• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, time to change my phone wallpaper again

:4feroy::4lucina:

This month will be too short. I hope someone makes a version with no calendar so I can have Roy all year instead of just this month
What's your phone screen's resolution?

Not finished yet but I'm in the process of removing the text.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
yes...its in the psot you can see the characters moving around and while one is a chibified vic viper from gradius the other is clearly piramid head complete with clever (you can get a better look at them in the game theory stream around 51 minutes in)

I didn't see anything secret there.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I didn't see anything secret there.

Like I said, I'm not entirely positive if the top left one is Vic Viper. But the bottom right one definitely resembles/is definitely Pyramid Head.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Point of curiosity as a writer who someday seeks to do this.

What examples would you present for compelling women's characters?

Anyone else feel free to chime in as well.
I'm not the type of person who has any grasp on writing and I've barely scratched the surface of any media out there, so my position on a professional level is probably impossibly flawed and I don't really have any examples, but as a woman. . .I would think that people are overthinking it and that the same thing that makes a man compelling would make a woman compelling.

Give them a personality, give them the right balance of flaws and positive points to be relatable. I think people on both sides of the fence miss that and assume that in order for a female character to not be weak she has to be a cardboard Mary Sue, or even just plain cardboard. Like personalities and weaknesses are sexist just for existing. Anything happening BECAUSE she's a woman is ill-advised, and that happens a lot too, but people seem to treat things happening because a woman is sapient with the same brush for some reason when it really shouldn't be.

My thought would be to not write a woman first and a person second, but a person first and a woman second. Don't let being a girl define who they are.

D

Deleted member

Giving the character no personality whatsoever usually pleases people. Not even just for female characters, same for male characters. I mean, if the character has no character, then what is their to criticize other than the absence of character itself?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Like I said, I'm not entirely positive if the top left one is Vic Viper. But the bottom right one definitely resembles/is definitely Pyramid Head.
i Might be wrong but it think the brown haired bomber is supposed to be simon belmont

D

Deleted member

Point of curiosity as a writer who someday seeks to do this.

What examples would you present for compelling women's characters?

Anyone else feel free to chime in as well.
A little late but I want to add my two cents.

The secret is to write them as characters.
There isn't a formula, just don't use stereotypes and gender roles like they're the norm(it's fine to make a character that falls under them, it's not to make it a fact to all of them) or objectify them(like every single Light ****ing Novel)

As for examples, I'd say Saber(aka King Arthur) from Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night

She's one of my favorite characters in fiction and she's the perfect example of a "strong female character", becuse you write a "character" with flaws and talents.
The true tale of King Arthur in the Nasuverse is about society's view on her gender, what she had to sacrifice to fulfill her duty as King and how her selfish way of trying to save Britain all by herself and never casting judgement on others eventually led to its destruction. Despite this, she managed to repel the Saxons and rule Britain at first for sometime and was turned into the strongest class out of the 7 a Heroic Spirit can become, the Saber class.

On the other hand, you can have characters like Pearl from Steven Universe

There's no doubt Pearl is a strong character, but what I want to bring up here is her dependency and obssession over Rose. This was so strong that you could say all she ever did was for Rose, she was never able to do anything without her and during the series we see how lost she feels now that Rose is gone. Change her[Rose's] gender and you get some unfortunate implications.
But while Rose was the first who treated her as more than a "pretty toy", what changed when she continued to act as if Rose was completely above her? Over the course of the show, we see her develop and start being able to be independant and move on, without having to feel as if Rose was everything, while keeping all the respect she had for her and carrying on her wish of protecting Earth.
@Shishœ: If you have a class open, I'll totally take the Necromancer class. Cleric is clearly taken, as I saw, so...
There is no Necromancer class but I guess Hexer is the closest to it. Could try offensive Hexer I guess.

And well, in this game at least, EOV has a class called Necromancer but I got a warning last time I posted their portraits

Ivander

Smash Legend
i Might be wrong but it think the brown haired bomber is supposed to be simon belmont
Hmm, I do see the resemblance, especially after noticing the headband. If I had to guess the look of what it was based off of, I'd say this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Didn't notice that two of the new Bombermen are possibly Simon Belmont & Pyramid Head.

Surprised something like that are being given away for free.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Would you look at that; we've hit 500 pages already, guys! :p

Guess that confirms the NintenZone is one of the, if not the most active thread here on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is no Necromancer class but I guess Hexer is the closest to it. Could try offensive Hexer I guess.

And well, in this game at least, EOV has a class called Necromancer but I got a warning last time I posted their portraits
Ah, one of those "inappropriate" portraits. Well, Hexer is fine under this condition. Medic obviously covers Cleric, heh(which is why I didn't ask for that one instead). If Lancer is available otherwise, you could use Guun for it(I can explain his powers if necessary).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Meanwhile PETA is triggered over a milking min game in 1, 2 Switch.

http://enthusiast.gg/10733/peta-angered-by-1-2-switch-milking-minigame

Yes, this is the usual.
How is this a problem and not hunting in Breath of the Wild? LOL

Zelda is more popular, too, and that usually seems to be the only qualification for crusaders to target something. I guess 1-2-Switch's heavier marketing push set it off, or the "realism" judging by the bit my Wii U managed to load.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm, I do see the resemblance, especially after noticing the headband. If I had to guess the look of what it was based off of, I'd say this.
Yeah, it's definitely based off that one. Which is also used in gameplay of the original port of castlevania chronicles on the Sharp X68000.(A Japanese home computer.) Which is why Chronicles doesn't really seem like a PS1 game in quality, it's because it's a port of an older game.

Here's all of the sprites of Simon. You can clearly see that in some of them he has similar head-wear.

Simon's pretty much never had a consistent design. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

Here is your boy.

Made two versions for fun.

roy_phone_wallpaper_small.png

roy_phone_wallpaper_title.png

If it isn't working with the screen size properly then feel free to have me change it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Jeanne is clearly the most wanted character as the second Bayonetta rep. Rodin was pretty close too as was Balder. But Aesir got nothing, I guess he's more fitting as a boss. Sorry @WhiteEaglePL.

Now I'm doing the massive Final Fantasy series in order and boy will this be fun. I will start with the original Nintendo exclusive games for now before I reach the more mainstream multiplat titles. Your choices are Black Mage, Fighter, Ninja, and White Mage. I'm hoping that Black Mage's support isn't too dead by now after Cloud's inclusion.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

How is this a problem and not hunting in Breath of the Wild? LOL

Zelda is more popular, too, and that usually seems to be the only qualification for crusaders to target something. I guess 1-2-Switch's heavier marketing push set it off, or the "realism" judging by the bit my Wii U managed to load.
I know right? You would think they would target Breath of the Wild because it's all about hunting and the way the animals die are pretty realistic too.

But their actual complaint is Nintendo turning something serious like bovine abuse for milking into something light. They will find any reason to stay relevant.

Jeanne is clearly the most wanted character as the second Bayonetta rep. Rodin was pretty close too as was Balder. But Aesir got nothing, I guess he's more fitting as a boss. Sorry @WhiteEaglePL.

Now I'm doing the massive Final Fantasy series in order and boy will this be fun. I will start with the original Nintendo exclusive games for now before I reach the more mainstream multiplat titles. Your choices are Black Mage, Fighter, Ninja, and White Mage. I'm hoping that Black Mage's support isn't too dead by now after Cloud's inclusion.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know right? You would think they would target Breath of the Wild because it's all about hunting and the way the animals die are pretty realistic too.

But their actual complaint is Nintendo turning something serious like bovine abuse for milking into something light. They will find any reason to stay relevant.
If I dont get a chance to vote for Tifa and Squall this poll is s sham

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

Here is your boy.

Made two versions for fun.

If it isn't working with the screen size properly then feel free to change it.

A la vache

It's spectacular.

Set to my phone and it looks amazing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah, one of those "inappropriate" portraits. Well, Hexer is fine under this condition. Medic obviously covers Cleric, heh(which is why I didn't ask for that one instead). If Lancer is available otherwise, you could use Guun for it(I can explain his powers if necessary).
I still have slots for new characters but the Squads are full, I think making more than 3 Parties is too much but I need someone to guard the eventual Survivalist group
I'll see that later anyways, my 3DS is out of battery right now

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funnily enough, I jokingly said "PETA was going to lose their ****" when I saw the milking game in 1 2 Switch's reveal trailer. And I was right all along.

PETA is predictable as a 12 piece jigsaw puzzle at this point.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a music leak for Sonic Forces.

Holy crap the music for this game is legit.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still have slots for new characters but the Squads are full, I think making more than 3 Parties is too much but I need someone to guard the eventual Survivalist group
I'll see that later anyways, my 3DS is out of battery right now
Ooh, interesting~ Anyway, when you figure something out, just tag me, please. :)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Funnily enough, I jokingly said "PETA was going to lose their ****" when I saw the milking game in 1 2 Switch's reveal trailer. And I was right all along.

PETA is predictable as a 12 piece jigsaw puzzle at this point.
Savage as hella. I wouldn't say that's an insult, you've cut them deeper than slices of bacon.

And don't brag about something that was going to happen anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, MHA S2 starts tomorrow. GET HYPE

But I have class in the morning and a mock test one hour after it ends
It'll be 10 long hours of suffering

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've heard it plays similarly like Pikmin. Is that right?
Kind of. Has more of a fantasy RPG angle to it though, kind of like Fable.

It's like a traditional fantasy adventure/RPG (Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Fable, etc), but you also get lots of little minions you can make do your bidding because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom