• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyone want to play Smash Ultimate / Minecraft?
I could really use it right now.
I have not been this emotionally manipulated before.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyway, enough about that. Here's some screenshots I've taken from my PQ2 playthrough.

H6Y8BVw.png

LpOJFyj.png

YOoUZiO.png

hzyyhtN.png

kV5QfoG.png

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
So I need to make a statement about Brelooming. I don't want the conversation to be dominated by what he did, but I really need to say my piece.

Without going into too many details, I knew he was faking his TB. I talked with him virtually every day. He approached me immediately after joining the site-- and before-- and basically talked to me every day with a new bit of chaos. I've been around these types before: compulsive liars who feel that their real life is so mundane that they need to create a new, outlandish life to gain the attention they crave from others. In truth, I should have called him out on all of this sooner, but without any substantial proof, I thought it better to simply keep talking with him so he'd get the attention he wanted without spreading that need further.

However, by the time he "got TB", I realized that this was the wrong move. Turns out I wasn't the only one he was constantly talking to. I was approached via PM by a number of people concerned for him, people who had apparently also "been talking to him for a long time". He roped a number of the Social regulars into his group of people to lie to, to validate his made up life with care and affection. I was asked specifically about what we should do for him, and I wanted so badly to say then and there, "Guys, he's faking." There was so much circumstantial evidence but no proof, so I didn't.

On a site I moderated about seven-eight years ago, a regular user faked his own death. Said he got cancer and had a month to live, then died a week later only for his relatives to tell our community via his Skype. But the admin was suspicious and used his knowledge through the site to look up the dude's Facebook to find that he had never had cancer and was alive and well; he'd rejoined the site as a new member immediately before his "death" so he could watch the site mourn him. It was ****ed up, but when the admin in question brought these findings public, there was an enormous backlash from members who didn't believe him or thought he'd overstepped his bounds in looking up his personal information like that.

This was all in the back of my mind when Brelooming started talking about the possibility of death. I knew-- I ****ing knew-- he was saying all this to build the idea up in our heads that he'd die. But everyone here had such genuine, heartbroken emotions over it that I was afraid a similar thing would happen if I tried to call him out. This is why I haven't been present the past week. I've been stewing and livid, unsure of whom I should tell or what I should do when a regular user is faking his own death and pulling on all my friends' heartstrings in a morbid, ****ed up, unforgivable way. I guess I'd hoped he wouldn't go through with it. But then he did, and I just wanted to scream.

So thank you, ClaTheBae ClaTheBae @punished faygo @Pyra and anyone else who did the digging, because I felt too powerless to. I was worried digging would prompt backlash, and paint the mods as uncaring. I thought my only option was to watch his IP address and bring it to the admins if he came back on another account. But now that everyone knows, that pit in my stomach isn't as deep anymore. I still feel ****ty, and I'm sorry that I didn't have the conviction to do something before he took all of you through the wringer. I did a poor job as both a moderator and as a friend. But I'll try not to let the experience make me cold to other people who approach me for help.

I just... gah. ****. ****ing ****.
Yeah, I'm gonna be dead ass honest here for a moment. I legit thought that he was faking this a bit back because of some Discord DMs. This was around the time we all heard about the news and then the day after I was "talking with his brother".

If this was his bro, why would he have said "hug" like that if he knew how Discord coding works and talked in that same fashion from past DMs?

This was going through my head for quite sometime and I was seriously close to saying "hey, I got this weird feeling through DMs that he really isn't dead" but this was before ClaTheBae ClaTheBae broke the news, so I didn't want to come out as a real **** about it.

So uh, yeah. Pretty ****in' devastated after I wrote up that entire goddamn analysis of Mother 3's sixth chapter for the ******.

D

Deleted member

Nope, that was my initial reaction, too. That's why I didn't talk about it much.

I'm angry because he had nerve to made people I care about miserable about nothing.
Don't feel scared about how I am now Osby.

While my day started being bad, it has thankfully improved in general as time passed.

I do feel better, but I appreciate the care you have for many people here as myself.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I can't even type up a well-worded ****ing essay on how I feel cause I'm so damn pissed off right now, I may not have known him all too well personally but **** him for messing with my friends and backstabbing us just so he could have some damn attention I hope that ******* is happy now since he's getting attention right the **** now.

Is it good attention? **** no is it the kind of attention he deserves? **** yes he emotionally manipulated not only me, Shiny, Noipoi, Toaster, Hinata, But everyone on this godforsaken website, We all cared for him and he used that to betray us. **** him I hope that ******* is happy.

I am absolutely livid, I mourned for him I cried for him when I thought he died and not only me but everyone did and for what? For some attention that he could've gotten in a million different ways, I trusted him and I thought he was a good person but no, He's not and what he did was beyond Psychopathic/Sociopathic that dude is messed up, I hope he gets help. He needs it more than anyone on this site. I may not have seemed like a wreck but this hit me harder I never had to go through not only a friend of mine dying (Well, I did but I forgot how it felt) but also faking his death? That's on a whole 'nother level **** that ***** *** *******.

I and everyone else trusted him only for him to backstab and emotionally manipulate us, ****.
Anyways I gotta go.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
>People in 2019 with a reputation be like...
Digging_grave.gif

It was suppose to be a reference to the Oats meme. With the pigs.
Wait, was he not the progenitor of the oats gag to begin with?

>checks meme history

Ohhhh, ohhhhh... His ****posting channel was all just a Colbert Bump. I'm a fool who didn't do his homework.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh cool, WoolieVS is uploading more Wonderful101.

Again, I hope that game gets a Switch port. I really don't want to buy a whole console for a single game, don't have the capital for that at the moment.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nope, that was my initial reaction, too. That's why I didn't talk about it much.

I'm angry because he had nerve to made people I care about miserable about nothing.
Honestly, same here. That's actually why I took a brief leave, because I just couldn't add anything worthwhile to discuss during that period.

This is also why I was confused over the strong kneejerk reactions when it turned out to be fake. Like, I was more disappointed in his actions, but not full blown furious. I get it now though, he was close to some people here. I still am not a fan of such strong reactions, but I understand where they're coming from.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
7oMwq0S.png

Forgot to add this one.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
just heard the news. Thought it was a little weird that he asked the thread what TB was hours before he announced his diagnosis, but never suspected he was faking it. That's some grinch leak **** lol
now I feel dumb for not being able to piece it together lol

Is it bad that I find this almost kind of funny? He's already deleted his account so I don't have anything to be mad at.

D

Deleted member

Edit: You never saw that.
So, today is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
..it is bad if I mention I forgot this place existed?:lol:

Also, a french channel I cared about alot revealed that one guy, who was basically the boss of the channel, was revealed to be a HUGE ******** and pretty much ruined lots of peoples lives all by himself.

So, suffice to say, I have to hide the pain and keep smiling, because this month is just pure, actual, insanity.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At the end of the day he probably feels bad now. Judging by the little he did say about him faking his death, he felt horrible.
As he very much should.

"Horrible" is the bare minimum.

D

Deleted member

I really need to talk to someone about this. I'm ****ed up right now. How could this happen.

D

Deleted member

I have been thinking about getting a boyfriend.
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom