• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marina is precious and Pearl has a five head.
That's basically all I got from the Direct.

That and Splat Dualies are awesome. So much ducking and rolling.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope Japan likes Pearl because otherwise the 'waifu wars' are going to be very one-sided. :p

D

Deleted member

The new Splatoon 2 duo is called "Off-the-hook" in English, while it is called "Tenta-Cool" in French.

Yeh, like this 'mon.

Back from class and got to watch the direct. . .a lot more to unpack than expected. I know some of this is old news but will cover it all anyway

• New weapons all look cool and unique
  • New specials all look way more interesting than Splat 1, although they will certainly be a larger focus in this game than 1. Whether that is good or bad remains to be seen
    • Ink armor is either going to e great or terrible. Expecting terrible because all it takes is one shot to get off, but im sure charger players will hate it haha
  • Salmon run being super limited is really annoying. With it being a fancy new (and fun looking) mode + being used to get items being limited is annoying
  • hurry for the rhythm game not being locked being amiibo
  • Im guessing we arent going to be able to play minigames in lobbis anymore? Shame. Playing Squid Jump while waiting for a game was a great idea so you werent waiting super long doing nothing.
  • new stages all look fantastic for turf wars. Im iffy on some of them for tower control or rainmaker though. Some seem a bit too small.
  • Single Player looks awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I loved Splatoon 1's single player, and this one looks amazing again. It mighttttttt be too gimmicky, but assuming ti isnt' this could be another S+ experience
  • Murch will be super useful. New vendors seem cool too
  • Improved LAN play and stuff like that = better competitive potential. yay
  • Pearl and Marina are weird. Pearl looks constantly angry and weird, Marina always looks like she's faking a smile or something? Cant really tell but soemthign seems off about them. Other than that Marina has a neat design.
  • I REALLY HOPE I CAN BE THERE ON SATURDAY I NEED TO BE AT THAT SPLATFEST. IF I HAVE WORK DURING THE ENTIRE THING I'LL BE PISSED
I think that's it?
buying day one either way

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
"Open Your Heart"

"Live and Learn"

"Endless Possibility"

"Reach for the Stars"

"Fist Bump"

One of these things is not like the other.

The titles for main themes in Sonic games usually have more oomph to them. You couldn't think of anything better than "Fist Bump"?

I still really like song, it's cheesy in all the right ways, but I'm not a fan of the name. It's nitpicky, I know, but that's just how I feel.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
Hm... I'm never a big fan of genderbend fanarts, but this...I'm actually ok with it. In my opinion, perverted dudes has been an overused trope in many Japanese anime, manga...
I mean hey... perhaps Mineta does have a little sister, but when you think more of his personality...that might be more awkward...
Also...
These sequence might never happen in manga
-Kyouka pins Mineta's eyeball, since Mineta is already a she.
-Mineta holding Asui's breast during the USJ villain invasion.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Open Your Heart"

"Live and Learn"

"Endless Possibility"

"Reach for the Stars"

"Fist Bump"

One of these things is not like the other.

The titles for main themes in Sonic games usually have more oomph to them. You couldn't think of anything better than "Fist Bump"?

I still really like song, it's cheesy in all the right ways, but I'm not a fan of the name. It's nitpicky, I know, but that's just how I feel.
The title makes more sense in the context of the game and with the lyrics, since there is a particular line it goes with.

It's more the singer that I'm concerned with.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I see Super Mario Odyssey's finally reached its 100th vote in the poll.
The top 10:
1. Super Mario Odyssey with 100 votes and with 91.3%, obvious result.
2. Pokemon for Switch with 70 votes and with 64.2%, even just the concept itself is already making people want to buy it.
3. Metroid Prime 4 with 67 votes and with 61.5%, pretty close with Pokemon Switch and probably the most exciting reveal ever.
4. Kirby for Switch with 64 votes and with 58.7%, many of us here loves Kirby, even I will be planning to by one.
5. Metroid: Samus Returns with 63 votes and with 57.8%, this remakes will sure be worth playing for those who is a Metroid fan and owns 3DS.
6. Splatoon 2 with 58 votes and with 53.2%, with the Direct just finished airing, I'm pretty sure more people will get this game.
7. ARMS with 49 votes and 45.0%, well this is where we start to have huge vote drop, the game is already out and I did vote for this game, but it's not on my on my priority list.
8. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions with 47 votes and 43.1%, the game looks okay but I'm not that eager to get it yet.
9. Fire Emblem Warriors with 46 votes and with 42.2%, this game looks fricken awesome and I really hope Ike can be in as DLC...
10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with 45 votes and with 41.3%, I'm personally feel sad that Xenoblade 2 only get to 10... but that's just me, I obviously going to get this game pronto along side with Odyssey.

Chrono.

Tekken Bowl comes back as part of the Season Pass.

No word on the new characters yet, but Harada is teasing something with Arc System Works.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Seems like there's a decent chance that Tekken 7's next guest character will be from Arc Sys.

Between Dragon Ball FighterZ and potentially this, they're definitely getting some good exposure.

Edit: Somewhat beaten by a few seconds

Last edited:

Chrono.

Seems like there's a decent chance that Tekken 7's next guest character will be from Arc Sys.

Between Dragon Ball FighterZ and potentially this, they're definitely getting some good exposure.
Oh wow, it's more concrete than I thought.

Sol Badguy?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
@Shishœ
Hm... I'm never a big fan of genderbend fanarts, but this...I'm actually ok with it. In my opinion, perverted dudes has been an overused trope in many Japanese anime, manga...
I mean hey... perhaps Mineta does have a little sister, but when you think more of his personality...that might be more awkward...
Also...
These sequence might never happen in manga
-Kyouka pins Mineta's eyeball, since Mineta is already a she.
-Mineta holding Asui's breast during the USJ villain invasion.
No changes need to be made to my favorite character

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Oh wow, it's more concrete than I thought.

Sol Badguy?
Man, I hope we get news on this soon. I'd love to see how Namco realizes such an anime style character in their game. Here's hoping that Dragon Install looks dope in there too.

Also hoping he's as busted as initial state Akuma...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Edit: Somewhat beaten by a few seconds
You know, as an once wise man said:

Guilty Gear Xrd?
-Pretty Genius

Dragon Ball FighterZ?
-Pretty ****ing Genius

A Guilty Gear Character in Tekken 7?
-
tumblr_mqbkrbOFj21qidv6fo3_r1_500.gif

God, I love AWS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw the Splatoon Direct, it was pretty good. The new weapons and game as a whole look great.

Kind of surprised by no playable octolings though. If it's in the base game, you'd think it be worth announcing as it be very hype worthy.

And finally we have Doomfist in Overwatch!

Looks to be a great character and worth the wait, should be fun playing as him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for FE Heroes: I've done 10 summons at the summer banner and my only five star has been Alm.

My current rate of a fiver star is 4.25% the highest it's been.

That's pretty ridiculous, hopefully I can get one or more of the banners heroes soon. These last chain challenges live up to their name.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What is it with Overwatch characters concealing their right nipple.
I'm glad someone's asking the real questions.

For real though, Doomfist is pretty damn hype.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
LOL this one subreddit is currently being hijacked by Splatoon fans and apparently it's not even the first time it's been driven wildly off the intended course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pearlism/

That it's been multiple Tumblr-heavy fandoms doing it brings a certain flavor of irony. Tastes like cupcakes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Watch it be a Blazblue character instead.
I wouldn't be mad if that happen.

Tough, while the obvious choice would be Ragna, I feel like Kagura could go very well into the Tekken Universe.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_niko.png

My post-summer-sale Steam library yields such interesting things.

That and Splat Dualies are awesome. So much ducking and rolling.
That's three affirmations of Dualie love.

Clearly I misjudged, and I adore it.

I hope Japan likes Pearl because otherwise the 'waifu wars' are going to be very one-sided. :p
Pretty sure that needs more than one waifu. Otherwise it's just a beating.

Real talk though, Pearl might end up alright. There was more Callie love than Marie love at first, and look how that turned out.

Marina always looks like she's faking a smile or something?
Her expression just seems very uncomfortable.

I kind of expect that Inklings' general perception of Octarians (and therefore Octolings) factors into that. They're still at least somewhat at odds, as per the single-player campaign, and while the Inklings haven't struck me as the kind to look down on the Octolings outright, there's probably some tension.

Might even be compounded with something like a general unease with fame or being in the spotlight, although that's not a trait we can really assess at this point.

Hm... I'm never a big fan of genderbend fanarts, but this...I'm actually ok with it.
Only have the basest familiarity with MHA at this point, so had no frame of reference for the original character to compare it to.

Dig it. Honestly feel like it could stand as its own thing.

Looked up Hoobastank and "Hoobastank (often stylized as h∞bastank) "

Oh SEGA.
Goddamn, haven't heard that name in a while.

Thought we left them back in 2003.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
The origin video was amazing. Can't wait for him to be free of the PTR.

Side note, at the risk of starting a riot, definitely feel like his current VA fits better than Crews would have. Just got that gravitas.

Still need to get Crews in the game somehow.

LOL this one subreddit is currently being hijacked by Splatoon fans and apparently it's not even the first time it's been driven wildly off the intended course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pearlism/

That it's been multiple Tumblr-heavy fandoms doing it brings a certain flavor of irony. Tastes like cupcakes.
Well I'm sold.

Akko's noticeably less adorable butit's Ryuko's VA.
I read, "noticeably less adorable butt."

And I was disappointed.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Missed the Splatoon 2 Direct when it first aired, but I'm all caught up on the news now.

I forgot how much I enjoyed the first Splatoon, I'm super pumped for Splatoon 2. I believe I got a Switch at just the right time.

Also, it goes without saying, but Marina is an absolute cutie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom