• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Sonic movie just keeps getting worse.

Sonic comes to earth as a baby and grows up at the beginning of the movie.
The chain of copying is complete.

Superman > Goku > Sonic.

It was inevitable.

D

Deleted member

Can most people just not do that rumbling thing with their ears to unclog them on airplanes? Has my whole life been a lie(yet again)?
e3efae07-650a-4512-8695-f4152c3975c4.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Can most people just not do that rumbling thing with their ears to unclog them on airplanes? Has my whole life been a lie(yet again)?
View attachment 197685
Some of us are fragile beings of sugar glass, it ain't enough.

Considering the precedent humanity has set I'm sure other people straight up can't figure out the trick instead of just being condemned to meekly crumple in the face of air pressure drops, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 197689

I'm sorry I don't think I follow.

What is this rumbling thing you speak of?
Like, when you move the inside of your ears and you hear a rumbling sound. It's useful for adapting to an ambient's pressure and I've done that on airplanes ever since I was a kid.
Like, if you swallow, you should be able to hear something similar and it's why gums are useful for the same purpose.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Like, when you move the inside of your ears and you hear a rumbling sound. It's useful for adapting to an ambient's pressure and I've done that on airplanes ever since I was a kid.
Like, if you swallow, you should be able to hear something similar and it's why gums are useful for the same purpose.
Still don't fully follow? But I'm reasonably certain it's some kind of terminology mismatch and I at least think I kind of understand. For my part I always shifted my jaw or used gum for air pressure differences.

With the initial comment though, are you baffled that it may not be necessary or are you somehow wanting people to stop for some reason?

D

Deleted member

Still don't fully follow? But I'm reasonably certain it's some kind of terminology mismatch and I at least think I kind of understand. For my part I always shifted my jaw or used gum for air pressure differences.

With the initial comment though, are you baffled that it may not be necessary or are you somehow wanting people to stop for some reason?
No, I mean I didn't know others couldn't do it at will. Because I can do that without moving anything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 197685
I came to the realization that this wasn't a thing most people could do about a year ago lol. Ear rumblers are actually a very small minority with superpowers.

Looking back on it, I remember when I was five or so I was playing charades with my mom and I was trying to act like a cat and started ear-rumbling to simulate purring thinking they could hear it. Turns out not only could they not hear it, but they had no idea what I was doing lol. Granted I was five and stupid. :p

Chrono.

Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch will be playable on PAX East.

Finally we're gonna get a look at the game. Pretty worried about it as they've been really quiet on it, almost suspiciously so.

That and I look at the disaster that is the Assassin's Creed III port and can't help but worry.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

So the Gudaguda rerun has just started in Fate/Grand Order!

I tried to pull for Okita with all 15 Summoning Tickets, 90 Saint Quartz, and another 30 whaled SQz, but I had no luck pulling her. The best I got was two golden spooks on my last of the 90 SQz by my second Emiya and my first Atalante. Best I pulled other than them were two of the event 5-star CEs and four copies the special 4-star CE.

I knew trying to pull on the Valentine's banner wasn't a good idea...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

So the Gudaguda rerun has just started in Fate/Grand Order!

I tried to pull for Okita with all 15 Summoning Tickets, 90 Saint Quartz, and another 30 whaled SQz, but I had no luck pulling her.

Just wanted a good excuse to post that.

That said, GudaGuda will definitely be the event to really farm and empty the shop. So many good materials. And most of all, PAGES!
https://i.redd.it/x6pqu33yg4l21.jpg

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Just wanted a good excuse to post that.

That said, GudaGuda will definitely be the event to really farm and empty the shop. So many good materials. And most of all, PAGES!
https://i.redd.it/x6pqu33yg4l21.jpg
What can I say? She's grown on me as a character over the past few months (not to mention her "DAISHOURI!" line is pretty cute)!

On the bright side, probably the most notable pull for me was my first Vessel of the Saint CE, which has been my most wanted CE for quite some time. It's arguably Summer Tamamo's best CE because it removes the stun debuff from her third skill and it also improves her NP gain even further, so now I finally have the perfect CE for her!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How long ya'll think it takes for someone to find the secret message in my post before this one?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can do the ear-rumbling thing, but I don't think I ever found it useful for unblocking them while flying. Maybe I just got screwed over with a weaker version of it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What the **** is ear rumbling
You know the noise of a really windy day by the ocean and you can hear the wind crashing into your ears?

Some people can recreate that on command in the space between their inner ear and upper jaw. Try to exaggerate a yawn and see if you can feel it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You know the noise of a really windy day by the ocean and you can hear the wind crashing into your ears?

Some people can recreate that on command in the space between their inner ear and upper jaw. Try to exaggerate a yawn and see if you can feel it.
That’s interesting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That’s interesting.
It's kind of hilarious because the people who can do it tend to think it's a completely normal human thing to do, while people who can't do it have no idea what the former are talking about.

Like, I only found out it was a thing only certain people could do like, a year ago lol. I'm happy I have a near-useless superpower though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom