• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People talking smack about both Tharja AND Cordelia!?!?

thats some thin ice ur walkin on....

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
I've been going on a Flipnote Hatena/Sudomemo binge for the past week, though mostly through the means of YouTube. Some people cite them as being too edgy, but I don't find too many of them too bad. Plus, they all look awesome.

On another note, I've started my first mage run of Terraria. I love it when I find Fallen Stars all the time on my melee and ranged runs and yet I have to travel half a large map to just get five Fallen Stars for Mana Crystals.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She's the best red mage in the game. What are you even talking about
This,

I was excited to get tharja today. Was hoping for some 5 stars or another bow user, but got nothing good except her. Hopefully my 4star gordin can help beat Machilias on lunatic.

D

Deleted member

Best Awakening waifu is obviously Tiki for two huge reasons
She's one of the two characters who isn't Awakening original and the best Stone-user in the game

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Eh, depending on what everyone says, I may or may not go watch it. I've already decided to go see how bad Boss Baby is, and while some movies of such a thing are good I'm not big on superhero movies. But if this gets a good reception I'll give the Justice League movie a look.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just watched Return of the Jedi from a DVD.

I was very confused when I saw the ghost scene:
This was because Anakin was portrayed by Hayden Christensen (who played him in the prequels) in that scene. Turns out they had edited the scene sometime after the prequels were released.
Yeah, Star Wars re-releases tend to make changes/improvements over time (not just the original trilogy, but even the prequel trilogy)

I happen to have DVD's of the original trilogy that has both remastered version and the original theatrical release

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
on the one hand im glad the new power rangers is half decent...on the other i hate the fact its already been planed to have 5 sequles

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To nobody's surprise, Mega Man X is the clear winner of the last poll. What can I say, the expanded gameplay and serious plot are enough of a reason to love his games. Mega Man.EXE wasn't too far behind, showing we have enough Battle Network fans too.

Next will coincidentally focus on the Mega Nan X series of games. I know some of you are awaiting the arrival of Zero (@Xeno VII). In addition to Zero, you choices are the the newest member Axl and the reoccurring villains (Sigma and Vile respectively).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 "lol Zero stomps hard".
Vile's dope though. But yeah, Zero's probably gonna stomp this poll of yours, seeing as MMX did as well.

It annoys me that one of the Inkling designs looks like Skrillex.

Doesn't appear that I'll play tomorrow's run as I doubt I'll be awake at 7 am.
I hate how popular that hair styles like that are popular. They look really goofy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

on the one hand im glad the new power rangers is half decent...on the other i hate the fact its already been planed to have 5 sequles
Aren't most franchise movies nowadays built with a big number of sequels in mind anyway though? Some examples would be the Godzilla monster verse(which I don't know why some complain about, they already did that a long time ago.) and avatar already having a 5th movie planned despite us not having the second film yet.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As far as movies are concerned, the only big thing I'm really a fan of that's in theaters is Beauty and the Beast. I saw it last week with my fiancée. Every detail of the movie was just perfect. I've never seen such perfection since the first time I ever saw Toy Story.

Smash 4 having a tournament right no called Civil War

It's all about Zero VS Ally, and the logo for the tourny is Diddy vs Mario with their colors

Zero just got eliminated by a ZSS and placed 49th
Lol Zero

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be fair, we live in a world with like 7 Batman films, 5 Spider-Man films with another on the way, 6 Superman movies, 6 X-Men films with a Wolverine Trilogy, 8 for Fast and Furious, and 5 Terminators and 5 TMNT. Not totally a bad thing, as I enjoyed some of those films.

It does not surprise me in the slightest that they are planing for Power Rangers to get 5.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
To be fair, we live in a world with like 7 Batman films, 5 Spider-Man films with another on the way, 6 Superman movies, 6 X-Men films with a Wolverine Trilogy, 8 for Fast and Furious, and 5 Terminators and 5 TMNT. Not totally a bad thing, as I enjoyed some of those films.

It does not surprise me in the slightest that they are planing for Power Rangers to get 5.
Don't forget 20 Pokemon movies! They should really wait until they see how it does though and audiences respond to it

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Aren't most franchise movies nowadays built with a big number of sequels in mind anyway though? Some examples would be the Godzilla monster verse(which I don't know why some complain about, they already did that a long time ago.) and avatar already having a 5th movie planned despite us not having the second film yet.
Yeah. I really don't mind so long as the films at least feels like they've told a complete story and haven't crammed in loads of set up that doesn't flow with the films. This is part of why the MCU has done well really. The majority of films actually feel like complete stories and the set up is incorporated into them really well most of the time or left for post-credit scenes.

To be fair some of those have different continuities like the Burton/Schumacher Batman, Nolan's Batman trilogy and the DCEU for example. X-Men/Wolverine and F&F are good examples though.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah. I really don't mid so long as the films at least feels like they've told a complete story and haven't crammed in loads of set up that doesn't flow with the films. This is part of why the MCU has done well really. The majority of films actually feel like complete stories and the set up is incorporated into them really well most of the time or left for post-credit scenes.

To be fair some of those have different continuities like the Burton/Schumacher Batman, Nolan's Batman trilogy and the DCEU for example. X-Men/Wolverine and F&F are good examples though.

To be fair, the last Wolverine and past few F&F movies were pretty good

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah. I really don't mind so long as the films at least feels like they've told a complete story and haven't crammed in loads of set up that doesn't flow with the films. This is part of why the MCU has done well really. The majority of films actually feel like complete stories and the set up is incorporated into them really well most of the time or left for post-credit scenes.

True. I also forgot to mention Star Wars having 9 movies and at least another 3 in development. It's just that certain franchises in general tend to get a lot of films.

I don't mind this, since I've liked most Spider-Man films aside from 3. I'm hoping Homecoming will be good. I like the actor for young Spider-Man enough though. I feel Micheal Keaton will make the Vulture actually cool. I'm mostly worried about the supporting cast. I find most non heroes/villain characters in Marvel films end up being weak aside from a few exceptions.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Horizon Zero Dawn is a lot of fun.

It made me lose track of time.

It's also very, very pretty.

IMG_20170325_230939.jpg

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
On a brief Splatoon 2 note, I can say for myself that the game's got me hyped. Played on both the 2PM and 10 PM (AEST Timezone) sessions, and I certainly had a blast; it's still got the frenetic energy of the original, core gameplay with some new elements thrown in like new Specials and the Splat Dualies, and an even more colourful/brighter colour palette on this new hardware.

I attempted to play it on the TV in my room, but for some reason the Switch's connection up there is iffy, so most of my time was in Portable Mode in the living room.

I might play again later tonight at the final 10PM test-fire, but I've work to do for now. Catch you later thread.

Smash 4 having a tournament right no called Civil War

It's all about Zero VS Ally, and the logo for the tourny is Diddy vs Mario with their colors

Zero just got eliminated by a ZSS and placed 49th
Lol Zero
And now Ally just got sent to losers by a Ryu

This is like if Iron man got murdered by Omega Red and Captain america got his ass beat by moon knight (AKA people not in the movie)
This Civil War makes no damn sense!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Because it's definitely worth a mention, today is the 56th birthday of the Regginator.

I rewatched some older Reggie vids to celebrate, i'd imagine most have seen by now but linked them in the spoiler anyway.

Can he have a support thread again.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Because it's definitely worth a mention, today is the 56th birthday of the Regginator.

I rewatched some older Reggie vids to celebrate, i'd imagine most have seen by now but linked them in the spoiler anyway.

Can he have a support thread again.
I'll make the thread when I get home

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Zero dominated all the way to the end. Not to say Vile was bad either since his popularity helped. Both Axl (as expected) and Sigma had no support at all.

Now this one's going to be a bit controversial since it's from the first in Mega Man's internet adventures, Mega Man Battle Network. Your choices are Roll.EXE, Bass.EXE, Protoman.EXE, and Zero.EXE (Yes, Zero appeared as a Navi in the latter games).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This one will run all night long with Mega Man Zero next (No Zero because there's no use having him again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom