• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
IS is taking away f2p orbs. We should definitely not allow that to happen. There’s 11 lost orbs with this months quests and that’s pretty big. They’ll continue to drop it again if they can get away with it. So go to customer support in heroes and let your voice be heard.
Haha, glad I got off that train, early.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
IS is taking away f2p orbs. We should definitely not allow that to happen. There’s 11 lost orbs with this months quests and that’s pretty big. They’ll continue to drop it again if they can get away with it. So go to customer support in heroes and let your voice be heard.
The backlash is definitely gonna reverse it. It helped with Ayragate, after all.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>I Do math and assume I'll have 1500sh orbs by summer for Tiki Bikini.
>IS: "Let us cause you a net loss of 50 Orbs"

Yakitori.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That’s a stupid business move to make

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So, just before bed here.

I could post something vaguely relevant.

cac66f5.jpg

Ooooor.

4369c82-2.gif

Let's go with that.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
It makes me so sad the Evolution trailer is being received poorly... it looks awesome!

Chrono.

It makes me so sad the Evolution trailer is being received poorly... it looks awesome!
The Pokemon look alright, the humans on the other hand...

IMG_20190301_185822.png

This doesn't look much better than, say, JUMP FORCE.

Chrono.

To be honest, after detective pikachu, this movie has become very irrelevant to me.
I frequently forget it exists.

I mean I'll probably check it out whenever but I can't say I ever cared for a remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Please tell me you are talking about Adult Tiki.
Breh, you know me.

What thing do you think I would +10?:

A

-Flying Dragon
-High BST
-Good set from the get go
-Anti meta weapon effectiveness
-Built in Steady Breath on her 16 Mt Prf
-High speed potential

Or

-Axe infantry
-Awfully oudated Gen 1 stats
-14 Mt weapon powercrept already multiple times
-Nice big breasts
-Mostly useless skillset
-Middling speed

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord

View attachment 195521

I mean, it's a pretty damn good replica. What else could they've done?

I guess the style just appeals to me, though I can understand where people are coming from when they say it's unnecessary. It's bringing on a bit of a nostalgic '90s feel for me which I love... I'm surprised that the majority have an aversion toward it.

This was actually the first I've heard of it, lol.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really liked the original Mewtwo Strikes Back (recently dad told me stories how much he hated taking me to watch it in theaters, lol) and I have interests in watching Evolution.

But yeah, it's definitely pailing in comparison to the quality and hype of Detective Pikachu.

Dan

Smash Lord
I have an odd love for CGI/Silicon Graphics/plastic models, which is why I probably love it: stuff like DKC, the FFVII cutscenes, when KH3 was running on Luminous and when NBA Live 10 had plastic player models for no reason (lol). I guess it's all the time I spent watching Rankin/Bass as a kid.

But yeah, it's definitely pailing in comparison to the quality and hype of Detective Pikachu.
I guess it is a bit antiquated in that way; would've seemed more at home in the '90s.

Dan

Smash Lord
My prediction is it's gonna be the next Mario/Rabbids where everyone is crying about how weird it is but they actually end up liking it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think is easy to see why this movie is getting **** on:

-Another remade story
-Trying to appeal to 90s nostalgia doesn't work with late 00s budget graphics
-Most are tired of Kanto and any Gen 1 related stuff
-This was the last chance of them to do a movie with Sun & Moon content; CGI would have worked better for the UBs instead.
-It is Mewtwo for the 3rd time (4th if you count the Mewtwo Returns episode, 5th if you count the prequel story, 6th if you include the Mastermind Mirage Special)
-Obviously overshadowed by Detective Pikachu
-Some 2D scenes will not look better in 3D unless they go nuts with the budget.
-If it is a 1:1 copy it will be criticized for being unoriginal, if they change something it will be criticized for changing the story.
-Strikes Back simply isn't that good tbh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think is easy to see why this movie is getting **** on:

-It is Mewtwo for the 3rd time (4th if you count the Mewtwo Returns episode, 5th if you count the prequel story, 6th if you include the Mastermind Mirage Special)

-Strikes Back simply isn't that good tbh
These two are objectively false reasons as to why it's getting ****.

People were HYPED to see Mewtwo show up again back in the Genesect movie, and the backlash for it is not because it's another Mewtwo movie, but because it wasn't THE Mewtwo they've known from Kanto and instead a new female one.
The fact that this is literally the old Mewtwo back in the spotlight would be seen as a GOOD thing.

And Strikes Back is seen positively, especially it's Counterattack counterpart.
But for THAT reason, there's going to be some shade. Why?
Because the dub is going to be more like Counterattack like how newer Pokémon films take after the Japanese ever since 4Kids lost the license rather than the Strikes Back we 90s kids grew up with.
So we'll get technically a better structured movie (Mewtwo is less of an outright "villain" and the whole "fighting is bad" message isn't forced down our throats), but none of the charm of the original dub.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

Breh, you know me.

What thing do you think I would +10?:

A

-Flying Dragon
-High BST
-Good set from the get go
-Anti meta weapon effectiveness
-Built in Steady Breath on her 16 Mt Prf
-High speed potential

Or

-Axe infantry
-Awfully oudated Gen 1 stats
-14 Mt weapon powercrept already multiple times
-Nice big breasts
-Mostly useless skillset
-Middling speed
Ooh, that makes sense.

Also I decided to play FEH and I got myself a BoY Lilina.
-HP +RES.
That is pretty good in my eyes.
I also have a lot to do. I mean a lot.

KMDP

Smash Legend

View attachment 195521

I actually like how the characters look.

Because they remind me of the original TOMY Figurine set.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing.
---------------------------------------
Oh, by the way, Mythra Mythra , did you see my PM last night?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
These two are objectively false reasons as to why it's getting ****.

People were HYPED to see Mewtwo show up again back in the Genesect movie, and the backlash for it is not because it's another Mewtwo movie, but because it wasn't THE Mewtwo they've known from Kanto and instead a new female one.
The fact that this is literally the old Mewtwo back in the spotlight would be seen as a GOOD thing.

And Strikes Back is seen positively, especially it's Counterattack counterpart.
But for THAT reason, there's going to be some shade. Why?
Because the dub is going to be more like Counterattack like how newer Pokémon films take after the Japanese ever since 4Kids lost the license rather than the Strikes Back we 90s kids grew up with.
So we'll get technically a better structured movie (Mewtwo is less of an outright "villain" and the whole "fighting is bad" message isn't forced down our throats), but none of the charm of the original dub.

People were hyped indeed... many years ago, almost 3 generations ago, when Unova was the main thing and elements from previous installments were rare and pretty much welcome (plus the fact that was just the 2nd appearance of a Mewtwo in a big movie will be 4th). Now many are tired of that, even if this is The Mewtwo we knew as kids, it still is the same story instead of something completely new, people wanted a follow up of this Mewtwo meeting Ash again then, and probably still want that, and even if it happened it would not have the same momentum simply because the overall tiredness of Gen 1 content. Add the fact this follows DP were a Mewtwo is set to appear, with a different approach, seen on a game, but never seen on a big screen.

Dub wise and storywise overall is an oddball; they can use Counterattack with a lit score and stuff or dumb down things to appeal to the new younger audience (they still need to get Ash stoned for sure tho). I want them to prove me wrong but going 3D is making me think they don't wanna go full raw with the story.

KMDP

Smash Legend
People were hyped indeed... many years ago, almost 3 generations ago, when Unova was the main thing and elements from previous installments were rare and pretty much welcome (plus the fact that was just the 2nd appearance of a Mewtwo in a big movie will be 4th). Now many are tired of that, even if this is The Mewtwo we knew as kids, it still is the same story instead of something completely new, people wanted a follow up of this Mewtwo meeting Ash again then, and probably still want that, and even if it happened it would not have the same momentum simply because the overall tiredness of Gen 1 content. Add the fact this follows DP were a Mewtwo is set to appear, with a different approach, seen on a game, but never seen on a big screen.

Dub wise and storywise overall is an oddball; they can use Counterattack with a lit score and stuff or dumb down things to appeal to the new younger audience (they still need to get Ash stoned for sure tho). I want them to prove me wrong but going 3D is making me think they don't wanna go full raw with the story.
If Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolved had been released in 2013 instead of Extremespeed Genesect it would have gone over way better.
"they still need to get Ash stoned for sure tho"
Out of context this sounds really bad. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom