• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who needs Thunder Punch when you can learn Focus ****ing Punch?
But yes, Pikachu can TP

So, Thunder Punch is a normal punch while Focus Punch is a Serious Punch.
Yeah, I'm digging this Pikachu - Saitama fusion. Atleast it will be better than...you know, the one who should not be named.

D

Deleted member

I TOLD YOU IT'D GET A DUB!
Only took 2 months too. I'll renew my Netflix subscription as soon as my mother's back from the hospital
"Only took two motnhs"
LWA started back in January
And I doubt any of the dubs will have a "YAY!" as perfect as the original.
Besides, not needing to wait for Netflix means I can spoil you now
Yeah, I'm digging this Pikachu - Saitama fusion. Atleast it will be better than...you know, the one who should not be named.
One Speed Hedgehog? Yeah, Sonic OCs are weird, man

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No. Focus Punch is holding back, Thunder Punch isn't even an actual punch, it's Red doing a Detroit Smash with his fingers
"Only took two motnhs"

Thought it was released in April.
And if you spoil it, I'm showing everyone your convo with Alucard

D

Deleted member

No. Focus Punch is holding back, Thunder Punch isn't even an actual punch, it's Red doing a Detroit Smash with his fingers

Thought it was released in April.
And if you spoil it, I'm showing everyone your convo with Alucard
It's 25 episodes long, if it started in April it wouldn't be finished, which it is, and it was GREAT.

Pfft, you don't have access to my convos with him
Unless you're actually Hackerman, in which case, I should be scared

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Only took two motnhs"

I actually research on Google Image the name you just said and I ended up with Speed-o'-Sound Sonic.
I'm kinda dissapointed, but at the same time, it make sense.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's 25 episodes long, if it started in April it wouldn't be finished, which it is, and it was GREAT.

Pfft, you don't have access to my convos with him
Unless you're actually Hackerman, in which case, I should be scared

Hey, if anything, the fact there's no more is bad too, wouldn't you say?
Also watch Space Patrol Luluco. Sucy's in it
I have my methods. Dan the mother****ing Man's an example

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey, hey you
Yes, you
You know what you should binge-watch watch this weekend? This

Well, if I'm lucky, my weekend will be occupied - but my Monday and Tuesday are typically not.

I'll take it under advisement for the next item up.

D

Deleted member

I actually research on Google Image the name you just said and I ended up with Speed-o'-Sound Sonic.
I'm kinda dissapointed, but at the same time, it make sense.
I can't believe I forgot about him
Hey, if anything, the fact there's no more is bad too, wouldn't you say?
Also watch Space Patrol Luluco. Sucy's in it
I have my methods. Dan the mother****ing Man's an example
I mean, in a sense but at the same time, it had a GREAT ending and I feel like more stuff could hurt that and Trigger should move on to their next thing. Though I'd love an OVA or something focusing on a certain character after the end of the series.
Besides, three shows is about the maximum I'll follow each season and Fate/Apocrypha starts this Saturday

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I mean, in a sense but at the same time, it had a GREAT ending and I feel like more stuff could hurt that and Trigger should move on to their next thing. Though I'd love an OVA or something focusing on a certain character after the end of the series.
Besides, three shows is about the maximum I'll follow each season and Fate/Apocrypha starts this Saturday

You can binge Space Patrol Luluco in like half an hour. That's how long it was after I skipped the OP and ED. No excuses!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Don't worry, I have forgotten him too, so you are not alone.

D

Deleted member

You can binge Space Patrol Luluco in like half an hour. That's how long it was after I skipped the OP and ED. No excuses!
I was talking about if LWA continued into the Summer Season
How many eps does Luluco have? I've always been interested in it but never got the chance to watch it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A question for any of the FE Heroes players here.

Do you think any of my 5-Stars here would benefit from Renewal 3?

I pulled two 4-Star Fae's a little while ago and just now noticed they both have Renewal 3, so I was thinking it might be good to use one of them to give one of my other units Renewal 3.

I was thinking it might go well with Nowi or M!Corrin.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Snake Park is easily my least favourite stage in the game. If you don't get on those giant beyblades then you're guaranteed to lose. Only thing that's stopping me from hating it is that the music is so good.
I mean it's not impossible I was able to comeback from a few matches this way, but it's very easy to abuse the platforms....I ended up winning many matches by standing on a platform and keeping myself between my opponent and the other platform...sometimes I get disables and they can't punish cuz I can still move around quite effectively while on the platform...also the size of the stage makes it very easy for players to camp and get timeouts, played against a Twintelle that was content with landing only a couple of hits and then just played keep away for the rest of the match...

I think the platforms really need some kind of balancing though...cuz it's way too hard to land a hit when both players are just bouncing all over the place and it's pretty much just throwing punches until on lands...This sort of goes against the strategic purpose of the game and relies too much on luck...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I pulled two 4-Star Fae's a little while ago and just now noticed they both have Renewal 3, so I was thinking it might be good to use one of them to give one of my other units Renewal 3.

If you have someone with Fury, Renewal can help offset the recoil damage from that. Male Corrin makes good use of Fury, so it might work well for him. I think your other units would generally benefit more from other B skills (Nowi makes good use of Sword/Lancebreaker, for example); that said, most units will still find the auto-HP recovery useful, with the exception of Seliph (whose kit depends on him having low HP). Alternatively, you can keep it and put it on someone like a Falchion user if you eventually get one, since it will stack with Falchion's healing as well, and you can turn that unit into a sort of combat medic with Reciprocal Aid.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wait. LWA's on Netflix on Friday for America...*checks Netflix Nederland* this is why I cancelled the subscription. We're so behind and there's not really a good reason for it. Plus they patched it so Dutch people can't access anything available outside Netflix Nederland. It's supposed to be convenient, but it isn't at all

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Even with my bias aside, if you ever plan on making your Chrom a five star unit, Renewal 3 is terrific on him since it stacks with Falchion.

Beyond that, I agree with Moydow and say Corrin works well.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was talking about if LWA continued into the Summer Season
How many eps does Luluco have? I've always been interested in it but never got the chance to watch it

I have kind of been imagining how would TRIGGER continue Little Witch Academia, I think they could just set it into far future (10 years later I guess) where we have a new main character entering Luna Nova because got inspired by Akko's magic back in episode 25. It maybe a bit of a dull plot at first, what can still make the series shine is making a better objective for the new main character, also better rival and antagonist(s), it's up to TRIGGER to make it good...if they do make a new story for the series...
I still think this time skip art is still worth imagining, I think Akko, Constanze and Sucy needs a redesign since they still look too similar to their student look.

Second possibility is make a movie, pretty much how most anime went when it gets very popular. I'm not saying a movie like Enchanting Parade I'm saying a real in theater movie. Story wise they could go put the entire story of LWA TV series into it or make a totally new awesome plot.

Third may sound similar to the first, but instead of a sequel/second season, start another entirely new story that has not direct connection with the original LWA maybe good too.
(My idea is where we see dude can also use magic/be a wizard back in episode 25 right ? Also in the creator's Q&A too, so they could continue in the same world/universe but instead of having a school called Luna Nova they can have a school where there's male female students learning magic, the new anime title can be My Magic Academia... yeah... it may be a My Hero Academia rip off but with TRIGGER style humor, I won't be mad by that. It can go as a far off sequel like my first idea or just another AU)
, but I definitely don't see it happening

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Finished Clarrise Infernal \o/

Would have followed what Mkv did but I don't have two Olivias. So I copied nstyler instead. Then I went back and tried it with my arena team, which was pretty easy. Xander kinda breaks this map.

Shame that she's literally just a +Spd Virion with less HP and more Res.

Also, why the heck did IS give her Glimmer? I thought it was well established by now that those skills were basically worthless compared to literally any other activation skill.

D

Deleted member

Wait. LWA's on Netflix on Friday for America...*checks Netflix Nederland* this is why I cancelled the subscription. We're so behind and there's not really a good reason for it. Plus they patched it so Dutch people can't access anything available outside Netflix Nederland. It's supposed to be convenient, but it isn't at all
Netflix's stupid country restriction is stupid
I'm paying as much as anyone in the US, so why can't I watch my ****ing Parks and Rec?
I don't need a dub of everything!!!
I have kind of been imagining how would TRIGGER continue Little Witch Academia, I think they could just set it into far future (10 years later I guess) where we have a new main character entering Luna Nova because got inspired by Akko's magic back in episode 25. It maybe a bit of a dull plot at first, what can still make the series shine is making a better objective for the new main character, also better rival and antagonist(s), it's up to TRIGGER to make it good...if they do make a new story for the series...
I still think this time skip art is still worth imagining, I think Akko, Constanze and Sucy needs a redesign since they still look too similar to their student look.

Second possibility is make a movie, pretty much how most anime went when it gets very popular. I'm not saying a movie like Enchanting Parade I'm saying a real in theater movie. Story wise they could go put the entire story of LWA TV series into it or make a totally new awesome plot.

Third may sound similar to the first, but instead of a sequel/second season, start another entirely new story that has not direct connection with the original LWA maybe good too.
(My idea is where we see dude can also use magic/be a wizard back in episode 25 right ? Also in the creator's Q&A too, so they could continue in the same world/universe but instead of having a school called Luna Nova they can have a school where there's male female students learning magic, the new anime title can be My Magic Academia... yeah... it may be a My Hero Academia rip off but with TRIGGER style humor, I won't be mad by that. It can go as a far off sequel like my first idea or just another AU)
, but I definitely don't see it happening
I'd like an OVA focusing on Croix trying to find the cure for thst curse, it'd be cool to see more of her.
Finished Clarrise Infernal \o/

Would have followed what Mkv did but I don't have two Olivias. So I copied nstyler instead. Then I went back and tried it with my arena team, which was pretty easy. Xander kinda breaks this map.

Shame that she's literally just a +Spd Virion with less HP and more Res.

Also, why the heck did IS give her Glimmer? I thought it was well established by now that those skills were basically worthless compared to literally any other activation skill.
What does Glimmer do again?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Netflix's stupid country restriction is stupid
I'm paying as much as anyone in the US, so why can't I watch my ****ing Parks and Rec?
I don't need a dub of everything!!!
Taiwan Neflix is kind of boring for now, and they only accept credit card which it isn't good for me.
Yeah, just a special OVA on Croix and even give us more interesting details on LWA's story.I think this could happen within the next 2-3 years, but again it's all up to TRIGGER

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What does Glimmer do again?

It's 1.5x damage dealt. Multiplier might be different, but it's Astra with a lower modifier and cool down count.

The problem with it is that it's the only damage boosting skill that depends on your attack being higher than your opponent's defense/resistance. In short, 1.5x0 is still 0.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean honestly I just plan on using one Clarisse as SI fodder for Virion. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What exactly does Clarisse have as a skill that's valuable for SI? Everything about her just seems kinda meh.
Her bow is, oddly enough, fantastic for Virion. Virion has the highest HP of all colorless units, by far. Combining Clarisse's bow, some +HP skills, and Panic Ploy actually gives Virion a kind of specific but interesting niche that only he can really use.

There's some discussion right now on the subreddit about it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What exactly does Clarisse have as a skill that's valuable for SI? Everything about her just seems kinda meh.
Her Bow is an AoE Seal Atk/Spd. That is rather huge despite her stats, especially if combined with a Seal Atk or Spd skill that affects the main target.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Her Bow is an AoE Seal Atk/Spd. That is rather huge despite her stats, especially if combined with a Seal Atk or Spd skill that affects the main target.
AoE effects like that seem rather situational to me. I use F!Corrin in my arena teams sometimes, and I can't really recall a time when her Dark Breath effect ever proved really useful.

Certainly seems less useful than the guaranteed higher damage a Silver Bow provides.

Even the Refreshing Bolt from the upcoming summer focus looks like it'd be more useful.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
AoE effects like that seem rather situational to me. I use F!Corrin in my arena teams sometimes, and I can't really recall a time when her Dark Breath effect ever proved really useful.

Certainly seems less useful than the guaranteed higher damage a Silver Bow provides.

Even the Refreshing Bolt from the upcoming summer focus looks like it'd be more useful.
The niche that the Virion+Clarisse's Bow build provides is as a tanky debuffer. With that and Panic Ploy, it gives something like -11 Attack and Speed to a buffed Horse/Armor/Flier Emblem team. And considering Virion's comparatively massive HP, it's almost guaranteed to be in effect.

The build isn't going for a power build, but a debuff build.

Well ****.

Guess I need to run around and get some white magic I skipped.

Because who needs Tanks anyway?

Two crystals down. The boss was really hard, until I remembered Order exists. Taking like 50% damage and still doing the same amount is really OP haha

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The niche that the Virion+Clarisse's Bow build provides is as a tanky debuffer. With that and Panic Ploy, it gives something like -11 Attack and Speed to a buffed Horse/Armor/Flier Emblem team. And considering Virion's comparatively massive HP, it's almost guaranteed to be in effect.

The build isn't going for a power build, but a debuff build.
I'm aware, I'm just not sure a build like that is terribly valuable.

Getting the AoE debuff to work relies on most of your enemies being bunched up together, which isn't very common in my experience. I tend to bait enemies, which usually means one of them is way out ahead of the others. Additionally, most arena strat in my experience involve isolating enemies to be dealt with one by one.

Panic ploy is useful, but mainly as a hard counter to -blade teams. (FYI, debuffs don't affect -blade tome attack boosts. They only care about positive buffs.)

But maybe I'm too used to high tier play or something to appreciate this. Maybe stuff like this is valuable to low tiers, who knows.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
MvCI seems to be this huge PR nightmare. Between Capcom's probable mismanagement/incompetence and Disney's meddling with the roster, there's no good answer for the public on the mess. Granted, the words chosen could have been wiser.

This is a good thread on the whole dilemma, very much worth a read.

I've seen never seen Kappa so united on something other than Tuesday blowups and thicc Asians. It's a sight to behold.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hm, I see, interesting.

Poor Capcom, I still wish MvC fan who have been waiting for years could have get the game that they wanted and love it. But now, DBZ have taken the crown whil MvC:I is trying to get it back.

For me, again, as long that Jedah look fine, his gameplay seem fun and they don't censore him too much. I will consider MvC:I a good game even if the rest of the game is trash. Tough, we are still waiting an official annoucement as of now...Please don't **** Jedah Capcom...
Honestly the game could be fixed up a ton before release. Both of the demos; the story and E3; were apparently months behind what the current development build, which is a normal thing before a game's release. They're definitely aware of the various visual issues like Chun-Li's face, even the producer (I think producer) mentioned it was disgusting. From what people say, the gameplay is also really good. The game may not be a continuation of the formula set by Marvel 2 and 3, but it's still Marvel nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom