• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently Hol Horse was gonna become a companion but he was too similar to Polnareff, that’s why he keeps showing up. Admittedly the first episode he appeared in I thought it was a flashback with Polnareff lol

You'll actually find that out VERY soon... like pretty much the next episode
I’d say “thanks for the spoilers :mad:“ but if it’s the next episode then that’s not that bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welp, it's finally ready. All 47 minutes of it.

Sorry my voice sounds hoarse and stuffy, I was sick while recording this (still am). I mean I kinda hate how my voice sounds through a microphone regardless, but yeah it would at least be a bit better if I wasn't sick.

I mostly just talked about some of my thoughts on the state of the game and things I'd like to see from the game while I summoned, as well as some other miscellaneous things here and there. And I talked about my plans for the real channel in the future.

I was considering chopping this up to shorten it but most summoning videos I've seen just show the whole thing so I figured I'd do the same, and with the exception of having to cut out some mic audio that was just two minutes or so of me blowing my nose, I feel like I kept up the commentary decently well despite my voice not being all there, and considering this wasn't actual gameplay. Commentary is the part of YouTube I most need to practice in since I have pretty much everything else I need figured out.

I cut out the game music since I heard you can get copyright striked by including the music for this game in videos so I just put in some songs from other games/anime OSTs that I like.

Anyways yeah if you need some background noise for 47 minutes, maybe this can be useful. I know there are some things that could be improved upon (the left side of the overlay, audio balancing, maybe having some fancy edits here and there to go with the commentary, etc), but to be honest, considering all of the trouble Sony Vegas was causing me, I kinda wanted to get this out before the subject matter lost too much relevancy. I'll use future videos for experimentation, I'm always looking for ways to improve things and that can honestly be a curse sometimes. Sometimes you just gotta push something out while it's decent so you don't spend too long on it.

At the very least, I'm really happy with the video quality, it came out super crisp, especially the resolution and colours, and I seem to have minimised artifacting. Even if you don't have a 4K monitor, if you have a decent computer and internet, I'd recommend watching my videos (or any other 2K or 4K videos) with the resolution set above 1080p, as YouTube's compression is less severe at higher bit rates, which the 4K quality will be. Plus it will be supersampled for you.

As for what I got...

My 5-Stars were Helbindi, Laevatein, Silvia, M!Morgan, and two Laegjarns. Not particularly great if I'm being honest considering I also got six 5-Stars for my initial 117 Orbs summoning on the banner, though I did get most of the fodder and stuff I was looking for.

One of the Laegjarns is +Def, -HP, which is better than the +Res one I had before, so now she's +Def.

She's a super wall now. I also got Fortify Fliers on Clair, so now both of them can benefit from it.

View attachment 171480
View attachment 171482

Seeing these stats makes me really excited to maybe get optimal IVs in the future though, and more merges. She seems like she'd be well worth the investment.
Welp, it's finally ready. All 47 minutes of it.

Sorry my voice sounds hoarse and stuffy, I was sick while recording this (still am). I mean I kinda hate how my voice sounds through a microphone regardless, but yeah it would at least be a bit better if I wasn't sick.

I mostly just talked about some of my thoughts on the state of the game and things I'd like to see from the game while I summoned, as well as some other miscellaneous things here and there. And I talked about my plans for the real channel in the future.

I was considering chopping this up to shorten it but most summoning videos I've seen just show the whole thing so I figured I'd do the same, and with the exception of having to cut out some mic audio that was just two minutes or so of me blowing my nose, I feel like I kept up the commentary decently well despite my voice not being all there, and considering this wasn't actual gameplay. Commentary is the part of YouTube I most need to practice in since I have pretty much everything else I need figured out.

I cut out the game music since I heard you can get copyright striked by including the music for this game in videos so I just put in some songs from other games/anime OSTs that I like.

Anyways yeah if you need some background noise for 47 minutes, maybe this can be useful. I know there are some things that could be improved upon (the left side of the overlay, audio balancing, maybe having some fancy edits here and there to go with the commentary, etc), but to be honest, considering all of the trouble Sony Vegas was causing me, I kinda wanted to get this out before the subject matter lost too much relevancy. I'll use future videos for experimentation, I'm always looking for ways to improve things and that can honestly be a curse sometimes. Sometimes you just gotta push something out while it's decent so you don't spend too long on it.

At the very least, I'm really happy with the video quality, it came out super crisp, especially the resolution and colours, and I seem to have minimised artifacting. Even if you don't have a 4K monitor, if you have a decent computer and internet, I'd recommend watching my videos (or any other 2K or 4K videos) with the resolution set above 1080p, as YouTube's compression is less severe at higher bit rates, which the 4K quality will be. Plus it will be supersampled for you.

As for what I got...

My 5-Stars were Helbindi, Laevatein, Silvia, M!Morgan, and two Laegjarns. Not particularly great if I'm being honest considering I also got six 5-Stars for my initial 117 Orbs summoning on the banner, though I did get most of the fodder and stuff I was looking for.

One of the Laegjarns is +Def, -HP, which is better than the +Res one I had before, so now she's +Def.

She's a super wall now. I also got Fortify Fliers on Clair, so now both of them can benefit from it.

View attachment 171480
View attachment 171482

Seeing these stats makes me really excited to maybe get optimal IVs in the future though, and more merges. She seems like she'd be well worth the investment.
I love that idea for a "take a preset amount of units, start from level one, and go" game mode. Reminds me a lot of the really high level dungeons in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Also your voice is neat.

D

Deleted member

The opening theme was slightly different for the second half of the high priestess. When it shows the 5 stars going across the land now there’s a 6th one on the left. Does Jotaro get another companion?

Also with Avdol being alive, I’m back to worrying about who is gonna die because of course not all of Jotaro’s group is gonna survive the arc. If they legit kill Avdol in this second half after having him gone for like half the first I’ll be pissed cause I like him.
There'd be no fun in giving you the answers, got to keep you on your toes after all.

Ivander

Smash Legend
*100 and so pages have passed in the Discussion thread since the leak*

This is going to be a long month and a 1/2, isn't it?

Ivander

Smash Legend
What a coincidence
*leak with a Grinch prop happens*
*followed by a Smash Ultimate Ad*
*then followed by a trailer for the new Grinch movie*

Man, Nintendo and Illumination certainly shot for the opportunity.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
-Smash Ultimate releases in December
-The Grinch is a story themed around Christmas
-There's a new Grinch movie releasing this year

It was a damn sign. There are no more coincidences.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You think that's bad, couple weeks ago I had to fight this ******* in Hollow Knight.

View attachment 171780

That's exactly what you think it is.
yeah thats a dung beetle but thats its job, to roll **** around.

This damn monkey would use its nasty tail, reach to its ass and have a ball of dung in its tail and just fling it at you. Also one its main attacks is a ****ing fart

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Tomorrow at my job is associates day which means there is a theme to go with instead of normal work attire. I just realized the theme is Western and Red Dead 2 comes out. COINCIDENCE!?!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If the leak is true then Grinchboards for April Fools

Book it, War McChamp

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On the earlier topic of Stardust Crusaders, I really dislike the anime adaptation for one particular reason only: the goddamn length. Stardust Crusaders is not long enough to be 10 episodes longer than Part 4, and it's way longer than Part 3. I think they milked it all the way home because it's just about as popular/iconic as Part 5 is and they wanted to take that money train home.

And that resulted in a terrible final boss fight. Even without roadroller, OVA Jotaro VS DIO will always be the best version. Even beyond the manga, because hot damn while the rest of the OVA is dog vomit the final fight is 1,000 :ok-sign: emojis.

I also like to pretend that something when disastrously wrong with the budget afterward and made Part 4 look like poopoo.

At least Part 5 is looking Part 1/2 tier on the quality so far. 39 episodes like Part 4 is a bit much, since I'd give it 4 episodes less for a perfect balance, but I noticed plenty extended and added scenes (like what the **** the first half of the first episode isn't even from the manga) so it'll probably make up for it. At least it's not near 50 like some madman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom