• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Holy flying chestnuts, Ember Moon has without a doubt one of the best women's finishers in wrestling ever

HOW do you NOT sell a move that wicked

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh boy you all aren’t ready for these leaks for smash:
http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753624873.png

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753769180.png

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753708068.png

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753050897.png

Linked due to language. But probably fake. Althlee is kind of interesting though, summoner captain toad is wtf

And ******* steene doesn’t sound that cool but hopefully there would be another Pokémon rep.

People were claiming it could be real on 4chan Pokémon due to the new dk voice in rabbids and mention of a new voice here.

I doubt it but it has ridley too so how do you all feel about this?
The thing that makes me highly doubt is that it mentioned no Regular Kirby, but there's Kirby in the Robobot Armor. And I see it trying to mention Sakurai bias for having 2 Kirbys and I'm like, "You don't know Sakurai Bias, my friend."

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I beat the second chapter of Dragon Quest Builders yesterday, and uh,

1. The single player just feels like a long, tedious several dozen hour leadup to having all the toys for sandbox mode, the latter being made infinitely better by the Switch-only mount that's basically super speed, double jump, and featherfall packed into a single adorable package

And 2.,

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY DARK

Like I'm coming off of a six month Skyrim binge where death is dime a dozen and there's tragic corpses everywhere and I'm just going "geez."

The third chapter starting with a cockney coward bodybuilder from the local La Resistance is a welcome respite. Just sheesh.

D

Deleted member

Woody Harrelson
Who is that again
So do you though
No, I actually don't
Oh boy you all aren’t ready for these leaks for smash:
http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753624873.png

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753769180.png

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753708068.png

http://is2.4chan.org/vp/1528753050897.png

Linked due to language. But probably fake. Althlee is kind of interesting though, summoner captain toad is wtf

And ******* steene doesn’t sound that cool but hopefully there would be another Pokémon rep.

People were claiming it could be real on 4chan Pokémon due to the new dk voice in rabbids and mention of a new voice here.

I doubt it but it has ridley too so how do you all feel about this?
>Little Mac
>"Still broken"
Fake and straight

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was gifting it to many people and left Warchamp7 Warchamp7 out so he just said "**** you NSG," and took it away.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gifting was removed. Sorry.
Oh for ****'s sake first you get rid of all of Premium's benefits then you remove that. Does the site WANT to lose money? Considering the site's STILL ****ed up and hasn't been fixed for the update, let alone prepared for what'll happen in 15 hours, the people who thought any of this was a good idea need to be ashamed of themselves

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh for ****'s sake first you get rid of all of Premium's benefits then you remove that. Does the site WANT to lose money? Considering the site's STILL ****ed up and hasn't been fixed for the update, let alone prepared for what'll happen in 15 hours, the people who thought any of this was a good idea need to be ashamed of themselves
Chill out Gwen we're still early in the update. Maybe they just haven't worked out all the kinks.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Please don't use Blender, or Gimp, or any other free program.
I disagree with this for a few reasons.

First off, different programs excel at different things. For high quality animation and rigging, Maya is the best, no arguments here. A friend of mine moved from Blender to Maya as he's animating for films, and he's never looked back. However, Blender and 3DS Max are known to have better, faster workflow for pure modelling, especially for architecture and the like. That's hugely relevant for level design in games. Additionally, Blender is getting a new real-time rendering engine called Eevee (no, not the Pokémon :V) in Blender 2.8 that will be replacing Blender Internal. Maya on the other hand is pretty limited in that regard (you can get real-time rendering but I hear it's awkward to do and not really worth the hassle as it's subpar). The benefit of real-time rendering is of course speed, as it allows you to see what your animations look like in a "production" state much more quickly.

Blender also has the benefit of being open source. That means anyone can develop their own code and give the program new functions. This means Blender is the best for making it do EXACTLY what you want if closed-source programs like Maya don't prove good enough for certain tasks and you think you can write code to make Blender do better. Someone may have already written that code for you, and installing new scripts is easy. Even if you primarily use Maya, this can be really useful since porting projects back and forth between Blender and other programs is easy, so you can port your project to Blender, make it do what you want, and port it back to Maya to continue or use that mesh in the finished animation or what have you.

Obviously this message isn't directed at you on a personal level. If you're using Maya and you feel it's all you need for your purposes, then more power to you, I'm definitely not here to tell you that you shouldn't use Maya. And you're right in that Maya is the one that the industry juggernauts are using, meaning if you want to work for them specifically as a game's artist, you should focus on Maya. But I think everyone should research each option and see which one (or more, as some people need more than one program) is best for their purposes, which is why I think it's not a good idea to tell people not to use other programs. Ideally, you should have all of the best ones installed and train yourself a bit in all of them, even if one of them is your main one.

However, I will agree with you 100% on ditching GIMP for Photoshop. Photoshop, especially in combination with Illustrator, is just objectively better than GIMP. It does the same thing but way better and easier. When I was in a course last year, they were trying to train the class in GIMP. It took them over 20 minutes to do something in GIMP. It took me 2 minutes on my laptop in Photoshop.

And I'll say this to you personally. If you want to be a games artist, apply to Gnomon. I'd be glad to look at your portfolio and tell you what they look for in applicants. Gnomon is the only art school in the world that will actually prepare you for this field, and it's worth every cent. Each year they have between a 97 to 100% job placement rate, and these aren't just average jobs, these are the big name jobs people actually aspire to get when they choose to enter this field.
I'm not specifically looking to be a games artist. I want to make my own games, or at least play some role in mechanics and level design on someone else's game. Main thing I want to train myself in is level design theory and learning the likes of UE4 and Unity at the moment (that's also why I'm learning to mod games such as Sonic Generations, to give myself a hobby in the field too), though 3D modelling and image editing are probably the best strengths I have at the moment as they were the least limited skills by the laptop I had for the last four or five years. They will also be very useful for learning level design.

I will read up on Gnomon later though, thanks for the tip.

For now, though, 10 minutes to Sony's E3 conference. Let's see what they've got. :V

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Looking forward to seeing what Sony brings to the table.

Also expecting to be 100% confused at whatever Death Stranding is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking forward to seeing what Sony brings to the table.

Also expecting to be 100% confused at whatever Death Stranding is.
Considering that there's STILL no gameplay, that game ain't ****.

I want to see some Super Villains in Spider-Man PS4: Thiwppin' It and Hittin' It!! I think Green Goblin might make it in. But I'm also really hoping for Venom.

This pre event music for Sony is pretty good!
Reminds me a little bit of an Adult Swim bumper.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Although I think Sony's best stuff is gonna be at PSX, given previous statements from them. I just hope there's at least one other thing that isn't Spider-Man to look forward too. Because I already want that Spider-Man game from day 1.

But I'd be happy if the Black Suit or 2099 were costumes for this one. I already saw the Noir one, so that's a suit I'll mess around with.

RIP looks like i'm never getting premium again after this then. I've only gotten it because y'alla re weird enough to give people who never gave you **** free stuff.
:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom