• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I know. I really do like the Mario NES games and Ice Climbers.

I am just not used to being not shown the controls. Playing Mario Bros and I found the pipe that leads you to World 4. Fun.
Back then everything was in the manual. You're probably too young to know what a "manual" for a game is. These days you have the luxury of just using Google to find out stuff like that. So just do that, I guess.

Oof just realised that you're Irish.

Please don't ban me just for being a Brit...
Time for revenge, this has been 800 years in the making

D

Deleted member

Back then everything was in the manual. You're probably too young to know what a "manual" for a game is. These days you have the luxury of just using Google to find out stuff like that. So just do that, I guess.
A manual is an instruction book, right?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
The only really fun NES games there are is Ice Climbers and most of the Mario Bros. Games including Dr. Mario.

I want to enjoy Balloon Fighter, but controlling Balloon Fighter can be hard.

Also it gets pretty stale when you try out new games and you have no idea what to do and you just move and press any button over and over against a weak CPU and they kick your butt, anyway.
View attachment 168122

I think killing off the Virtual Console was a really bad idea. Perfect opportunity to use it as their online idea to gain hype.

I would love to be trying out stuff I never played that is not that old like Ocarina of Time, Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine.
I feel that, tried some of the games and I totally get what you are saying. The only thing I'm giving them points for are the menus, those look really clean. Otherwise NES games aren't really my thing.

I just want Nintendo to have GameCube games already. I find really stupid that GameCube games have yet to have any kind of re-release while the Wii did have. We only seem to get remakes and remasters of a rather slim part of the GameCube catalog. Just give me VC GameCube or a GameCube mini already Nintendo, I'm sure lots of people want it!

D

Deleted member

If you play it I'll be glad to help you out! It is the first video game I have ever played and one I love playing many times over!
I already died.

Dang, not having that sword beam is not good.

Also I have not played a lot of Zelda games. I barely tried Wind Waker, I did BOTW and that is it.
Now I am doing the original Zelda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Time for revenge, this has been 800 years in the making
Well, this is the end for me...
If you play it I'll be glad to help you out! It is the first video game I have ever played and one I love playing many times over!
Zelda 1 was one of your first games?

I feel bad for you, that game's tough. Playing it as a young child must have been hard.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well, this is the end for me...

Zelda 1 was one of your first games?

I feel bad for you, that game's tough. Playing it as a young child must have been hard.
Well back then for us older gamers we didn't let the difficulty bother us that much, we just played and kept getting more skilled until we succeeded.
Joining now
Hey, you should have waited!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The regular NHL season has started, and I couldn't be any more excited. I know not many here watch hockey, but if you ever wanna chat about it you know where to find me.

#GoLeafsGo

D

Deleted member

The lag is so ****ing bad this is hilarious. We can’t even beat the first level lol
The controls are bad too. Like, why am I so slow?
Also, I slide way too much. The floor is ice everytime I play it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The only really fun NES games there are is Ice Climbers and most of the Mario Bros. Games including Dr. Mario.

I want to enjoy Balloon Fighter, but controlling Balloon Fighter can be hard.
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Castlevania
Classic Mega Man games
Bomberman
Contra
Earthbound Beginnings (even though we only got it internationally just a few years ago)

Do I need to keep going?

EDIT: Unless you were only talking about the ones we can play on Switch?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh no, they better fix their connection before Ultimate comes out.
Yeah, sure, easy to say, but... they actually don't have a connection.

They use a peer-to-peer system, which means the quality is dependant on how good every player's Internet is rather than a dedicated server.

If only one player has a ****ty connection, everyone will have a ton of lag.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Castlevania
Classic Mega Man games
Bomberman
Contra
Earthbound Beginnings (even though we only got it internationally just a few years ago)

Do I need to keep going?
I am talking about the NES games the Switch Online System has, not the NES games in general.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom