• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
imagine you're holding the skull of your drawing all shakespeare style and start debating "to lewd or not to lewd" in your head
I pretty much do that.
Goddamn skull always tells me to go explicit :224:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I pretty much do that.
Goddamn skull always tells me to go explicit :224:
Put it in your closet. That's what a woman in the south west did when her prized skull began speaking to her.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
you may think "ew, cardboard vr headsets?!?!?!" but i actually own one for some air force ad thing they gave me a year ago

this one is easily higher quality tho
Fam I was both an early Google Cardboard and Nintendo Labo adopter. Cardboard's fine, I give no ****s.

What's really gonna be interesting is if the Switch can churn out 60 FPS at 90hz without setting the headset on fire.

Much could be said about the screen resolution and the screen door effect, but those just make things look ****ty. Hurts the immersion, but not the player. If people instead start straight up vomiting because the refresh rate gave them simulator sickness, then it'll be Virtual Boy all over again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It won't. Anyone who wants an open world of anything without explaining how it'd work is insane.
I'd still want a Flash game in a similar vein to the Spider-Man and Batman titles. One got cancelled though.

Having a game where you can just run up walls(like Spider-Man, but faster), water and outspeed traffic would be sick. Or vibrating through enemy attacks as your dodge, and you can stun enemies if you're ballsy enough to dodge into them with that power. Making small tornadoes to launch multiple enemies. And your typical "ORAORAORAORAORA", but with the Flash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Time to sleep and cry at the same damn time

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Didn't expect the new Dragon Ball Heroes episode to drop this soon.

lmao Baby Vegeta again

And they actually made Goku broken

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would like to ask something to the people who will watch Captain Marvel today:

After watching it, I would be interested on hearing your thoughts on the Skrulls.

Feel free to PM me the thoughts if you want to.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Congratulations! :D
Nice nice congrats to y'all @ThrowawayBoi.
****ing sweet, man, congrats to both.
Imma need you to ball the **** out to celebrate such a glorious occasion
Hey, congrats to the both of you.
Congratulations, I'm happy for the both of you!
Congratulations, you two beautiful nerds.
That is fantastic news! I’m so happy for the both of you!
Aw!

Look at us all bonding over and celebrating a newly wedded couple
View attachment 196670
My biggest congratulations to both of you! I hope your marriage goes fantastic! This is amazing news!
Thanks so much you guys.

D

Deleted member

**** you Shirou, I wanted Astolfo! Not this sorry excuse for a Ruler
Screenshot_20190307-092900.png

I ain't letting you near any Grails you ****twad
God, I should have just pulled for Arthur.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel like being able to capture the feeling of growth is important.
If the numbers stay small the whole time, then it feels like you've gone nowhere the whole time- if the numbers are big the whole time, it feels like any progress is meaningless.

It also depends on the game and the context, of course. Look at Paper Mario: You do virtually no damage at the beginning, but the first time you hit above a 10 feels very satisfying later on in the game. This is amplified by all the various bells and whistles they throw at you on screen (like the amount of stars on screen when you hit something being a visual indicator of the damage done). If, somehow, you were able to do 100 damage in a single hit, that would be too much of a jump no matter where you are in the game and it would feel absurd. (Of course, 100 damage combos are fair game).

It's a balancing act between the pacing, the player stats, the enemy stats, and the feel of the game in general.
If I was playing a JRPG, I would probably want a more extreme difference between starting stats and ending stats because the atmosphere of the game may lend towards fantastical visuals and a huge, satisfying numbers that you earned could fill the screen (or something to that effect).
The tone of the game is also important regarding stat numbers.
depression.jpg
"Depression.jpg"?

I think you mean "Scottish.jpg".
Eyyyyyyyy.

I called this **** ages ago.
Not gonna lie, Labo VR looks kind of like a View-Master.
Oh by the way Jayden and I are getting married so yeah
Congratulations.
I guess you could call your skull a bonerhead. :skull:
Ba-dum-tss.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let's make a ****posty over the top JRPG with power scaling that starts at the 1's and scales into the duodecillions
You can eventually get to Level ∞, and can just blink any enemy out of existence with the basic attack command.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You can eventually get to Level ∞, and can just blink any enemy out of existence with the basic attack command.
No joke, one of the main things on my list is an arcadey beat-em-up with rpg elements with the explicit purpose to give the player a power trip yet still feel like they can get more powerful so they keep playing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thoughts on the Skrulls?
Did you like the Skrulls?
The leader played by Ben Mendelsohn (FYI: The same actor who played as the antagonist of Ready Player One) was.... Funny. That's all I can say lol.

Movie in brief review:
I don't know man, the plot overall is pretty solid, but again Captain Marvel goes a huge step back when it comes to antagonist... since we still don't understand why Kreed Empire is that savage...

The appearance of the cat "Goose" just makes no sense, and they never explain why Goose is an alien cat... and why that cat help them.

The reason why Nick Furry lost his left eye was super ridiculous, it's all because of Goose lol. This also made the dialogue where Furry told Captain America he lost his eye because he trust somebody sounds a bit funny now.

Also get slightly disappointed on how Nick Furry can up with the name "Avengers" as well.

Captain Marvel also has the problem where we never see Carol Denvers overcome a huge hurdle, all I saw was she knows how to use her power up to 100% and beat all the Kreed fleets... similar with how Tony Stark was in Iron Man 2.

Phil Coulson is a Shield rookie in this movie, which doesn't really show why he is that good of being a main agent in Shield after Iron Man starts...

Overall, in my opinion, Captain Marvel is a MCU movie that plays it too safe and slightly overrated, it's not as bad as how people review bomb it, but for a MCU... it lacked plenty of good stuff.
Seems like Taiwan might love the MCU more than the US (or atleast barely behind)
You got that right lol. MCU is literally a cult following level of popular here. Sure MCU is a huge success globally but still.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
However, the only way to reach this level is by doing one hundred push-ups, one hundred sit-ups, one hundred squats, and running ten kilometers every single day! (also, it comes at the cost of all of your hair falling off)

KMDP

Smash Legend
However, the only way to reach this level is by doing one hundred push-ups, one hundred sit-ups, one hundred squats, and running ten kilometers every single day! (also, it comes at the cost of all of your hair falling off)
I mean, obviously.

That would be a great easter egg for a Persona type game (i.e. A game where you have free reign to do certain activities when you're not dungeon crawling).

D

Deleted member

The leader played by Ben Mendelsohn (FYI: The same actor who played as the antagonist of Ready Player One) was.... Funny. That's all I can say lol.

Movie in brief review:
I don't know man, the plot overall is pretty solid, but again Captain Marvel goes a huge step back when it comes to antagonist... since we still don't understand why Kreed Empire is that savage...

The appearance of the cat "Goose" just makes no sense, and they never explain why Goose is an alien cat... and why that cat help them.

The reason why Nick Furry lost his left eye was super ridiculous, it's all because of Goose lol. This also made the dialogue where Furry told Captain America he lost his eye because he trust somebody sounds a bit funny now.

Also get slightly disappointed on how Nick Furry can up with the name "Avengers" as well.

Captain Marvel also has the problem where we never see Carol Denvers overcome a huge hurdle, all I saw was she knows how to use her power up to 100% and beat all the Kreed fleets... similar with how Tony Stark was in Iron Man 2.

Phil Coulson is a Shield rookie in this movie, which doesn't really show why he is that good of being a main agent in Shield after Iron Man starts...

Overall, in my opinion, Captain Marvel is a MCU movie that plays it too safe and slightly overrated, it's not as bad as how people review bomb it, but for a MCU... it lacked plenty of good stuff.

You got that right lol. MCU is literally a cult following level of popular here. Sure MCU is a huge success globally but still.
Sounds neat.
I don’t mind wacky comic book movies, since there are many comics both from DC and Marvel that are so cheesy that I love them.
4DD3D392-CDF3-459D-8FCC-92687F8A4336.jpeg

Many comics I have read feature moments like this one, and they always give me a smile.
I love how they manage to be wacky and at the same time relatable and serious when needed.

As long as the Marvel and DC movies keep this balance, I will be fine.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish the US had an MCU cult just because of hw amazing you make it sound in Taiwan

D

Deleted member

I wish the US had an MCU cult just because of hw amazing you make it sound in Taiwan
People in Gran Canaria seem to be meh or indifferent about comic book movies.

I never saw anyone clapping after a Marvel or DC movie ended, not even in ITSV. (I do clap after some of them are over doh).

With any other movie however, they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People in Gran Canaria seem to be meh or indifferent about comic book movies.

I never saw anyone clapping after a Marvel or DC movie ended, not even in ITSV. (I do clap after some of them are over doh).

With any other movie however, they do.
That’s because they’re fools who aren’t cultured like us

Ivander

Smash Legend
**** you Shirou, I wanted Astolfo! Not this sorry excuse for a Ruler
View attachment 196721
I ain't letting you near any Grails you ****twad
God, I should have just pulled for Arthur.
As much as you dislike the guy, he's one you should definitely keep, if not for the fact that his Noble Phantasm can be way too useful. Currently, he's the only one who's Noble Phantasm removes buffs before the NP attack itself, meaning he's amazing against foes with Evade, Invincibility, Defense Buffs, Guts, etc. He'll also be getting a Strengthening for one of his skills that'll make his Buster attacks more powerful, which in turn makes him more useful for Offense.

So yeah, dislike the guy as much as you want, but he's one of the more useful Servants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom