• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Horse D or bust
So, you want to see horse dance? Okay, just start your own league, and your dream will comt true.

tbf, thats how most if not all body swap plot lines go. Yuri fan or Yaoi fan, the body that are swapped is always defiled in some way
Still doesn't change the fact in bad me realise just how creepy body swapping premises actually are. I mean I'm reading another manga called Swap Swap, where to girls can swap between each others body, by kissing, but cause its all consensual, everything they do with the others body isn't creepy, plus they never cross the other person's line without permission, so the story in itself isn't creepy in anyway.

Although one thing I saw someone jokingly comment about the Yuri fan and Yaoi fan swapping bodies, since they are the opposite gender, was now that their in the opposite sex, they can now indulge in their fantasies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean, still, they had set rules to how Pseudo and Demi Servants worked and the Class was always dependent on the Heroic Spirit itself, not the vessel.
Waver becomes a Caster because of Zhuge Liang and Rin becomes an Archer because of Ishtar. By this logic, Sieg should be a Saber due to having Siegfried's heart.
Yeah... but Sieg got Siegfried's heart while alive rather than when summoned as a Servant, which should have killed him since a mere mortal can't handle a Heroic Spirit's body part.

And before you bring the other case of it succeeding, that one is actually explainable through a loophole abuse, something Sieg doesn't have.

On the other hand, Waver and Rin were summoned that way as Servants rather than this happening while they were alive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah... but Sieg got Siegfried's heart while alive rather than when summoned as a Servant, which should have killed him since a mere mortal can't handle a Heroic Spirit's body part.

And before you bring the other case of it succeeding, that one is actually explainable through a loophole abuse, something Sieg doesn't have.

On the other hand, Waver and Rin were summoned that way as Servants rather than this happening while they were alive.
Sieg is not a proper Heroic Spirit and can't be one because he lacks the qualifications, he doesn't have the heroic deeds, mystery or historical significance to him, he couldn't have been recorded in the Throne of Heroes.
The only Servants that are as recent as him and aren't Demi/Pseudo Servants are that one, Accel Zero Order Assassin and both versions of Shiki, and all but Shiki(who is said to have become an Urban Legend) are Counter Guardians.

What I mean to say is that this is THE Sieg, not a Spirit version of him, probably from a different Apocrypha timeline since he's welfare, and Welfare Servants are known to be tied to their own events like Irisviel and Shiki which you take directly from their Singularities.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh believe me, I ain't gonna. I haven't done proper prose in ages.
Pokemafia was fun but hardly counts.

The weekly and word count stuff is probably best explained by just linking you to the challenge itself.

Admittedly the language bit I don't have a proper solution for. I can read Spanish to a degree, but not to a great one.

...although I suppose if it's just a word count, the language the words are in doesn't matter quite as much...
o.o Ok, I got to read the rules, and holy, that sounds intense. There are gonna be some complications like Writer's block, something I have much more than Art blocks...IRL stuff, and well, feeling worried of not being able to keep up. I bet it is GREAT for improvement, but it may be more than I can handle. It would be nice to try it out someday though. :D

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

For reference, that's only 20-30 million less than the total run for Justice League.
It's also on track to break The Force Awakens' Domestic Opening Weekend too.

Fiege got that hidden seventh Infinity Stone: Money

D

Deleted member

The child version of Medusa from the Fate series, more specifically Fate/Grand Order.

And thank you~
Oh, neato! Fate has some really great designs, heck the outfit I'm wearing on my character in my avatar is an outfit from the series lol. I haven't ever seen the series though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sieg is not a proper Heroic Spirit and can't be one because he lacks the qualifications, he doesn't have the heroic deeds, mystery or historical significance to him, he couldn't have been recorded in the Throne of Heroes.
The only Servants that are as recent as him and aren't Demi/Pseudo Servants are that one, Accel Zero Order Assassin and both versions of Shiki, and all but Shiki(who is said to have become an Urban Legend) are Counter Guardians.
You forgot Fujino, but I can still see your point.

What I mean to say is that this is THE Sieg, not a Spirit version of him, probably from a different Apocrypha timeline since he's welfare, and Welfare Servants are known to be tied to their own events like Irisviel and Shiki which you take directly from their Singularities.
Then maybe he's mage in this and ends up having Siegfried's heart later on, which is what makes him qualify as a Servant? (kinda like Abigail, in a way)

Maybe the whole event is "Apocrypha but with better writing" :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I already saw that on GameFAQs.
I have no risk to encounter this glitch as I've used this special like 2 times in all my 750+ hours playthrough lol.
I wish Monolith take the opportunity to also fix those blurry artworks on the save, inn and formation screens as well.
I mean, if the game crashes, you can still reboot it right? It will be odd if it will crash your save file...

D

Deleted member

You forgot Fujino, but I can still see your point.
Ah, right, didn't know about her
Then maybe he's mage in this and ends up having Siegfried's heart later on, which is what makes him qualify as a Servant? (kinda like Abigail, in a way)
Mages don't equal Casters though. Like, as long as he gets Siegfried's heart(which he does since we see his NP), he should be a Saber because the only reason he's a Servant is due to the components of a Saber class Servant.
Maybe the whole event is "Apocrypha but with better writing" :p
But then Sieg wouldn't exist at all
I've ignored 90% of this page because spoiler paranoia and this is the only thing on the page I happened to see. . . This is why I tried to cancel the thread

:060:
If you don't think Chiron is hot don't even talk to me

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Mages don't equal Casters though. Like, as long as he gets Siegfried's heart(which he does since we see his NP), he should be a Saber because the only reason he's a Servant is due to the components of a Saber class Servant.
Agreed, but then again, this is Sieg we're talking about.

Weird, nonsensical bull**** seems to always happen when Sieg is involved...

Like how receiving Siegfried's heart should totally have killed him and yet he ****ing lived through the whole thing, or how he tanked an attack of Karna that can kill gods... not to mention ruining all of Jeanne's character by existing.

But then Sieg wouldn't exist at all
Sieg with better writing then? :p

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Shishœ
Apparently, it's not just Siegfried's form and whatnot that Sieg uses.
He also uses Galvanism from Frankenstein's Monster.

Also, let's look at the commercial for the Collab.
Can we point out the Mordred & Frankenstein Monster fist-bump and Spartacus carrying Atalante and Jack? If the event has anything from the commercial, maybe can we expect more from Spartacus after his low impression in Apocrypha?

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure the reason everybody in JP is excited for Achilles is the fact that he has to deal with his Berserker-crazy "love interest" now. As well as meet Hector again.....that being said, Hector Animation update to match with Achilles' awesome animations when?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I've ignored 90% of this page because spoiler paranoia and this is the only thing on the page I happened to see. . . This is why I tried to cancel the thread

We're not ever cancelling this thread. We're going until until we should have stopped, and then going again until we cross the line over 1000 times!!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Had a salad for breakfast.
avi_salad.png

Was delicious.

Nobody is more surprised by every part of that statement than me.

o.o Ok, I got to read the rules, and holy, that sounds intense. There are gonna be some complications like Writer's block, something I have much more than Art blocks...IRL stuff, and well, feeling worried of not being able to keep up. I bet it is GREAT for improvement, but it may be more than I can handle. It would be nice to try it out someday though. :D
Since the goal is a word count - not coherence, or consistent narrative, or anything similar, just words - writer's block can be alleviated pretty effectively with writing exercises.

When I did it consistently back in the day, I would hit up random generators and write character bios, histories, or monster descriptions based on what I got. Even if I never used them, it was a good flex of the mental muscle. Ain't everyone's method of attack, but it worked for me.

Anyway, if you change your mind feel free to jump in. Got all week before the first check-in.

This is why I tried to cancel the thread

You loved my dribble technique and you know it.

Anyone here play FFXIV?
I've considered it, always wanted to, but never jumped in.

But MMOs typically end up a time sink for me above and beyond anything else.

Currently got too much on my plate that I don't want to derail, so won't be firing it up today.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wish they added the mario party 2 outfits and outfits basd off power ups.
For Mario Party 2, there's already the cowboy, pirate, explorer and astronaut outfits. That's four out of six right there :p

As for the power-ups, there's the Metal Cap (complete with N64 blockiness), the Golden Flower and technically the Vanish Cap, but I do agree that we need way more of those.

>No rapper Malleo

I am disappoint >:[
Don't be dissapoint at me, be dissapoint at Nintendo :p

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Anyone here play FFXIV?
Off and on, currently off. It's a pretty great game, albeit a rather standard fare one in terms of MMORPGs. Classes, roles, quests, grinding, it's all rather traditional. Which isn't necessarily a fault, but as someone who has played a few others in the genre, it's hard not to yearn for something a little more daring. Although given the story behind the game's development, failure, and revamp, I don't entirely blame it for playing safe. For what it does, it does relatively well, and if you like MMORPGs, it's going to hit all the right buttons.

This is all coming from a person whose familiarity with Final Fantasy is minimum. Played the first, and the two GBA Tactics games. I've attempted to get into many others because my brother is more into them but I always dropped them early on. My greatest appreciation for the series has really just been it's consistent delivery of really awesome soundtracks.

Which FFXIV delivers on at every turn. Seriously, even if you don't play, go look up its music. There's a ton and all of it is beautiful / exciting. It's the games strongest trait in my opinion, the thing I always look forward to the most when new content comes out is not to play it but to hear what new pieces are released that go with it.

The main issue with the game is that after the release of A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood, the game is a ton of fun, but what players call the "endgame" entails the developers saying "Oh, well you can keep playing to get better gear to get bigger numbers to fight other bigger numbers, but you'll have to repeat the same content repeatedly. And also because we know it's not enough to keep you around for an entire month, since we want that subscription fee we're going to cap you're progress so you can't complete your upgrades until we say you can."

That has been the way of FFXIV since the beginning of AAR, at least, so I always just subscribe for a month, play it a **** ton, then wait many months later before I even consider reviving my account.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The next ROM hack I'm gonna try out is Sigma Emerald. I'll get it when I can.

Til then, I'm playing Kanto Black, which is ****ing magnificent.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For Mario Party 2, there's already the cowboy, pirate, explorer and astronaut outfits. That's four out of six right there :p

As for the power-ups, there's the Metal Cap (complete with N64 blockiness), the Golden Flower and technically the Vanish Cap, but I do agree that we need way more of those.

Don't be dissapoint at me, be dissapoint at Nintendo :p
There’s no witch outfit and that’s the best one!

D

Deleted member

Off and on, currently off. It's a pretty great game, albeit a rather standard fare one in terms of MMORPGs. Classes, roles, quests, grinding, it's all rather traditional. Which isn't necessarily a fault, but as someone who has played a few others in the genre, it's hard not to yearn for something a little more daring. Although given the story behind the game's development, failure, and revamp, I don't entirely blame it for playing safe. For what it does, it does relatively well, and if you like MMORPGs, it's going to hit all the right buttons.

This is all coming from a person whose familiarity with Final Fantasy is minimum. Played the first, and the two GBA Tactics games. I've attempted to get into many others because my brother is more into them but I always dropped them early on. My greatest appreciation for the series has really just been it's consistent delivery of really awesome soundtracks.

Which FFXIV delivers on at every turn. Seriously, even if you don't play, go look up its music. There's a ton and all of it is beautiful / exciting. It's the games strongest trait in my opinion, the thing I always look forward to the most when new content comes out is not to play it but to hear what new pieces are released that go with it.

The main issue with the game is that after the release of A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood, the game is a ton of fun, but what players call the "endgame" entails the developers saying "Oh, well you can keep playing to get better gear to get bigger numbers to fight other bigger numbers, but you'll have to repeat the same content repeatedly. And also because we know it's not enough to keep you around for an entire month, since we want that subscription fee we're going to cap you're progress so you can't complete your upgrades until we say you can."

That has been the way of FFXIV since the beginning of AAR, at least, so I always just subscribe for a month, play it a **** ton, then wait many months later before I even consider reviving my account.
Hah. I'm a vet too, but just got back from a hiatus. Yeah, the game gets repetitive, I wish it was more like FFXI which was just a magical experience although brutal, but the large world and lack of three role system just added so much dynamic to the game.

The issue with MMORPGs is copying WoW and that type of MMO flooded the market. That said, it's done really well as you said but it can feel rather lacking.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I feel like sharing what my main FEH team, the Armor Emblem, is all about. So I'm gonna share who they are and what purpose they fill, just to see if I'm on the right track when it comes to making them monsters.

My pride and joy, the Fell Dragon himself. His IVs are +DEF/-SPD. While his bane is optimal, he doesn't have the best boon (+ATK superboon), but it's still an amazing one that makes him a great wall.

I already have a mixed phase build idea, but I need Bold Fighter for it, so I'll talk about what I have right now.

In order to turn him into a mixed tank that can deal with both mages and non-mages, I killed a Neko Sakura to give him Warding Stance 3, boosting his Res to 34 on enemy phases.

I then decided to give himr the Close Def seal for one simple reason; Expiration's adaptive damage only applies to ranged foes, so I felt like he needed something against those who aren't ranged, thus the extra +6 bulk to give him a total of 46/40 against close units on enemy phases.

Swap is there for movement shenanigans with his fellow armored allies.

Ward Armor is there to boost the bulk of his allies (as well as FrankenJakob's Bonfire).

He primarily serves as an enemy phase wall thanks to Vengeful Fighter and his insane bulk, though he has the stats to be dangerous on both phases, so when I see an opportunity for him to kill on player phases, I'll definitely take it.

I already talked about her and how fun she can be, haven't I? Well, if I did, prepare yourselves for even more talk about her. :p

When it comes to her IVs, she's +ATK/-HP. Due to having both Fury and Desperation (which I like to call Furious Desperation), the lower HP can actually be used to my advantage to reach the Desperation range faster, so yeah, pretty good IVs.

Her main purpose is essentialy being a devastating player phase nuke thanks to the Blarblade tome and Furious Desperation, which is incredibly potent on her thanks to reaching well over 40 speed thanks to all the boosts I did without even considering any buffs. I added Glimmer on top of that due to both its lower cooldown compared to other specials and the fact that it synergizes pretty well with the extra damage that a Blade tome can grant her.

In order to motivate the strategy of giving her some nice buffs, I also kept her Armor March since it would mean allowing both her and whoever is beside her to move one extra space, thus removing one of the big drawbacks of an armored unit.

As for why Draw Back is there? Honestly, I just wanted her to be like an armored Nino when it comes to her build. That's literally it. :p

I also gave her Summoner Support since her stats could've really used it, especially HP since 40 HP makes it easier for me to calculate how much HP she needs to lose for Desperation to work. It also means all of her stats can get a nice little boost in order for her to not only fulfill her main purpose of a Blade mage better, but also be a genuine threat even if alone.

All and all, as much as I love Grima, there's nothing more satisfying than saying "**** THE TRIANGLE!" and killing greens with her without getting any damage aside from the recoil of Fury.

FrankenJakob, as I like to call him, is a unit I've began to really, really enjoy using after some recent changes to his overall build.

His IVs are +ATK/-HP. Not a big fan of the bane since it does nothing but hurt him (even though I did patch it up with an HP seal), which is why I'm glad he's back in another banner. Hoping for a +ATK/-SPD.

His main purpose is to serve as my primary wall, which he does pretty well despite having a bulk that's not nearly as insane as Grima's due to having Wary Fighter, which shuts down any and all follow-ups as long as his HP is 50% of higher

The Slaying Bow+, Bonfire and Close Counter trio is there so that every single interaction as a wall can grant him a special ready to be fired, which can either be extremely damaging on enemy phase if defending against a Brave weapon or actually give him player phase potential due to being able to shoot a very powerful arrow. This essentially gives him some limited mixed phase potential.

Hone Armor is there since his role as a wall guarantees his greater survival, thus making him the most fitting as a buffer for VaLyntine's blade tome.

Swap is there for the same reason as Grima; movement shenanigans with armored allies.

The fact that he's an archer also gives him the secondary purpose of specializing against flying units, especially the ones who happen to have anti-armor weapons. Doesn't happen often, but still a good thing to have just in case.

Honestly, him getting Bonfire so often is a big reason why I love using him so much. It makes him hit so hard.

Admittedly the one I'm the least sure about, but at the same time, he's so much fun I end up not giving a **** about it.

His IVs are +DEF/-SPD. Worst bane, but overall pretty workable since I could use him in a similar way one would use normal or Vanguard Ike, except better due to the overall higher stats all across the board compared to the Ikes.

I decided to rely on his base build (minus Panic Ploy) for him since, well, it works. The combination of Fierce Stance, Heavy Blade and the fact that he tends to get FrankenJakob's Hone buff due to how I place my allies allows him to get Black Luna pretty quickly, to the point where I don't give a damn if he's -SPD.

Warp Powder is exclusively for mobility, thus allowing him to benefit from extra movement even if the team placement is so awkward that it's hard for him to get VaLyntine's March effect.

Draw Back... not sure why I have it, honestly. Would Swap be better?

Ward Armor is there solely to boost FrankenJakob's Bonfire (though boosting Grima's Ignis is also a nice little thing to have), which further emphasizes the fact I need the two to be close so that both of them can work better by boosting some of their stats.

I'm open for all sorts of build ideas when it comes to Zelgius, so don't be shy to give me your input.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hah. I'm a vet too, but just got back from a hiatus. Yeah, the game gets repetitive, I wish it was more like FFXI which was just a magical experience although brutal, but the large world and lack of three role system just added so much dynamic to the game.
I played XI over a couple summer breaks as a kid, but I was really, really bad so I basically accomplished nothing. All I remember very positively from it is the Summoner. Never became one or even close, but it was something I always wanted because the summons looked awesome.

My first character in FFXIV was a Summoner, and boy was I disappointed lol. "Egis" and damage-over-time-spells... When Heavensward came out I started over and found out that I love the healers which made up for all that.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Apparently im 4'11"
Im a tiny 4'11" 23 year old and Ive stopped growing
god damn
my older brother a 5'2 22 year old who stopped growing

i mean ya significantly taller but not by much

theres also a girl i know called aaron whos even shorter than him and shes in her 20s, no specifics of height though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream that a popular media producer turned into a villain and used these special effects and illusions in his crimes.

Essentially my dream just copied Mysterio

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Apparently im 4'11"
Im a tiny 4'11" 23 year old and Ive stopped growing
god damn
my older brother a 5'2 22 year old who stopped growing

i mean ya significantly taller but not by much

theres also a girl i know called aaron whos even shorter than him and shes in her 20s, no specifics of height though
You people make me feel tall with my 5'10" :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I have seen Infinite War.

All I'm going to say is:

Wow

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You people make me feel tall with my 5'10" :p
5'10 is tall compared to me.

But, I was watching these videos where they were calling this guy that was 5'10 super short and making short jokes about him.

It was weird because that's so much taller than me

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

For reference, that's only 20-30 million less than the total run for Justice League.
It's also on track to break The Force Awakens' Domestic Opening Weekend too.

Fiege got that hidden seventh Infinity Stone: Money

Too bad it wasn't in Marvel Infinite.

WEB BALL! MONEY STONE! WEB BALL! MONEY STONE! WEB BALL! MONEY STONE!...

I had a dream that a popular media producer turned into a villain and used these special effects and illusions in his crimes.

Essentially my dream just copied Mysterio
At least it was a producer and not an actor who wasn't popular because he was ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom