• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I dunno, I'd imagine it's where you'd see the real crazy stuff.
I mean, I prefer watching the popular ones because a) you get to find out what everyone is talking about and b) you don't have to dig a deep af hole to find it.
Watching bad movies/anime/series is kind of a tradition with my friends at this point because I'm sure half of us are masochists and the other half are sadists that like watching the first half in pain.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm getting a lot of nostalgia for old animated cartoons I watched as a kid, many I never actually saw the whole way through. Wonder if I will ever find the time or motivation to finish them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm getting a lot of nostalgia for old animated cartoons I watched as a kid, many I never actually saw the whole way through. Wonder if I will ever find the time or motivation to finish them.
Yeah I actually got the urge to re-watch the old Digimon Adventure series. I watched it like 15-18 years ago but I remember jack about it now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I actually got the urge to re-watch the old Digimon Adventure series. I watched it like 15-18 years ago but I remember jack about it now.
I've caught up with every season but Data Squad, via Netflix. Hulu for whatever reason is forcing payments to rent Data Squad. I mean, a permanent payment for the entire season is one thing, but renting? Bleh.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*hears the word nostalgia*

*mental images of volcanic storms and small forest critters scurrying away in horror ensue*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've caught up with every season but Data Squad, via Netflix. Hulu for whatever reason is forcing payments to rent Data Squad. I mean, a permanent payment for the entire season is one thing, but renting? Bleh.
I actually never really saw much of Digimon other than Adventure 01 and 02. Was never interested in anything after.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Tamers I know is highly popular. Maybe it was a bit too dark for ya?
IDK why I didn't like it. My child self saw it and was upset that it wasn't the Adventure characters anymore?

Kinda weird now that I think about it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
IDK why I didn't like it. My child self saw it and was upset that it wasn't the Adventure characters anymore?

Kinda weird now that I think about it.
Actually, that makes sense. You grew up with established characters. Changes to that turns you off. It's similar with people who stopped watching Power Rangers after MMPR.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Actually, that makes sense. You grew up with established characters. Changes to that turns you off. It's similar with people who stopped watching Power Rangers after MMPR.
Yeah kids are like that kinda.

I also think the aesthetic to that show was different and the tone was foreign to me. I remember watching that and just thinking 'this isn't what I remember".

If I ever get down to a big Digimon re-watch that might be something i'll check out.

D

Deleted member

Guys.... I have made an excellent theory.
In Super Smash Bros. Switch, there will be a Subspace Emissary. In the end, Lucas will grow up to become Johnny Bravo with the power of his dead mother on his side and Claus.
123321.jpg

Red: They both have that fresh hair sticking out.
Green: When children grow, the nose usually gets farther apart from the mouth. Also both mouths look similar: Big oval circles that can change quickly. Like if Lucas smiled, it would look like Johnny Bravo's smile.
Blue: Notice the fingers that have no nails. Johnny Bravo and Lucas have no fingernails. However Lucas has five fingers and Johnny Bravo has four on each hand. Lets say that he used his fingers for missiles to destroy the final boss and to save the entire universe from peril.

DO NOT MESS WITH LUCAS AND SAY THAT HE IS GETTING "CUT", BECAUSE HE WILL FIND YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I just realized most Digimon shows could count as Isekai anime.

To varying degrees anyway.

DigiHarem anime when.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
In Super Smash Bros. Switch, there will be a Subspace Emissary. In the end, Lucas will grow up to become Johnny Bravo with the power of his dead mother on his side and Claus.
View attachment 145451
Green: When children grow, the nose usually gets farther apart from the mouth. Also both mouths look similar: Big oval circles that can change quickly. Like if Lucas smiled, it would look like Johnny Bravo's smile.
Blue: Notice the fingers that have no nails. Johnny Bravo and Lucas have no fingernails. However Lucas has five fingers and Johnny Bravo has four on each hand. Lets say that he used his fingers for missiles to destroy the final boss and to save the entire universe from peril.

DO NOT MESS WITH LUCAS AND SAY THAT HE IS GETTING "CUT", BECAUSE HE WILL FIND YOU.
He's gonna get cut. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*hears the word nostalgia*

*mental images of volcanic storms and small forest critters scurrying away in horror ensue*
I know this is probably just another of your over-the-top "anti-nostalgia" posts, but it's funny you use that exact imagery because one of the shows I've been having fond memories of is Animals of Farthing Wood. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just realized most Digimon shows could count as Isekai anime.

To varying degrees anyway.

DigiHarem anime when.
Think about the whole point of the Fusion Loader.

Yeah kids are like that kinda.

I also think the aesthetic to that show was different and the tone was foreign to me. I remember watching that and just thinking 'this isn't what I remember".

If I ever get down to a big Digimon re-watch that might be something i'll check out.
Good luck finding it official and for free. Hulu is mean like that, outside of Frontier, if I remember right. Netflix removed everything but Fusion.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
View attachment 145451

Relevant...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just beat Team Rocket's final boss in Crystal with a level 31 poliwhirl . . .that's pretty sad Mr. nameless executive.
:061:
Dude I did a whole run of Silver with just Ratta lol. I believe it was the Youngster Joey challenge.
Good luck finding it official and for free. Hulu is mean like that, outside of Frontier, if I remember right. Netflix removed everything but Fusion.
It looks like i'll be searching though the ends of the Earth then lol. I'll find a way somehow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It looks like i'll be searching though the ends of the Earth then lol. I'll find a way somehow.
Good luck. On the other hand, it has the original Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal. I was surprised to not see any MLP stuff. I wonder if it has any Transformers stuff...

D

Deleted member

ZEB
YOUR AVATAR IS SWOLE.
Just beat Team Rocket's final boss in Crystal with a level 31 poliwhirl . . .that's pretty sad Mr. nameless executive.
Congratulations! Poliwhirl is a somewhat strong pokemon but still. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Think about the whole point of the Fusion Loader.

You know what.

You're right.

Also on finding Digimon officially: Crunchyroll has all the seasons subbed up until Frontier.

They're missing Savers, Xros Wars and Young Hunters (also Appmon if you wanna count it)

Of course that's not free.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know this is probably just another of your over-the-top "anti-nostalgia" posts, but it's funny you use that exact imagery because one of the shows I've been having fond memories of is Animals of Farthing Wood. :p
I remembered Bambi about halfway through it and that's probably the source of the imagery to some degree in the first place, LOL.

Well, except for Bambi having a lot more morbid death to it.

I think the book might have taken it to straight up depressing.

Following that stream of thought, no book I was forced to read as a kid will ever be as thoroughly blocked out of my mind as The Red Badge of Courage. I didn't even register in my mind that the protagonist of S.T.E.A.M. came from that until it was straight up spelled out because GEEZ, an entire book about running away from a battle, angsting about being a coward chapter after chapter while desperately trying to hide that they did ditch, and then getting injured with the title drop at the end being the main character rejoicing that they finally got injured because that made him a true man somehow I guess is just. . .uy. How am I supposed to remember character names after that train wreck?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good luck. On the other hand, it has the original Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal. I was surprised to not see any MLP stuff. I wonder if it has any Transformers stuff...
It's probably somewhere scattered in the interwebz somewhere. :)

:245:get

One of my favorite legendaries. If I wasnt already using my boy :061: I might add him to my team simply because I ****ing love Suicune's design.

:061: and :125: were the only pokemon I used which was kind of funny though. hell yeah sleep hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom