• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
~Inb4 massive fear because of Ben 10 Reboot, PPG Reboot, and TTG~
This actually does not look that bad....
There's at least 8 shows with similar designs. Though to be more specific it looks a lot like Steven Universe and OK K.O. Very rounded and pudgy characters, bean-shaped mouths ect. Maybe it's because I loathe this particular style, but there's not enough variation for me.

At least Gumball has mixed media going for it to make it interesting visually.

Plenty of cartoons these days have quality writing and animation. Even better writing and animation than they used to.

But **** if I hate looking at basically all of them.
I agree with most of this. Though in terms of writing nothing's gotten near Avatar, Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice for me in a good 6 years or so.

Visually, Ultimate Spider-Man I actually enjoyed, I liked the subtle change to Peter's design as the show went on and he got older,(he got a bit buffer, and his jaw is more squarish)

2012 TMNT and Transformers Prime are contenders though, both in visuals and story.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yes, you are right.
There was this guy who told a story about prison, and everyone had to deal with a guy that smelled horrible. The reactions would not be great with that guy. Imagine if you were in a cell with him.

Also I think Smash players and average human beings are aware of taking showers and stuff, and I am sure they do. There was probably an oddball who did not take a shower.
There's way too many of these "oddballs" to be just one guy. I'VE had to put up with this. I repeated my anecdote on the third page of that thread, LOL.

Unless this mysterious stench man that attends every Smash tournament secretly lives in my area, in which case somebody help me track him down so I can hit him with a power hose.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Plenty of cartoons these days have quality writing and animation. Even better writing and animation than they used to.

But **** if I hate looking at basically all of them.
I'm sorry, but I'm not getting what you are saying here (english is not my first language and I get confused at times).

Chrono.

I'm sorry, but I'm not getting what you are saying here (english is not my first language and I get confused at times).
He's basically saying that he hates looking at current cartoons, despite the better quality writing and animation from older ones.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There's at least 8 shows with similar designs. Though to be more specific it looks a lot like Steven Universe and OK K.O. Very rounded and pudgy characters, bean-shaped mouths ect. Maybe it's because I loathe this particular style, but there's not enough variation for me.

At least Gumball has mixed media going for it to make it interesting visually.

I agree with most of this. Though in terms of writing nothing's gotten near Avatar, Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice for me in a good 6 years or so.

Visually, Ultimate Spider-Man I actually enjoyed, I liked the subtle change to Peter's design as the show went on and he got older,(he got a bit buffer, and his jaw is more squarish)

2012 TMNT and Transformers Prime are contenders though, both in visuals and story.
When I first saw spectacular Spider Man I thought it looked really stupid.

But then I watched it

And instantly became furious it ended. It was starting to get really good

Ivander

Smash Legend
I meant that captains are usually classified as Riders because they "ride ships/command crews" like Drake, Blackbeard and Columbus. I have honestly no idea what you said in that reply.
Oh, you're talking about Captain Kidd. Not "Captain" from Fate/Strange Fake. Well, that's apparently the deal with him. He can only be a Saber apparently. Not sure why he can't be a Rider.

And yeah, when you asked about Captain, I thought you were asking about "Captain" from Fate/Strange Fake, which is in progress right now(despite apparently being the 2nd most wanted Anime adaption). Fate/Strange Fake is the novel that has Gilgamesh going against Archer Heracles.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm pretty sure they're saying that they like the writing and animation quality of a lot of modern cartoons, but that the artstyle looks really ugly and off-putting to them.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Off-Topic, but I began thinking of something and then something popped up in my head:

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn looks like he can act like the most evil and cruel villain in the entire universe, but he can not due to him easily getting banned for it. :lol:
You really don't want to keep kissing my ass, Shiny. It smells bad down there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...h-other-to-please-stop-smelling-so-bad.43481/

Daily reminder that God help us all and please, please take daily showers.
You don't usually need one daily even. It depends on the weather and what you've been doing throughout your day. My general routine is a shower every second day, though I will break it if it was a really hot day or I did some physical labour that made me sweat hard. I might even leave it an extra day if I just haven't sweat as much and haven't been going out. If I'm going out, especially with friends, I will always make sure I'm at least a bit cleaned up.

Even a bit of deodorant, and maybe aftershave if you're into that, does wonders in between showers. Really, you just need to be self-aware of your own hygiene. It's a more useful skill than just simply having a routine shower everyday (which may not always be possible).

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Modern cartoons can have better writing and animation than older cartoons, but they're not just pleasing to watch because the art direction is so against my taste.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most often than not, stories will go the route of "man is evil", "humans are not gods" or "you cannot fight nature".
Fate takes all of that and say "**** that, humanity made this history, it may have its flaws and it may be ****ed up, but this is what they all built over ages. Gods ain't got **** on them, humans can and will punch gods in the face because they can't tell them what to do, they decide their own Fate™" and honestly that's such a Mood.
That sounds like 80% of JRPGs though. The whole, "Man has its flaws but we still fight for a better tomorrow." I don't hate that, but its far from uncommon I feel.

When I first saw spectacular Spider Man I thought it looked really stupid.

But then I watched it

And instantly became furious it ended. It was starting to get really good
All good Marvel things are taken from ME...I uh, I mean us. That's what I meant to say.

Also R.I.P Wolverine and the X-Men too.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Confession: Steven Universe's artstyle and character design is one of the reasons I can't fully invest myself on that series.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
He's basically saying that he hates looking at current cartoons, despite the better quality writing and animation from older ones.
Oh, ok! :D Thanks for clarifying!

Well, when it comes to shows that are actually made from the ground up and are new concepts, I get they may be pretty good as I heard about Steven Universe or Star vs. the Forces of something despite the style, however, the reboots that had a source to pick from and turn them into...just 4 TEH LULZ bs like the PPG, TTG and...this one, it hurts to look at and even hear it.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Modern cartoons can have better writing and animation than older cartoons, but they're not just pleasing to watch because the art direction is so against my taste.
Similar to this, I haven't really watched an anime in years where I actually liked the story, but even generic, crappy anime is still often visually appealing.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Confession: Steven Universe's artstyle and character design is one of the reasons I can't fully invest myself on that series.
I mean I feel SU itself doesn't even know what it's own characters look like at times.

I don't think it helps that in this particular case one of the storyboarders got on a high horse and probed the already dodgy fanbase.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean I feel SU itself doesn't even know what it's own characters look like at times.

I don't think it helps that in this particular case one of the storyboarders got on a high horse and probed the already dodgy fanbase.
I mean, being off-model can work, lots of cartoons tend to do that, Ren and Stimpy being a big example.

Though people do enjoy consistency. And I'd like to think there's a balance between consistency and fluidity to still have the animation look nice. Not sure what the issue here is though. This is would be like intentionally having Goku shrink down to Krillin's size every few episodes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, you're talking about Captain Kidd. Not "Captain" from Fate/Strange Fake. Well, that's apparently the deal with him. He can only be a Saber apparently. Not sure why he can't be a Rider.

And yeah, when you asked about Captain, I thought you were asking about "Captain" from Fate/Strange Fake, which is in progress right now(despite apparently being the 2nd most wanted Anime adaption). Fate/Strange Fake is the novel that has Gilgamesh going against Archer Heracles.
Uhm, see the exact part I quoted, I'm talking about Vasco da Gama being a Caster.
That sounds like 80% of JRPGs though. The whole, "Man has its flaws but we still fight for a better tomorrow." I don't hate that, but its far from uncommon I feel.
I, uh, never realized that, actually. Maybe that's part of why I'm such a big JRPG nerd.

We're not going to start this again, are we?
Just, like, look at her feet. This image was forged to make it look like there's a scale ratio when there really isn't, at least not in these cases.

D

Deleted member

People should be banned from tournaments if they stink.
That is a good idea actually.
You could of not said it any better.
I dislike the direction Cartoon Network and Nikelodeon are going with their art. I do not like the cheap, flashy and slapstick art they are going with, and all of the new shows from there LOOKS THE SAME. Like, they really do.
Similar to this, I haven't really watched an anime in years where I actually liked the story, but even generic, crappy anime is still often visually appealing.
Anime's art-style is usually fantastic. The art really helps you connect with the story and so on.

I know this is a controversial opinion, but I think that that the children's cartoons are all very slowly dying, and the children's main attention will be the Internet and Gaming.

Also I feel like we are seeing an increase in anime in this generation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I, uh, never realized that, actually. Maybe that's part of why I'm such a big JRPG nerd.
I mean, I'm a sucker for trash talking heroes who are shown to be both badass and have a soft side. Which is why Spider-Man is actually the GOAT. Flash, Static, Scarlet Spider(Kaine) and Wolverine are top tier too. Sometimes they are also pissed off/strong dorks too, again, Spider-Man being the GOAT, but Gohan, Mega Man X and sorta Future Trunks fit that mold too. We've all got our thing.

Though with a good chunk of JRPGs, the villain isn't usually a deity or super demon right away, but through some circumstance does become one, thus makes judgement on the cast you play as.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On one hand, the new Thundercats looks like every modern CN cartoon, that generic and overly simplistic art style I've gotten tired of.

On the other hand, Studio Yotta is working on it, and they did the Sonic Mania opening and the ongoing Sonic Mania Adventures.

What to think, what to think...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the backside of the amiibo cards I got and I noticed something strange:

card unknown symbol.png

There's a planet like symbol on the top between the Pikmin and Bayonetta symbols that clearly doesn't belong.

Weird

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looking at the backside of the amiibo cards I got and I noticed something strange:

View attachment 145111

There's a planet like symbol on the top between the Pikmin and Bayonetta symbols that clearly doesn't belong.

Weird

Looks like the Freedom Planet logo.

Can't believe I recognised it instantly, lol. I must be a lowkey super fan.

Freedom_Planet_Logo.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Oooh, a decorate-your-own-ice-cream-cake kit! This'll be fun!"

So this is cake.png

. . .

So I guess it's a good thing I never did cake decorating in 4-H as a kid.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Uhm, see the exact part I quoted, I'm talking about Vasco da Gama being a Caster.
I had to re-look at him to get my senses back. Geez...took me too long to get my senses back.

Anyway, I'm not sure why Vasco da Gama isn't a Rider like Columbus, considering they're both explorers. Although I'm wondering if his Caster class might have to do with his Christian background and his "history" with the Muslims. Although than again, anything is possible, considering I don't see why Peter the Cruel is a contender for Caster as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

View attachment 145111

Weird
i dont see what your talking about

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Because you guys are.... fun and acceptable.
Neither does this.

If praline needed attention,
  1. You wouldn't know because she'd be too much of a tsundere to admit it.
  2. She only recently got Premium, so making a thread at a Premium-exclusive place doesn't give her attention
  3. She hangs out here every single day, why not give her the attention here?
And now, you dodge my questions by trying to compliment us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom