• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whoops, meant to post this here but posted in the wrong social thread.

ARMS.

I'm considering getting it, but wanted to hear some opinions on it from fellow users before dropping at least £40 on the damn thing.

I downloaded the demo and it's fun but the price tag seems a little high for what it is. It looks creative and cool but outside of being a party game is it worth it?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Man, watching Marco die on the big screen sure hurt. Props to his VA for really selling the scene! I also liked how there was a brief shot of Marco looking back at Reiner and Bertolt followed by a heartbeat effect while Marco left the two of them. Definitely a good way to set the suspense for the ambush Reiner and Bertolt did to him.

One interesting detail the anime adaption did during the flashback was slowing down and emphasizing Bertolt temporarily looking back at Marco just as the latter was about to be eaten by the Titan.

I take this as foreshadowing for the karma Bertolt will get towards the end of the season where his demise is much like what he and his fellow Warriors did to Marco: being left immobile as he is at a Pure Titan's mercy.

Feels good to finally see Zeke getting his name-drop in the anime, and man, his Dio voice is soooooooo good! I was also creeped out hearing the Cart Titan's voice in the anime. It sounded demonic, and I love it!

Bertolt's VA did a great job voicing his character, really showing how much Bertolt has changed compared to the last time we saw him. No longer is he a meek and timid guy who mostly follows orders but instead a person who is ready to take on his own initiative. The way he managed to get around Armin's attempt at rattling him again was good stuff, and the brief fight he had with Mikasa was also good. He didn't graduate from the top 5 in the army training school for nothing!

CGI Collosal Titan looked a bit jarring in some shots, but the one scene where he destroys some of the houses with one arm sweep that was still in CGI looked pretty good!

Great episode overall, and another solid adaption that even made the flashback in the beginning all the more dramatic!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, watching Marco die on the big screen sure hurt. Props to his VA for really selling the scene! I also liked how there was a brief shot of Marco looking back at Reiner and Bertolt followed by a heartbeat effect while Marco left the two of them. Definitely a good way to set the suspense for the ambush Reiner and Bertolt did to him.

One interesting detail the anime adaption did during the flashback was slowing down and emphasizing Bertolt temporarily looking back at Marco just as the latter was about to be eaten by the Titan.

I take this as foreshadowing for the karma Bertolt will get towards the end of the season where his demise is much like what he and his fellow Warriors did to Marco: being left immobile as he is at a Pure Titan's mercy.

Feels good to finally see Zeke getting his name-drop in the anime, and man, his Dio voice is soooooooo good! I was also creeped out hearing the Cart Titan's voice in the anime. It sounded demonic, and I love it!

Bertolt's VA did a great job voicing his character, really showing how much Bertolt has changed compared to the last time we saw him. No longer is he a meek and timid guy who mostly follows orders but instead a person who is ready to take on his own initiative. The way he managed to get around Armin's attempt at rattling him again was good stuff, and the brief fight he had with Mikasa was also good. He didn't graduate from the top 5 in the army training school for nothing!

CGI Collosal Titan looked a bit jarring in some shots, but the one scene where he destroys some of the houses with one arm sweep that was still in CGI looked pretty good!

Great episode overall, and another solid adaption that even made the flashback in the beginning all the more dramatic!
lol that still exists?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Yo, tag me when the
Serum Bowl happens
As I wanna see Armin eating a snack

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here’s the heroes of my Thunderhead comic. :p

Thunderhead: a high school student who when she sneaks out with her bestfriend ends up getting hit by lightning, she gets hospitalized but her friend dies. She has the ability to create clouds and can create and manipulate water.

Thunder Spirit: the soul of Thunderhead’s best friend that seperated from her body when she died. She fuses with Thunderhead giving her electric powers.

Hourglass: a woman of her early 20’s. She can control and manipulate sand but not create it. She can carries sand on her which she can use to slow down time around her.

Packrat: a man of his mid 30’s. He has no super powers. He is another chosen one. He was chosen to hold a backpack which can hold anything as long as it could feasibly fit in said backpack. He’s basically a blue collar Batman.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 5 got me injecting Makoto and Kawakami into my veins

Last edited:

Chrono.

I dont watch Game of Thrones but my twitter timeline is reaaaal salty about tonight's episode.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got done watching the fifth episode of Game of Thrones. Some thing went in the way I expected, some didn't, and I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the only thing I want out of e3 is more games I actually want to buy because I only own like 3 physical copies plus minecraft

Potato_

Smash Lord
On that note.

GT Goku is way more fun than I expected.
The Kamehameha movement is so much fun, and the power pole range is actually pretty useful at times. Really liking him.

Now if only I could stop playing MK to learn him more.

On a completely unrelated note, basketball is crazy, Kawhi Leonard is a god, and I think my neighbors might hate me for how hard I cheered at that game winner.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Kamehameha movement is so much fun, and the power pole range is actually pretty useful at times. Really liking him.

Now if only I could stop playing MK to learn him more.

On a completely unrelated note, basketball is crazy, Kawhi Leonard is a god, and I think my neighbors might hate me for how hard I cheered at that game winner.
That shot was hype af, it looked like this was going to OT.

Press F for Embiid, dude was broken after that.

Im also shocked that the Blazers took out Denver as Lillard was cold recently.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Whoops, meant to post this here but posted in the wrong social thread.

ARMS.

I'm considering getting it, but wanted to hear some opinions on it from fellow users before dropping at least £40 on the damn thing.

I downloaded the demo and it's fun but the price tag seems a little high for what it is. It looks creative and cool but outside of being a party game is it worth it?
Honestly I found ARMS fun! I feel like even after the updates it's still missing some depth because a lot of the ARMS are the same (like, for example, there's a thunderbird and a fire bird, they have different elements so one can stun and one does more damage or something but the way they work is similar), same with the characters (there's no major difference between any of them because they can all use the same ARMS, it's just like small exclusive abilities like Ribbon Girl having an extra hop, just something to suit your playstyle), but it was still fun to play over time.

The updates did help to make the game fuller but I feel like it still isn't amazingly deep. But it's really fun to play in the online Lobbies, there's a mix of everything there (lobbies have minigames like hit the targets, 1v1's, and other modes like a 1v1v1 with a special item, 2v2, etc.), so there's definitely variety online, that's what made it really fun imo. It wasn't like Smash where you're just playing 1v1's all day, you know? Offline the game was really weak though since there wasn't like an "Adventure" mode or anything, it would've been nice to have some kind of campaign aside from the usual Arcade/Classic mode.

I played it for 60 hours 100% solo so maybe it would've been more fun as a party game, like if I played with a friend (you can play with friends online in lobbies I think!!) but I found it enjoyable nonetheless. I'm not sure if they still have ongoing Party Crashes (kind of like Splatfests), the content updates are over though, so if it was me I might wait to see if I could get it on a discount if there's any other games you're interested in right now. If you've been looking at it, and if you really liked the demo, then if you could snag it for a bit cheaper I'd say go for it. But with E3 coming up and games like Mario Maker, Three Houses, etc., I'd definitely try for a lower price or just wait for ARMS 2. ARMS was fun and provided a unique twist (no pun intended!! Since their arms are all twisted! LOL) on fighting games but I wouldn't say you're missing out on anything huge if you don't get it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you keep looking for more angles of Kawhi Leonard's Buzzer Beater just to find videos of Embiid crying and get The Big Sad too
20190512_194538.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have made 3 (soon to be 4) different save files for Persona 5 so I can be with all the best girls (and Haru)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lmao it's easier if you just do new game plus.
True...but I’m an impatient ****er who wants all the love quickly. I’ve done this kind of thing with many games in the past anyways (especially MUA2 cause Civil War)...and speaking of MUA...
Game Informer did a preview of MUA3. So enjoy the footage and talk about the game.
This video depresses me strictly due to the loss of genocide by throwing people off of high places /s

Chrono.

Should I pick Pokkén Tournament DX or Team Sonic Racing?
Depends on what you're looking for.

Pokken is all fighting, all the time. Theres not really a lot of actual content to go through. But if you enjoy the core fighting, you're good.

TSR harder to say because it's not out. But it does look like its gonna have a good amount of meat on its bones with the extensive car customization and single player story mode.

I'd say wait and see what Sonic is looking like after it comes out.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
lol that still exists?
Unfortunately.

I think the manga ends this year.
Yep, the Attack on Titan manga is currently on the final arc of the story, as confirmed by Isayama a few months back.

The second half of Season 3 that is airing right now is:

The battle to reclaim Wall Maria arc, taking place in Shinganshina.

The long-awaited basement reveal is set to happen in the anime sometime next month.

Yo, tag me when the
Serum Bowl happens
As I wanna see Armin eating a snack
Serum Bowl is probably going to happen in the anime at the beginning of June, but I'll tag you for it when the specific time comes.

Next week's episode is going to be Beast Titan's "Perfect game."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's one hell of a contrast to what you usually say about him: ;p
That last comment was me calling him a word that rhymes with “jigga”...so there’s no contrast with Morgana

Potato_

Smash Lord
That shot was hype af, it looked like this was going to OT.

Press F for Embiid, dude was broken after that.

Im also shocked that the Blazers took out Denver as Lillard was cold recently.
Blazers series was hype as hell too, CJ came up huge and really proved a lot of doubters wrong. I'm interested to see how they do against a KD-less Warriors.

I'm not the biggest fan of Embiid but some of those clips of him at the end were hard to watch. It's understandable with the difficulties he was dealing with, to make it so damn close only for it to be all ripped away at the last second must be crushing.

Isn't it close to the time CoroCoro leaks?
More importantly, V-Jump leaks.
E3 in less than a month too. There's gonna be a lot of info in a real short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom