• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
this game expects me to fight this

are you ****ing kidding me

im so ****ing pissed
Ah, from pretty Japanese boys to muscled Russian women. You're really moving up in the world. :laugh:
For those who don't understand, we recently talked about Mizutsune, where all of the Mizutsune you fight in Generations are male. Now to add onto that, all of the Gammoth you fight in Generations are female. So yeah, from pretty Japanese boys to muscled Russian women. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That Legendary Marth banner ended, and I got no LA Hector. ;-;

I got a.....
"Spring Alphonse".
He is +RES -HP.

Chrono.

This is pretty cool.

It says Westopolis but it's really Westopolis and Lethal Highway combined.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>IGN posts a The Golden Country gameplay video
>Dude playing actually knows to play
>They manage to have a battle for many minutes

Mfw I finally listen the full loop of the battle theme.
20180904_194616.jpg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is pretty cool.

It says Westopolis but it's really Westopolis and Lethal Highway combined.
I think it would work better as a Solo Avatar level, but other than that it looks pretty good.

I need to get back into modding 3D Sonic games. Never did finish that Nia outfit for the avatar.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Sheesh... the music in this game is going to be fantastic. Combine that with being able to play any song on any stage that's from the same series and there's going to be plenty of variety. :)
Being able to play any song on any stage of the same series is such a good feature. It's impressive that Sakurai and the Smash team thought of putting features like this and the stage morph in when no one was really asking for it. The amount of creativity being put into Smash Ultimate is amazing!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess what I like most about Smash Ultimate is it's aesthetic look. It seems to hit the sweet spot between Brawl and Smash 4. Well that and it's Main Menu doesn't look like crap lol (Smash 4's was trash sorry).

And of course it'll have a much better single player experience with the original Classic Mode back and Spirits (I think) acting as an Adventure Mode of sorts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sheesh... the music in this game is going to be fantastic. Combine that with being able to play any song on any stage that's from the same series and there's going to be plenty of variety. :)
I totally agree. There is so many variety and beauty and what you said, that makes Ultimate amazing.
Ultimate has a better new soundtrack than Brawl. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was at Walmart with my friend and there's this bin that has giant masks in them. They're basically giant cartoon heads. One of them is Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life. For no reason whatsoever, I put the mask on, and my friend recorded me, while approaching him, and I said "the new age sucks".

He sent me the video but the audio went to hell and back.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
*Me when the Prisma Illya event in Fate/Grand Order began:*

"All right, I might've failed to get Summer Artoria in Fate/Grand Order, but I can just play through the Prisma Illya event coming up and get myself an NP5 Chloe von Einzbern since she's a good 4-star alternative to Summer Artoria."

"This event is a mission-style event like the Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero events? First one was good, second one was meh, but hey I don't think it should be that bad. Time to get that NP5 Chloe and a bunch of Mana Prisms to replenish my amount from losing most of them last month!"

*Me after finishing the main story in Fate/GO's Prisma Illya event:*

>Literally lost a lot of motivation to complete 40 more missions upon learning how much you need to grind just to get an NP5 Chloe and all her Ascension Materials (on top of just not having the time to complete them all with how busy I was this past week), ultimately ending up not even getting NP5 Chloe or any of her Ascension materials.

Yep, I ended up taking a 180 in motivation the more I got into this event.

I think I can attribute that to the way how this event was played out. You've got raid battles as the boss battles, but this time, you are interrupted by these episode counters that force you to complete some other missions before you can progress into the battle. That kinda ruined the emersion for me. Add to the grindy layout of unlocking materials and the really mediocre story of this event, and that also contributed to my loss of motivation.

Something tells me these 100 mission-like formats in certain Fate/Grand Order kinda fall flat. Fate/Zero's event ended up being quite grindy, but at least it had an enjoyable story. Still, I ended up not completing most of the event because of the grindy gameplay (along with the fact I wasn't that interested in getting an NP5 Irisviel since she is apparently one of the more lackluster welfare servants).

But the Kara no Kyoukai event followed a similar format, and I felt more motivated throughout the event to the point I nearly completed all the missions. I guess the Kara no Kyoukai event handled it the best because, on top of having an enjoyable story, it felt like there was a nice "flow" with the way you progressed through it to unlock more missions and battles, and I felt like that "flow" was lacking in the Fate/Zero event and especially in the Prisma Illya event.

I only wonder if future mission-based special events in Fate/Grand Order will be as grindy and dull as the Prisma Illya event or perhaps more enjoyable similar to the Kara no Kyoukai event.

Welp, with the Prisma Illya event ending in two hours, looks like I won't be getting the best 4-star Archer. At least I still have David and Robin Hood for strong single-target NP Archers.

Hopefully, Nero Fest will turn out to be a more enjoyable event to grind through.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ah, from pretty Japanese boys to muscled Russian women. You're really moving up in the world. :laugh:
For those who don't understand, we recently talked about Mizutsune, where all of the Mizutsune you fight in Generations are male. Now to add onto that, all of the Gammoth you fight in Generations are female. So yeah, from pretty Japanese boys to muscled Russian women. :laugh:
Oh, they are girls? I didnt know that. I knew Mitzu was all male but I didnt know All Gammoths were female

well she kicked my ass

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
*Me when the Prisma Illya event in Fate/Grand Order began:*

"All right, I might've failed to get Summer Artoria in Fate/Grand Order, but I can just play through the Prisma Illya event coming up and get myself an NP5 Chloe von Einzbern since she's a good 4-star alternative to Summer Artoria."

"This event is a mission-style event like the Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero events? First one was good, second one was meh, but hey I don't think it should be that bad. Time to get that NP5 Chloe and a bunch of Mana Prisms to replenish my amount from losing most of them last month!"

*Me after finishing the main story in Fate/GO's Prisma Illya event:*

>Literally lost a lot of motivation to complete 40 more missions upon learning how much you need to grind just to get an NP5 Chloe and all her Ascension Materials, ultimately ending up not even getting NP5 Chloe or any of her Ascension materials.

Yep, I ended up taking a 180 in motivation the more I got into this event.

I think I can attribute that to the way how this event was played out. You've got raid battles as the boss battles, but this time, you are interrupted by these episode counters that force you to complete some other missions before you can progress into the battle. That kinda ruined the emersion for me. Add to the grindy layout of unlocking materials and the really mediocre story of this event, and that also contributed to my loss of motivation.

Something tells me these 100 mission-like formats in certain Fate/Grand Order kinda fall flat. Fate/Zero's event ended up being quite grindy, but at least it had an enjoyable story. Still, I ended up not completing most of the event because of the grindy gameplay (along with the fact I wasn't that interested in getting an NP5 Irisviel since she is apparently one of the more lackluster welfare servants).

But the Kara no Kyoukai event followed a similar format, and I felt more motivated throughout the event to the point I nearly completed all the missions. I guess the Kara no Kyoukai event handled it the best because, on top of having an enjoyable story, it felt like there was a nice "flow" with the way you progressed through it to unlock more missions and battles, and I felt like that "flow" was lacking in the Fate/Zero event and especially in the Prisma Illya event.

I only wonder if future mission-based special events in Fate/Grand Order will be as grindy and dull as the Prisma Illya event or perhaps more enjoyable similar to the Kara no Kyoukai event.

Welp, with the Prisma Illya event ending in two hours, looks like I won't be getting the best 4-star Archer. At least I still have David and Robin Hood for strong single-target NP Archers.

Hopefully, Nero Fest will turn out to be a more enjoyable event to grind through.
I managed to, although it took alot of apples due to the fact that during half the event, I was focusing on the Overwatch event.

I can definitely understand the lose of motivation with the Raid Battle flow. The actual sad thing about you stopping is that the issue you had with unlocking the next parts of the Raid Battles is not an issue with the Part 2 Raid battles with the Four Gentlemen and the Last boss. The Part 2 Raids actually removed the unlocking, or at least, none of them gave me any new missions to unlock later parts and I was able to do them all in a row without needing to grind.
The only real issue with the Raids is that the Bosses have a ton of HP compared to the old ones, especially the last boss who has over a million HP during the last fight and even goes mini-Mordred during that phase, with them getting a Full NP Bar at the beginning(combined with THREE NP STRENGTH BOOSTS when they use their NP), but only that time compared to every turn.

As for Kuro, she is a mini-Swimsuit Arthuria and with good reason. She gets a lot of hits on her Arts cards that increase her NP by a whole ton, but her NP itself, despite being Arts, hardly charges up NP. She gets her 5 hits and ton of damage, but compared to Arthuria, who can reach 50-80% NP back with her NP alone, Kuro, even with Projection Boost+Arts boost or NP Gain boost, doesn't even give her over 20%. Kuro hugely relies on her Normal Arts cards whereas Arthuria and her NP, Arts and even Quick cards when used after an Arts card give her a good deal of NP.

And don't expect much from Nero Fest. Last year, Nero Fest was nothing but pure grind with no story. I think the newer ones do add scenes involving the Servants you fight(as I remember something about a scene where Jeanne wants to go to somewhere with Jeanne Alter and Alter has a hissy fit while regular Jeanne drags Alter with her. I think this was during the newer Nero Fest), but is still pretty much grind. That being said, you don't need to worry about Missions or Raids.
Oh, they are girls? I didnt know that. I knew Mitzu was all male but I didnt know All Gammoths were female

well she kicked my ***
It's actually an interesting detail regarding the "Elite Four" of Generations. All Mizutsunes, Astalos' and Glavenus' you fight are Males while all Gammoths are female.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
>Not Larcei
Im safe.
Hey! Quan! Now Quan can fight alongside his son Leif like Sigurd with Seliph and Eldigan with Ares!

And good lord, Lewyn is frickin busted! First off, he has a +3 SPD weapon and Swift Sparrow 2, and being the first Male to have Swift Sparrow 2. Now here's the thing! His weapon allows him to do Desperation 3, but when he's ABOVE 50% HEALTH! He can frickin' follow-up before any Ranged foe OR Distant Counter foe can attack him if he's at Full HP!
And he has Ares' Dark Mystletainn effect as a B-skill! Meaning he can not only have a Special ready, but he can follow-up AND Special attack while being able to attack the foe twice at above 50% HP before the foe can counterattack!

And that B-skill....if that is inheritable....Reinhardt may have become the most broken character! I mean, for lord's sake, the B-skill is already on a Ranged unit! Can you imagine.....Reinhardt.....being able to use a 3-charge skill like Draconic Aura, everytime he attacks?!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm really not sure how to feel about the Adventure Time series finale. On one hand, there was tons of amazing development, an awesomely dark and compelling villain, and a rather beautifully done bittersweet ending. On the other hand, I feel like there were plenty of missed opportunities, especially in regards to a few things previous episodes seemed to be leading up to, and I always can't help but wonder if the finale had more running time if certain things could've been better addressed, and give a little more focus on some of the other important/supporting characters.

All in all, however....... it's nice but naturally sad to see the show's over. It hit a few bumps at times, but it wouldn't have lasted eight years if it weren't a major success. I still think this is one of the CN's greatest shows ever made. It's great overall, but it's made some breakthroughs for western animation and has definitely left some impacts on it, too. I'm glad to know the show has been so successful for so long.

Thanks for all the adventures and memories, AT crew.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And don't expect much from Nero Fest. Last year, Nero Fest was nothing but pure grind with no story. I think the newer ones do add scenes involving the Servants you fight(as I remember something about a scene where Jeanne wants to go to somewhere with Jeanne Alter and Alter has a hissy fit while regular Jeanne drags Alter with her. I think this was during the newer Nero Fest), but is still pretty much grind. That being said, you don't need to worry about Missions or Raids.
So Nero Fest is another grindy event? Well shucks.

I just hope the Nero Fest will at least allow you to get a hefty number of Mana Prisms easily at the very least.

>Not Larcei
Im safe.
Oh hey, Loki! I saw you in one of the new story maps!

Yep, that story prediction everyone made is looking to be pretty true. My guess is that this fight with Loki happens right after we learn she's the one who infiltrated the Askr group and disguised herself as Ylgr.

As for the banner itself, I'm not too interested. Quon and Lewyn looking pretty cool, but I'm that interested in pulling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom