a moderator on Ultimate Social so I don't know the full story. And, I'm trying to have fun with you guys and post the ranking project that I've been wanting to finish for months. And yet, I can't...because of course not.

So, stop putting me into a box. I'm not going to answer because I want to know more details about the controversy first and be as unbiased as possible, but even if I do that I know there's a chance that you will just have the sweeping accusation of "mod = bad, biased person".

So why even bother answering? No matter how kind and fair I act, it won't matter.

D

Deleted member

I know about the controversy, but I'm not even a moderator on Ultimate Social so I don't know the full story. And, I'm trying to have fun with you guys and post the ranking project that I've been wanting to finish for months. And yet, I can't...because of course not.

So, stop putting me into a box. I'm not going to answer because I want to know more details about the controversy first and be as unbiased as possible, but even if I do that I know there's a chance that you will just have the sweeping accusation of "mod = bad, biased person".

So why even bother answering? No matter how kind and fair I act, it won't matter.
I think the first step is to "read the room". All it comes off as is trying to change the subject and ignoring the issue when many users suffered(and are suffering) because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Thoughts, Hat n' Clogs?
So, this mod suddenly makes part of a top 100 list in an attempt to have some fun, probably unaware that some new posts have come up asking about an infraction and after they have post their crafted post, they get an absolute snark as hell post asking about said infraction about something that they were likely not responsible for since they mod different threads and the Ultimate Social mods were over here for a time being.

Good lord, the reason why the Social thread closed earlier was because of people directing their anger at other people that weren't the specific person and yet people are still being ***** to others who likely don't know any more than they do.
I think the first step is to "read the room". All it comes off as is trying to change the subject and ignoring the issue when many users suffered(and are suffering) because of it.
Like I said, they likely weren't aware of it cause they were typing all that stuff and didn't check to see if there were any new posts while they were typing. And it's not an uncommon thing to do, especially when this thread hardly moves at all when the Social board isn't locked.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Does it look like I'm trying to ignore the issue when I say I'm trying to commit more research and be unbiased? It better not be.

Either way, what does it matter? Nothing I do or say will change your mind about me or the mod staff. Nothing I can do to change that. That's up to your discretion completely.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, they likely weren't aware of it cause they were typing all that stuff and didn't check to see if there were any new posts while they were typing. And it's not an uncommon thing to do, especially when this thread hardly moves at all when the Social board isn't locked
Does it look like I'm trying to ignore the issue when I say I'm trying to commit more research and be unbiased? It better not be.

Either way, what does it matter? Nothing I do or say will change your mind about me or the mod staff. Nothing I can do to change that. That's up to your discretion completely.
All I'm saying is how it came off to Luigi the President, I never pretended to actually know your intentions. There's no need to get aggressive with me, Hat, and I don't know why you're acting like I have some personal vendetta against the staff. If you wanna know what happened, you can just message me because I followed the situation very closely.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
All I'm saying is how it came off to Luigi the President, I never pretended to actually know your intentions. There's no need to get aggressive with me, Hat, and I don't know why you're acting like I have some personal vendetta against the staff. If you wanna know what happened, you can just message me because I followed the situation very closely.
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed. There's a lot going on right now both on here and in my personal life so to be frank I'm just kinda...upset, I guess.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed. There's a lot going on right now both on here and in my personal life so to be frank I'm just kinda...upset, I guess.
Hey look bud; a lot of this is on me for kinda lashing out at you. There's been a very bad situation regarding site users today and seeing my friend get warned just kinda sent me over.

I appreciate you trying to keep the social thread well, social, but Shi managed to put into words how I felt. Hope you have a decent night regardless.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey look bud; a lot of this is on me for kinda lashing out at you. There's been a very bad situation regarding site users today and seeing my friend get warned just kinda sent me over.

I appreciate you trying to keep the social thread well, social, but Shi managed to put into words how I felt. Hope you have a decent night regardless.
Your response is noted.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't blame you. When people are frustrated or angry, assumptions are an easy lot to make. And you are certainly not the only one at fault here for assumptions, especially the blatant ones.

I can understand being frustrated at why something got an infraction for little reason, especially after a very recent incident, but it's no reason to release anger on people who likely don't know any better. It only makes everybody even more hurt and upset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lots of us are stressed right now and tbh, we do need to calm down. We can't let this person ruin us and our relations, that's what he would've wanted.
Learning about the lying was one thing but it all just escalated from there and it really hasn't stopped so it's even worse than if we found out about this stuff one piece at a time

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I actually prefer this social over Ultimate Social as its a bit slower paced. I can be gone for a while without the page number being a lot higher than before. Plus the convos are a lot more chill.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just noticed I don't have any short haired Skarlet skins yet.

On that note, I just went to the Krypt for the first time. I really like the presentation, but I've been stuck on the Shrine trying to get maskless Skarlet (and I guess Kitana) but no luck yet.

Want to get the remaining intros and win poses for her too, but especially the scythe one

Ivander

Smash Legend
For anyone who cares, see my latest post in Social.
Take all the time you need. You certainly deserve to be making your life better for you than have others taking it out on you for stuff you don't have control over.

Good lord, I went over there and it's just a disaster-level mess. And people really need to start working together again instead of taking their anger out on others, especially the ones who want to fix things, for this mess to be fixed.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, by the way, daily reminder that since Sony isn't participating at all for E3 this year, guess who took their timeslot for conference time?

Square Enix.

Tons of **** can go down now, and they really can't have a worse conference than last year. They got ****ing Final Fantasy VII Remake during this time, for crying out loud. If anyone wants to know when they start, is at June 10th, 6PM PST. If there's anything I can ask, it's this...

We're gonna see the full reveal for Tifa.

PLEASE, SQUARE. DO NOT **** THIS UP. JUST MAKE HER LIKE THIS AND WE ARE ****ING MONEY, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S EPISODIC OR NOMURA IS IN CHARGE, WE BE EATING GOOD TONIGHT.

Tifa has been.. just... gone from a lot of stuff that would normally include her in recent years.

Like Dissidia NT and Itadaki Street 30th Anniversary.

Makes one think.

And it's not things I like thinking about.

Ivander

Smash Legend
i think im staying in this thread. im prettu close to leaving this site next
If you feel like you need to move away from the site to relieve stress or feel better, by all means, go ahead. Better for you to help yourself relieve stress then force yourself to go through and stress yourself even more.

For some of us, it may be better to leave until E3 is around the corner. When E3 is around the corner, hopefully that's when everything or at least the major stuff will be cleared up and we can go back to being hyped and talk about potential cool reveals.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i think im staying in this thread. im prettu close to leaving this site next
I'll concur what Ivander said; I'm three hours late! He stole the words right from my mouth :laugh:

Yesterday was really tough for all of us, but my PMs are open if anyone wants to talk/vent about it. I definitely understand where everyone is coming from and why they are upset regarding the site, and I apologize I was not present when tensions rose last night. The staff is truly trying their hardest to solve everything; please keep in mind that your voices are being heard and that our first priority right now is making sure everyone feels okay.

Thank you all for being such great people :'^)

I'd feel bad completely ignoring the topic but I'm not sure how much I can say.... NZone already lost one mod let's not make it two!!!! LOL

As for why faygoshill got warned, multiple of their posts broke forum rules; so they didn't get warned specifically because of one post. Staff decided that even though this is such a.... unique situation (ba-dum-tss), rules should not be disregarded. Therefore in choosing to give out warnings we looked at multiple posts instead of each post individually. The latter would've been crazy.... "here's that triple order of infractions you asked for!" haha LOL

I can see how it looks from an outsider point of view, but this underwent a lot of consideration. The staff gotcho numbah~ :laugh:

I think that's all I can say on the matter... in fact that's all I know haha!! But once again if anyone wants to discuss anything, just slide on in!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If you feel like you need to move away from the site to relieve stress or feel better, by all means, go ahead. Better for you to help yourself relieve stress then force yourself to go through and stress yourself even more.

For some of us, it may be better to leave until E3 is around the corner. When E3 is around the corner, hopefully that's when everything or at least the major stuff will be cleared up and we can go back to being hyped and talk about potential cool reveals.
Yeah...I mean it's one thing to have to weather the usual "we're just getting 5 DLC characters, pack it up", "leakers aren't wrong" and "my character won't be in, I'm sure of it" arguments, but the board is basically turning into an earthquake, and the quieter threads will most likely be caught in the aftershocks of it.

There aren't many threads that are fun to post in right now due to overall pessimism, so the events of the last few days are the last thing we needed.

I'll probably just focus on games myself as the next couple weeks roll around. Plus I needed a good excuse to finally start watching Denziman, heh heh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom