• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What a strange name for a show. "Raven's Home"

Everyone knows We don't go to Ravenholm. . .

:troll:
They could have at least called it Raven's Nest.

As it stands it sounds like the title of an 80's sitcom spinoff. Which I mean. . .it's two of those three things, I guess.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the Venom movie IS in the MCU
Sony's being a piece of **** and named their Venomverse Marvel Comics Universe in an attempt to confuse people
"So you see, I was telling the truth. . .from a certain point of view."

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Remember Disney's "That's So Raven" ?

Well, there's going to be a new show where she's a divorced mom and have two kids (one of which inherited her future sight)

wat
Can't say I'm surprised they're doing a spinoff for it, That's so Raven was one of their more popular shows in the 00s (in fact, it and Kim Possible was what got Disney to break their hard 65 episode rule back then), so of course they'd try to cash in on the brand once again.

Doesn't mean they should've tried to revive the brand since the character already had her conclusion and I can't say the premise is taking her anywhere, but they got to have their money.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Listening to some of Xenoverse 2's tracks, I stumbled upon the snazziest character select theme.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's a question for y'all:

Death Battle is yet to star a Fire Emblem character. That in mind, which Fire Emblem character do you want to see featured in a Death Battle, and who do you want the opponent of that Fire Emblem character be?

Some things to keep in mind:
  • Make sure the opponent to that Fire Emblem character comes from a different series
  • Make sure the opponent to that Fire Emblem character isn't too overpowered compared to that Fire Emblem character, or vice versa (i.e. a Fate series servant wouldn't be a good pick because they have superhero-like powers versus a Fire Emblem character who is mainly an average to a very strong soldier at best)
  • Try to come up with an opponent who would be similar to the Fire Emblem character, whether it'd be because they fight with similar weapons or perhaps even similar background information.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Death Battle is yet to star a Fire Emblem character. That in mind, which Fire Emblem character do you want to see featured in a Death Battle, and who do you want the opponent of that Fire Emblem character be?

• Make sure the opponent to that Fire Emblem character comes from a different series
  • Make sure the opponent to that Fire Emblem character isn't too overpowered compared to that Fire Emblem character, or vice versa (i.e. a Fate series servant wouldn't be a good pick because they have superhero-like powers versus a Fire Emblem character who is mainly an average to a very strong soldier at best)
  • Try to come up with an opponent who would be similar to the Fire Emblem character, whether it'd be because they fight with similar weapons or perhaps even similar background information.
Tiki vs Dragon Mai-*shot*

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I'd like to see either Marth or Roy vs Adol Christin from Ys. Adol has some magical abilities, but there nothing I think someone from FE couldn't cope with.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh my god, I think this is the best video I have find today.
This is so on point that it could actually pass as a true Game Theory video. Tough, it still be better than the real thing.:4diddy:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I've actually thought about this before, but Fire Emblem, to me at least, doesn't have many characters well suited for the Death Battle format, which takes tangible feats into account and uses real world mathematical application to determine outcomes. This mainly stems from the fact that the vast majority of characters, despite the multitude that exist, are badass normals with little to no confirmed feats. Even the main lords who've killed dragons, gods, or dragon gods mainly did so because their weapons were specifically made to kill that exact being, and not necessarily anything else. Up until relatively recently the games didn't have full-on cutscenes (save only the 3DS and Tellius games) so there wasn't really any visual feat confirmation in the other ten games, or at least not as many that couldn't be written off as "Sprite logic" or similar things.

And even then they don't add a whole lot. Most of the cutscenes aren't full-on fights, and some that are don't showcase the characters doing anything too crazy. Lucina in the Bad Future cutscene didn't do anything too extreme, Alm vs Rudolf was a dream, Celica was
possessed

And not to mention their defensive feats are non-existent, since the only cutscenes that show them being struck actually hinder their feats. Looking at you, Chrom, Elise, and Celica. This is especially true when considering me being struck during gameplay is likely just a case of gameplay and story segregation.

So with that said, I could really only see the following as more high-tier picks.

Robin and Celica - Both can utilize lightning and fire due to their magic, which are more tangible and measurable than things like holy light and razor wind, which are much more abstract and harder to calculate for. However, both are disadvantaged a bit since Robin would rely on his tomes (all of which could break, unless they specifically go for his Fates incarnation, though that only applies to Thoron...or unless they give him max Grandmaster stats, Limit Breaker, and Armsthrift, but those aren't canon) and could have them knocked away, while Celica casts from her own health, making her unencumbered, but more squishy.

Roy - Fire is a measurable thing. Might be hindered by lack of true feats by virtue of The Binding Blade's sprite based combat.

Ryoma - Lightning is a measurable thing, unlike Xander's "sword that uses the power of darkness" Siegfried. You could likely calculate his speed and strength from cutscene logic, making him doable.

Chrom and Lucina - Not many feats on their own, but both leaped into the air about three times their body height in the Dual Falchions cutscene, which has to count for something. Also Chrom broke through a stone wall during training, but that doesn't have as much context to go off of.

Corrin - By virtue of versatility due to her draconic powers. They might be able to pull from that.

I haven't played the Tellius games because they're so hard to find, but Ike also gets mentioned a lot, from what I've seen. I can't weigh in too much though.

tl;dr: Fire Emblem, in my opinion, doesn't lend itself well to Who Would Win/Death Battle types of things due to the nature of the series focusing on badass normals strategically striking foes, and most don't have super powers to back them up, or impressive feats that can be used as a basis of measurement, save for the few I mentioned.

Just my take on it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Rather than individual FE characters in a DB, I'd more so like to see the entire series vs. Another tactical RPG, Ala Eggman vs. Wily. See which tactics beat out the other.

DB is still hot garbage though.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I should get back to DKCR at some point. That game's great, but between Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, most other games I had got ignored.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I played Breath of the Wild on my brother's Nintendo Switch today.

It was a lot of fun.

I'm already figuring out stasis shenanigans. Also got some sick shield surfs in.

Also nearly gave myself a heart attack when I used the super jump thing by accident.

As for the Switch itself, I was playing in handheld mode. The screen is top notch. The buttons on the Joy-cons feel a bit too small for my thumbs, though. Wasn't ideal for Zelda because of the more complex control scheme of that game. I'm also not a fan of how that game has sprinting mapped to the B-button and jumping on the X-button, it's a bit unwieldy and took me a while to get used to.

I still had a blast with Zelda though. I'm very tempted to pick up a Switch on Friday to play it (I already have a Switch copy of Zelda), since the Hard Mode DLC comes out then. However, Crash also comes out that day and I honestly want to play that more right now, so I'll think on it a bit more.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its very rarely I find good gifs and memes on tumblr and not blasted by politics or drama or political drama and tumblr was good today that makes me happy.

i was ginna post a gif but I seem to be slow here

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Would Corrin vs Jake Long be a good match?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've actually thought about this before, but Fire Emblem, to me at least, doesn't have many characters well suited for the Death Battle format, which takes tangible feats into account and uses real world mathematical application to determine outcomes. This mainly stems from the fact that the vast majority of characters, despite the multitude that exist, are badass normals with little to no confirmed feats. Even the main lords who've killed dragons, gods, or dragon gods mainly did so because their weapons were specifically made to kill that exact being, and not necessarily anything else. Up until relatively recently the games didn't have full-on cutscenes (save only the 3DS and Tellius games) so there wasn't really any visual feat confirmation in the other ten games, or at least not as many that couldn't be written off as "Sprite logic" or similar things.

And even then they don't add a whole lot. Most of the cutscenes aren't full-on fights, and some that are don't showcase the characters doing anything too crazy. Lucina in the Bad Future cutscene didn't do anything too extreme, Alm vs Rudolf was a dream, Celica was
possessed

And not to mention their defensive feats are non-existent, since the only cutscenes that show them being struck actually hinder their feats. Looking at you, Chrom, Elise, and Celica. This is especially true when considering me being struck during gameplay is likely just a case of gameplay and story segregation.

So with that said, I could really only see the following as more high-tier picks.

Robin and Celica - Both can utilize lightning and fire due to their magic, which are more tangible and measurable than things like holy light and razor wind, which are much more abstract and harder to calculate for. However, both are disadvantaged a bit since Robin would rely on his tomes (all of which could break, unless they specifically go for his Fates incarnation, though that only applies to Thoron...or unless they give him max Grandmaster stats, Limit Breaker, and Armsthrift, but those aren't canon) and could have them knocked away, while Celica casts from her own health, making her unencumbered, but more squishy.

Roy - Fire is a measurable thing. Might be hindered by lack of true feats by virtue of The Binding Blade's sprite based combat.

Ryoma - Lightning is a measurable thing, unlike Xander's "sword that uses the power of darkness" Siegfried. You could likely calculate his speed and strength from cutscene logic, making him doable.

Chrom and Lucina - Not many feats on their own, but both leaped into the air about three times their body height in the Dual Falchions cutscene, which has to count for something. Also Chrom broke through a stone wall during training, but that doesn't have as much context to go off of.

Corrin - By virtue of versatility due to her draconic powers. They might be able to pull from that.

I haven't played the Tellius games because they're so hard to find, but Ike also gets mentioned a lot, from what I've seen. I can't weigh in too much though.

tl;dr: Fire Emblem, in my opinion, doesn't lend itself well to Who Would Win/Death Battle types of things due to the nature of the series focusing on badass normals strategically striking foes, and most don't have super powers to back them up, or impressive feats that can be used as a basis of measurement, save for the few I mentioned.

Just my take on it.
Alm should be here too because...

He canonically solo's a hoard of terrors, some dragons three times his size, and some arcanists. This is all before he gets Falchion too and can be done even with basic weapons. It also speaks to his great strength, agility, and stamina that he's capable of doing this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fire Emblem vs Dynasty Warriors could work.

No really,

Both series are mostly badass normals taking down swarms of enemies with ease.

It could work, could it not?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's also the ninja characters because then they can do the "Ninja reflexes LUL" asspull like they did for Sub-Zero against Glacius.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ike vs. Seigfried from Soul Calibur.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alm should be here too because...

He canonically solo's a hoard of terrors, some dragons three times his size, and some arcanists. This is all before he gets Falchion too and can be done even with basic weapons. It also speaks to his great strength, agility, and stamina that he's capable of doing this.
I completely forgot about that. Funny, too, since that's honestly among the most impressive Fire Emblem feats.
I overlooked it at first since I overlooked in-game battles in general, since Echoes' cutscenes and credits imply your troops are only a small part of a much larger army, but I derped, since Alm's explicitly stated to be alone on his trial to get the Falchion.

Quite a thing to overlook. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I shouldn't spend so much trying to summon this one healer.

I don't even like using healers outside of Serra and it's pointless when all the featuredheros are healers.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched some more Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga comparisons, and I see the Recovery Blocks are added (they existed in only the Japanese release of the original game). However, it appears there will be more of them than what the Japanese GBA game had (it had 3).

Chrono.

First Etika browsing the deep web on livestream and now Alpharad posted a video of him reading porn star bios.

Youtubers be wildin'

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

possessed

Just my take on it.
Would you put Takumi among those fighters listed?

I mean, his bow allows him to ignore terrain effects, which when translated to real world physics means he can walk on rivers (one of the terrain effects that he ignores). The Birthright Drama CD also reveals the bow can even fire arrows with grenade-like effects if Takumi contested hard enough. His arrows are also powered by wind-energy, which can be measured.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Stared at the fridge for a straight three minutes trying to decide what's for dinner.

I got too tired and decided to sleep instead.

I'll figure it out in the morning.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would you put Takumi among those fighters listed?

I mean, his bow allows him to ignore terrain effects, which when translated to real world physics means he can walk on rivers (one of the terrain effects that he ignores). The Birthright Drama CD also reveals the bow can even fire arrows with grenade-like effects if Takumi contested hard enough. His arrows are also powered by wind-energy, which can be measured.
I always took Fujin Yumi's effect as Takumi just being able to wade through the river unencumbered. I'm not sure if he's necessarily walking on top of it.

I mentioned wind earlier, but personally I think the Fujin Yumi, at least the way it uses wind, is more along the lines of Siegfried, where it's more abstract in usage. Mainly because while wind can be measured, "hard" wind like that of Wind tomes or the Fujin Yumi has much less basis in reality.

D

Deleted member

Wait, two PMs? Did I **** up ajd get infracted?
Oh, I see, it's just that Swamp has met God himself personally and found out it's actually a birb
Remember Disney's "That's So Raven" ?

Well, there's going to be a new show where she's a divorced mom and have two kids (one of which inherited her future sight)

wat
I'm actually down fo that as long as they can pull it off decently, That's So Raven was one of my favorite dhows back then but I rarely got to watch it due to the timeslots it aired

Someone from Arslan Senki, seeing as you could call it "FE: the anime".
My pick would be DaryunXSeth since both are shown to be incredibly strong physically and have killed a giant with nothing more than a sword.
Alternatively, despite your note about Fate characters, I'd go for AlmXSaber due to Excalibur and Falchion being similar in terms of abilities such as self recovery and giant ass sword beams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom