• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
*sigh*
God ****ing dammit Capcom
It wouldn't be the first time for this series. Wasn't Marvel vs. Capcom 2 roughly 90% reused assets from other Capcom games?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Passing by GameStop
>"I know that amiibo are supposed to be discontinued here but maybe a miracle will happen"
>Splatoon 2 amiibo are right there on the shelf
>Ask about the new Smash amiibo since they came out the same day
>"We have some but they were pre-order only"

I'm getting so sick of their BS.

The bloody things weren't ever on their site, even the Splatoon 2 ones. If it was available for pre-order, it should have been on the site so I can order for collection.

At this point, I just want Nintendo to open up a service where you can personally order amiibo to be made for yourself, that way I wouldn't have to deal with shady retailers.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Today is a good day.

But the rest of the week will be better. Needs more cake and zoos. But I can wait, I'm glad it's my birthday regardless.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>Passing by GameStop
>"I know that amiibo are supposed to be discontinued here but maybe a miracle will happen"
>Splatoon 2 amiibo are right there on the shelf
>Ask about the new Smash amiibo since they came out the same day
>"We have some but they were pre-order only"

I'm getting so sick of their BS.

The bloody things weren't ever on their site, even the Splatoon 2 ones. If it was available for pre-order, it should have been on the site so I can order for collection.

At this point, I just want Nintendo to open up a service where you can personally order amiibo to be made for yourself, that way I wouldn't have to deal with shady retailers.
I saw Kamui, Cloud, Bayonetta all there yesterday in one of the game store that was in a discount store (Similar to Costco).
Also a Switch being displayed in another game focused store, it isn't usual that a console is being displayed here.
This was the pic I wanted to post a few days ago when Splatoon 2 was launched, the store got a total make over sometime at the late of June I guess, it turned huge.
Nice to see Switch got a same wall ad as the PS4
Yes, the bottom of the pic are the amiibos, Inkling girl amiibo that I bought are now gone today when I went there.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it was. It was just as soft as zelda if not solfter and idk why they made her voice so annoyingly soft and as you say "pure"
Her voice is soft because she's supposed to be introverted and shy and of few words. Also gentle to go with her healer role.

But it still doesn't stop her from saying stuff like:

IMG_20170724_162424.jpg

Also Zelda's voice isn't really soft. First memory I saw left a bad impression but I've seen more and she's actually got more of a hoarse, posh girl voice. It reminds me a lot of Jane in Disney's Tarzan. Sounds pretty good if I'm being honest. Her character portrayal is another topic, though...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Supposedly, that Spawn movie, which was intended to come out in 2011 or so isn't quite dead yet. Seems like one of those situations where they try to find the right team before actually getting it off the ground.

I hope it's about Al Simmons. I know he got replaced after a while by some guy named Jim Downing.

The only decent thing I can give Mineta is he helps make it look like there is a wide variety of heroes. Not everyone is like All Might/Lida and perfect and proper etc

There are also heroes who are just bad. Although I don't think that is intentional at all, and guys like Bakugo and Mt. Lady do that job pretty well already. . .

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
You misspelled worst. Because Mineta is OBJECTIVELY the worst charactr in the show. Hell, he isn't even really a character, just 'LOL BOOBS' and nothing else
Idk how people can hate this dude. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pure gold to me.

Super hype for him to solo Midnight

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
*sigh*
God ****ing dammit Capcom
There's nothing inherently wrong with that and it's not like Gamora's gonna play like any of those characters.
Deadpool has his own tools to use and let's be honest, there's only so many unique animations you can make.
The real issue is that in-spite of reusing assets and animations the roster is just rather disappointing, even when you ignore the "no X-Men/F4" thing. Story mode can take up a lot of resources and I don't think the tight deadline helps.

I don't really want to deflect but there's little to no ******** about Injustice 2 re-using a lot of moves and animations from MKX. Probably because they still had a good roster and plenty of content but still. People are just actively looking for more reasons to hate on MvC:I. Yes the PR is awful ("No one remembers X-Men" *proceeds to add a new Darkstalker*), yes the roster is disappointing (Even with the X-Men/F4 issue aside, there's too many cuts and not enough additions), yes the artstyle sucks, yes the story demo we got was awful and yes there's plenty of issues with the models but now people are just complaining about something that the most popular fighting game to come out this year is also guilty of.

There's great impressions from people who've played some actual VS builds of the game like Maximilian where they're saying the game is fun and that when people figure out the characters and mechanics we'll get some really crazy and cool stuff. On top of that the story might actually be really cool going by what people saw at comic-con so we just got a really, really ****ty demo.

tl;dr
The real issue is a disappointing roster in spite of reusing assets and animations which is very common in fighting games. This might be due to story mode and having a tight deadline and possibly not a good enough budget.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You misspelled worst. Because Mineta is OBJECTIVELY the worst charactr in the show. Hell, he isn't even really a character, just 'LOL BOOBS' and nothing else
Grape boy is hardly my favorite. That's a toss up between Deku, Iida or Kirishima. But as one note as the Grapist is, at least he's not Sugar Man. In that I can remember that he exists most of the time.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Grape boy is hardly my favorite. That's a toss up between Deku, Iida or Kirishima. But as one note as the Grapist is, at least he's not Sugar Man. In that I can remember that he exists most of the time.
My favorites are Mineta (in case you can't tell), Aoyama, and Tsuyu

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's cause Sugar Man hasn't even gotten a full minute of screen time for himself
Idk how people can hate this dude. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pure gold to me.

Super hype for him to solo Midnight
Mineta's had quite a bit of spotlight and he's just the same joke over and over again. No character development, no interesting backstory or background, no good interactions with other character, no redeeming qualities. He's just a pervert. Kaminari's also a perv, but despite him getting SIGNIFICANTLY less screen time than the grape ******, we know there's more to him than that. Mineta is one-dimensional waste of space who hogs up the screentime from other, more interesting characters. Mineta's interests are boobs, his motivation is boobs, his screentime consists mostly of him liking boobs, etc. His Quirk isn't even fun to see. Compare him to ANY other character in Class 1-A, and the only ones who are as bland as him are the characters who have gotten no screentime whatsoever, meaning if those other characters start getting screentime to themselves, they instantly become a better character than Mineta ever has been.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The more I play Splatoon 2 the more frustrated I get.
But I thought you said you didn't play Ranked? :upsidedown:

But really, at times like this just setting the game down for a bit to do something else would probably help. Going back to it fresh can sometimes be better for your ability to both enjoy and do well at the game than just pushing forward when it's no longer fun.

D

Deleted member

What's wrong with an avatar of Grape Boy Mineta aka Best Boy Mineta ;)
Where do I start...?
The only decent thing I can give Mineta is he helps make it look like there is a wide variety of heroes. Not everyone is like All Might/Lida and perfect and proper etc

There are also heroes who are just bad. Although I don't think that is intentional at all, and guys like Bakugo and Mt. Lady do that job pretty well already. . .
I think he fits the "guy who doesn't know why or what he's doing" as seen in the USJ Arc. Unfortunately, he didn't develop at all when put under the same situation as Deku and two seconds later he was groping Tsu

Also, it's Iida, the first is a capital "i" not a lowercase "L"
Deku is definitely my favorite, after him it'd be All Might, Kirishima and Ochako.
I also require more Shinsou
****, MHA has so many great characters this is Naruto Part 1 all over again.
That's cause Sugar Man hasn't even gotten a full minute of screen time for himself

Mineta's had quite a bit of spotlight and he's just the same joke over and over again. No character development, no interesting backstory or background, no good interactions with other character, no redeeming qualities. He's just a pervert. Kaminari's also a perv, but despite him getting SIGNIFICANTLY less screen time than the grape ******, we know there's more to him than that. Mineta is one-dimensional waste of space who hogs up the screentime from other, more interesting characters. Mineta's interests are boobs, his motivation is boobs, his screentime consists mostly of him liking boobs, etc. His Quirk isn't even fun to see. Compare him to ANY other character in Class 1-A, and the only ones who are as bland as him are the characters who have gotten no screentime whatsoever, meaning if those other characters start getting screentime to themselves, they instantly become a better character than Mineta ever has been.
The problem is not that Mineta is the same joke all the time, other characters like Invisible Girl are also this where everytime she appears there's a joke on her being, well, invisible.
The problem is that Mineta's gags are distasteful and drags the female characters into them(especially Ms.Fanservice).
I really hope he undergoes some heavy development in the future, because we all know he isn't getting killed off.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But I thought you said you didn't play Ranked? :upsidedown:

But really, at times like this just setting the game down for a bit to do something else would probably help. Going back to it fresh can sometimes be better for your ability to both enjoy and do well at the game than just pushing forward when it's no longer fun.
It won't help. Everytime I play a match I lose. No matter when I play I have a 1/5 chance of winning.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Where do I start...?

I think he fits the "guy who doesn't know why or what he's doing" as seen in the USJ Arc. Unfortunately, he didn't develop at all when put under the same situation as Deku and two seconds later he was groping Tsu

Deku is definitely my favorite, after him it'd be All Might, Kirishima and Ochako.

The problem is not that Mineta is the same joke all the time, other characters like Invisible Girl are also this where everytime she appears there's a joke on her being, well, invisible.
The problem is that Mineta's gags are distasteful and drags the female characters into them(especially Ms.Fanservice).
I really hope he undergoes some heavy development in the future, because we all know he isn't getting killed off.

I know the pervert character isn't a popular character type and I can't say in always a fan of it, but I feel like Mineta works. His gags are 95% funny to me usually because of his wacky expressions and his lines. Plus, he always gets reprimanded in some way for his actions. Also, cmon. Momo is more than just Ms. Fanservice.

Btw, you read the manga?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know the pervert character isn't a popular character type and I can't say in always a fan of it, but I feel like Mineta works. His gags are 95% funny to me usually because of his wacky expressions and his lines. Plus, he always gets reprimanded in some way for his actions. Also, cmon. Momo is more than just Ms. Fanservice.

Btw, you read the manga?
Momo gets dragged down (sometimes literally even) by Mineta's unfunny antics

Shish is too much of a pleb to read the manga
Where do I start...?

Invisible Girl at least has more personality, and while it's all jokes about her invisibility, it's SOMETHING! Mineta is essentially "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!" only the words get changed up a little every now and then

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We talking Grapes?

I still wanted to know what was in his room. It's so dark and creepy that even the girls didn't want to see.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It won't help. Everytime I play a match I lose. No matter when I play I have a 1/5 chance of winning.
In Turf?

Just what kind of hell am I going to walk into when I finally have the game arrive? The Lv 50 Japanese players in the original weren't even a tenth that bad.

What level are these players? It's possible the higher skill players are still scrambling to unlock Ranked and will filter out to a degree once they've done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom