• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Uh... did Jeff have actual technical difficulties playing ARMS or did he just not know how to play?

I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MARIO PARTY 2

LETS SEE SOME BLOODSHED

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is why Bumper Balls sucks.

It's always a tie.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is why Bumper Balls sucks.

It's always a tie.
That's because they were cowards! They played for the safe 1 point instead of going for the win. For shame!

It's funny how in the Hexagonal game, jumps were nearly always a death sentece, Wario was smart because he started to keep his fat ass on the ground. They seem to be a last resort, not the first.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Well, for one thing, you forgot Celica. And yes, she counts. And two, Nintendo and IS were the ones who got Koei to put in Lyn and Celica. So Nintendo and IS did try to get some non-Awakening/Fates characters in.
Yeah, I guess she counts...

So, did Koei only want to put in Awakening and Fates characters?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I knew I saw something blink past when I ended up seeing the Palutena trailer in YTPs.

This Frame Is Precious And An International Treasure Half Size.png

Can I just take a moment to say how much I love this face?

Granted, it's not really relevant to the current topic at least until it's the end of the tourney and they still don't announce Super Crossing Zero 3.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

We got a new trailer for ARMS.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Was there a new ARMS character shown off? I heard someone mention that.

EDIT: Well, more than that. But it looked like an Evil Spring Man or something.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
And the winner is Thomas G! That was a good match all around! John Numbers being a runner-up to me was pretty nice; even if he didn't win, he made it all the way to the end yet again.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Eh. That wasn't really as fantastic an event as I've been told. But I stuck it to the end!

No promises I'll do it again.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So... the only thing we can really speculate on after the conclusion of the Nintendo World Championships is what this "top secret" and "highly anticipated" game is behind closed doors, according to Reggie. Being serious here, I have 3 bets as to what it could be:

1. Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

2. Animal Crossing Switch

3. New Donkey Kong Country Game.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So... the only thing we can really speculate on after the conclusion of the Nintendo World Championships is what this "top secret" and "highly anticipated" game is behind closed doors, according to Reggie. Being serious here, I have 3 bets as to what it could be:

What do you guys think?
Mother 3.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

What do you guys think?
I think you need to sit down and take a deep breath. :V

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

What do you guys think?
I just watched you guys react to the whole thing without watching, what was the full quote?

I don't doubt that both 1. and 2. are already in development though, just probably in too early of condition to show. IIRC Nintendo said their current roadmap goes into 2019, so I wouldn't really expect them to pop up before next E3, but hey if they wanna play one of those hands earlier I'm all for it.

Nobody spams number 3. everywhere like the first two and Retro is busy with something new, so I don't think it's gonna be that. Mother 3 by contrast gives Reggie nightmares with the buzz but simply isn't a big enough project for that language.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I just watched you guys react to the whole thing without watching, what was the full quote?

I don't doubt that both 1. and 2. are already in development though, just probably in too early of condition to show. IIRC Nintendo said their current roadmap goes into 2019, so I wouldn't really expect them to pop up before next E3, but hey if they wanna play one of those hands earlier I'm all for it.

Nobody spams number 3. everywhere like the first two and Retro is busy with something new, so I don't think it's gonna be that. Mother 3 by contrast gives Reggie nightmares with the buzz but simply isn't a big enough project for that language.
Reggie basically trolled us all and said "game that everyone is trying to figure out by reading my lips" after "highly anticipated". Classic Reggie... :p

Yeah; I wouldn't be surprised if both are in development at this point, but the main question is which one Reggie might be working on if its one of those two games. Being completely honest, it's hard to say, but I imagine he'll tell us what it is before the year ends, possibly in one last Nintendo Direct for the year?

As for number 3, yeah, I was kinda in a moment of hype and put in DKC since I'm also hoping for a new one at some point, but Retro or another company is most likely handling that.

You make a pretty good point there; as much as I want to see Mother 3 finally get an English release for the fans, I don't think it would fall under that type of language. It would be hype worthy for sure, yeah, but I think we'll see it sometime before or during E3 next year.

Whatever you say, bud. I won't dwell any deeper.
That's perfectly alright; the truth of the matter is that I tend to have my moments of being hyped and it usually takes me a bit of time before I calm down. Regardless, I meant no annoyance or frustration from it. :o

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Reggie said "a game everyone is trying to figure out by reading my lips" in that bit he had before the games.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The new Dragon Ball Super is so hype that it literally crashed every streaming service due extreme traffic, even the premium ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom