• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll link it because some of the lyrics might offend the mods, but this is basically ****post Emblem: The Musical. :p

Basically every character there gets a theme song, and dammit all I lost it at Celica's, especially right after Alm's. Ike, Ryoma, Virion, Ephraim, and Lyn/Eliwood/Hector's were also notably great.
Pleasantly surprised at Sigurd's, mostly because it's still depressingly fitting for him. Ephraim's, Arthur's and Celica's were great too.

Isabeau? you mean Isabelle the doggo? Only Isabeau I know is the SMT one
Yep, played too much SMTIV apparently.

Lotta people didn't think she'd appear outside of Galaxy. Not sure why. In retrospect it seems obvious that every notable Mario character will get milked to some extent. Unless Square owns you. :p

But to be fair, Nintendo started pushing her right after Galaxy. Just because it's a spin-off doesn't mean it's exempt from constituting being pushed. People thought her appearance in MKWii undermined her as a character. Maybe because she had actually received more characterization than most Mario characters. Maybe because people would now know her from her imminent dozens of spin-off appearances over her actual important one. I didn't really care, but once I saw her in MK Wii it was pretty easy to tell the writing would be on the wall and she was now spin-off bound.

I guess people might call her a Lightning because they didn't much call for her appearance in spin-off Mario games, but that happened anyway. Seemed pretty much to be expected. And to their point she doesn't often seem super requested to turn up in things she does turn up in, despite the fact that she is a popular Mario character. Though personally I hadn't heard her being called that til now.
Sorry for being a bit late on this.

The thing with the spinoffs is that while it can constitute as pushing the character, it really doesn't push her anymore then it does the typical spinoff crowd. She's only 'pushed' in the same sense characters like Dry Bones are pushed, she's another character you can race/golf/tennis/whatever Nintendo comes up with, but not one that has a high level of presence among the cast there. It's definitely more appearances for her to be seen in, but it isn't necessarily to the level of being a "Lightning" I'd say.

As for the 'it undermines her character' bit, that I can kind of see the argument for if you're attached to her character in Galaxy. At the same time though, that depends on your viewpoint of spinoffs as usually they incorporate characters regardless of importance or role, and as you sad Mario tends to fall into that the most so her being in them is pretty much par the course anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oooooooh, yeah, today's the day.

The only holiday that matters. :denzel::denzel::denzel:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What in the red that I just miss on?
Is redfeatherraven redfeatherraven a Ditto or something? Except instead of having a goofy smile, he always have his glass no matter the form he take?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today is Lucina's Birthday.
Im sure this day will be flat out amazing!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Haven't done much in Terraria, but I finally managed something interesting again.

79 Hellstone. 182 Obisidian. Still haven't so much as touched a boss.

. . .Unfortunately I still need a Hellstone Forge. Never thought I'd see the day getting that was the hard part.

How did I manage to stay under there long enough to do that? Well. . .let's just say a little pink friend helped me out.

Also much Platinum splurging.

What should we get her for a present?

It's not like she'd have much time to get presents back where she came from. She'd probably be overjoyed at any gift whatsoever, but making an extra effort to make her smile sounds like a good idea.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why do you guys know Lucina's birthday?

Why am I surprised you guys know that it's Lucina's birthday. >_<

Today is also Hitler's birthday.

Hmm.

Might have to get high about it.

I have no excuse for that one, mods. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Be sure to leave out cookies and milk for Snoop Dog and Willie Nelson. I know they're making their trips right about now. :denzel:
Nope, you've got the lore all wrong. The Santa Clause of this holiday is the 420 Fairy....

Actually no, you're right, Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson are more like the Santa Clause of the holiday. The 420 Fairy is a spiritual force that chooses special people and tries to influence them to blaze it.

Source: Some random stoner on youtube I only know about because his video was watched on a podcast.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
By now they've torn up that list in need of roaches. xD

Cockroaches, mods. Dun worry.
Thanks to something I found out a day or two ago I am now imagining Snoop Dogg/Lion fixing PS4s.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mah boy Snoop burning roaches to fix a PS4 to play anime girls games is my headcanon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It'll be flat alright.
Man, I feel like those jokes fall pretty flat on their face.
:4lucina:
On that note, isn't Lucina have a actually decent bust? And the only reason she seem flat is because of her disguise as Marth?
Also, I just found that.

And it's HAMAZING!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
79 Hellstone. 182 Obisidian. Still haven't so much as touched a boss.
I feel that.

Summoned Skeletor once, insta-gibbed. Haven't gone near a boss since.

Bit of an update on my run, tucked:
I decided to get to work on a subway system for fast travel, in order to keep most of whatever meteors decide to hit. Most of the time I run with a one-block-thick skybridge of platforms, which works great for both travel and boss fights, but as you can imagine doesn't offer much meteor.

Started off east since the Dungeon was that direction. Mostly went well until I hit the eastern desert:

upload_2017-4-20_3-54-20.png

Desert said **** my subway.

Alright, desert, that's an excellent point you make, but if I may retort:

**** you, desert.

upload_2017-4-20_3-56-34.png

Nothing stops the chu chu train.

Not even the next-door crimson, piling crimsand twice as high.

upload_2017-4-20_3-57-18.png

I will have my goddamn subway.

In between bouts of strip-mining entire biomes, my Moonglow farms finally bore meager fruit, and therefore I've got some Spelunking potions. Going to mine up a full set of gold armor, then go see what this Brain of Cthulhu business is all about.

What should we get her for a present?
Need to get that girl a nice bust.

What.

What'd you think I meant?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

What.

That's honestly what I thought you meant.

Now if the there wasn't a spoilered image there, then I would have thought something else.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel that.

Summoned Skeletor once, insta-gibbed. Haven't gone near a boss since.

Bit of an update on my run, tucked:
I decided to get to work on a subway system for fast travel, in order to keep most of whatever meteors decide to hit. Most of the time I run with a one-block-thick skybridge of platforms, which works great for both travel and boss fights, but as you can imagine doesn't offer much meteor.

Started off east since the Dungeon was that direction. Mostly went well until I hit the eastern desert:

View attachment 128234

Desert said **** my subway.

Alright, desert, that's an excellent point you make, but if I may retort:

**** you, desert.

View attachment 128235

Nothing stops the chu chu train.

Not even the next-door crimson, piling crimsand twice as high.

View attachment 128236

I will have my goddamn subway.

In between bouts of strip-mining entire biomes, my Moonglow farms finally bore meager fruit, and therefore I've got some Spelunking potions. Going to mine up a full set of gold armor, then go see what this Brain of Cthulhu business is all about.

What.

I'm currently -planning- on shooting for Eater of Worlds first whenever I finally get around to it. It's Expert mode modifications may end up making me regret that, but it doesn't jump around like Eye of Cthulhu or act like as much of a hassle as Skeletron.

That and I can't help but eye that Worm Scarf. 17% damage reduction is gonna do way more for me in the long run than the Shackle I currently have on. And, well. . .gotta be honest, the scarf looks pretty cool too.

That reminds me that I usually set up a skybridge as some point as well, but Harpies are already pretty tough on normal without the proper armor and stats and. . .naaah, I can wait a bit. I usually end up with at least one meteor dropping by the time I get around to it anyway.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That reminds me that I usually set up a skybridge as some point as well, but Harpies are already pretty tough on normal without the proper armor and stats and. . .naaah, I can wait a bit. I usually end up with at least one meteor dropping by the time I get around to it anyway.
upload_2017-4-20_4-42-27.png

I'll take the Harpies.

If you look carefully, you can just make out that the top of this plateau I'm levelling is so high the minimap isn't fully updating as I go.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I should be playing more Breath of the Wild but after The Ringed City I'm having much more fun playing DS3. Whole DLC felt pretty close to The Old Hunters in terms of level design and weapons (ESPECIALLY weapons. Paired Greatswords is anime as hell and fun to use while others are just silly fun times like the Giant Door Greatshield).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Untitled-3.jpg

I made my own custom NES style Yoshi sprite. It, of course, is a mixture of Birdo from SMB 2 and Yoshi from ...Yoshi.

Untitled-1.jpg

I also made some edits to Donkey Kong to make him more in line with NES games with better graphics

Edit: I'm curious if the Yoshi custom looks good. Yoshi is usually 2x2 in SMW but I had to make him 1x2

Edit:

DK wasn't taking up the room he was given so I added Jr to the "Painting" as well
DKJR.jpg

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Does anyone know why none of the Dragon Quest games made it to the Famicom Classic? Those games were huge in Japan.

Come to think of it none of those games came to the virtual console did they? Why?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today in my English class
My teacher was talking about idioms, one of them was "Bites the dust" and then he started singing the song and I was like "Is that a mother****ing Jojo's reference?" the whole time. And no one in my class knows Bites the Dust and it confirms they all have ****taste.
Also, this was in my book
20170418_073517-1.jpg

The translation below it uses the old meaning for some reason, this book was made, like, 3 years ago

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say I'm too interested in the new Warriors show. Though I'm kind of surprised something actually happened with the Cloak and Dagger thing. Didn't think that was getting off the ground.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know why none of the Dragon Quest games made it to the Famicom Classic? Those games were huge in Japan.

Come to think of it none of those games came to the virtual console did they? Why?
Instead, they released a physical Wii compilation of the Famicom and Super Famicom versions of I-III, only in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
View attachment 128241

I made my own custom NES style Yoshi sprite. It, of course, is a mixture of Birdo from SMB 2 and Yoshi from ...Yoshi.

View attachment 128242

I also made some edits to Donkey Kong to make him more in line with NES games with better graphics

Edit: I'm curious if the Yoshi custom looks good. Yoshi is usually 2x2 in SMW but I had to make him 1x2

Edit:

DK wasn't taking up the room he was given so I added Jr to the "Painting" as well
Now I want to try my hand in this even if I am bad at it lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why do you guys know Lucina's birthday?

Why am I surprised you guys know that it's Lucina's birthday. >_<

Today is also Hitler's birthday.

Hmm.

Might have to get high about it.

I have no excuse for that one, mods. :awesome:
I only remember Lucina's birthday because it's 4/20 and people joke about it every year. :p

That being said I have no such excuse for why I remember Chrom's.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces will be in the latest issue of Dengeki magazine with another Takashi Iizuka interview.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That Custom Robo hype is still alive when Ray of all characters had won. Saki was definitely close, very close. Then there's Akari who had a better fighting chance than her Wave Race brother. Maybe because she's cute or more people happen to love 1080.

Now we are finally doing the Punch Out series and trust me when I say that I'll be going through a lot of boxers. Your choices for now are King Hippo (@Arcadenik), Glass Joe (@Thatkidwiththeafro), Doc Louis, and Bald Bull.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And before anyone asks, I know that I'll be bombarded with ***** Stole My Bike jokes because of a certain fat chocolate water.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That Custom Robo hype is still alive when Ray of all characters had won. Saki was definitely close, very close. Then there's Akari who had a better fighting chance than her Wave Race brother. Maybe because she's cute or more people happen to love 1080.

Now we are finally doing the Punch Out series and trust me when I say that I'll be going through a lot of boxers. Your choices for now are King Hippo (@Arcadenik), Glass Joe (@Thatkidwiththeafro), Doc Louis, and Bald Bull.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And before anyone asks, I know that I'll be bombarded with ***** Stole My Bike jokes because of a certain fat chocolate water.
You make that sound like it's a bad thing.

***** Stole My Bike is without a doubt the best Punch Out meme that ever lived since "Release the bogus".

And yes, I'm voting for the best fat chocolate husbando. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember Owain's birthday but that's because it's the day before mine. Same for Deku from MHA.
July 15th seems to be a popular birthday
I have no excuse for remembering Forrest's tho

Speaking of Fates, I'd like to point out that we STILL don't have 85% of its official art while Echoes has 100% of it on Day One
Can we get those now, IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom