• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can? Since when? And how?
Still, it's only part of them
IIRC it's just with newer games, like Switch games.

I could actually check that, but my BotW copy is still sealed and I don't want to unseal it just yet.

------------

Could one of you be the next member of the meme team?

Chrono.

I could actually check that, but my BotW copy is still sealed and I don't want to unseal it just yet.

------------

You register them from the Switch itself, the box has nothing on the inside other than the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

------------

I've seen enough RvB to know how to speak Spanish. Time to apply!

D

Deleted member

I've been playing super mario maker finally, I got it in Christmas of 2015, but I didn't really play it because I thought unlocking everything would take too long for a simple concept.(I.E, the delivery thing was a turn off.)

But I didn't know that the time could be shortened to just unlocking the stuff instantly, so I actually unlocked everything very quickly. So right now my little bro is making a level for me to beat. We're going to take turns doing that.

Also, this really makes me want a castlevania maker. The level I'm going to make is definitely going to be a sp00ky one, that's for sure.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I guess it's another case of "this is the internet where having a different opinion is seen as heresy". I'd give BotW a lower score due to my issues with it.
I don't think it's a perfect game either, but I'm having a blast with it. My biggest issues so far is how not durable the weapons are and how there's nothing to remedy that, and how we have the see the same cutscenes over and over. Aside from talking to Impa and helping out Sidon, all I've done so far is do Shrines and climb towers. It's fun to do, but having to watch a ball of light slowly drop onto the sheikah slate every time with no way to skip... yeah, pretty annoying.

Sacred Stones sale is tempting. . .not doing anything else with these points.

But I dont need another distraction with Conquest, EO, and Echoes looming over me

Good things about listening to Bravely Second OST: awesome music

Bad things about listening to Bravely Second OST: Suddenly having a mighty need to replay Bravely Second

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Funny how disturbingly similar the Fire Emblem and Senran Kagura fanbase are.

They both have their fair share of elitists that miss the older gameplay and serious writing as much as the new fans that only care for the "best waifus" who are only in recent games and fanservice .

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That moment when I tell my friend (who has played his fair share of Castlevania games) that 'Alucard' is 'Dracula' backwards and I end up blowing his mind....

Still haven't played any Castlevania games myself...I do plan on getting around to them eventually however....
I mean being one of the pioneers for one of my favourite gaming genres, you think I would have at this point...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Generally, when I review a game, I try to be as objective as possible, but this is also why I won't review a game I haven't heavily played.

My score reflects what I feel, due to the criteria given, is the most reasonable it should be at. Note that I give higher scores to better games in general because I feel they have better points to the game itself.

Let's compare two games; Quest 64 and Final Fantasy VII. Now, for the record, I am not a big fan of VII overall. I didn't enjoy it one bit. However, I still acknowledge it has a ton of better overall content even then. I don't let my tastes dictate the review entirely. I look at more than that. The overall quality of the music compared to just "liking that kind of music" is more important to me. Now, my criteria isn't straight out objective even then. It's still overall subjective. But my criteria and the way I review is trying to find an objective look at it.

I view Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed in the same way. IMO, Sonic 06 is maybe a 4/10, a little below average at this point. I'd give Sonic Unleashed a 7/10. A good game, but flawed. Obviously these are very simplistic viewings of it, but I can't legit review Unleashed(I've played bits and pieces, but my opinion is still a 7/10 till I get really and fully experience enough of the game in its entirety to give a stronger review). 06 I have played way more of. So I have a better understanding and more to talk about.

I can't think of any other similar examples to these two, but a good way to look at it when I review games is this; My personal opinions and experiences are a bit less important than other criteria when it comes to the review as a whole.

That said, hope this was insightful as a whole. :)

D

Deleted member

That moment when I tell my friend (who has played his fair share of Castlevania games) that 'Alucard' is 'Dracula' backwards and I end up blowing his mind....
To be fair, what castlevania games has he played? Many don't have Alucard in them, so I wouldn't be surprised, still though I'm surprised he didn't know that as people not knowing that Alucard is Dracula backwards is one of the most common memes in the fandom. :p

Still haven't played any Castlevania games myself...I do plan on getting around to them eventually however....
I mean being one of the pioneers for one of my favourite gaming genres, you think I would have at this point...
Honestly, you can pick up any of the metroidvania games and you'll be fine, they're all good to start out with. But for the platformers, I'd recommend starting with Super Castlevania IV or Bloodlines.(Though personally I prefer Bloodlines, though both are excellent.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

They both have their fair share of elitists that miss the older gameplay and serious writing as much as the new fans that only care for the "best waifus" who are only in recent games and fanservice .
I don't really care about waifus and I started with the most recent FE games, what on earth does that make me?

Of course, technically I started one game earlier than the wave of new FE fans due to a holiday gift one year long ago, but according to the fandom I'm not a "real fan" if I play that, either.

D

Deleted member

Of course, technically I started one game earlier than the wave of new FE fans due to a holiday gift one year long ago, but according to the fandom I'm not a "real fan" if I play that, either.
The fandom in general doesn't think that, that's just a general strawman.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't really care about waifus and I started with the most recent FE games, what on earth does that make me?

Just a regular newcomer that appreciate the good parts of Fire Emblem and not a guilable otaku/fujoshi that's in it for the waifus/husbandos.

You're good Coricus.

Chrono.

Senran Kagura has always been about waifus and fanservice.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The Fire Emblem fandom reminds me of Star Wars fan where spend more time ripping the series apart than adoring it

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be fair, what castlevania games has he played? Many don't have Alucard in them, so I wouldn't be surprised, still though I'm surprised he didn't know that as people not knowing that Alucard is Dracula backwards is one of the most common memes in the fandom. :p

Honestly, you can pick up any of the metroidvania games and you'll be fine, they're all good to start out with. But for the platformers, I'd recommend starting with Super Castlevania IV or Bloodlines.(Though personally I prefer Bloodlines.)
I don't know what games he has played exactly but (admittedly after I got a kill with ZSS's zair) we had a short discussion about Castlevania characters for Smash and he mentioned that he thought Alucard would be a more interesting option despite Simon Belmont's popularity...

So I assume he's played enough to at least be familiar with Alucard to think he'd make for a more interesting character in Smash...

I'll keep those suggestions in mind if I do get around to playing a Castlevania game...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Fire Emblem fandom reminds me of Star Wars fan where spend more time ripping the series apart than adoring it
The Fire Emblem fandom is a drop in the bucket compared to the Sonic fandom, TBH.

At least there's SOME FE fans that like the new games. I wonder why the people in the Sonic community even bother calling themselves fans anymore with the sheer woe is me everything is terrible attitude they project.

D

Deleted member

That's not really that true. People love to generalize that it's just the old fans that hate awakening and fates, but I've seen plenty of people that LOVE Awakening but HATE Fates. And vice versa.

If anything, people just don't want every single FE game to be too similar to Awakening since awakening was such a success. Not that you have to scrap everything entirely from it, it's definitely brought plenty of good things, including supports since whether or not you're a shipper they are a lot of fun.

It's not even like the Star Wars franchise where before the prequels you had this set of movies that are regarded as near perfect. Fire Emblem is a franchise where the games have vastly changed throughout the years even before Awakening.

And it's not like they're just going to make every game like awakening just because fates was like it. They've always stuck to a certain style for a certain number of games for quite awhile.

I don't know what games he has played exactly but (admittedly after I got a kill with ZSS's zair) we had a short discussion about Castlevania characters for Smash and he mentioned that he thought Alucard would be a more interesting option despite Simon Belmont's popularity...

So I assume he's played enough to at least be familiar with Alucard to think he'd make for a more interesting character in Smash...

I'll keep those suggestions in mind if I do get around to playing a Castlevania game...
To be fair, it's only memed about because it is actually something that actually happens, I didn't mean to be rude, just for the record. I didn't even notice it in awhile. :p It's just one of those things that's subtle until it's pointed out, which is why it's so funny.

But yes, I agree with him, Alucard would be a much better choice than Simon.(Wow, no one would've guessed based on my name, huh?) Alucard would definitely be my first choice, then after him would be Trevor or Richter since they're very notable too and honestly have a lot more things going for them than Simon. But Simon is no bad choice by any means, it's just that he's very popular and well known outside of the Castlevania fandom, even though there's more notable and relevant Belmonts.

Mainly Trevor and Richter as I've stated, and I'd say Trevor is the most likely because Konami seems to love to use him even more than Simon. Not to mention that he's closely connected to Alucard regardless of which canon you go by.(I.E. Either Alucard's friend, son, or in Lords of Shadow, he is Alucard. :p)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I'm finally caught up with SvtFOE. What a ride. Can't wait for season three (and four :D), especially since I'm down the same fan theory rabbit hole now that I was when Gravity Falls was still airing.

That cliffhanger though D:

Also being pro-Starco had been eternal suffering, but dammit all, if I survived the FitzSimmons roller coaster I can survive this.

Now to get back to the Toffee/Eclipsa/Marco conspiracies.

Chrono.

I don't really partake in fandoms or anything.

It's better to just make friends or small circles where you all like the thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

You just blew a second mind today.

I can't believe I never noticed that.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's not really that true. People love to generalize that it's just the old fans that hate awakening and fates, but I've seen plenty of people that LOVE Awakening but HATE Fates. And vice versa.

If anything, people just don't want every single FE game to be too similar to Awakening since awakening was such a success. Not that you have to scrap everything entirely from it, it's definitely brought plenty of good things, including supports since whether or not you're a shipper they are a lot of fun.

It's not even like the Star Wars franchise where before the prequels you had this set of movies that are regarded as near perfect. Fire Emblem is a franchise where the games have vastly changed throughout the years even before Awakening.

And it's not like they're just going to make every game like awakening just because fates was like it. They've always stuck to a certain style for a certain number of games for quite awhile.

To be fair, it's only memed about because it is actually something that actually happens, I didn't mean to be rude, just for the record. I didn't even notice it in awhile. :p It's just one of those things that's subtle until it's pointed out, which is why it's so funny.

But yes, I agree with him, Alucard would be a much better choice than Simon.(Wow, no one would've guessed based on my name, huh?) Alucard would definitely be my first choice, then after him would be Trevor or Richter since they're very notable too and honestly have a lot more things going for them than Simon. But Simon is no bad choice by any means, it's just that he's very popular and well known outside of the Castlevania fandom, even though there's more notable and relevant Belmonts.

Mainly Trevor and Richter as I've stated, and I'd say Trevor is the most likely because Konami seems to love to use him even more than Simon. Not to mention that he's closely connected to Alucard regardless of which canon you go by.(I.E. Either Alucard's friend, son, or in Lords of Shadow, he is Alucard. :p)
I never thought of your post as rude in any way....I wasn't even aware that it was a meme, just something I noticed pretty much everytime I see your user name :p

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Being an F-Zero fan reminds me of Eternal Darkness.

Meaning that, it's what we're experiencing.

D

Deleted member

I never thought of your post as rude in any way....I wasn't even aware that it was a meme, just something I noticed pretty much everytime I see your user name :p
Ah, I see, like I said, it's pretty something that hides in plain side.

And for the record, no, Dracula didn't give his son his own name but backwards. He may be the Satan of Castlevania lore, but no one can possibly be THAT evil. :p Alucard's real name is Adrian, but he gives himself the name Alucard to show that he opposes his father.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yuffie and Vincent lost to a fire lion. I guess everyone is so desperate for more quadruped fighters in Smash. or just find Red XIII awesome.

Your new choices are Sephiroth, Rufus, Hojo, and Cid. Lalalala

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Even then, the writing was a bit serious (even with an overarching story) for the 3DS games. It's games like the PS Versus titles that are exaggerating the fanservice and beach episodes more often. The difference is clear when you see less things like this.

Yes, this horrid abomination is a part of the same series. And trope-y characters like Ryona the Punsih Happy Masochist never existed in this timeline.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All of the weeaboo fanboy wars can be put to rest.

The definitive, coolest anime character has been discovered.

"Um...no?"

b90dcb44-50c6-4985-89ac-4c4ac46b1a31.png

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All of the weeaboo fanboy wars can be put to rest.

The definitive, coolest anime character has been discovered.

Big confirmed as a planet buster. :troll:

Except for that part where most of the new characters (especially Miss Ice Queen Yumi) overshadow the old cast and even get more screentime than them in the newer games. To add more insult to the injury, they barely even get half of the character development the old cast gets. And she was mostly talking about the newcomers that got into the series because of Shinovi and Estival Versus.

You know there's something wrong when Asuka, Mirai, Yomi, and Hikage are the only characters from Timeline 1 that score high in recent popularity polls.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There's serious games?

I'm being genuine here, I had no idea. Only knew of the series from Peach Beach Splash.

Point me in a direction, Aussie? I'm kind of curious now.

Presumably it makes you a Coricus.

Who likes things for her own reasons, and not the reasons of some awkward strawman.

And for the record, no, Dracula didn't give his son his own name but backwards. He may be the Satan of Castlevania lore, but no one can possibly be THAT evil. :p Alucard's real name is Adrian, but he gives himself the name Alucard to show that he opposes his father.
As someone who only knows bits of Castlevania's existence and maybe played part of an NES game, I genuinely thought he'd been given that name by Dracula and was an antihero at best.

Learning all kinds of things tonight.

I hope they bring Big back. And go full memetic badass with him
I can't decide if I want to be enthusiastic or horrified at a potentially awesome Big.

I can't make up my mind whether it'd work.

D

Deleted member

The Fire Emblem fandom reminds me of my Nintendo hipster cred going out the window.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There's serious games?

I'm being genuine here, I had no idea. Only knew of the series from Peach Beach Splash.

Point me in a direction, Aussie? I'm kind of curious now.
Burst and Deep Crimson, both are on the 3DS.

They clearly focus more on the story and lore of the series, which easily seperates them from the more lighthearted fanservice heavy games like Estival Versus. I'm not saying it's Evangoleon levels of deep, but they are put in serious situations and have more character development.

Like Yagyu being hospitalized after Mirai shooting her with poison bullets and the whole trust conflict between the Hanzo Students and Crimson Squad. Even characters die on screen like the way Dogen dies after you defeat the second Yoma.

In comparison, it's just beach stuff and anime-tier humor80% of the time in the Versus games with only few serious moments.

Like the subplot with Ryona and Ryoubi's dead sister seeing them again after her death, which the latter blames herself for

Even Peach Beach Splash is no different looking at it now. The 7th game that's teased in PBS's secret ending might as well be a return to its more serious roots.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can't decide if I want to be enthusiastic or horrified at a potentially awesome Big.

I can't make up my mind whether it'd work.
I would like to take the time to remind everyone that he has the same voice actor as Duke Nukem.

Whether or not that's enough I haven't the faintest clue, but that's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom