• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tag your spoilers. Tag your leaks too. The thread title is going to be changed back for good reasons. And no, this whole "they deserve everything coming to them" stuff won't be allowed here. Show some maturity. People mess up. That does not justify any kind of uncivil behavior. Ever.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like there's only 39 minutes until the Nintendo Direct airs. I won't be able to watch it live since work starts for me the moment the Direct airs, and I won't be able to watch it until I get home around 4:00. Looks like I'll have to avoid Smashboards and any other Nintendo themed website for these next few hours.

I'm heading shortly. To those who will be watching it live, I hope you all have fun!

D

Deleted member

I know the news is already there, but I will ensure I put it in a spoiler. I did not spoil anything else in any other social media.
If I accidentally see another big thing ( In which I do not want to ), I will put it in a spoiler.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, what are your last minute predictions?

(Not in any particular order)
  • Newcomer reveal (already have a decent idea on who it is).
  • 1 or 2 Echo Fighters are shown.
  • Confirmation of the rest of the returning stages.
  • New modes, the new “interesting” way to unlock fighters will be revealed.
  • Smash Run will return and will be greatly enhanced.
  • The Great Deconfrimation Segment of 2018 (Assist Trophies)
  • A look at some of the new stages.
  • amiibo!
  • Something completely surprising.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

• amiibo!
Hoping for a character at the start and end.

The leak probably confirmed one, but I feel Ashley could happen.

Japan is not to happy with current reveals from posts I saw yesterday so having someone who appeals to them show up here makes sense. So I’m thinking Ashley could happen for that.

Also hope we see some cool ideas for new stages and maybe an adventure mode

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tag your spoilers. Tag your leaks too. The thread title is going to be changed back for good reasons. And no, this whole "they deserve everything coming to them" stuff won't be allowed here. Show some maturity. People mess up. That does not justify any kind of uncivil behavior. Ever.
And yet you seemed to agree with IsmaR's post, and even liked it.
IsmaR said:
I'm of the opinion you shouldn't be on the Internet without using extreme caution in the first place if you want to avoid spoilers. But there's no wrong or right opinion on the matter. That said, comments like these:

Were still taking it too far in my eyes. If you have problems with anything in the future, report it to be edited/removed instead of resorting to insults/demands in a manner like this.
I'm getting conflicting messages here.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile I am watching ZeRo and Nairo duke it off.
:4mario: vs :4falcon:is fun to watch.

D

Deleted member

• amiibo!
  • New and returning stages. Showing off some of the stages that were confirmed through trailer footage but not properly presented(N'S CASTLE!!!)
  • Classic Mode showcased
  • New Adventure mode: one stage for each universe in the game. "But of course, we can't show you all the stages just yet"
  • New gimmicky mode, like Master/Crazy Orders or Smash Tour
  • Target Smash is back baybe
  • Assist Trophies. Assist Trophies everywhere.
  • Two/Three new Echo Fighters. My bet is on Chrom, Dark Samus and/or Shadow as it has always been(despite my meme from yesterday)
  • Newcomer trailer, Sakurai goes into detail on how they work
  • Direct ends with the leaked newcomer trailer

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And yet you seemed to agree with IsmaR's post, and even liked it.

I'm getting conflicting messages here.
That people should not flame others no matter what and that spoiler tags need to exist. And that leaks should not be in the forum title or unspoiled.

Shiny made an error. So did Praline. And Zinith. That's the point. People screwed up. There is no use being uncivil towards others when they make an error. It's far easier to report an issue like untagged spoilers(or not being in spoilers with leaks/major spoilers) and let the moderation fix it. I'm not sure what's so conflicting here. It's basically being respectful to others, including not putting up spoilers people don't want to see.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*wakes up to internet in strange mixture of anger at being spoiled about something and mildly hyped shock*

Well, that's unexpected.

But who it was isn't.

Was I the only one who felt like he was a top third party candidate before Verge started yapping about it?

...Yes?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Really hope there's going to be more than one reveal here. Otherwise it's going to be like the June 2015 Direct when we knew what was going to happen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That people should not flame others no matter what and that spoiler tags need to exist. And that leaks should not be in the forum title or unspoiled.

Shiny made an error. So did Praline. And Zinith. That's the point. People screwed up. There is no use being uncivil towards others when they make an error. It's far easier to report an issue like untagged spoilers(or not being in spoilers with leaks/major spoilers) and let the moderation fix it. I'm not sure what's so conflicting here. It's basically being respectful to others, including not putting up spoilers people don't want to see.
But that's the thing. She even said "there's no right or wrong answer," but you're of the belief that there IS one. That's what's conflicting about it.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Good morning everyone.

I'm looking forward to the Smash Direct later, but I doubt I will be able to see it when it starts.

I would also like to mention (before the Direct starts) that today is my birthday!

I'm not going to be available for most of the day, so now is pretty much the best time for me to mention it.
Happy birthday DJ heres hoping the Direct (obvs lol) comes to a great start!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really hope there's going to be more than one reveal here. Otherwise it's going to be like the June 2015 Direct when we knew what was going to happen.
What was worse was that not only were all 3 characters leaked but hackers managed to play them before that direct ruining it even more

D

Deleted member

While I do agree that spoilers and leaks should be tagged in the thread, I also agree with Opossum that some people were acting like a jerk.
I did not know that you all did not want to be shown leaks without spoilers, therefore you all should of not bashed Zinith and I for it. It was just a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I do agree that spoilers and leaks should be tagged in the thread, I also agree with Opossum that some people were acting like a jerk.
I did not know that you all did not want to be shown leaks without spoilers, therefore you all should of not bashed Zinith and I for it. It was just a mistake.

If I did not know about it, than there is no reason to act like a jerk.
I mean I wasn't naming names, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I never really considered Simon before the leak because I always believed we wouldn't even get Snake back due to ****onami.
Considering we did get Snake back AND a Bomberman assist, I bet that Sakurai had to go through some hoops to get the rights so he just said "**** it, give me the Belmont as well".
I mean, if you're gonna go through the trouble of negotiating with Konami to get Snake after the... whole thing... you might as well come back with pockets full.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What was worse was that not only were all 3 characters leaked but hackers managed to play them before that direct ruining it even more
Well actually it was just Roy and Ryu who were leaked.

And I believe said leak happened because the update might have gotten updated earlier. I mean the one that happened literally the day before.

D

Deleted member

Will we ever get a Robin-tier reveal again? Like, Mega Man's reveal got me real hyped back in Smash 4 but I didn't have to deal with 1 year of a leak saying "no, this is what's gonna happen, deal with it" before Sakurai going "welcome to the show folks, where everything you think you know is a lie!"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But that's the thing. She even said "there's no right or wrong answer," but you're of the belief that there IS one. That's what's conflicting about it.
That's fair.

That said, with the direct coming up, we don't want anyone possibly spoilered by a true leak, so it should be in spoilers anyway. This is so others can enjoy it fully. I'm enforcing this at this time to avoid people being unable to enjoy the direct due to too much real information. It ruins hype, and that's not fair. Trust me, I've been spoiled on some pretty dumb stuff before, and it really can ruin a work for someone. So it's best to stick with spoilers.

Though I think the point was more "there's no easy way to go about it, as it's a matter of opinion". As a mod of this section, I feel it's better to err on the side of caution for the rest of the members. :)

D

Deleted member

Inb4 they leaked the music track on purpose to **** up with everyone

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Inb4 they leaked the music track on purpose to **** up with everyone
Honestly, with leakers ruining the hype for people at times? I could see Sakurai doing it too. Though I don't think he's nearly that petty. I mean, he's stubborn, but...

D

Deleted member

Sorry for yelling, loool.
I hope everyone has a good time watching the direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm betting that at least one popular character request will be shown as an Assist/Poké Ball/Final Smash/Other NPC Role. I think it'll be...

*spins wheel*

...Ashley.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Really, even with the leak, since it's been so long since we got anything new to see, I'm still excited to have something others than freakin' words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom