• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

okay ive got three things to reccomend

super bomberman R(its legit the best thing konamis done in years and we should reward the dog for not not ****ting on the carpet so it get the idea that not doing so is good)

master blaster zero (a requle* of the original blaster master with a bunch of crossover characters as dlc)

and mighty gunvolt burst (imagine of mighty number9 was a good game)

2 things of note
1 the term requle comes from the fact that its a remake of blaster master in america but a sequle to blastermaster in japan because of the main characters of japanese blaster master being plot relevant....i know its ****ing weird but i aint complaining

2 downlaod the demo of mighty gunvolt burst because youll get a free dlc characteer if you transfer the demo data to the full game(plus it'll elt you try the game out and see if you want to buy it)
I already played the Gunvolt demo in the 3DS. Long story short, I hated it

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I don't usually post Fire Emblem Heroes summon images on here but...

This man is a +ATK and -HP. I have never been so excited to have Big Boss in my team.

Chrono.

IGN posted one of the Dramatic Scenes from FighterZ.

They missed the finish though.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hi unique monster.

*kill unique monster in like 20 seconds, thanks to
Poppi QTr

Bye unique monster.

I love Tora.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's funny how this social thread lived for almost an entire year (at this rate, it'll be about a week short of reaching that title).

I remember how the past two NintenZone Socials usually lasted about 6-8 months tops.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh shocker. Sisters back at the ****ing uswless hospital.

in the time they take stuffing her face with pill after pill after pill, they could be trying to actually find out whats wrong with her.
i swear Im so stressed out I feel like hitting my head on something just to relieve this stess

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

So last night I ended up watching at least an hour of the big Mario Odyssey critique video (this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJx5xt2cB0).

His argument against it is how the game billed itself as a successor to 64 and Sunshine, but lacks any challenge and variety they had. As well as feeling like a majority of the moons are filler and the game punishes you for exploring away from the linear path as many moons won't be available to you the first time around in a Kingdom, instead padding the game out by making you revisit Kingdoms. As far as Kingdoms themselves go, he also feels they're far more restrictive than the levels in previous 3D Mario games and how a lot of the exploration amounts to just looking over at cliffs to see things hidden by the camera.

I can generally see where he's coming from, he did make me roll my eyes when he compared the game to Dark Souls (because of course he did). And also when he said the game was designed only for children who have never played a Mario game (or video game in general) in mind and that reviewers should've looked at the game as "a good game for children" as opposed to "one of the best of all time etc etc"

There's more but that's about what happened in the first hour or so. He makes good points, I just wish the condescending attitude for some of them wasn't there.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Cave Story+ is literally the same as the EShop version except it has updated sprites.
Also, I personally like the original sprites much better.
I remember they have an update that you can switch to those original sprites, maybe it's just the background but I am not really sure.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Dumb ass useless peices of **** doctors. Next time She goes to a doctor, Im giving them a piece of my mind aka, yell at them till my voice goes out. Why should I give them any respect if they arent even going to try their hardest and help my sister get better, pieces of crap

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His argument against it is how the game billed itself as a successor to 64 and Sunshine, but lacks any challenge and variety they had
I think Odyssey hits the perfect balance between challenging and easy, for most of the game at least. I'm pretty sure it'd be way harder if I couldn't do the Cappy Jump but if they made the difficulty higher while taking it into consideration, players who don't know how to do it would have a way too hard time.

Though I do feel like Darker Side is the perfect example of fake difficulty. One mistake and you're dead and have to start everything over.
As well as feeling like a majority of the moons are filler
Tbh, I feel the same. Most moons don't serve a purpose and having that many is unnecessary. With 64, for example, having multiple Stars allowed you to choose from what levels you took them and collecting them made it feel more like you were progressing. With Odyssey, not only will you inevitably surpass the minimal number of Moons required before finishing that Kingdom, you also do not have the ability to choose levels the way you did in 64 and there really isn't a sense of progression when Moons effectively mean jack ****
the game punishes you for exploring away from the linear path as many moons won't be available to you the first time around in a Kingdom, instead padding the game out by making you revisit Kingdoms.
I believe there really isn't a reason to lock away Moons before you fight the respective boss(and I don't mean locked areas, I mean arbitrarily hiding them away), though I do appreciate the Moonstone Moons due to them being postgame content.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IGN posted one of the Dramatic Scenes from FighterZ.

They missed the finish though.
Gohan's replacement voice is so grating. I honestly can't stand it.

Freeza's on the other hand is a million times better than the old one.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So the new Tempest Trials........oh boy, can't wait to see Quick Riposte + Vantage or another DoubleAttackSkill + Quick Riposte in Arena. On the other hand, I can now do this.

Also, this line was amazing.
Love the reference to the joke weapons in Fates.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh man...2018 is turning out be more brutal than 2017 in terms of music deaths...

The Cranberries frontwoman Dolores O’Riordan was found dead sometime within the past couple of days...she was only 46, I don't they've released the cause of death...

Not long ago former Motorhead guitarist and one of the Baby Metal guitarists passed away also...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So we have about 3 more pages before we die move to the next social?

Better make good use of this. *greatly lower the quality of my posts*

not really

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Noooooooo! I decided to use the chain attack against ****ing stupid robot Lila because I’m an idiot and of ****ing course Rex ****ing dies immediately afterwards.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We are soon going to arrive to the year I was born.

'can't wait for it.

Also, Tora is officialy the best character in the game once you get to Chapter 8. Or atleast one of the best along with Rex. God, unique monster are now my ***** now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ugh... this time I died even faster. Just... **** this game. I wish I could skip this stupid ass boss fight.

D

Deleted member

So the new Tempest Trials........oh boy, can't wait to see Quick Riposte + Vantage or another DoubleAttackSkill + Quick Riposte in Arena. On the other hand, I can now do this.

Also, this line was amazing.

Love the reference to the joke weapons in Fates.
Small brain: "Guard Lukas with QR Seal"
Medium brain: "Windsweep+Quick Riposte Joshua"
Big brain: "Hector with double QR and Vengeful Fighter"
Ascending brain: "Quick Desperation Assault Vantage Lyn"

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ugh... this time I died even faster. Just... **** this game. I wish I could skip this stupid *** boss fight.
your having trouble on lila?

try getting putting some items into your parties puch(i reccomend anything that gives hp barrier as thats effectively counts as armer that absorbs damage)

also consider buffing poppi even a slight amount will do wonders

finally and this is my most important piece of advice check your affinity charts you wont actualy get any of the bonueses from them unlesss you view them unlocking and they really help out

Chrono.

I think Odyssey hits the perfect balance between challenging and easy, for most of the game at least. I'm pretty sure it'd be way harder if I couldn't do the Cappy Jump but if they made the difficulty higher while taking it into consideration, players who don't know how to do it would have a way too hard time.

Though I do feel like Darker Side is the perfect example of fake difficulty. One mistake and you're dead and have to start everything over.

Tbh, I feel the same. Most moons don't serve a purpose and having that many is unnecessary. With 64, for example, having multiple Stars allowed you to choose from what levels you took them and collecting them made it feel more like you were progressing. With Odyssey, not only will you inevitably surpass the minimal number of Moons required before finishing that Kingdom, you also do not have the ability to choose levels the way you did in 64 and there really isn't a sense of progression when Moons effectively mean jack ****

I believe there really isn't a reason to lock away Moons before you fight the respective boss(and I don't mean locked areas, I mean arbitrarily hiding them away), though I do appreciate the Moonstone Moons due to them being postgame content.
Yeah at first I liked the rush I got from getting so many moons but it got old after a while, when I started revisiting worlds near the end I just kept cheesing it with Hint Toad.

The Moon Stone ones were mostly alright, I liked the pipe segments since they gave you a new short area to plow through. The ones added to the Kingdom itself were a bit annoying because I had already explored every nook and cranny, so going back felt a little like backtracking.

Thinking about it now it's weird how SMO kinda peaked at Metro for me. The later levels are not as interesting or fun to me (Bowser's Kingdom comes close). Though Moon Kingdom gets a lot of points from me for it's atmosphere, I just wish we had more to do on it's surface and also for it's interior areas to not be generic lava levels.

Gohan's replacement voice is so grating. I honestly can't stand it.

Freeza's on the other hand is a million times better than the old one.
I find her alright, but this scene was not her best work. But that might be the directing itself since she was pretty good in Kai imo.

As for Frieza, Chris Ayres is ****ing amazing. Unfortunately he's been sick for a while so for FighterZ they got his understudy to replace him, who is almost just as good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah at first I liked the rush I got from getting so many moons but it got old after a while, when I started revisiting worlds near the end I just kept cheesing it with Hint Toad.

The Moon Stone ones were mostly alright, I liked the pipe segments since they gave you a new short area to plow through. The ones added to the Kingdom itself were a bit annoying because I had already explored every nook and cranny, so going back felt a little like backtracking.

Thinking about it now it's weird how SMO kinda peaked at Metro for me. The later levels are not as interesting or fun to me (Bowser's Kingdom comes close). Though Moon Kingdom gets a lot of points from me for it's atmosphere, I just wish we had more to do on it's surface and also for it's interior areas to not be generic lava levels.

I find her alright, but this scene was not her best work. But that might be the directing itself since she was pretty good in Kai imo.

As for Frieza, Chris Ayres is ****ing amazing. Unfortunately he's been sick for a while so for FighterZ they got his understudy to replace him, who is almost just as good.
Wait, thats not Chris Ayres ? It sounded so much like him to me that I though that was him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey, a new Switch game.

FFXV royal edition was announced too, but I dont think people care for that as much.
:061:
It is about time :). I can finally make an overpowered golden aggressive giant explosive galactic lord taco again. Or a Tsundere Mayonnaise jar... :troll:

D

Deleted member

Please stop.
He is right, the joke is getting stale very quickly. I will stop ( not sarcasm or a pun please do not get mad at me ).
Slap a mustache on the taco!
So this new Scribblenauts game looks really solid, can not wait to make crazy stuff as I mentioned. Is it going to be like some competition?

D

Deleted member

Hey Japan, quick question: what the ****?
Screenshot_20180116-173118~2.png

And I thought anime was weird.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Vegeta should be the one to defeat Jiren so that someone other than Goku defeats the major villain of an arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom