• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's a genuinely stupid theory, like most "it was all a dream" theories are, and it ignores blatant evidence to the contrary. Like, you know, the fact that world doesn't disappear after Majora is defeated.
I have always hated "It is all a dream." or "It is in their imagination." as well as "They are in a coma." type of theories.
Almost all of those theories have weak evidence.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My headcanon is that Majora's Mask is the aftermath of someone spiking Link's Lon Lon Milk.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now you got me interested... go for it!

He does. Shish still follows me. I love that guy!
Off of the top of my head
Both of the Metroid theories are false, the Morph Ball is deemed useless by Matpat because people can crawl up into a tiny shape if they're limber enough. Matpat conveniently forgets the Morph Ball allows Samus to do that in an incredibly bulky suit of armour and it's mobility being a LOT better than a cramped up person. The Metroid Fusion animal theory is debunked by a SINGLE line of text from the Computer, saying that it scanned them and it didn't have X Parasites. The entirely of the Ace Attorney video is wrong as it accuses Pheonix of hiding glass shards and the nite with Maya's name on it while claiming Pheonix is a creep for touching a dead body and not calling the police. Gumshoe literally finds the note on the floor and Pheonix tried to call the police but the phone was cut off and who WOULDN'T check to see if their friend was ok? Matpat also claims that Edgeworth having no idea about some evidence or the bell boy is illegal due ti American laws. Not only is the world of Ace Attorney a fictional world that's a parody of Japan's laws, literally every prosecutor does the same thing, the judge NEVER gives anyone crap for 'breaking the law' with the evidence and Edgeworth actually DID know about the Bell boy and manipulated his testimony. Matpat once tried to measure Chun Li's official height for the Spinning Bird Kick video yet he himself mentions her size changes from game to game, meaning the calculations would need to change each and every game. He claims Wario is 10 feet tall in the fart video, he claims Kirby's likely filled with liquid but there's more evidence to suggest Kirby is filled with air, almost everything with the Sans is Ness video, Matpat claims there's no Peach toy in the Mario VS DK series WHILE A PEACH TOY APPEARS ON THE SCREEN HOW DO YOU MISS THAT, Matpat claims Mario never thanks Luigi in Mario is Missing, yet if you look at the ending of that game, Matpat conveniently left out the fade to black and then a "THANK YOU!" screen, Matpat claims Luigi genuinely hates Mario because of Super Paper Mario and how hypnosis works and while he's right in hypnosis, Super Paper Mario has BRAINWASHING. There's also how if Matpat's going to treat every Mario series as one universe, he needs to acknowledge Dream Team in which you literally get to be in Luigi's subconscious mind and he would do anything for his beloved brother. In one of his Pokemon videos he tries to connect a timeline because of a berry item description in Gen V changing to mentioning how the berry is rare, however, a future generation changed it again saying the berry is rare in the Unova region specifically, where Gen V takes place. In the Zootopia video, Matpat claims the lion president gets away scott free with his crimes. This is flatout false, he's last seen in jail and admits what he did was wrong, but for the right reason and we never see him out of the jail afterwards
That's all I know from the top of my head

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Basically it was an illusion conjured by Majora's Mask that disappears after it's defeated.

Or at least that's the writer's interpretation of the events in the game.

Personally I just don't like when things pull the "oh everything is fake, actually" twist because it's so lazy and makes the journey extremely pointless for the sake of a "gotcha".
Well, something to note about where the details Termina being all in Skull Kids head, it didn't actually come from any of the Zelda devs, so basically discard this info, its a secondary source. So unless Anouma comes out and says Termina never existed, ignore that info.

Shish is such a good boyfriend that both males and females are screaming to get his attention.
No Shiny. Just no.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Doesn't care about Soccer
>But Argentina ate **** today

IceCube_Today_was_a_good_day.jpg

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Apparently the explanation they gave is that Termina disappeared after Link left the land.

Still BS either way. Really wish they wouldn't tamper with the Zelda lore like that.
This is why Death of the Author is a thing.

The game itself clearly says the exact opposite of what these years later retcons do. They explicitly show you Skull Kid's backstory, multiple times, where he exists in a pre-mask acquisition Termina.

The dumb "parallel world", "it's all a dream" and "link is dead" theories all stem from a need to explain why some people in Termina look like some people in Hyrule, which is completely unnecessary given the context of the game. (It's quite notable to me one of the first things Link does is mistake Tatl for Navi, only for him to never mistake anybody in Termina as their Hylian "counterpart").

D

Deleted member

I really can't leave you guys alone, can I?

Also, yes, I get it now, L-Cancelling was intentional, there have been at least 5 replies to that effect.
Because sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
But bliss is boring
@Shishœ
I am sorry if I upset you. Do not let a 15 year old who hates a lot of stuff make your day bad.

I know it is unlikely I upset you, but I am just trying to be safe and I do not want you thinking I am a bad fanboy.

I am not even a Melee fanboy.
What
Because Shishœ reminds me of the uncle that everyone wishes they had.
Oh god I do not like where this is going
I guess Shish is the NintenZone boyfriend now.
What do you mean I am THE boyfriend? Do I date all of you?
Shish is such a good boyfriend that both males and females are screaming to get his attention.
You know what, I'm okay with having a harem.
i'll dig it

guy got good tastes
See? Natz knows how it really is
Okay, I know I've always hit on Shisho quite a bit, but what the hell?

No, all mine.
Learn to share, Alucard.
I wanna break up then.
You can't escape the SHOE
I always though Shish was more of a kuudere?
What is a kuudere tho?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know what I think Termina is?
A separate location intended to be an expansion of Hyrule, but ended up being its own thing. Mostly due to the N64DD sucking and yet getting the ONLY SEQUEL TO MARIO PAINT.
It's horse**** I tells ya.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is why Death of the Author is a thing.

The game itself clearly says the exact opposite of what these years later retcons do. They explicitly show you Skull Kid's backstory, multiple times, where he exists in a pre-mask acquisition Termina.

The dumb "parallel world", "it's all a dream" and "link is dead" theories all stem from a need to explain why some people in Termina look like some people in Hyrule, which is completely unnecessary given the context of the game. (It's quite notable to me one of the first things Link does is mistake Tatl for Navi, only for him to never mistake anybody in Termina as their Hylian "counterpart").
Yeah these "retcons" they've added in seem more to do with "shock value" and "hey did you know this is what actually happened?" to make the book look more interesting.

Either way i'm not going to buy it. According to Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily it's a secondary source. Think it might have been Nintendo Dream coming up with that (correct me if i'm wrong Lily).

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You know what I think Termina is?
A separate location intended to be an expansion of Hyrule, but ended up being its own thing. Mostly due to the N64DD sucking and yet getting the ONLY SEQUEL TO MARIO PAINT.
It's horse**** I tells ya.
It's painfully obvious to me Termina was intended to be the missing piece of Hyrule. The coastline of Hyrule has always sat on the Eastern side. Then comes a game where the coastline is on the Western side, and the topographical elements of the "border" line up quite well, too, with a forest/swamp in the south, a desert/canyon in the middle and a mountain range in the north. (Add to this the fact that Twilight Princess added Snowhead to the map right where that snowy mountain range in Termina would end).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
holy ****....i had to walk around outside in 42 degree weather and i feel ****ing baked

my whole face is sunburned, my body is upset, and everything is overheating, ****
I look back on Smashboards and my American head is instantly confused oh no

Starlight_Lily

I wish it was the way it was as a parallel world to Hyrule. The way it should have been,
Pretty sure the MM manual stated that Termina was a parallel world to Hyrule.

Yeah these "retcons" they've added in seem more to do with "shock value" and "hey did you know this is what actually happened?" to make the book look more interesting.

Either way i'm not going to buy it. According to Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily it's a secondary source. Think it might have been Nintendo Dream coming up with that (correct me if i'm wrong Lily).
Yes, pretty sure it was secondary info. vaanrose vaanrose will probably know 100% if it is a secondary source.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Forces Me To Not Play His Game Because His Game Will Not Detect Any Of My Controllers.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Pretty sure the MM manual stated that Termina was a parallel world to Hyrule.

Yes, pretty sure it was secondary info. vaanrose vaanrose will probably know 100% if it is a secondary source.
To be honest, I was so burned by how awful Hyrule Historia was that I pretty much stopped following the Zelda lore altogether.

However, the Japanese text is not explicit on the "parallel" description. Termina is always referred to as "another" world in the Japanese MM manual, and even in Hyrule Historia.

Starlight_Lily

To be honest, I was so burned by how awful Hyrule Historia was that I pretty much stopped following the Zelda lore altogether.

However, the Japanese text is not explicit on the "parallel" description. Termina is always referred to as "another" world in the Japanese MM manual, and even in Hyrule Historia.
Kay.

More meant you'd probably know if the Nintendo Dream stuff was secondary on not. Its been a long time since I did any Zelda lore theorising.

I basically stopped following it because everyone seems to either want to turn OoT Zelda into a genocidal maniac, or say Hylians were totally evil all along, which I find are just as hacky as the everything was a comma, dream in their head theories.

Either way, I just know its best not to trust any stuff that doesn't come directly from the games or one of the Zelda dev's mouths or design notes. Cause I still remember one of the ALTTP guides saying Link nearly killed Zelda, when he went to rescue her.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
When it comes to discussing text. I am very much against Word of God as the be-all, end-all approach, especially when the project is huge team effort the way a video game is. It's more important to look at what the text itself says, because often it's directly against what the author says it was supposed to say.

For example, I will never let go of the OoT "theory" that the Sheikah were mass-murdering, shadow God worshipping cultists and that they were the enemy of the war that occurred ten years before the game began, which resulted in the death of Link's parents and him being given to the Deku Tree for safe care. I don't care how many prequels come out that say the Sheikah have been protecting the Hyrule royal line since before there even was a Hyrule royal line. If you remove the idea that the Sheikah were cultists, you're left with no explanation for the torture chamber under Kakariko or Impa's connection with the Shadow temple, and there's literally no one left in Hyrule for the King, Ganondorf, Darunia and Zora to unite together and fight against, which is a major element to their backstory of the entire game.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to discussing text. I am very much against Word of God as the be-all, end-all approach, especially when the project is huge team effort the way a video game is. It's more important to look at what the text itself says, because often it's directly against what the author says it was supposed to say.

For example, I will never let go of the OoT "theory" that the Sheikah were mass-murdering, shadow God worshipping cultists and that they were the enemy of the war that occurred ten years before the game began, which resulted in the death of Link's parents and him being given to the Deku Tree for safe care. I don't care how many prequels come out that say the Sheikah have been protecting the Hyrule royal line since before there even was a Hyrule royal line. If you remove the idea that the Sheikah were cultists, you're left with no explanation for the torture chamber under Kakariko or Impa's connection with the Shadow temple, and there's literally no one left in Hyrule for the King, Ganondorf, Darunia and Zora to unite together and fight against, which is a major element to their backstory of the entire game.
But how does that explain Impa becoming Zelda's bodyguard?

Starlight_Lily

You say that, but I'm pretty sure the game hinted that it was the Gerudo who were the ones that caused a lot of the war, pre-OoT

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I must have missed something cause I don’t know where you got any of this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Kinda reminds me of a theory video Lockstin did. IIRC there were some holes in it but it was decently entertaining. One part of it relied on the Sheikah, or at least some of them, being scheming worshippers of a mad god.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The pre-Skyward Sword Sheikah are my favorite element of the entire franchise, and the cleansing of them as characters is one of the things that turns me off of the newer games.

Allow me to get especially nerdy with you lot here.

The Sheikah Eye remains one of my favorite symbols in the franchise, and it's not just because it looks cool. It's because it's one of the most well thought out icons in a fictional world I've ever seen.

The proto-Sheikah Eye makes its debut in AlttP, as the symbol of Agahnim. But there's a distinct difference between it and the eye symbol found in OoT. It lacks the tear.

Come OoT, Impa now wears the same symbol, but with a tear. It later appears on Sheik, who, like Agahnim, covers his face with robes. We learn Impa built Kakariko Village, and we later discover Kakariko is built on the remains of a torture dungeon, and sits right next door to the Shadow Temple. This is all intentional. Attentive players will be put off by Impa and especially Sheik, because of the intentional similarities drawn to the villain of the previous game.
But it turns out to be a meta twist. They're the good guys.

I'll come back to OoT in minute, but for now let's segue to Twilight Princess to get a clearer picture of the narrative. In TP, we learn of the Interlopers, a mysterious race of shadow people who, decades ago, attempted to take over Hyrule and steal the Triforce. The game never explicitly says the Interlopers are the Sheikah, but it hints at it at every opportunity. On the back of Zant's throne room, and the on the back of Midna's helmet, we can find the Agahnim version of the eye, sans tear.

The implication is abundantly clear. The Sheikah were not good people. They attempted to take the Triforce for themselves. They built underground torture dungeons and temples to the shadow gods. Most of them were banished to the Twilight Realm, while a select few stayed. Those select few swore fealty to the Hyrule Kingdom, and adorned their Eye with the Tear, a representation of guilt.

Back to OoT specifically. Bongo Bongo is the shadow god that the Sheikah followed. His giant eye is literally the Evil Eye symbol.

Those "spikes" around the Sheikah eye are in fact the strands of flesh coming off Bongo Bongo's decapitated neck.

The backstory of OoT talks about a recent war, where King Hyrule unified all the peoples of Hyrule to win the war. Notably absent from OoT is anybody for the peoples of Hyrule to fight in this war. The idea that it was the Gerudo doesn't gel with the fact that Ganondorf's help in ending the war is what gets him close to the king in the first place.

The backstory of TP talks about the attack on the Sacred Realm by the Internlopers, and in AlttP, we learn that when word of the Triforce first spread, it caused a civil war where the people of Hyrule all fought to seize its power.

I believe all three of these events are the same thing.

So, just prior to OoT, the Sheikah, a race of dark, shadow people, learn of the Triforce's location in the Sacred Realm, and attempt to take it for themselves. They most likely use the Mask of Truth (notable again in that it features the tear-less Eye symbol) to learn how to gain access to the Sacred Realm. And they definitely use Bongo Bongo's power in their attempt to seize the Triforce.

They King of Hyrule, with the the help of Darunia, Zora and Ganondorf, fight back the attack of the Sheikah, and at some point, Impa turns on the other Sheikah and seals Bongo Bongo in the dungeon under Kakariko. This is enough to convince the King to spare her.

The Sheikah interlopers are defeated and sealed in the Twilight Realm for their crimes. Impa is spared, builds Kakariko Village for the Hylians as a show of good faith, and swears fealty to the King and is placed as the princess's bodyguard.

And to clearly denounce her old ways, she adorns the Evil Eye with the tear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom