• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't the only 16-bit Metroidvania Super Metroid or am I tripping?
Symphony of the Night any any JRPG-esque Castlevania is considered a Metroidvania, because it's less of a Castlevania and more of a Metroid... Castlevania.

yea

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But are those 16-bit?
No. Symphony of the Night was on the PS1, and the others were one GBA. Neither were 16-bit. No Metroid game is a Metroidvania, either. It needs a gothic setting or really just a spooky halloween aesthetic. They called them Metroidvanias because Castlevanias before them were simple A -> B games, but now they had an extensive overworld that only Metroid was comparable to at the time.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love OOT a lot, was one of the first 3D Zeldas I played. Graphics and a few tedious parts of the Water Temple aside, I think it's aged really well.

WW is my favorite Zelda, however. That's never going to change.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Due to save data ****ery (I wanted a save file before and after the Jevil fight should I ever want to fight him again) I had to beat Jevil another two times. Each time an extra party member lived through the fight, until all three of my party members were alive at the end.

Ralsei is still based fluffy boi though.
Also seriously, play Deltarune if you haven't. It's free.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And no Castlevania is a Metroidvania because they don’t have a space setting or a cosmic horror aesthetic.
but that's not how it works the only metroid thing in metroidvania is the overworld exploration

D

Deleted member

No. Symphony of the Night was on the PS1, and the others were one GBA. Neither were 16-bit. No Metroid game is a Metroidvania, either. It needs a gothic setting or really just a spooky halloween aesthetic. They called them Metroidvanias because Castlevanias before them were simple A -> B games, but now they had an extensive overworld that only Metroid was comparable to at the time.
I honestly can't tell if you're ****ing with me or not.
View attachment 178414

Someone else made me look at this.

Now you're gonna.

Share my pain.
59f2585f-bf0f-4573-96b4-1785f76ab93b.jpg

Chrono.

The term Metroidvania is ****ing dumb and barely makes sense anyway but it's too late to turn back and coin the term Exploration Platformer.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My condition is slowly getting worse so I'm going to bed. If I got a fever it'd be the first time in years.

if i die just know that part 2 is always the worst part

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, that's fine.

I quite literally have all of the money I need for Ultimate, so it will be one of the first things I'll try to get that Friday afternoon.
I recommend preordering the game beforehand, since everyone will be there to get their fresh copies
View attachment 178414
Someone else made me look at this.

Now you're gonna.

Share my pain.
Thanks. I hate it. Now take my pain.
A double whammy if pain, suffering, and depression
316C4029-DB50-4F43-A9F2-B55234C1F083.jpeg
316C4029-DB50-4F43-A9F2-B55234C1F083.jpeg

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
but that's not how it works the only metroid thing in metroidvania is the overworld exploration
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not but you do realize that saying "The only MetroidVania thing about Metroid is the literal entire gameplay" sounds ridiculous right?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

CAN THE USER KNOWN AS redfeatherraven redfeatherraven PLEASE **** OFF WITH THIS ****!

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, anyways I went to see Overlord tonight and now I'm really pissed.

Like this is a damn good movie. ****ing spectacular instance of Middle of the Road Budgetary Film-making. The special effects aren't over the top amazing, but they're damn good, the story isn't going to win any Awards, but it's really ****ing fun, the idea of the movie isn't wholly original, but it was masterfully adapted. This movie is exactly what everyone has been asking for. A clear cut movie with a beginning and an end. A movie with a clear path from beginning to end where it begins and ends. No set up for a sequel or cinematic universe. No long drawn out explanations of what's going on. Just a movie meant to tell a story and entertain while doing so.

And guess what.

It ****ing bombed.

That makes me really sad.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They should add Regginator
Actually, no he should put Iwata (Probably with Pit's wing or something, or some Balloons on his back) in the poster as well.

As some people may know, or not know or don't even care in general but Jason Schreier from Kotaku have got a bit of feud among some Youtubers and gamers over the past few months when it comes to him defending ACO's microtransactions, and recently defending Bethesda still using their old gaming engine for their next big games like Skyrim. To put it simple, Jason basically has the Bs to stand on the opposite side of gamers, which is nothing odd, but what used to be pathetic of him is how he wants logical discussion yet he blocks users who did on Twitter. And he even mentioned YongYea in one of his article calling him a provocative Youtuber.

However,a strange term of event just happened, Yongyea is having a discussion with him soon, yet it wouldn't be livestream which is ashame... I know this may sound heinous but I want YongYea to basically "destroy" almost every points he used to mention livestream. It's about time for him to learn some lesson in my opinion.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So, anyways I went to see Overlord tonight and now I'm really pissed.

Like this is a damn good movie. ****ing spectacular instance of Middle of the Road Budgetary Film-making. The special effects aren't over the top amazing, but they're damn good, the story isn't going to win any Awards, but it's really ****ing fun, the idea of the movie isn't wholly original, but it was masterfully adapted. This movie is exactly what everyone has been asking for. A clear cut movie with a beginning and an end. A movie with a clear path from beginning to end where it begins and ends. No set up for a sequel or cinematic universe. No long drawn out explanations of what's going on. Just a movie meant to tell a story and entertain while doing so.

And guess what.

It ****ing bombed.

That makes me really sad.
That's the unfortunate reality of the box office. We get quality movies not making enough money, yet we have complete garbage like the Transformers movies that are financially successful.

Actually, no he should put Iwata (Probably with Pit's wing or something, or some Balloons on his back) in the poster as well.

As some people may know, or not know or don't even care in general but Jason Schreier from Kotaku have got a bit of feud among some Youtubers and gamers over the past few months when it comes to him defending ACO's microtransactions, and recently defending Bethesda still using their old gaming engine for their next big games like Skyrim. To put it simple, Jason basically has the Bs to stand on the opposite side of gamers, which is nothing odd, but what used to be pathetic of him is how he wants logical discussion yet he blocks users who did on Twitter. And he even mentioned YongYea in one of his article calling him a provocative Youtuber.

However,a strange term of event just happened, Yongyea is having a discussion with him soon, yet it wouldn't be livestream which is ashame... I know this may sound heinous but I want YongYea to basically "destroy" almost every points he used to mention livestream. It's about time for him to learn some lesson in my opinion.
I do want to see what Schreier has to say, especially since he's the one that suggested this conversation in the first place.
This should be interesting to see unfold.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Has anyone here tried Mega Man 11?
I might get it during the holidays. I don't want the demo to spoil me too much.

The term Metroidvania is ****ing dumb and barely makes sense anyway but it's too late to turn back and coin the term Exploration Platformer.
I call them that. Metroidvania's a more common name, but kind of condenses it a bit too much. "Open-Platformers" is an okay name too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom