• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

We got a new trailer for ARMS.
It rocks. The remix is incredible and the fact that such a short trailer gave me a run for my money thanks to its pacing is worthy of praise.

Also, "evil Spring Man" is bound to be included in this month's 3.2 update right? Or did they just tease him for a later update?

Man look at all those announcements.

It's a good thing people got excited for all of these announcements.
:p
...Were you expecting anything or are you just poking fun at those who did?

It rocks. The remix is incredible and the fact that such a short trailer gave me a run for my money thanks to its pacing is worthy of praise.

Also, "evil Spring Man" is bound to be included in this month's 3.2 update right? Or did they just tease him for a later update?

...Were you expecting anything or are you just poking fun at those who did?
The latter.

I'm one of those guys who constantly has to remind people to keep their expectations low on stuff. Just trying to drive the point home for people in the future :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The latter.

I'm one of those guys who constantly has to remind people to keep their expectations low on stuff. Just trying to drive the point home for people in the future :p
Well aside from me not caring enough today I try to do that too, it's just that no one listens.

Maybe I'm not snarky enough for anyone to pay attention to me or something.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ah man, John Numbers almost won this year's NWC... one thing I like about John Number is that one of his "casual" mains is Shulk like me.
The difference this time is the champion didn't receive like how last time John Numbers receive a Nintendo 3DS signed by Miyamoto, I actually had hope either Miyamoto or Koizumi appear and give Thomas G a signed Nintendo Switch.

So... the only thing we can really speculate on after the conclusion of the Nintendo World Championships is what this "top secret" and "highly anticipated" game is behind closed doors, according to Reggie. Being serious here, I have 3 bets as to what it could be:

1. Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

2. Animal Crossing Switch

3. New Donkey Kong Country Game.

What do you guys think?
I want ALL of them.

I don't really care who won this battle... but this video is by far has the most meme and not to mention about collaborations with two channels, one is one of the best animation blogger and the other one is the face of meme.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I finally got to Kanto and decided to fight the gym leaders in order with my team from Blue instead of my silver team

Like a rematch

Only problem is I can't remember what my Blue team was because I've been trading between red/ blue/ yellow/ and silver so much

Maybe I should just breed them anew, possibly shiny with my Ditto

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The name of Goku's new form is "Migatte no Goku'i'" ("身勝手の極意") that can be translated to "Selfish/Self Movement"
In Whis case it is called "Mastery Of Self Movement" but for Goku it's called "Ultra Instinct"

Yes, even freaking Goku is Ultra now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I finally saw it, Crunchyroll and junk were broken all day

I can't wait for next week's battle though

I think Hit is going to try and kill Jiren, not caring about being disqualified

He's gonna fail though

Also, WHY IS RIBRIANNE STILL IN

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It seems that making Switch having a clear Joy Cons and even clear back is a bit of a trending these days.

JeryRig probably has the best video so far
Nintendo should really consider releasing clear Joy Cons and Switch in the future, it doesn't have to be clear, even with a bit blurry like the pro would also be great

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems that making Switch having a clear Joy Cons and even clear back is a bit of a trending these days.

JeryRig probably has the best video so far
Nintendo should really consider releasing clear Joy Cons, Switch in the future, even with a bit blurry like the pro would also be great
If they do clear, it might get them to bring back Atomic Purple

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If they do clear, it might get them to bring back Atomic Purple
I remember I used to saw one in a flea market in my local town, it was cheap but... my mom didn't allow me to buy it.
I also saw a PS2, but we already own that console, and we have had only one game... it was a Meltyblood fighting game, and for some reason my two brothers were playing that a decade old game...

We got a new trailer for ARMS.
Around 0:21 of the video,
I see what you did there Nintendo...

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The name of Goku's new form is "Migatte no Goku'i'" ("身勝手の極意") that can be translated to "Selfish/Self Movement"
In Whis case it is called "Mastery Of Self Movement" but for Goku it's called "Ultra Instinct"

Yes, even freaking Goku is Ultra now.
There's only one step up for Goku now... and that is to go
"PLUS ULTRA!!"

I've been sitting on DBS since Episode 80 for a while so I can binge the next few episodes, (and because of binging on the East Blue arc of One Piece, as well as my University commitments) but this sounds pretty interesting. I look forward to getting up to date.

I take it today was the Nintendo World Championships... Couldn't watch because I was working on an assignment, but it didn't seem like I missed any major announcements.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What sort of grand event did I miss?
Nintendo World Championship 2017.

It's an official event hosted by Nintendo.

In it, competitors who won some qualifiers go against each other in time trials, competitive games and races to see who is the best.

Nintendo likes to bring all sorts of games to these things.

For example, we got recent gems like ARMS, Splatoon 2, Metroid: Samus Returns, Breath of the Wild, Smash Wii U and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, retro games like Tetris, Balloon Fight, Mario Party 2 and Super Mario Bros Deluxe, WTF games like Birds and Beans and...

What I think you'd like the most...

A DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS MINECART RACE!!!

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so on the subject of arms next update i cant tell if its a new character or their adding alt costumes and a a new rush variant that you can choose between it and the old one

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The new Dragon Ball special. Now that was truly Super. 10/10 Pure hype throughout.

I don't think I've had that much fun with an anime/manga in a longtime.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Self-care is not wasting 20 Orbs on pointless banners and instead saving them for the future

Fixed that for you, buddy

Pls, politely decline or I'll have to call the police on you

Come on, just let them enjoy their movie in peace. Or do I have to break out a distraction?

Search Your Feelings You Know It To Be True Smashboards Safe Size.png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dragon Ball Super is hyping up a "Mystery" character that will be in the "Climax of the tournament of Power"

Interesting how a new character could somehow be added, considering the tournament should have the same fighters from beginning to end and all characters have already been revealed in the tournament

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dragon Ball Super is hyping up a "Mystery" character that will be in the "Climax of the tournament of Power"

Interesting how a new character could somehow be added, considering the tournament should have the same fighters from beginning to end and all characters have already been revealed in the tournament
Some third party from a different universe comes to **** with everyone maybe. Someone not afraid of Zen-oh.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That fight in DBS wasn't too bad. But I do feel like it was cut a bit short. All in all it just needed less reaction shots of the sideline characters.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

maybe that hidden fighter from universe 4?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That fight in DBS wasn't too bad. But I do feel like it was cut a bit short. All in all it just needed less reaction shots of the sideline characters.
They used a higher animation budget for the episodes so they needed to make up for that somehow

Although I kind of felt the battle with Ribrianne took a little too long. The fight's purpose was because of 2 things

---

1) Segueing into the fight with Jiren
2) To show that receiving support from the crowd wouldn't disqualify Ribrianne to answer if Krillin, Master Roshi and Tien giving up their Genki would disqualify Goku

Edit: LOL, I knew I was going to misspell "Segueing"

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playing M&L: Superstar Saga DX is making me wish a English translation for "Tomato Adventure" (a GBA game Alpha Dream made prior to the Mario & Luigi series and even plays as such)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Man, weekend sure does feel a bit boring here in my college, better off go and play some sports or just check smashboards
You may be wondering why I replied to your two weeks old post... it's just because I wanted to... it was because I needed time to think or wait until the season ends.
Ok, so MHA, we all love it. I mean, who doesn't?
Though one thing bothers me, A LOT, and it's not something I actually should be bothered about because it's related to a part of the fanbase, but since it has to do with spreading misinformation on what the show's themes are.
If you've seen any MHA analysis video after one of Geoff's videos, you'll know that one idea being thrown around is that MHA is, apparently, about self-improvement and is an antithesis to Naruto's heavy focus on teamwork strenght.
Here's the thing, that idea couldn't be more wrong, and I'm going to write a thesis on it goddamnit

Spoiler warning for everything up until the latest episode
The first thing is to localise the source of this idea, and looking back at it, it's pretty clear where this came from: MHA picked up a lot of steam before and during the start of its second season, which was entirely made of the Sports Festival Arc. Geoff's video was also released while the anime was still in that arc so it's clear where this all came from, the 1-on-1 fights, which heavily focused on what each single individual could do by themselves. But there's a problem with this, because this is THE ONLY TIME in the entire anime up until this point where single fights were the focus(well, that and the obstacle course but that wasn't a "fight"), every other fight in the series was a team-up with the exception of the iconic All Might vs. Nomu fight but the theme of that fight was putting the need of others before yourself(One For All indeed), not on how powerful All Might is that he doesn't need help.
Hell, even the second activity in the Sports Festival was the epitome of teamwork.

Really, even if you've seen only the first episode you'll realise that the series shows that "teamwork is important", even Pro Heroes do it, one of the very first scenes has the heroes team up together to fulfill different roles: Death Arms tries to minimize collateral damage, Backdraft protects the citizens and Kamui Woods tries to capture the villain(until Mt. Lady comes in and steals his kill).
From then on we have the Hero vs. Villain exercise which puts students on 2-on-2 battles and the fact Deku and Uraraka only win due to acting in sinergy and Bakugo refusing to work with Iida is called out by Momo; the USJ Arc which has Deku, Tsuyu and Trash only escape due to them working with their Quirks together; the Cavalry Battle, as I said earlier, which brought many new strategies since it made students fight in teams of 2-4 members, and the ones who clearly didn't plan out hiw to use their Quirks together end up losing(such as Monoma's team who not only loses due to underestimating Bakugo but also because their whole plan was "walk up to an enemy and let Monoma copy their Quirk"); the Stain fight which would have ended with a dead Iida if not for Deku and Hand Crusher; and now, finally, the latest arc, the End of Terms Exams, whose focus is on proper teamwork and covering your own weaknesses.

And one last thing, this time on Quirks, the way they're designed is to leave it clear what the "strenght in numbers" Shonen thematic is trying to accomplish: one person cannot do everything by themselves, everyone has weaknesses, no matter how strong they may be and the only way to cover your own weaknesses is by adding others' strenght into your own. Quirks can only do one thing, it's Crippling Overspecialization at its best, the Slime Villain fight shows how helpless the Heroes are when their Quirk has an unfavorable matchup and circumstances. You NEED others to make yourself the strong, and that's okay.
Meanwhile, where does the "strongest Quirk" fit in all of this? As One For All really has no weaknesses once mastered. Except, it does, technically, in a sense, depending on the angle: it's useless if no one has used it before, its current power is a result of many people building on it through years. In other words, it's teamwork in Quirk form.
But even then, we're shown its users aren't infallible: Deku is still incapable of utilising OFA in its full power and has to either rely on a small stat boost or injure himself and make himself almost useless; All Might is shown to be doing more harm to himself than anything from overusing his Quirk due to the injuries left by All For One, his constant need to "be a hero" has only worsened his state and would have led to his death if it wasn't for Deku and Snipe Ex Machina; and his antecessor, well, we all know what happened.
Tl;dr Geoff didn't read the ****ing manga pay enough attention

Though if you like MHA, please read this, I spent about 20 minutes on this thing and I'm pretty sure there are some Zebei-level typos in there

Tagging those who this may concern to
mario123007 mario123007 Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen A Distant Demon A Distant Demon Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Season overall I felt it was slightly longer than the first season. The season was really more of a trying to get attention in my opinion, so that's why some felt that 1st season was more better. Even though the second season starting to have a filler episode as long as they fit the story and also not worthless then I'm fine
I demand for Jirou filler... or even Toga filler just... I wanna see more Toga, she didn't really appear much after the camp arc and the later arc...
Apparently, that Black Clover manga is getting an anime adaptation next season. I hear it's pretty bad but I want to give it a chance personally.
Also, UQ Holder too, I read the first 2-3 volumes but since I don't follow too many manga, I dropped it. I'll probably give it a try too since Fall doesn't seem to have much stuff outside Apocrypha continuing and the Heaven's Feel movie

Again, sorry for bumping into your old post.
I already checked the anime...
And it is sort of like Naruto but with magic....
Oh yeah, I have also post this before, you might saw this already:

I kind of remember Black Clover after I saw other characters,I used to saw it's little advertisement on the first Taiwan issue 13 volume of My Hero Academia a few months ago.
And I remember it just how a black hair girl that I still have yet to know. It doesn't even show Asta which was pretty weird.

Oh boy I found something very interesting, I didn't see this will ever happen.
I know this isn't the first time where Horikoshi made a crossover artwork, with Black Clover being the next Shonen Manga having anime. Both Horikoshi and Tabata drew each of their works

My impressions:
From a casual view standpoint, both don't look bad at all.
However, I have to say I prefer Horikoshi's style, and hell Horikoshi is probably my most favorite.
So... sad as it sounds but I personally think Horikoshi drew Asta way better, he also looks more like Bakugo now... say if Asta's VA changed to Bakugo's VA I think his yell will receive less hate.
Tabata on the other hand like I said isn't terrible but I don't like how he draws the nose. Uraraka isn't look bad either, and glad that Tabata didn't miss drawing those round marks on her fingers, but her look is too Tabata-female-typical....maybe is how he drew her eyes, also her bust... looks a bit weird, don't don't if this is Tabata's style too since hey... there's also another Shonen artists who is very popular that tends to draw females with pretty large bust...
Tabata pretty much nailed Todoroki though. As for Deku... he turned to Asta... oh no...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yay! The SNES Classic Edition can now back hacked to add more games.

I've already decided on 5 games (if I plan to follow through on this).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yay! The SNES Classic Edition can now back hacked to add more games.

I've already decided on 5 games (if I plan to follow through on this).
Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 for me

Turtles in time, Zombies ate My Neighbors, Harvest Moon

Mario Paint...somehow. Probably wouldn't work good without a mouse

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 for me

Turtles in time, Zombies ate My Neighbors, Harvest Moon

Mario Paint...somehow. Probably wouldn't work good without a mouse
Good luck getting Mario Paint to work.

And if you must know, the 5 games I plan to add are the ones exclusive to Japan's version of the system:
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Panel de Pon
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Neither of you are adding Chrono Trigger? Heresy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom