• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Censorship gaming uploaded a very very short video on Smash Ultimate's censorship, and even mention Sakurai's comments on it which was awesome.
Before I go with my thought I need to put this foremost the following essays are just merely my own thoughts, that I'm not saying there's should be zero censorship on video games, there are censorships that are indeed necessary such as those that are related to religion, history, politics etc. But censorships like we see here and also in games back in Wii U days were just absurd in my opinion.

This video's title pretty much justify my "rant" or hot take that I personally think Smash Bros Ultimate shouldn't be E10+, or stick to a rating that's suitable for everyone.

And even a more further hot take,

I don't even think any fighting game should be rated E10, or to put it simple... I don't think fighting games is a game/genre that's for kids in general. Because in fighting games, what you do is well... fighting people, punching each other... thus fighting games has be notorious for being a scapegoat for school bullying, kid being aggressive etc. Nevertheless, I get that Nintendo doesn't want their main IP characters like Mario, Link, Kirby, Inkling and Pikachu etc in a T rated game, and they want Smash to be appeal to more people... but let's face it, when you have a fighting game that has characters that are more familiar to the ones like us who were born in the mid 90s, it doesn't make much sense to lower the rating again, i my opinion.

The video did mention about Mythra, and I have already give my thoughts about this but here's a total rundown and to the video:
I don't agree with the video saying that Mythra censored version got a lot of praise... initially... when it was first discover via leaks a lot were either bumbed or just not surprised... and have some call the censorship a cheap edit.

It wasn't until Monolithsoft put the outfit in as OPTIONAL in XC2 where it got a lot of praise, not only because it really looks good in the game, the outfits gives her a very very good Aux cores. Minor downgrade is just that some scenes don't make too much sense in that outfit lol. And because of this not sure why you have some say they want that outfit to be "cannon" lol.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on this, and Sakurai's comment? This shows that there's ZERO Japanese developers and designers that are ok with their designs changed or being censored, at least this is how I see, maybe there are but not many I think...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anyone else wonder why Once Upon a Deadpool exists? Like, a random, Christmas inspired, PG-13, intercut, rerelease, version of an R-Rated movie that came out just earlier this year seems super ****ing weird to me. I know the Disney buyout is right arou d the corner but I figured they were going to just let Deadpool be Deadpool till he stars in Avengers movies.
According to Ryan Reynolds for years fox wanted a pg13 Deadpool but he fought them out it saying it wouldn’t fit the character. Finally he gave in but said they needed to get Fred Savage and proceeds had To at least partially go to charity for cancer funds

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Back from my voyage. Time for an update...
Forgot to add :ulticeclimbers:who I got before making that post lol.

:ultness:
:ultzelda:
:ultbowser:
:ultsonic:
:ultpit:
:ultkrool:
:ultinkling:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultlucario:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultfalcon:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultmarth:
:ultyounglink:
:ultpacman:
:ultpeach:
:ultryu:
:ultike:
:ultsimon:

Damn i'm pretty slow lol.
:ultvillager:
:ultzss:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultisabelle:
:ultshulk:
:ultwario:
:ultlucina:
:ultridley:
:ultdaisy:

Actually got Villager before but forgot to add him.

Also **** the Rayman Spirit battle in WoL. That can go straight to hell.
I've been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho as that was how I was passing the time waiting for Ultimate
I've also been re-watching a lot of YYH stuff as well, clips on YT and whathave you. Also re-watched the Yusuke VS Sensui fight. I've developed a newfound appreciation for the Chapter Black arc in recent years which I thought was a massive trip when I first watched YYH.

Last edited:

Chrono.

lol Patch notes for Ultimate is just "adjusted various fighters."

They did mention them by name but come on now.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hey Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and any other Bravely Default fans. If in a small chance Agnés got in Smash as dlc what do you think would be her final smash?

Part of me would say the Susano-o summon, but I’d like other opinions.

D

Deleted member

Back in my day(as a kid) it took months to get all of the characters. : ^ )

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hey Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and any other Bravely Default fans. If in a small chance Agnés got in Smash as dlc what do you think would be her final smash?

Part of me would say the Susano-o summon, but I’d like other opinions.
Depends, what class whas she super good with? Id expect it to be that or maybe go the easy way and have it be something related to the cystals

D

Deleted member

This is so funny.

View attachment 182890

"We're sorry you couldn't git gud in a week"
Bless you for showing this. There was a bright side to me missing out on Ultimate at the moment: not experiencing rage from the unlock battles. I thank them for doing this; I never could of stood a chance against them had I purchased on launch day.

Sayonara :kirby:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Depends, what class whas she super good with? Id expect it to be that or maybe go the easy way and have it be something related to the cystals
I figure it would be the Susano-o cause it’s a big cinematic summon.

Also in a perfect world there’d be 2 Agnés, 2 Tiz, 2 Ringabel and 2 Edea alts for the character.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally unlocked everyone.

Now to wait for the DLC, finish Classic with all characters, and finally start on World of Light.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Curious question: what television shows have you all been watching lately, and who is your favorite on said show(s) and why?
Big City Greens is an underrated Disney cartoon I've been watching. All the characters are funny, but I'd say Tilly and Grandma are the funniest.

I've also started The Good Place. My favorite character would have to be Tahani.

Chrono.

So Asta from Black Clover is in JUMP FORCE.

That also makes Black Clover the youngest represented series in the game, currently.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just curious, what are your thoughts on this, and Sakurai's comment?
11e8zh.jpg

I have no idea what on earth you're on about.

They had the memetic jiggle sister give more shoulder than tit, threw some leggings and closed the blinds on another boob window (only to ironically highlight the fact that you can totally see her underwear through her skirt), and slightly pinched shut the side of a skirt on a character who's still not hiding anything in her stripper pole taunt.

Meanwhile Nintendo's casting as wide a net as they can with the rating and hauling in more sales for it.

I find the ratings choices largely arbitrary if such minor alterations change their minds but other than that not one single damn was given this day.

This is so funny.

View attachment 182890

"We're sorry you couldn't git gud in a week"
I mean, I've had a few rematches by now but I honestly don't think they were all that bad.

Course after comparing them to Hard WoL nothing looks bad. Maybe I'm skewed.

Isabelle, though. Pupper was surprisingly tricky; only one who got me twice.

lol Patch notes for Ultimate is just "adjusted various fighters."

They did mention them by name but come on now.
Shocking no one, they're keeping it secret.

Again.

Guess we're just gonna have to collectively hash it out in the lab.

Again.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Censorship gaming uploaded a very very short video on Smash Ultimate's censorship, and even mention Sakurai's comments on it which was awesome.
Before I go with my thought I need to put this foremost the following essays are just merely my own thoughts, that I'm not saying there's should be zero censorship on video games, there are censorships that are indeed necessary such as those that are related to religion, history, politics etc. But censorships like we see here and also in games back in Wii U days were just absurd in my opinion.

This video's title pretty much justify my "rant" or hot take that I personally think Smash Bros Ultimate shouldn't be E10+, or stick to a rating that's suitable for everyone.

And even a more further hot take,

I don't even think any fighting game should be rated E10, or to put it simple... I don't think fighting games is a game/genre that's for kids in general. Because in fighting games, what you do is well... fighting people, punching each other... thus fighting games has be notorious for being a scapegoat for school bullying, kid being aggressive etc. Nevertheless, I get that Nintendo doesn't want their main IP characters like Mario, Link, Kirby, Inkling and Pikachu etc in a T rated game, and they want Smash to be appeal to more people... but let's face it, when you have a fighting game that has characters that are more familiar to the ones like us who were born in the mid 90s, it doesn't make much sense to lower the rating again, i my opinion.

The video did mention about Mythra, and I have already give my thoughts about this but here's a total rundown and to the video:
I don't agree with the video saying that Mythra censored version got a lot of praise... initially... when it was first discover via leaks a lot were either bumbed or just not surprised... and have some call the censorship a cheap edit.

It wasn't until Monolithsoft put the outfit in as OPTIONAL in XC2 where it got a lot of praise, not only because it really looks good in the game, the outfits gives her a very very good Aux cores. Minor downgrade is just that some scenes don't make too much sense in that outfit lol. And because of this not sure why you have some say they want that outfit to be "cannon" lol.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on this, and Sakurai's comment? This shows that there's ZERO Japanese developers and designers that are ok with their designs changed or being censored, at least this is how I see, maybe there are but not many I think...
Japan too scared to handle Palutena’s sexiness confirmed once more

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Got my E-Mail confirmation for :ultpiranha:. Redeemed the code and now I play the waiting game.

The E-Mail says "Early 2019" which I take to mean like February or March.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can I just say screw the sukapon spirit fight.

How are you suppose to win that?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can I just say screw the sukapon spirit fight.

How are you suppose to win that?
I haven't reached there yet but is it worse than Rayman's Spirit battle?

Because my god that one made me want to break my Switch lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven't reached there yet but is it worse than Rayman's Spirit battle?

Because my god that one made me want to break my Switch lol.
I beat Raymons first try and don’t remember it much so yeah.

For sukapon it’s stamina match against mii gunner in arena ferox. The mii gunner has like 170 hp. Sukapon and the mii will juggle you with projectiles and deal like 30 a hit.

Getting close to either is incredible moy hard.

The ai hits way to hard

Chrono.

I beat Raymons first try and don’t remember it much so yeah.

For sukapon it’s stamina match against mii gunner in arena ferox. The mii gunner has like 170 hp. Sukapon and the mii will juggle you with projectiles and deal like 30 a hit.

Getting close to either is incredible moy hard.

The ai hits way to hard
He was in Onett for me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Japan too scared to handle Palutena’s sexiness confirmed once more
It isn't really Japan per say, more like CERO rating and Nintendo themselves.
I have no idea what on earth you're on about.

They had the memetic jiggle sister give more shoulder than tit, threw some leggings and closed the blinds on another boob window (only to ironically highlight the fact that you can totally see her underwear through her skirt), and slightly pinched shut the side of a skirt on a character who's still not hiding anything in her stripper pole taunt.
Oh, then that normal for you to think that because I'm not on anything when it comes to just want to know your thoughts on this lol.

And yeah, you don't need much explaination over there. Might repeat your previous quote, not sure what are you on to with this because we all know this at this point.
And not sure what's with the fuzz of that reddit post... I thought it was about XC2, but on the Smash Ultimate and official artwork... OK.. That's just someone looking way too deep in my opinion. Again it isn't that apparent so with that I don't think it's an issue, my thoughts is exactly the same with Sakurai's comment in the video.

Meanwhile Nintendo's casting as wide a net as they can with the rating and hauling in more sales for it.
This statement from you is somewhat flawed because how we have seen before, a game's rating has very minor effect on its sales (unless it's AO where it is a rating that's a "kiss of death" for a game, to be fair there's isn't really any AO games that universally acclaim anyway, and all 3 console companies ban AO games anyway too)

I have mention this before, lower rating doesn't do much if want to casting a wider net, not to mention boosting sales.

Brawl was rated T and it is currently the best selling Smash Bros game.

Grand Theft Auto V is still selling despite is a rated M, same with Red Dead Redemption II and God of War this year. My theory is that the audience who will buy the game are the people who are in mid 20s,who can buy stuffs with own cash. Kids and others on the other hand, either go with the trend like Fortnite, or just aren't too into gaming.

So yeah, thanks for the response red,like I said they were all just my own personal thoughts and rants. Don't think too deep on it lol.
I find the ratings choices largely arbitrary if such minor alterations change their minds but other than that not one single damn was given this day.
Some games are and some don't like Smash Bros, in the video Sakurai even said Smash Wii U nearly missed the date due to those alterations. So yeah I agree not much gives a damn on the change, unless it effects the gameplay or have to be delayed like how some anime games are now on PS4.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Maybe Jeff or Paula’s fight? Both of those are pretty challenging but well thought out
Definitely done both of those.

Though I did win Jeff's (remember due to having to win it TWICE), don't remember if I won Paula's. Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom