• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I keep trying to stay conscious of my posture, and it always feels like I'm overcompensating. I've been doing some planking exercises in the morning as well to help with that.

I'm tired of having neck pains and I'm pretty sure nerd neck is a big reason for that.

D

Deleted member

Raven+ still needs you to get Cecilia to 5*. Might prefer to use those feathers for additional merges or promoting other characters. Or may not have the feathers at all if he needs a build immediately.

This is vs Keen Gronnwolf which just needs to be refined. It's all relative.

Also, Roy isn't that common in my experience. Maybe that's just bad luck.
Any weapon inheritance costs the same, 20k feathers isn't that big of an investment tbh
Well, its actually pretty normal for the **** teenagers in their world experience though :v
I mean, no, not everyone decides to be a hero, gets attacked by villains on a weekly basis and/or was traumatized by their ****ty dads and such.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's a question.

As a guilty pleasure, have you ever watched any super ugu kawai animes just to get the cheap emotional boost from the cutesy parts?

Also Opossum Opossum I want your opinion on something in the PM.
I don’t relly wTch anything outside of Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball and One Punch Man so nah.

D

Deleted member

20k feathers is still more than 0 feathers though.

:v
I mean, yeah, but I wouldn't call it expensive. Gronnwolf is good if all you want is a readily avaible Robin but if you actually plan on using her as a main unit, then the 20k feathers is most definitely worthy considering.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
**** man I’m at the stage where both the story and adventure mode are bodying me. Ugh **** me this game is starting to piss me off.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I work in customer service.

I do it daily and get paid for it.
I work in retail so, yeah, exactly what I'm talking about.
I have had to do this with my mother and my grandmother quite often. Also when I worked retail, I did it with my managers.

My grandmother has eased up on it though, probably because things are actually quite rough for her right now.
I think all my family is the same way I am so I kind of get the vibe when they're doing that to me. Lol

Oof Sorry to hear about your grams. Hopefully things get better.
woth peeps like that, i normaly go blind to them because I found a good meme on my phone or I go deaf to them because ai found a good meme on my phone
No suck thang as gud meme

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I mean, yeah, but I wouldn't call it expensive. Gronnwolf is good if all you want is a readily avaible Robin but if you actually plan on using her as a main unit, then the 20k feathers is most definitely worthy considering.
My friend uses Gronnwolf for his main Robin build. :v

Though right now he's doing some weird/experimental Gronnowl build, which he says is working "decently."

Gronnwolf also has the advantage that it can be further refined for stat bonuses where Gronnraven cannot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a question.

As a guilty pleasure, have you ever watched any super ugu kawai animes just to get the cheap emotional boost from the cutesy parts?

No. I don't typically like those shows on the whole.

Though I might watch or listen to something to get me hype.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I mean, no, not everyone decides to be a hero, gets attacked by villains on a weekly basis and/or was traumatized by their ****ty dads and such.
Well, I obviously meant everyone besides Todoroki, since he's the only one with a confirmed **** dad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's a question.

Nope.
has to have action or horror for me to consider watching it

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a question.

So my favourite anime is actually a little show called Heaven's Lost Property (Sora no Otoshimono). It's an ecchi harem comedy, which is normally my least favourite genre. It looks like this.

So at first glance, it fits what you're describing to a tee.

However, I don't watch it for the "cheap emotional boost". Because here's the thing - there is none. It's actually a legitimately well-crafted show. It's got big breasted babes, a harem for the main male protagonist, and all that jazz you'd expect from the genre...but almost each and every character is multi-layered, the main characters often go through multiple arcs and developments, there's a legitimately interesting story going on behind everything, and even the episodes you'd normally describe as "filler" actually at least spend a little time moving the plot along or developing the characters. The emotional moments of the show are also legitimately heartwarming, and at other times, heartwrenching, and you get attached enough to the characters for those moments to be justified and for them to have weight. Also, in spite of it being raunchy and full of fanservice, the animators oddly do show restraint when it matters. They won't give an unnecessary upskirt during serious scenes and the like. Even stuff that you would think is there purely to be your typical "cute anime girl quirk" actually turns out to have a grander purpose for the character's development and narrative.

And just to illustrate the crazy passion this show has - every single episode has it's own ending animation and song. EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. Of which there are over 20. That's literally about two episodes worth of animation. They didn't have to do that, but they did. Some of the ending animations are silly and goofy, some are related to some of the more emotional shifts in the story. But either way, if this show was just here to make a quick buck with anime tiddies, it would not have done something so outrageous. I actually haven't heard of any other show that has done that.

It unfortunately never properly finished (doesn't go over everything the manga does after a certain point and ends up with a rushed ending that's more bittersweet than the manga's), but what is there is pretty fantastic. Also, the comedy is actually legitimately great, largely helped by the strong cast of characters.

Also the soundtrack is amazing. Like, there aren't many anime where I remember more than the most iconic OP/ED themes. But with HLO, I remember almost the entire soundtrack vividly like my favourite video game OSTs. The only other anime that has come to that level of OST goodness for me is One-Punch Man.

As a fun fact, Ikaros (pink-haired girl above) is the only anime character I have went out of my way to get any official merch for as of yet (I have a Gundam Wing Zero -Endless Waltz Ver.- [Pearl Edition] Master Grade kit, but that's not an actual character). I managed to track down her old Nendoroid that was released years ago when the show was still new, and bought it around last Christmas. She's probably my favourite character in the whole show, and by extension one of my favourite anime characters. I just really needed to have something to represent my love for the show.

So TL;DR - it is a guilty pleasure of sorts due to the surface level fan-service stuff, but that's subverted by the actually compelling characters and narrative. This anime literally has both kinds of "plot".

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Saw Deadpool 2.

I feel it surpasses the first movie in many ways. I was already looking forward to the movie but even then it managed to surprise me. It cranks everything up to eleven from the first film. The film has a sillier sense of humor compared to the first film, which was more dry and sarcastic, but it still manages to be really funny, even with a couple of groaners here and there.

I wish we got some more screentime for certain returning characters (Negasonic Teenage Warhead), but the new characters were still fun. Domino is great and bounces of with Deadpool very well, Cable is also good, if not a little basic.

So yeah, it's a good movie.

Poor Vanessa, she got thrown under the bus so hard.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
my gf like those cutsy wotsy moe garbage and shes all "Lets watch *insert anime here* " and of course I agree but then I lose intrest because Im all "Wheres the action? can we watch something with action or horror next"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Saw Deadpool 2.

I feel it surpasses the first movie in many ways. I was already looking forward to the movie but even then it managed to surprise me. It cranks everything up to eleven from the first film. The film has a sillier sense of humor compared to the first film, which was more dry and sarcastic, but it still manages to be really funny, even with a couple of groaners here and there.

I wish we got some more screentime for certain returning characters (Negasonic Teenage Warhead), but the new characters were still fun. Domino is great and bounces of with Deadpool very well, Cable is also good, if not a little basic.

So yeah, it's a good movie.

Poor Vanessa, she got thrown under the bus so hard.
Did you see the mid-credits scene? I felt that way too, but that scene fixes that and a few other injustices.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My friend uses Gronnwolf for his main Robin build. :v

Though right now he's doing some weird/experimental Gronnowl build, which he says is working "decently."

Gronnwolf also has the advantage that it can be further refined for stat bonuses where Gronnraven cannot.
I'm not saying Raven is better than Wolf, just that it's worth considering for the long run.
Well, I obviously meant everyone besides Todoroki, since he's the only one with a confirmed **** dad.
Todoroki was just an example to other psychological issues like Momo's self-esteem issues or Deku's Mental Trauma Party™.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Did you see the mid-credits scene? I felt that way too, but that scene fixes that and a few other injustices.
I did, and I loved it. The X-Men: Origins and Green Lantern bit were hysterical.

But until a third Deadpool film says otherwise, I don't see that scene as canon, just a couple of fun little scenes.

D

Deleted member

my gf like those cutsy wotsy moe garbage and shes all "Lets watch *insert anime here* " and of course I agree but then I lose intrest because Im all "Wheres the action? can we watch something with anction or horror next"
I'd watch ****ing Oreimo with my gf if she wanted to.
I'd use Eromanga as an example but I have already watched that, unfortunately
#JusticeForPeter

D

Deleted member

Gotcha, fam

You are making me smile.
Have you ever just been talking to someone and you can't get them to shut up so you just start nodding, but they just keep talking and so you start thinking: "How many ****s do I have to pretend to give to get you to shut the hell up?" Or is that just me?
I usually do it different ways. My favorite is to give them the death stare to remind them what they are doing is wrong.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
that is really nice avatar. I might like that one just as much as the cup sipping one.
I already know Medusa is best girl, Shiny :troll:

Well I’m playing them so I can grind so I can beat the story mode. :glare:
Some maps are pretty easy though, notably the first levels of each one, iirc

Should make for a decent grinding spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom