• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Watching the Discussion Thread in chaos be like:

The desperation and chaos be real.

That being said, that Magikarp CaS is the most creative CaS I have ever seen. That one is amazingly creative.
I took a break from the place when it became clear that discussions there were just folks spinning their wheels over and over and over.

That said, what happened this time?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Playing an Arkham Asylum boss fight starring Bane...should’ve played this game years ago instead of skipping to City and Knight

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Is Starlink worth the price, even if you don’t buy all the toys? Thinking about buying it.
I've been having a great time with it thus far, so I definitely recommend it.

I bought the physical edition, and although it comes with less than the digital deluxe version, I haven't had any issues. If you're not interested in the physical components, like the Arwing model, then going digital would be a better deal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is Starlink worth the price, even if you don’t buy all the toys? Thinking about buying it.
If you don't want the toy route, go for the deluxe digital edition.

For $80 you get 9 pilots, 5 ships, and 15 weapons (plus an additional pilot, ship, and bonus missions if getting the Switch version)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I took a break from the place when it became clear that discussions there were just folks spinning their wheels over and over and over.

That said, what happened this time?
CoroCoro switched from 108 stages to 103 stages much like the Direct. So basically, people despair, box theory chance 'rises', people despair about box theory, mah Steve, etc.

By the way, those with Soul Calibur 6, at some point, I better see William Adams created as a CaS, considering he did exist around the time that Soulcalibur VI takes place.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm testing out recording HDR games on PS4 Pro. I don't have an actual 4K HDR capture card for the PS4 Pro but I'm trying to simulate a similar kind of colour range with what I've got for now, using a colour correction filter in OBS.

How do the colours look here?

I'm considering streaming Spider-Man PS4 (downloading it right now) and I want to do a playthrough of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy when it comes out. Spider-Man has HDR and Spyro probably will so that's why I'm trying to figure this out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got some ad that asked what game I wanted to buy next, and the choices were TwitchCon, PAX, Comic Con and some other thing. Y'know, the famous Twitch Videogame series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The new DLC character for Dissidia NT came out yesterday as well as some new story stuff.

I wish we got more cutscenes like this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Chrono.

Haha wow, Nitro Rad is ****ing pissed.

Long story short he hated the game and it's not hard to see why. Just surprising a game out there managed to frustrate him more than Bubsy 3D, and even in that review he didn't sound as annoyed as he did here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Pokémon hacks, I wish we could get occasional progress updates on the Gold prototype translation.

We really don't know how far it's in (I know a project such as this will take a long time to finish but still)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No it isn't, it's an independent project by DreamPrism Press. Playtonic have given their blessing but they're not otherwise involved.

It's more or less a fan project that has been given the OK by the original IP creator.
then ill go with "This is what happens when you let fans make a grapic novel of your ok game"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I picked up Octopath Traveller recently. Kind of late to the party, but oh well.

I started with Ophilia, mainly for two reasons:
- having full-party healing early on is really useful
- if you start with her and go clockwise around the map picking up the other characters, you can recruit them in order such that their initials spell out "Octopath", and I refuse to believe this isn't intentional (being able to recruit them in that order, not just the fact that their initials spell out "Octopath")

I like the battle system quite a bit. The BP system combined with things like how defending pushes you to the top of the turn order is quite interesting. It makes it one of a handful of games where I feel you really need to be aware of the order in which your allies will attack; a lot of situations come up where you can have someone defend in order to gain the BP and move before the enemy, and that can be the difference between getting a break and shutting down a really powerful attack, or getting half your party knocked out... well, it would be if the battles were actually challenging. Maybe it gets better in that area later on. Battles are pretty standard outside of that, but that adds enough to make them a lot more interesting, for me.

I'm kind of disappointed that the field actions have so much overlap. There's only really four actions, and they're only slightly different in how they function. One or two cases I'm fine with, like Therion's stealing items from NPCs vs. Tressa's ability to buy them instead, but they could probably have given people like H'aanit or Alfyn something more interesting and unique to their personality. In the end it kind of feels like a weak attempt at emulating what Final Fantasy VI did in giving each character a unique battle ability.

Haven't gotten into sub-classing yet, but based on what I've heard about it, it sounds kind of eh, since it seems to let you cover every class in a single party, instead of prompting meaningful decisions on which to leave behind. I'm guessing the idea is to let you cover everything no matter who's in your party, and deciding on who to bring ends up being about just who you like most as a character, which isn't necessarily such a bad thing, but that doesn't always make for the most interesting gameplay.

I want to wait until I'm further along in the game before judging on something like the separate stories not coming together, but even early on I can see where those complaints are coming from. Like, it doesn't seem to make much sense for Therion to just accept the help of some bunch of randomers who only just walked into town and who he's never met before, so it would have been nice if he had some backstory with some of the other characters, or something.

I like the graphics overall, but they don't always look the best - sometimes characters' sprites can look a bit blurry and poorly defined. It might just be because of weird scaling as a result of manipulating 2D sprites in 3D space. It looks better than I remember it being in the first demo, at least, I remember that looking really rough in parts.

The music is pretty good too.

(also **** the keyboard shortcut for posting posts when you're not finished, Warchamp pls)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I got tired of waiting for Nintendo of America to localize it, so I finally played through New Mystery of the Emblem. Up until now I've only watched playthroughs of it. Long story short, I loved it. Let me actually buy it from you, Nintendo. :p

- Palla is, like always, absolutely broken, but she's turned up to eleven since you get her incredibly early. Damn, Palla.
- My Marth got absolutely blessed, stat-wise. He somehow capped four of his stats by endgame without stat boosters.
- Merric is still Best Boy. Made the Gharnef map a total joke.
- Music is wonderful as always. Tearing Shadows, Dark Emperor Hardin, and Holy War stand out as bangers.
- You know that map right before Gharnef's? **** that map lol. I gently open the door and bam, a slew of dragons and Meteor sorcerers.
- Wyrmslayer x Dragonpike OTP.
- Marth x Caeda also OTP.
- Julian x Lena also also OTP. Put them in Heroes, IS. What are you waiting for?
- Beck what the **** are you doing in a frozen wasteland. Don't give me the excuse that you weren't in OG Mystery.
- Like in Shadow Dragon, Astram is a pain in the Astram when he's on the enemy side and you're going in blindish.
- Man I love Ogma. I don't want to hear any of y'all complain when you pull him in Heroes because he's the best. I already loved him in Shadow Dragon but New Mystery just propels him further.
- Had to take a double take in the final battle when Medeus called Marth the Descendant of Anri. It was in all caps so it looked like Descendant of Anal.
- Kris is made infinitely more tolerable if you choose to accept the goofy hair and hat options. Wrys shaved his head, dammit.
- I didn't realize Malledus straight up got cut entirely until the last two chapters of the game.
- I have some criticism over how certain characters were handled, but since this is a Positive Post™ I'll discuss that later, if people are interested.

Seriously though, NoA. Localize this so I can give you money for it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, when I get a Switch, what games do you all recommend? Not sure what else to get aside from Ultimate, BOTW, and MM11.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So, when I get a Switch, what games do you all recommend? Not sure what else to get aside from Ultimate, BOTW, and MM11.
Well, you're in luck, because I happened to finish one of my favorite indie games of all time.

It released on Steam and Playstation in January of this year, but then got ported to the Switch a few months ago in August. It's a Metriodvania-esque game with a gorgeous art style and a pretty cool soundtrack, so if you're into that, definitely have this game on your wishlist. I'm gonna replay this and record a playthrough of it, but once you get the chance, give it a shot.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Mario Odyssey, The Messenger, Hollow Knight, The World Ends With You, Okami HD, Octopath Traveler, Xenoblade 2, Dragon Ball FighterZ, DB Xenoverse 2 and Sonic Mania.

There's a couple of others I hear are good like Iconoclasts, Starlink and Valkyria Chronicles 4 but I haven't played those.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Definitely some good titles there. What do you think about the upcoming FE game?
Interested, but cautious.
Not sure how I feel about the new army system and they're bringing back the avatar character again, albeit not in a leading role.
Really disappointed in the art reverting to its Awakening/Fates style instead of the gorgeous Shadows of Valentia style.

Holy ****, do I hope that there's less emphasis on romance and especially less emphasis on the ****ING CHILDREN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom