• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We got some Hinoka art from Saito.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i took a nap but i took too long of a nap so now i'm just going to be groggy all night
:072: oh well

SHINJI DON'T PLAY WITH ME

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It doesn't affect his chances in any way. He's not playing with you, he's agreeing with you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i took a nap but i took too long of a nap so now i'm just going to be groggy all night
:072: oh well

It doesn't affect his chances in any way. He's not playing with you, he's agreeing with you.

Also "chances" literally aren't a thing anyway.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
You know the standard is high when the same dude who had shad avatars thinks this place is dirty.
DnZ0oU9U4AImDAF.jpeg

Oof you got me good.

But in all honesty why the **** is so much people believing in like every text leak in the general discussion kinda dumb

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As I watch gameplay for WWE 2K19...I question how it took 2K so long to give them a unique storyline and full voice acting (THQ and Yukes together managed to do such a thing many times)

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
ChikoLad ChikoLad I can see you are a huge Sora fan so let's say he gets in would you think they would have any kind of Disney reference or just they completely ignore it. If so would you be disappointed with no references?

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I turned 21 today. :p

Growing older in life and going further in it. I want to say I feel different, but truly, I still don't feel very different even compared to when I turned 19.
Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a good one!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad I can see you are a huge Sora fan so let's say he gets in would you think they would have any kind of Disney reference or just they completely ignore it. If so would you be disappointed with no references?
There likely wouldn't be any Disney references besides Mickey's head for the Kingdom Key's Keychain, judging by how other KH crossover material has handled Sora.

I'd be perfectly OK with that since nowadays, I don't really play KH for the Disney stuff, it's kinda transcended that and I love the original characters and worlds for their own merits. Not that I dislike the Disney stuff, I love that too, but it isn't what's keeping me invested in the series.

I wouldn't be opposed to Disney references though. Trinity Limit with Donald & Goofy would be a great Final Smash. But I don't see extended Disney references happening, and the series has plenty of original material for trophies and such so that's fine.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
There likely wouldn't be any Disney references besides Mickey's head for the Kingdom Key's Keychain, judging by how other KH crossover material has handled Sora.

I'd be perfectly OK with that since nowadays, I don't really play KH for the Disney stuff, it's kinda transcended that and I love the original characters and worlds for their own merits. Not that I dislike the Disney stuff, I love that too, but it isn't what's keeping me invested in the series.

I wouldn't be opposed to Disney references though. Trinity Limit with Donald & Goofy would be a great Final Smash. But I don't see extended Disney references happening, and the series has plenty of original material for trophies and such so that's fine.
Good to hear another side of the Sora for smash side.

The reason I asked this was I've seen alot of other Sora fans say that they would hate his inclusion if it didn't have Donald or Goofy. Which personally is quite dumb just be happy that he would be in the game in the first place

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Good to hear another side of the Sora for smash side.

The reason I asked this was I've seen alot of other Sora fans say that they would hate his inclusion if it didn't have Donald or Goofy. Which personally is quite dumb just be happy that he would be in the game in the first place
I'd assume that's mostly coming from the more casual KH fans, who just play for the Disney stuff.

I personally don't see it as necessary to include them as Sora stands on his own as an iconic video game character (out of the non-Xbox/Playstation exclusive characters, I think he's up there as one of the most iconic third parties left that isn't in Smash) and since Sakurai only seems to want video game characters, this means Sora himself just represents Disney in Smash, since he is a Disney character, in place of Mickey Mouse.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
This place is famous for weird **** and all, but DAYUM! Y'all got some weird kinky festival going on here

Ivander

Smash Legend
*comes back from housework* *enters thread*

........................................................Well, goodnight everybody.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hey y'all! How's everyone doing?

After so many tries, I FINALLY beat Garon's GHB on Infernal a few hours earlier!

^This was the moment of that oh so satisfying victory!

This was a tough GHB! My Summer Takumi solo with three dancers did not work at all no matter how I adjusted my kills, and not even my Flier Emblem and Horse Emblem teams were able to beat it either.

I ultimately ended up using a F2P team and trying to use a guide to beat it, but I had to keep switching around a few units when none of them were working the way I wanted them to (I've tried a few times with Veronica and Brave Lyn, but neither were helping me here). I finally succeeded with a semi-F2P you seee here, with the only exceptions were that I used Flying Olivia instead of normal Olivia and Reinhardt instead of Ursula. Even that team took a few tries, but I finally got it!

Now for something I rarely do here: Rant time! This one is relating to Garon's GHB map, and I just want to get this out of my chest:

Can we talk about how Garon's GHB map felt quite... effortless design-wise?

What do I mean? Let's take a look at Garon's GHB map shall we:

Looks really basic, yes? Literally, the only thing that makes it unique compared to other inner castle maps aside from the wall layout is the addition of the portals on the sides. With Garon, a healer, and an Armor Knight stationed at the top center with new enemies being summoned through the portals in a darkened setting on the sides, it's ultimately a reference to Birthright's Endgame map:

So why is it a big issue for me? It's mainly because when IS adapted Birthright's Endgame map, they didn't go all out with adapting the design. In FE:H, it's just a darkened castle interior with portals on the sides while trying to imitate the design of the map from that game. Where's the castle rugs in the center of the map? Where's those darkened, patterned tiles akin to that Castle Krakenburg map alongside the rugs? Where's the patches of darkened dirt and the sense of disarray that the Birthright Endgame map had?

This is especially frustrating when you see how IS went all out in adapting Conquest's Endgame map to Fire Emblem Heroes. I mean, just look at Infested Takumi's GHB map and compare it how it looked like in Conquest:

It's a really good adaptation of that map, right? It looks exactly like Conquest's Endgame map but shrunken down. It really does feel like you're in Castle Shirasagi's destroyed throne room.

Now compare it back to how IS adapted Birthright's Endgame map into Fire Emblem Heroes. It may have the same layout but shrunken down, but it's ultimately just lifeless because this isn't Castle Krakenburg. It's just a normal castle. Castle Krankenburg has a pretty cool design, and the way it looked visual-wise in that Birthright's Chapter 27 map was especially awesome too!

You want to know what was even more lazy? They didn't even have the Birthright version of End of All playing for Garon's GHB map, yet they had the Conquest version of End of All playing for Infested Takumi's GHB map? What's this about?

I had hopes IS was going to make Garon's GHB map look as cool as Birthright's Endgame map just like how they Conquest's Endgame map for Infested Takumi's GHB (though technically, they used that map prior for the New Year's Tempest Trials), but instead, they just made a rather lazy and lifeless version of it. Disappointing. Just disappointing. IS has even designed some unique maps before like Legendary Lyn battle that had a much more unique look compared to other maps (the Lyn LHB map used Sacae houses to create the feeling you really were in Sacae). I really wish they'd branch out beyond the TTs and give more of those boss maps that unique flair.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This place is famous for weird **** and all, but DAYUM! Y'all got some weird kinky festival going on here
It's either tame or weird stuff. You get one or the other.

That being said, can't be as bad as Twitter getting into the idea of Super Crown Bowser.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The new Google Chrom update changed how things look, and for once I don't hate it for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom