• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
AAAAAND here comes the salt.
im just glad i forogt to type anna in the "prepair for and expect less" bit

I beg your pardon?

We're getting MORE Fates characters?
did you really expect this to not happen? especially considering azura didnt make the cut

EDIT

hope you didnt want any other games because all dlc in this season pass is of the main three games

so no roy, alm, ike....you get the point its just Fates, SD, and awakening in that order

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They just announced DLC for Warriors:

Season Pass: Gets you Bride Lucina.
1st pack: Fates (Before the end of 2017)
2nd pack: New Shadow Dragon (Winter 2018)
3rd pack: Awakening (Spring 2018)

Edit: Ninja'd on the 1st pack.

one of my running jokes is "but who is that mysterious masked man" when its blindingly obvious who it is and im gald videogames continue to let me make it

know what lets do a 5* unit roll call for FE heroes...mainly because i want to see how many ive gotten as a F2P

Lucina
Camilla+1
Sully
Takumi
Alm
Seliph+1
Roy
Ike
M Lucina+1
Brave Roy
Lilina
Su. Leo
Abel
Sp. Xander
Cordelia
Sp. Lucina
Hawkeeye
Brave Ike
Hector
Minerva
Fae
Sp. Camilla
bride Cordeila
Bride Lyn
Lucius

28 total 5 star units....not bad
Elincia
Brave Lucina
Masked Lucina
Lucina
Spring Lucina (I think Lucina likes me)
Camus
Clive
Valter
Hinoka
Hector
Minerva
Merric
Julia
Brave Lyn
Ephraim
Y!TIki
Lukas
Karel
Rebecca
Tobin
Effie
Abel
Ninian
Raven

24 total, better then what I was expecting considering my luck.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This just seems like an odd move.

I understand there are lots of fun characters left from those games to include still.

But DLC just seemed like a perfect time to venture out to different games.

Unless... there are more seasons like with Hyrule Warriors.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
This just seems like an odd move.

I understand there are lots of fun characters left from those games to include still.

But DLC just seemed like a perfect time to venture out to different games.

Unless... there are more seasons like with Hyrule Warriors.
this game should have been a slam dunk, as it stand even with dlc its a hammered drunk

oh well saves me money

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
this game should have been a slam dunk, as it stand even with dlc its a hammered drunk

oh well saves me money
Eh. As someone who does like those games quite a bit, I'm still game for it.

But I am disappointed.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Eh. As someone who does like those games quite a bit, I'm still game for it.

But I am disappointed.
like i hope to god theres a bunch of characters unlockable that we dont know about because as it stands theres like 2 characters id actually want to play as and its lyn and camilla

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It is possible that they could include bonus characters in each pack.

Kind of like how the game included Lyn and Celica as surprises...

We could get something like...

Azura
Niles
Oboro
Ike

Or something like that.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
on the bright saide azura was given the most obvious of hints that she was going to be in the fates pack....hope to god for their sake shes not the only character in that pack

"give us a hint for the fates pack"
"well theres a certain sibling issing from the game...oops almost said to much"
is the rough translation of what was said when the xander va was asking for a hint

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I still find it a shame that FE Warriors is getting so much flack, especially since it looks like the developers put a lot more effort here than Hyrule Warriors between full voice acting, Weapon Triangle, a base roster twice as big, and unique mechanics like Pair up. I suppose that was destined to happen with a series with as many characters as Fire Emblem.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
To be fair most complaints about the lack of other games comes from no Ike-Roy-Alm so you could just add those and most of the complaints are fixed
nah game needs more archers, fliers who dont have lances, infantry that dont have swords,
horse riders in general ,axe units and mages

as much as id love to play as roy we REally dont need more sword characters

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really wonder what will be in these packs.

How many characters and how much of other things.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I still find it a shame that FE Warriors is getting so much flack, especially since it looks like the developers put a lot more effort here than Hyrule Warriors between full voice acting, Weapon Triangle, a base roster twice as big, and unique mechanics like Pair up. I suppose that was destined to happen with a series with as many characters as Fire Emblem.
the weapon triangle of three axe users and 3 lance users all of which are fliers and a mountain of swords

like pray to god you dont have to deal with archers on any history mode missions that say use a lance weilder

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I know that Oddysey will squash any momentum that FEW manages to get and DLC will help to resurface it later on, but starting with more Fates/SD/Awakening is not the best idea.

It wouldn't surprise me if characters like Ike, Roy, Alm and Disgusted Man get announced until E3 or an April Direct at this point.

DLC Packs should be a mix of characters of multiple games imo.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
nah game needs more archers, fliers who dont have lances, infantry that dont have swords,
horse riders in general ,axe units and mages

as much as id love to play as roy we REally dont need more sword characters
Yeah, but that can be fixed with more SD/Awakening/Fates characters just as well.
Also for the roster size the game already has a nice distribution of weapons, aside from the sword lords and the three Pegasi

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah, but that can be fixed with more SD/Awakening/Fates characters just as well.
Also for the roster size the game already has a nice distribution of weapons, aside from the sword lords and the three Pegasi
good weapon distribution?
Axe 3
lance 3
archer 3
dragon stone 1
tome 3
sword 10(12 if you count the two gender swaps)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
fire emblem segement on the final tgs stream is going down prepair for and expect less

Huh, Sd has 3 characters, awakening has 6 not counting female robin, and Fates has 9 not counting male corrin

EDIT

season pass detailed comes with bride lucina costume

fates is first pack

Get out of here with this Fates first pack ****,

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Welp, I guess that means that Fire Emblem Warriors is officially a no go for me.

No Ike, Roy, Hector, Ephraim, Eirika, Alm, Eliwood, etc. is just stupid. I don't think there's any excuse at all for them to only do 3 games and in the process cut out so many of the most popular characters. Am I salty? I dunno. I just kinda feel like I'm constantly getting ignored for being an old fan. Especially when you take into account that a lot of old fans fall into the 'elitist' catagory by default.

Yep, instead of Ike, Black Knight, or basically anyone interesting at all we get... Brides. Yay.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yep, instead of Ike, Black Knight, or basically anyone interesting at all we get... Brides. Yay.
Err... The Bride thing is just one bonus costume.

They aren't the actual characters.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Fates is definitely becoming the 'Spotlight Stealing Squad' trope with regards to FE Warriors. :/ It is a pretty stupid and weird decision to have the expansion packs based on the FE games already appearing in Warriors when they easily could've gone with the other highly demanded characters from the missing games.

It seems like Fates in general of appearing when we've already said 'Enough's Enough,' aka Corrin in Smash after Roy's return, the splitting of the game into separate pieces Pokémon style, and now 9+ characters in FE: Warriors.

I'll probably still get Warriors, but I'll skip the DLC until we get to the characters we really need.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Well then maybe I'm not so bad with Scizor.
The main thing I noticed (and it's true for every Scizor I've mirrored) is that you didn't use Swords Dance at all, when it's probably one of his best moves.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Bride singular its only lucina who gets a bride costume

now if i were given control of the roster the following would be cut
Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura, Takumi, Cordeila, Lucina, fem Robin, male Corrin

in their place
Ike, Sorren, Shinon, Roy, Hector, Ephraim, Innes, Saber

oh look a vastly superior roster despite having the same weapon spread

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Bride singular its only lucina who gets a bride costume

now if i were given control of the roster the following would be cut
Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura, Takumi, Cordeila, Lucina, fem Robin, male Corrin

in their place
Ike, Sorren, Shinon, Roy, Hector, Ephraim, Innes, Saber

It'd be so strange to remove the whole Hoshidan family but keep the Nohrian one. Also, female Robin and male Corrin were confirmed to be alt skins.

Honestly, I'm glad that they went with what they did because I don't favor anyone from your let yet I really like Sakura, fem Robin and Hinoka.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Corrin uses her dragon form in regular attacks, so one can't just replace her with a generic sword guy.

Of the Fates characters, I'd cut Hinoka, Leo, Elise and Sakura.
Their roles can be performed or are performed by other characters and it removes the overwhelming presence of Fates.

Even though DLC will probably fix it, I'd like more Awakening characters that have garnered fan appeal regardless of their role in the story, like Tharja or Donnel.
Characters like Donnel or Virion would bring new styles to the game, be kinda popular and still be a surprise.
That said I wouldn't cut anyone of the current Awakening characters

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura, Takumi,
You'd cut all of the Birthright royals?

Are you mad?

Yes, you are mad.

fem Robin, male Corrin
These are not characters. The devs said they were just skins given special treatments due to the nature of avatars.
You include Saber, but not Alm?

You're basically choosing the less important and popular sword character over THE MAIN CHARACTER!
Shinon isn't important and isn't that popular as many other characters in Tellius.

The characters you cut include...

Sword x 3 (Ryoma, Lucina, Male Corrin)
Lance x 2 (Hinoka, Cordelia)
Axe x 0
Archer x 2 (Takumi, Sakura)
Mage x 1 (Female Robin)

Your replacements include:

Sword x 3 (Ike, Roy, Saber)
Lance x 1 (Ephriam)
Axe x 1 (Hector)
Archer x 2 (Innes, Shinnon)
Mage x 1 (Soren)

Same weapon spread my ass. You'd give us nothing but 2 lance users (Caeda and Ephriam).

Your weapon spread is WORSE than Fire Emblem Warriors!

Proto, you pulled a maximum dumb.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem Warriors is like going to a new buffet restaurant that just opened, you're really excited for it, after all, it says your favorite chef is going to be making the dishes you love from that other restaurant.
Then you get there, there's tons of food but just one problem... you don't really eat any of that. It looks pretty good and well-made but not something you'd eat. Well, there's pasta, you don't really HATE pasta but you've been eating it ALL week and are tired of it, doesn't help there are at least 4 different types of it.
Uh, I guess there's rice? Everyone loves rice, right? Rice is from the plains! But just rice from the plains won't make you satisfied, you need something more, and those beans are certainly not going to be it.
So, the chef comes to you and says if you pay some extra, you can have the special menu. You say yes, I mean, the food does look pretty good, it's just not for you and you really want to try out that food you know and love from another chef.
And then he brings to you... more pasta... and beans, ****ing beans, and it's at this point you decide to just leave the restaurant without eating anything.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem Warriors is like going to a new buffet restaurant that just opened, you're really excited for it, after all, it says your favorite chef is going to be making the dishes you love from that other restaurant.
Then you get there, there's tons of food but just one problem... you don't really eat any of that. It looks pretty good and well-made but not something you'd eat. Well, there's pasta, you don't really HATE pasta but you've been eating it ALL week and are tired of it, doesn't help there are at least 4 different types of it.
Uh, I guess there's rice? Everyone loves rice, right? Rice is from the plains! But just rice from the plains won't make you satisfied, you need something more, and those beans are certainly not going to be it.
So, the chef comes to you and says if you pay some extra, you can have the special menu. You say yes, I mean, the food does look pretty good, it's just not for you and you really want to try out that food you know and love from another chef.
And then he brings to you... more pasta... and beans, ****ing beans, and it's at this point you decide to just leave the restaurant without eating anything.

And then you settle for the tomato soup that even though you could get in the other restaurant is a bit spicier with more to it but it's still not the Valhalla you expected it to be.
The tomato soup turns into a dragon for aerial comboes btw

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You'd cut all of the Birthright royals?

Are you mad?

Yes, you are mad.

These are not characters. The devs said they were just skins given special treatments due to the nature of avatars.

You include Saber, but not Alm?

You're basically choosing the less important and popular sword character over THE MAIN CHARACTER!

Shinon isn't important and isn't that popular in the scheme of Tellius.

The characters you cut include...

Sword x 3
Lance x 2
Axe x 0
Archer x 2
Mage x 1

Your replacements include:

Sword x 3
Lance x 1
Axe x 1
Archer x 2
Mage x 1

Same weapon spread my ***. You'd give us nothing but 2 lance users (Caeda and Ephriam).

Your weapon spread is WORSE than Fire Emblem Warriors!

Proto, you pulled a maximum dumb.
my reason for saber is the same reason i kenw azura wasnt getting in the base game hes a unit you get fairly early on in the game on celicas path(the reason azura wasnt getting in was ebcause the characters from fates got pulled in at the moment of corrins decision)

why im counting the two skins as character? because everything except the devs is doing so down to the offical website listing them as their own characters down to the page name

but ill give you one thing your right i did mess up on the tellius side and am missing a lance unit so let me amend that
tellius characters get ****ed your being replaced by mae leon and valbar

and you might be wonderign why i just got rid of the telius characters...because theyd be dlc pack 1 instead of fates
with it being ike, sorren, titania, nephene(nephene got in because look at heroes and tell me people arnt pulling on that banner just for her) with the black knight being a free update character being the npc equivelant to lu bu until this packs release

as for why i got rid of the hoshidan royal...listen all 4 of thoes guys are just the worse because
they arnt your blood relatives and they keep this fact hidden from you up untill you decide "i want to marry one of them" at which point they either tell you "nah its cool we arnt actually blood relatives were less of a family to you than the nohr sibling" or in takumi and sakuras case reveal a letter given to them by your dead mother as soon as you got to hoshido so ya they aint free of this sin either
like i know we arnt supposed to know about this fact going in BUT knowing this fact makes the idea of calling the hoshidan path BIRTH RIGHT ****ing hilarious if anythign that should be revelations name given the fact you find out oh wait i have 2 blood relatives who arnt an insane dragon one of which is a fish and the other is the girl my "family" kidnapped
speaking of which hoshido kidnaped a royal child just like nohr did and no one gives them **** for doing so and dont give me that "nohr did it first" crap that dosent make it any better, but wait i forgot hoshido are the "Good guys" they can do no wrong, i guess what im saying is hoshido is terrible because of the game its in

and clearly the writter agrees seeing as if you do play the norh path every sibling but sakura dies....you might argue hinoka didnt die, id argue she was dead inside all along given her general not existing in any of the paths like outside of her first apperence where she causes a major plot whole by existing(why is sakura in danger you can just fly her over the faceless)and the boss fight in norh path tell me 5 things of value she adds to the story

anyways enough ranting on fates im sure somones going to make a post on why im wrong or something but that was the last amount of geniune care i can give about fates....im just apathetic to the whole thing now..know what im saying that one thing has been eating at me ever since i found out about it and now that i said it....i just cant bring myself to care

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah everything points to them being different characters heck even their moveset and entrance animations are the same!
you joke but the entrance animation is the only thing you have me dead to rights on, the "skins" have unique moves just like any other character and just like any other character they all share the same basic move set(because rememebr they went on record saying the only thing diffrent between characters who share the same weapon and unit type is their specials)

now granted i could be wrong but we have seen male corrin and female corrin do diffrent attacks involving the dragon mode

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

characters from fates got pulled in at the moment of corrins decision)
You do realise that's not the case(or else Xander and Ryoma would be at each other's throats) and Azura WAS present(the only route she doesn't fight with you in Ch6 is Conquest)
Besides, in-universe reasoning is obviously not the reasoning from the devs
why im counting the two skins as character? because everything except the devs is doing so down to the offical website listing them as their own characters down to the page name
"Alph/Koopalings are different characters"
as for why i got rid of the hoshidan royal...listen all 4 of thoes guys are just the worse because
They're still important though, I hate them just as much(except Taco Meat) but that's not reasoning to cut them

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You do realise that's not the case(or else Xander and Ryoma would be at each other's throats) and Azura WAS present(the only route she doesn't fight with you in Ch6 is Conquest)
Besides, in-universe reasoning is obviously not the reasoning from the devs

"Alph/Koopalings are different characters"

They're still important though, I hate them just as much(except Taco Meat) but that's not reasoning to cut them

psssst do a complete 180 on this and ill buy etrian odysee V instead of sonic forces(cause im just gonna wait till warriors 2 now)
because im playing the demo and i dont hate it

answer quickley before im set on getting forces because of this rad as **** song

Seriously tho i did say that it would be the roster if i was in control...the hoshidan siblings would be a dlc pack with iago joining in as the free update villain, just like how the third pack would be the alm half of velnetia(because you can do a lot with the villager friends not to mention clive)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My cat just scared the mail lady. :4wario:

She was hiding in the mailbox and got spooked when the lady opened it and made her attack.

I haven't laughed so hard in quite some time.:4wario2:

EDIT: Not an official mail lady. She comes by and drops stuff off in the box every so often and mom usually gets it.

Feel like I should point that out considering how early it is.

Last edited:
After some of the recent reveals, i was finally starting to warm up to Warriors.

And now the DLC adding more fates/sd/awakening characters just turned me ice cold. . .well i guess that saves my wallet a few dollars :/

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*slinks into thread*

I haven't felt like was being punished for existing this hard since Corrin was revealed for Smash. :urg:

I think I heard they're waiting to cover other games for a sequel.

I expect a lot of aggressive/passive aggressive responses to this post about how the game isn't worth buying. :/

. . .TBH, a game that focused on the characters everyone actually likes wouldn't be worthwhile to me. I just kind of want Merric and more stone users at this point.

*EDIT* And Minerva. . .

Being someone who's apparently an inferior human being for only playing the three games covered and being kind of lost when other casts are discussed makes me kind of easy to please with this. . .if I can even be happy through the fact that this game will now have a brigade of people defecating on it every single time it's brought up. . .

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I hope that they include characters like Ike and Roy in the first season pass (there's no way that they're completely unaware of their popularity, and Lyn was included even though the base game focuses on the same trio of Awakening, Fates, and Marth's game), I'm only familiar with Awakening and Fates (the perma-death mechanic of earlier games is a huge turn-off), so I'm interested to see who they add.

Azura, Tharja, and Sumia seem like they're given, but beyond that, I'm not sure who's overly popular or noteworthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom