• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Introducing...

A long awaited character...

from Fire Emblem...

with Green Hair...

which is tied in a ponytail...

whose name starts with L...

LYN!... hardt.
Lynhardt.

Combining the incredible powers of Lyn and Reinhardt.
I didn’t see the original comment but as soon as I saw your comment in a quote when scrolling back up I thought to myself: “Are we talking about Rebecca Sugar?”
The #1 fun fact about Rebecca Sugar.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This looks hella fun to mess around with.
1:26 is... what? Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Krillin and Piccolo in Business suits doing Ginyu Force poses. If that doesn't sell you on DBH I don't know what will.

It's always so weird seeing the Budokai 3/Infinite World artstyle in Dragon Ball Heroes.

D

Deleted member

Nobody else was going to do it, so sign-ups for the inaugural NintenZone Smash Ultimate tournament are now open!

I think the thread covers the most important details, but go there and complain if it doesn't.

Probably going to run it next Saturday (2nd March), but still working out times and stuff so I could use some input on that.
I find it funny this happened on the same day someone from the Discussion thread did one for there.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Forget Smash.

Tetris 99 is where it's at.
tournament cancelled, tune in shortly for the inaugural NZone Tetris 99 showdown

I find it funny this happened on the same day someone from the Discussion thread did one for there.
Same day as the what now

now I'm not sure if I should check that place more often or not

D

Deleted member

I know where Pyra Pyra is.

They are collecting data to deliver it to aliens in Uranus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm making some more progress in Persona 5. I reached the point where All-Out Attack was introduced, and given how ridiculously stylized that move is (and the fact that it's treated as an ultimate attack and a full team combo), I'm assuming that it's going to be Joker's final smash.

Enjoying it so far, though there are a lot of mechanics to keep track of. I'm glad that, after you find out an opponent's weakness, the game tells you what that enemy's weakness is if you have that option (and you can press R1 to automatically hit an enemy with their weakness if you have it). I wouldn't want to have to keep track of all of that information on my own!

I'm a little annoyed that the game says you can trigger All-Out Attack after you use a Hold-Up, but it never tells you how to use a Hold-Up. (unless I missed something; I assume it's just when all enemies are hit with their weaknesses and knocked down)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Title changed to mark the end of an era.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm a little annoyed that the game says you can trigger All-Out Attack after you use a Hold-Up, but it never tells you how to use a Hold-Up. (unless I missed something; I assume it's just when all enemies are hit with their weaknesses and knocked down)
I believe they do explain it.
Your assumption is correct. It's basically a little extension of what happened in P3 and P4.

(Which you should also totally play.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well hey. Good for him. Not many retire nowadays. He deserves it, man.

Good luck, Reggie.
That's how I see it. The man basically became a living legend and now he gets to retire in peace. Can't really ask for much better, you know?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I believe they do explain it.
Your assumption is correct. It's basically a little extension of what happened in P3 and P4.

(Which you should also totally play.)
Are they available on PS3? I saw that Persona 4 Arena was on the Playstation Store, but I'm pretty sure that's a fighting game spin-off made by Arc System Works, and I assume that the roster for that alone would contain major Persona 4 spoilers. (and probably some Persona 3 spoilers; I know characters from that are also in P4A)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Are they available on PS3? I saw that Persona 4 Arena was on the Playstation Store, but I'm pretty sure that's a fighting game spin-off made by Arc System Works, and I assume that the roster for that alone would contain major Persona 4 spoilers. (and probably some Persona 3 spoilers; I know characters from that are also in P4A)
I believe they're on the PSN retro store.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Sad to hear that Reggie is retiring. Truly the end of an era. I wish him the best with his retirement. I don't know much about his successor, Doug Bowser, though. Other than he has a sense of humor. (Look in the top left corner).

Wish Doug the best with his upcoming promotion to President of Nintendo of America. He's got some big shoes to fill, but I'm sure he'll fill in just fine.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*see title*

...Please tell me you forgot to put *sike!* in it...:crying:

No, really, I got the new on a other website, but dang, that was out of nowhere. I know he isn't dead or anything but wow, it just feel so...strange you know?

In any case, I hope the best for him, and I welcome our new lord Doug :ultbowser: to the party.

Thank you Reggie for everything.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sad to hear that Reggie is retiring. Truly the end of an era. I wish him the best with his retirement. I don't know much about his successor, Doug Bowser, though. Other than he has a sense of humor. (Look in the top left corner).

Wish Doug the best with his upcoming promotion to President of Nintendo of America. He's got some big shoes to fill, but I'm sure he'll fill in just fine.
Wow, I can't believe Mangs finally took over Nintendo.

Maybe he'll finally get Louise in Heroes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn surprised to see reggie step down, but he was a great guy to have host Nintendo stuff. I forgot Doug worked at Nintendo but he seems to have the potential to do well.

It’s going to be really interesting to see what they go with next.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sad to see Reggie go. Dude's been a big part of Nintendo for as long as I can remember and it's definitely weird to know him and Iwata aren't running things anymore.

But at the very least, he's leaving without any real issues, and I can't be too upset about that. Hopefully Bowser (lol) can fill his shoes.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I've gotta be honest... my body wasn't ready for this news today... at all.

The truth of the matter is that admittedly, it won't be the same without Reggie around especially for how great his humor was and how kind of a personality he had throughout the years. I do respect his decision to retire, especially since it will give him more time to be with his family and friends as he had stated. Either way, I'll miss the impact Reggie made as the NoA president and wish him all the best for the future. As for how I feel on Doug Bowser, I trust him to fulfill and continue what Reggie has done thus far going forward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've gotta be honest... my body wasn't ready for this news today.

It admittedly won't be the same without Reggie around especially for how great his humor was and how kind of a personality he had throughout the years. At the end of the day, I do respect his decision to retire, especially since it will give him more time to be with his family and friends as he had stated. Regardless, I'll miss the impact Reggie made as the NoA president and wish him all the best for the future.
I wish a great retirement to Reggie, I am sure he is going to have the life.
Reggie has been with me almost my whole life, he made a huge impact on me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm making some more progress in Persona 5. I reached the point where All-Out Attack was introduced, and given how ridiculously stylized that move is (and the fact that it's treated as an ultimate attack and a full team combo), I'm assuming that it's going to be Joker's final smash.

Enjoying it so far, though there are a lot of mechanics to keep track of. I'm glad that, after you find out an opponent's weakness, the game tells you what that enemy's weakness is if you have that option (and you can press R1 to automatically hit an enemy with their weakness if you have it). I wouldn't want to have to keep track of all of that information on my own!

You automatically do a hold up when you hit every enemy in the battle with their weakness.

D

Deleted member

This I did not hear of until now. I was still wondering how premium members like myself got "pranked" with that banner this morning (and I see the prank is no more).

Anyways, dropping by this afternoon to say how sad I am to see Reggie retire. I personally never knew who he was in all my years of gaming but truthfully this news came as a surprise to me. Let us all now bow our heads in prayer that his retirement be a wonderful one, and cheerfully welcome his successor Doug :ultbowser: with open arms. He certainly will not disappoint.

Sayonara :kirby:

D

Deleted member

I have always really liked Reggie.

For Doug Bowser, the "Bowser" jokes are going to increase. Doug Bowser seems promising.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just heard the news.

Man, it's sad hearing that Reggie is retiring from Nintendo. He's been involved with Nintendo for most of my life until now. His passion for the company was inspiring, and he really lead Nintendo of America well! It's his retirement though, and I respect his decision. It's the end of an era, but it's an era of Nintendo that I can honestly say was awesome!

Thanks again for everything you have done for Nintendo, Reggie! Keep being the Nintendo fan that you are! Thanks again for everything you have done for Nintendo fans like us all these years!

I welcome Doug Bowser as the new President, and from what I'm learning about him so far, I have faith he will continue Reggie's legacy!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just heard the news.

Man, it's sad hearing that Reggie is retiring from Nintendo. He's been involved with Nintendo for practically my entire life until now. His passion for the company was inspiring, and he really lead Nintendo of America well! It's his retirement though, and I respect his decision. It's the end of an era, but it's an era of Nintendo that I can honestly say was awesome!

Thanks again for everything you have done for Nintendo, Reggie! Keep being the Nintendo fan that you are! Thanks again for everything you have done for Nintendo fans like us all these years!
Same here, my friend. Reggie is a hero. He saved Nintendo and made us all happy.
I welcome Doug Bowser as the new President, and from what I'm learning about him so far, I have faith he will continue Reggie's legacy!
Hey, I really appreciate the positivity! I think Doug Bowser has a lot of potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom