• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How far does SCVI's custom character creator even goes anyways? I'm seeing some pretty scary **** wuth how good some cgaracters can be recreated. I mean
**** we finally got Fate/Fort Night

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How far does SCVI's custom character creator even goes anyways? I'm seeing some pretty scary **** wuth how good some cgaracters can be recreated. I mean
We haven’t gone far enough

Ivander

Smash Legend
Saw a Bowsette, so obviously not far enough.
It does very decently, but it also loses alot of opportunities due to the missing parts from SCV. I posted a list earlier.
That being said, besides the large amount of customization it can do, it can also allow players to cheat in ranked.
https://imgur.com/67kxU4b
By what I heard, Namco is already doing something about it.

By the way, if you're interested in CaS characters based on Fate or Fire Emblem characters, the Fire Emblem Reddit and Fate Grand Order Reddits have a bunch of people showing off alot of them. Saw Hector, Ike, Ephraim, Eirika, Catria, Gilgamesh, Caster Gilgamesh, and even King Hassan, who I'll link here.
https://twitter.com/RegalRook/status/1054379650309332993

Someone needs to do The Reinhardt in SCVI
Already been done. Twice.
https://imgur.com/a/C9lnurM
https://i.redd.it/g79bw63qgat11.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saw a Bowsette, so obviously not far enough.
It does very decently, but it also loses alot of opportunities due to the missing parts from SCV. I posted a list earlier.

That being said, besides the large amount of customization it can do, it can also allow players to cheat in ranked.
https://imgur.com/67kxU4b
By what I heard, Namco is already doing something about it.

By the way, if you're interested in CaS characters based on Fate or Fire Emblem characters, the Fire Emblem Reddit and Fate Grand Order Reddits have a bunch of people showing off alot of them. Saw Hector, Ike, Ephraim, Eirika, Catria, Gilgamesh, Caster Gilgamesh, and even King Hassan, who I'll link here.
https://twitter.com/RegalRook/status/1054379650309332993

Already been done. Twice, but here's one of them.
https://imgur.com/a/C9lnurM
I don't have SCVI but maybe I'll convince my brother to buy it as the CaS was his favorite thing about SCIV.

Dunno what I'm supposed to be looking at on that image of the cheating, I'll need some context.

But damn, that King Hassan looks dope. Are characters shareable online or something?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't have SCVI but maybe I'll convince my brother to buy it as the CaS was his favorite thing about SCIV.

Dunno what I'm supposed to be looking at on that image of the cheating, I'll need some context.

But damn, that King Hassan looks dope. Are characters shareable online or something?
I've heard characters are supposed to be sharable, but I've seen mixed stuff on that so I have no idea.

The image with the cheating. The guy is using the turtle/kappa shells to hide his weapons and character, thus making it hard to see what move they do. So they can trick a person into thinking they are using one move when in reality, it's another move. So if a character has two similar motions, but one is a short ranged attack and the other is a long ranged attack, you wouldn't be able to tell which move they are using.
Combined with the fact that there are high, medium and low attacks, as well as special low and special high attacks that differentiate between hitting high/low and middle depending on the move, it makes blocking or seeing the attack to block/dodge them very tricky. That's the context with the image with the cheater using the two turtle shells to obscure his moves and what the character is doing when attacking.
With a moveset like Siegfried or Nightmare, it's not too effective due to how large the weapon is. But for a character like Maxi, Talim or Sophitia, their weapons are small and close to the character, thus making it impossible to see what attacks are done.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Someone picked the default DVD menu option for Castlevania Requiem.

D

Deleted member

Someone picked the default DVD menu option for Castlevania Requiem.
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at, I didn't even know Requiem had been officially announced.

Chrono.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at, I didn't even know Requiem had been officially announced.
Just that the game selection menu looks bad.

Requiem got announced like last month, it's gonna launch with season 2 of the netflix anime. The game themselves are ports of the PSP ports of Rondo of Blood and SotN. So the games themselves should be just fine.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this Castlevania talk reminds me that I'm about to play my first CV game ever. SotN on the PS3 (through the PSN store).

Now enough talk! Have at you!

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Just recently finished Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Not flawless, but a damn good game that was definitely worth the money. Figure I'll post my spoiler-free review of it here. Order goes: Story, Exploration, Combat, Toys-to-Life, Star Fox.

The story is simple. The Starlink Initiative flies out to the Atlas Star System looking to find one the homeworld of one of it's members, Judge. Upon their arrival, they're attacked by the Forgotten Legion, lead the leader of the Initiative is abducted. The goal is to rescue the Initiative's leader, and rid the Atlas Star System of the Forgotten Legion. It's a simple story, nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done.

Exploration is actually a lot more in-depth than I expected. There are seven planets total, all with their different environments. On the planets, you forge alliances with the residents there, and work to push back the Forgotten Legion from the planet. The system to doing so is simple to understand, but more in-depth than I thought it'd be. You seamlessly travel from planet to planet through space, where there are asteroids to avoid, hidden caches to discover, and outlaw hideouts to raid. However, things may feel a bit repetitive if you're playing for long stretches at a time, or trying to 100% the game.

Combat is simple, but I found it fun. You start off fairly weak, but get stronger through applying mods to your ship and weapons, as well as investing in your pilot's skill tree. There your weapons can come in one of four main elements, being Fire, Frost, Gravity, and Stasis, with a fifth non-element, being Kinetic. Your enemies can either be neutral, or have Fire, Frost, or Gravity elements to them. However, your tactics don't change much regarding the enemy you fight, as the best way to deal with any enemy is DPS spam until they're down.

Though I was weary of the game having Toys-to-Life elements, I bought the physical edition because the Arwing model was too awesome to pass up. The physical toys were fun to mess around with, but you don't have to play with the physical stuff the entire time, as once they're registered, you can play with them digitally. The Toys-to-Life stuff was actually executed very well, as buying weapons, ships, pilots, etc. aren't necessary and are just enhancements to the game itself. Whenever you need the element of a weapon you don't have, there's almost always an explosive canister of that element you can use instead. I just hope the toys haven't put too many people off, as because of the stigma against Toys-to-Life, the game may have been better off without.

Lastly, the Star Fox content was fantastic. The amount of love and respect Ubisoft gave the Star Fox franchise was touching. Fox is hands-down the best pilot, with a great skill tree and borderline OP pilot ability, where he calls in another Star Fox member to help out. The Arwing ship is a blast to play with, as well. The Star Fox missions were also a blast, with the team's goal being to hunt down Wolf. Portrayals of the characters were fantastic, with great voice-work, and the characters' interactions on-point. There's also a few remixed Star Fox tracks, all of which were fantastic.

In short, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and highly recommend it. It's no epic AAA adventure, and it definitely has its flaws. But if you're looking for a fun game where you can fly around in spaceships, talk to aliens, and blow stuff up, than this game is definitely worth the money. Bonus points if you're a fan of the Star Fox franchise like myself. Don't be afraid of the Toys-to-Life mechanics, as they aren't necessary for you to complete the game. 8/10

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rendering my video now.

Gonna take a while (nearly three hours by the looks of it), because despite the fact I have a really strong GPU, Sony Vegas apparently dropped support for NVIDIA GPUs a while ago.

I really hate when companies get into silly spats that hurt consumers.

It took me a while to edit because Vegas is complicated. PowerDirector is better for my purposes, but it can't detect a second audio track for my videos, which I use for the microphone. In the future, I may consider recording my mic audio through Audacity so I can edit and render in PowerDirector.

I'll stay awake until it finishes rendering and then I'll let it upload overnight, then YouTube should finish processing by tomorrow afternoon or something.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow first boss in and Dracula beat the crap out of me lol. Thankfully there's an auto revive with Marie so I got through the battle.

Now le Alucard.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>mfw they got literally borderline Mythra hentai on there

Regressing.

Also I want to protect this smile.

--------

I recorded my Laegjarn summoning session. Gonna edit it after dinner, it's likely I won't have it all ready on YouTube until tomorrow though.
That could have been the winner of chapter 4 fanart though lol. And I have seen that fanart on Pixiv a while ago.

And hold my beer when looking at chapter 6:
this is basically a Torna DLC fanart lol.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"I will not ask you to rejoin our side, but I demand you cease your attack! "

***** screw you dash grinding is way too much fun to stop! :shades:

Chrono.

Roman Reigns just announced he's taking a leave to battle Cancer (Leukemia to be exact.)

Holy ****ing ****.

**** Cancer, man.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roman Reigns just announced he's taking a leave to battle Cancer (Leukemia to be exact.)

Holy ****ing ****.

**** Cancer, man.
My jaw dropped when I saw that. **** cancer indeed. The swine of the world that needs to be eradicated.

I don't know the specifics regarding this but hopefully it's something non-chronic or treatable.

D

Deleted member

You didn't even provide an opening statement for your case
I did give a statement, how do you know it’s wrong? I’m at school, so I can’t explain everything at once right now, give me something to start with.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Holy ****ing ****.

**** Cancer, man.
Now it feels depressing watching Raw tonight (he better bury leukemia permanently)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>mfw they got literally borderline Mythra hentai on there

Regressing.

Also I want to protect this smile.

--------

I recorded my Laegjarn summoning session. Gonna edit it after dinner, it's likely I won't have it all ready on YouTube until tomorrow though.
Two things stood out to me.

1. "Wow you weren't kidding about the Mythra thing."

and

2. "Wait, whose butt is that? I don't know that person."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Arkham games can get confusing when it comes to looking for something...Spider-Man PS4 has changed me too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom