• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

The MK11 roster seems to have fully leaked.

It's more than what the Steam leak had.

D0hep4TWsAAEL57.jpeg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Awesome, that’s the best outcome in my book. Now there’s actually room for the ninjas and new characters.

Also are those silhouettes guesses or what?

He’s definitely in. He was in the steam leak.
Yeah I see him in the picture now, far left. Assumed he was Kung Lao.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't play Mortal Kombat
But you guys say there's a cowboy in it

And dammit, I'm gonna be the rootinest tootinest fatality wrangler in the west

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Shang Tsung and Mileena are also unlockable characters apparently. Also saw something about Shinnok being in.

No Takeda, Kung Jin or Takeda atm sucks but everyone that isn't Sonya looks great so far so I don't mind as much.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So Lockstin Gnoggin made his first speculation video about Pokemon Sword and Shield based on the reveal trailer that's worth checking out:

He mainly talks about where else we can see the sports-like theme in the gameplay as well as what the story themes will probably be.

One of his most interesting points is what he says about the gym. The Pokeball-like symbol in front of the gym that can also been on the player character's soccer uniform during that one scene in the trailer also appears on the Japanese title logos for the games. Since this was like the Mega Evolution symbol and the Z-Crystal appearing on the past Japanese title logos, it means this new stadium-like feature is most likely going to be the main "battle gimmick" of this generation.

He mentions one possible idea how this stadium gimmick will play out: the cheering crowd. A crowd cheering "Defense" will raise the Pokemon's defense, while a crowd cheering "Offense" will raise the Pokemon's offense. These are the basic stuff, but it could also involve more cheers than just those. It's primarily supposed to replicate how a real-life sports game plays out where a massive crowd cheers for a certain team with the cheers trying to boost moral for the team they root for (hence the "Defense" example), and considering how sports seems to be a big theme of this game, it seems like a plausible idea. He adds that part of the main gimmick will involve not always choosing moves based on which is stronger, but also choosing moves that are flashy and can win the crowd to your side.

He then talks a lot about what the story theme of the game will be. He thinks it will probably be a "Nature vs Technology" theme because of how Galar has a big emphasis on some industrial-like areas with some scenic countryside areas. He even goes a step further to tie the sports theme into another possible theme of "Faith vs Science": religious faith played a huge role in British history, and perhaps faith could tie into the "nature" aspect of staying true to old ideas as well as uniting people together (ties into sports where people cheer on their team because they have faith their team will win). Science could mainly tie into "hard facts" and breaking away from faith in old ideas to push history, people, and Pokemon forward. It's a little complicated to explain further, but you'll get the idea when you watch the video.

What do you think of his idea of the main battle gimmick having to do with the crowd? Do you think it'd be an interesting feature?

Also, what do you think about his points on the possible themes of the story?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Lockstin Gnoggin made his first speculation about Pokemon Sword and Shield based on the reveal trailer that's worth checking out:

He mainly talks about where else we can see the sports-like theme in the gameplay as well as what the story themes will probably be.

One of his most interesting points is what he says about the gym. The Pokeball-like symbol in front of the gym that can also been on the player character's soccer uniform during that one scene in the trailer also appears on the Japanese title logos for the games. Since this was like the Mega Evolution symbol and the Z-Crystal appearing on the past Japanese title logos, it means this new stadium-like feature is most likely going to be the main "battle gimmick" of this generation.

He mentions one possible idea how this stadium gimmick will play out: the cheering crowd. A crowd cheering "Defense" will raise the Pokemon's defense, while a crowd cheering "Offense" will raise the Pokemon's offense. These are the basic stuff, but it could also involve more cheers than just those. It's primarily supposed to replicate how a real-life sports game plays out where a massive crowd cheers for a certain time with the cheers trying to boost moral for the team they root for (hence the "Defense" example), and considering how sports seems to be a big-theme of this game, it seems like a plausible idea. He adds that part of the main gimmick will involve not choosing moves always based on which is stronger, but also choosing moves that are flashy and can win the crowd to your side.

He then talks a lot about what the story theme of the game will be. He thinks it will probably be "Nature vs Technology" theme because of how Galar has a big emphasis on some industrial-like areas with some scenic countryside areas. He even goes a step further to tie the sports theme into another possible theme of faith vs science: religious faith played a huge role in British history, and perhaps faith could tie into the "nature" aspect of staying true to old ideas as well as uniting people together (ties into sports where people cheer on their team because they have faith their team will win). Science could mainly tie into "hard facts" and breaking away from faith in old ideas to push history, people, and Pokemon forward. It's a little complicated to explain further, but you'll get the idea when you watch the video.

What do you think of his idea of the main battle gimmick having to do with the crowd? Do you think it'd be an interesting feature?

Also, what do you think about his points on the possible themes of the story?
Watched that yesterday, actually, and I think it's a pretty solid theory, all things considered. I actually really like the stadium gimmick he speculated about.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Stadium gimmick where you can pretend to get hit by the opponent's pokemon and get the ref to come in and red card the opponent.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Stadium gimmick where you can pretend to get hit by the opponent's pokemon and get the ref to come in and red card the opponent.
real talk if we don't get a soccer ball /football as a pokemon i'm going to riot

D

Deleted member

More MK leaks here: https://m.imgur.com/a/s9pYIvS

I'm assuming their train of thought is "let's improve her rather than shelve her" while the more popular kids are prime for DLC cause they're already well liked.
Also have heard that Shinnok is in. And that Shang and Mileena are unlockable.

Shinnok supposedly being in makes me think that there still might be a few other characters still. Considering I thought that Shinnok was definitely not going to be in. Because, well, being vegetated. And also because he appeared in his MKX appearance alongside Reptile, Rain, and Cyrax as "klassic characters". Maybe those three still have a shot of being in. Especially Rain.

D

Deleted member

He adds that part of the main gimmick will involve not choosing moves always based on which is stronger, but also choosing moves that are flashy and can win the crowd to your side.
So basically, having Pokemon Contests be implemented into the main battles? That... actually sounds kinda fun. It's an already estabilished(albeit poorly) system that would really change how battles are played and a good change to gyms and the E4.
I just hope Totem Pokemon make a return in some form, they were something I've always wanted in Pokemon but knowing Gamefreak...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You forgot about rolling around like you've been shot

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We'll only get Neymar as a Pokemon when they come to Brazil

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

If this really is true, then MK11's roster is really good. And that's not even factoring DLC.

Pouring out one for Rain and Smoke fans. Maybe DLC will be kind to them.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Mileena, Shinnok and Shang are also apparently in.

I'll probably be playing Sub, Noob or Kitana, but I also want to try out Cassie and Erron.

I miss Smoke. And Takeda. Really hoping they make it in as dlc.

Also about the Gogeta EZA, I'm like halfway through and I know EXACTLY what you mean about the trial and error. My Movie Bosses situation is woeful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New pokemon look great. I think it's the first gen where I'm not sure which starter I'm taking, usually one jumps out as "the one". Sobble and Grookey are both interesting to me.

but who the hell chose the name Grookey seriously what the hell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom