• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The thought of having to pay actual money to play as freakin' Raditz of all characters is hilarious.

It's so absurd that I can actually see it happening.
The roster is already sharing similarities with Extreme Butoden, a game Arcsys also made. So, it is possible that him and Bardock could make it, the have the references right there.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Takumi and Shanna are neck and neck with each other. Takumi's slightly ahead, but this could potentially be anyone's game.
FEH VG.png

D

Deleted member

Nothing will ever beat finding out that the Japanese VA for Roy Mustang is also Assassin Kojirou, James from Pokemon, Mikisugi from Kill la Kill(NUDISTO BEACH) and Bruno in FEH.
The recurring theme is that they're all great characters
Makes me wanna wish we had dual audio for FEH for whenever Bruno is released as a playable unit
EDIT: Oh yeah, and finding out Hector is Dio
So apparently Sonya from Fire Emblem is voiced by the same woman who voices Bulbasaur.

I just think that's hilarious.
Ironic, considering Sonya is the better choice in her game :^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Idk who Shanna is.

Why she popular?
She's from Fire Emblem 6(Roy's game) and she's not. She's the Underdog who won thanks to sheer luck with the right timed multipliers. She beat Hinoka(by 13,000,000 points, which is actually incredibly small when their points are in the billions zone) and she beat Amelia and is neck and neck with Takumi.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Idk who Shanna is.

Why she popular?
Basically she's where she is due to Fire Emblem Heroes's voting gauntlet quirks.

The first round had her against Hinoka. Hinoka won so hard she lost. Basically, due to Hinoka being in the lead, Shanna's pity vote multiplier went through the roof, allowing her to win.

Same happened against Amelia. Now it may happen with Takumi.

"Shanna wins by doing absolutely nothing."

Beyond that she's a Pegasus Knight from Binding Blade.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Basically she's where she is due to Fire Emblem Heroes's voting gauntlet quirks.

The first round had her against Hinoka. Hinoka won so hard she lost. Basically, due to Hinoka being in the lead, Shanna's pity vote multiplier went through the roof, allowing her to win.

Same happened against Amelia. Now it may happen with Takumi.

"Shanna wins by doing absolutely nothing."

Beyond that she's a Pegasus Knight from Binding Blade.
why is there a pity vote multiplier

i don't understand the point system

what is this

where am i

halp

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those wondering how much Shanna beat Hinoka by:
FEH VG 2.png

So far, by looking at it, Team Takumi is trying to avoid giving Shanna the multiplier, hence being so neck and neck with each other.

what is this

where am i

halp
The Pity multiplier was made when Lucina and Camilla demolished their Voting Gauntlets. People wanted a way for the lower characters to have a chance, this was IS' answer. That being said, nobody made a real deal about it until Camilla beat Lyn in the Top 4 CYL VG(in sheer irony, as she was one of the reasons why the Multiplier was made and the Multiplier ended up helping her beat Lyn) and now everybody isn't exactly happy with it. That being said, this VG was definitely a wild ride and not in a bad way.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

what is this

where am i

halp
Basically after Camilla beat out everyone else in the Flier Gauntlet by multiple billions of points, it was a comeback mechanic IS added.

On one hand it makes them less predictable. On the other hand, it leads to...this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Basically after Camilla beat out everyone else in the Flier Gauntlet by multiple billions of points, it was a comeback mechanic IS added.

On one hand it makes them less predictable. On the other hand, it leads to...this.
Let's be honest though, this one was certainly more interesting compared to when everybody lost their minds with Camilla and Lyn.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I stopped playing Heroes a while back so I don't really have a stake in the Gauntlet, but I actually liek Shanna so it'd be pretty cool if she wins. :p
So that the voting gauntlet isn't just the most popular character steamrolling everyone else like it was from the start.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's be honest though, this one was certainly more interesting compared to when everybody lost their minds with Camilla and Lyn.
Oh no doubt. This is at least hilarious how a character who didn't even crack the top 150 on the Choose Your Legends poll is beating more popular ones by losing hard enough. :p

Honestly, the only postive memory I have from the voting gauntlet is the Chrom VS Ephraim duel.

That was pure hype.

Everything else has been a slaughter or shenanigans. Popularity contests are a really good idea to target a fanbase like FE which falls in love with certain characters but it just does not lead to good game design.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, the only postive memory I have from the voting gauntlet is the Chrom VS Ephraim duel.

That was pure hype.

Everything else has been a slaughter or shenanigans. Popularity contests are a really good idea to target a fanbase like FE which falls in love with certain characters but it just does not lead to good game design.
Nothing can ever take away Chrom vs Ephraim. No multipliers, no shenanigans, no ill will. They were neck and neck right until the end.

There's a good reason it's fondly remembered even today, when things like the healer gauntlet got tossed to the wayside.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ike VS Hector was another men's battle.

Even with multipliers, they were neck in neck.

And then Ike goes on to become a hero.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh boy it's (entirely possibly fake) leak time again! This time it comes from a gentleman who apparently claimed TMNT would be in Injustice before it was revealed. Though afaik that's the only thing he's said that has been substatiated, so it's entirely possible (even plausible) he got lucky and is now spitting lies. Also he posted this on reddit as opposed to gamefaqs (where he leaked the TMNT), so it may not even be the same person. So obv massive grain of salt and all that. But anyway, here's some largely fighting-game and Nintendo related stuff:

CAPCOM:
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition:

Season 3 characters include Sagat, Sakura, Cody, Sodom, 2 newcomers (I heard 2 Final Fight newcomers from one source, but Roxy and a Shadaloo Doll from another)

There will also be free characters added as part of the update, which are Crimson Viper, Q, Necro, and Oro.

Critical Arts were supposed to be added upon its launch, but I am hearing they are probably saving it for later. Color Edit Mode is something I was told that's going to be a new feature added. Those concerned with input lag, those fixes will most likely not be added until Season 4 or around halfway in to 3 to implement. If you did not know, Unreal Engine 4 only recently put out the update, and it requires quite some time to fix. It would take somewhere around half a year (maybe more) to both port and then debug everything. The backporting is not the hard part, it's debugging that is so time consuming. The same thing applies to other fighting games that currently use it and have issues with it like Tekken 7, and even Dragon Ball FighterZ, and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite are included having it and needing updated, but will take time to do. The whole process takes time.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite:

Season 2 as of the last update I heard from various sources compiled together will be Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Asura, Gill, and Lady, but the last character is one not everyone I've heard from has been able to agree on. There being multiple characters in development is likely to blame. The majority of them say Rashid while others have said Regina and one even said Apollo Justice.

Here's where things get really interesting. All the characters that I've heard that are in development (to various extents and from multiple sources, but not all saying the same things I might add, which is something strange in and of itself) include: Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Green Goblin, Wolverine, Cyclops, Psylocke, Magneto, Storm, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Daredevil, Asura, Lady, Gill, Rashid, Captain Commando, Nina, Deis, Regina, Gene, Vergil, Akuma, and Apollo Justice.

I did notice the curious aspect of that being 11 Marvel characters and 12 Capcom. Which would line up with the current unevenness. But when you add it all up, that's 23 characters, not 24. Meaning there's still a Capcom character I don't know about, since adding these all up carries it all the way to Season 5 if it's all in fact true and all the sources are correct in different ways.

Four player 2 vs 2 mode is being added to the game, but I'm not sure when that is exactly going to be implemented.

I will say that despite the controversies with Marvel and the Fantastic Four in games lately, I haven't heard anything regarding scrapping Doom completely from the plans. While he isn't in the plans for next year from what I've been told, it's not conclusive as to his exclusion in the long term.
I guess it could be up to some people's interpretation what that means since he's not being added next year despite his popularity and all, but I wouldn't look too far into it just yet.

This next section for MvCI gets absolutely wild and so I am dedicating its own section to it. I have one source that's told me some stuff that I feel I have to share in the event it is true, but it is pretty out there. Do not take me as backing all of this either. I'm just putting it out there in the event this has ANY TRUTH TO IT later. They claim the game will get a free update sometime around the summer of 2018 that adds Deadpool, Wolverine, Daredevil, Akuma, Gene, and Vergil as free characters.
I will add that I was told by that same person that Regina was originally axed similarly to Ant-Man since both were actually planned to make it, but things came up that resulted in their discarding. Ant-Man in particular was due to technical issues like Frank West's on MvC3. I'm not totally sure what Regina's issue was, but I was told half jokingly that "it might be because of too many gun users." In spite of that, Ant-Man and Regina could pop up as DLC down the line since "some degree of work was done on her at an earlier point," and supposedly was picked back up on from what I've been told in Regina's case notably. And I was told she would/is going to be used to kind of crosspromote a Dino Crisis reboot. No one told me anything about Ant-Man since he was scrapped. But if the work is done and they wanted to approach him differently, I don't see why he couldn't make it back in. I've just heard nothing in regards to it yet. This same source was the only one who told me about Apollo Justice, which they claim is "unique" and utilizes Athena and Trucy in his moveset to some extents.

They go on to claim game is also going to get some kind of patch to fix the graphics and art style to improve the visuals. The UI is included in things being touched up with that.
When it comes to the roster, their goal is for MvCI to have "between 58 to 60 characters." Some things they're looking into adding include a Tournament Mode and a playable and balanced Ultron-Sigma patched in. A noteworthy thing about that is that they have some idea where you can have a boss character be your assist to compensate for no second character when playing as Ultron-Sigma.
Some more story-related content is of course being planned, with additional content being added to the current story mode, and a brand new one announced at SDCC 2018, with plans of that new story stuff being added sometime around late 2018 to Spring 2019 at the absolute latest. I'll end this section by throwing in something strange (if what they claim wasn't already) that I was told of by that same source, and it's so dumb that if it is rooted in fact, I am utterly stupefied by it. They say that early on, Capcom apparently wanted a Power Stone character. In particular Edward Falcon or Rouge, but they were specifically set on Falcon. Marvel ultimately turned him down because "they didn't want confusion with their Falcon." They said that for whatever reason, Capcom didn't fight them on it (which comes as no surprise there given how the roster turned out if this is true) or decide to go with Rouge instead as the Power Stone rep. That's all I got from that source, so now I can finally move on from this game's section.

Resident Evil 2 Remake:

It is a third-person game. You should finally see something from it next year if they don't put something out around the very end of the year, but I'm hearing next year.

Devil May Cry 5:

This will finally be announced at PSX. Dante, Vergil, and Nero will all be playable on the game. I don't know if that will be confirmed at PSX in particular alongside the reveal, but multiple sources have informed me that all three characters are on it and you can play as them.

BANDAI NAMCO:
Dragon Ball FighterZ:

3 of the DLC characters I've heard of include Broly, Regular Goku (it was noted to me that he does use the Spriit Bomb), and Regular Vegeta. This is something I know is going to be highly controversial and I will get into why further down. Three more characters that I know about but not their status of launch or DLC are Bardock (whom I originally heard would be DLC, but that was only from one source that I have never heard back from), Raditz (I was told that he'd be DLC by only one source in particular), and Goku Black (in his Rose form)

I was told that Goku Black was even finished 3 months ago, and that Broly, Regular Goku, and Regular Vegeta were finished during the game's main development with Goku Black. I think people should make some noise if those 3 (or 4 if Goku Black is withheld) were made alongside the launch game, but are going to be held back as DLC like I've been told.

With the controversy out of the way, there is a Switch port in the works. Unreal Engine 4's UE4.15 is Switch-friendly, so that may explain why the Switch port is coming later. I do not know what Unreal Engine 4 version it uses for the others. The much demanded Nintendo Switch version will likely come out next year in the autumn or winter.
For some personal history, the season pass was originally leaked to me as some exclusive pass featuring saiyans (I originally heard about Broly and Bardock being DLC characters). Since the FighterZ Pass was revealed, I've heard much more since originally leaking those two. I've been told the game will be supported for 2 years by multiple sources. I don't know if that pass of 8 characters accounts for the first year or both. I am going to assume it means just the first year. Bandai Namco is reportedly, according to the people I have talked to, taking a very serious approach with this game having a lengthy life and long term support. Including an esports push.
I have a few different sources regarding this game as I said. Every source that I've talked to has told me that Broly, Regular Goku, and Regular Vegeta have all been heard about and agreed upon as being DLC.

Soul Calibur VI:

I was told it'll be for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. There was no Xbox One version mentioned to me. The game should be revealed by the end of the year and make its 21st anniversary at least. One trustworthy source told me it would be revealed at PSX. If the Switch version is not announced in a matter of fact way alongside it like multiplatform games do when revealed at a specific console's event, then it should be announced during the Nintendo Direct in January that I keep hearing about. The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who told me of the game's existence, I might add. They also told me that Link would return as a guest character on that version.

^Nintendo related stuff in red for yours convenience.

NINTENDO:
There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio.

There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.

The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I'm not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

Very well may be bogus, but it's fun to think about. Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

Fwiw I've also heard rumblings of Blizzard working on something for Switch.
Considering it's the same guy I'm inclined to believe him-

"Mother 3 is real."

I'd love the free DLC characters in MvCI to be real though, if nothing else is.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
This thread has reminded me that I need to play TWEWY someday.
Not a super high priority for me, but something that I definitely want to do sometime.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
An obscured look at the next ARMS fighter:
I'm still betting on something plant related.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's been a while since my YouTube feed has done a thing.

And what a thing it did.

Screenshot_20171112-031156.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
How's that Voting doing?
FEH VG 3.png

Still neck and neck. Both are really trying to pull through.
Not a super high priority for me, but something that I definitely want to do sometime.
Do it soon, before you are spoiled. It's definitely a game that delivers better when unspoiled.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pro tip: Don't play Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance before you play TWEWY.

KH:DDD spoils much of the plot twists of TWEWY.

Good news: I have successfully managed to get Nintendont to work on my WIi U
Bad News: it's to play Shadow the hedgehog

I dont know why I put so much effort into this

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Good news: I have successfully managed to get Nintendont to work on my WIi U
Bad News: it's to play Shadow the hedgehog

I dont know why I put so much effort into this
Is this considered self harming? I think it is. You should stop, we love you.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Team Takumi boys lost. Shanna has emerged victorious in the end.

Suprising but hey, kudos for her supporters for putting up one heck of a fight.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
AND GAME!
View attachment 133775

And once again, Waifus prevail.
Aw man! I was really hoping my man Takumi would prevail (especially to avenge her sister's defeat in the first round), but looks like he lost right at the very end, and there wasn't even a last-hour multiplier to help him out.

Looks like Ike still remains the only Fire Emblem male character to ever win a Gauntlet.

Still, that was epic finals for the Voting Gauntlet. Congrats to Shanna and her fans! Both teams really gave it their all!

This was the first time I actually took such an occasion seriously, using up all my flags and strategically using them during the multipliers compared to past Gauntlets. I have a feeling I won't be taking any more Gauntlet this seriously from now on... unless Takumi gets another chance in another Gauntlet.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The best part is Shanna didn't get the multiplier in the final round. She and Takumi were basically tied the whole way.

Shanna beat Takumi by the sheer strength of memes.

Chrono.

Shanna may have won.

But to me she'll always be that random 3 star unit I didn't wanna pull but did so I use for skill fodder.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm honestly considering promoting my Shanna to five stars after this. Insanity.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know something interesting now. This is the 8th Voting Gauntlet. That means there's a possibility of a VG Winners Gauntlet. Consisting of Lucina, Camilla, Tharja, Elise, Summer Corrin, Ike, Ninian and Shanna. Those In the Top 100(Ninian is exactly 100th place on the CYL Poll) & that one between 150 and 200.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Pro tip: Don't play Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance before you play TWEWY.

KH:DDD spoils much of the plot twists of TWEWY.
*Is currently nearing the end of Aqua's story in BBS (read: all Disney worlds but Neverland finished)*
Well it looks like I'm going to be putting my playthrough of DDD on hold for a while.
Then again, I considered doing the same with KH2 (specifically, around Olympus Colosseum) because of Auron. (Even though prior to going there I had already known that
Auron is dead).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom