• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well...I think I'm gonna go kill some rocks...

See you guys next year!

D

Deleted member

I just came back from Rogue One.
The imperial droid seems to be so powerfull, I wonder why the empire doesn't just use them as their main soldier units.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The imperial droid seems to be so powerfull, I wonder why the empire doesn't just use them as their main soldier units.
The answer to the question is episodes 1-3

I don't know what to think about this one.
I know it probably includes Viridi.

The word you're looking for is "pantheon."

:^)
Im not sure if this ****post spree as improved or worsened by my typo at this point.

Probably because of EMPs or something. . .or the fact that the rebels are really good at hacking things and using the empire's own tools against them. or maybe they are just expensive lol

Playing some Ratchet and Clank 3 for speedrunning practice.
First real planet is so easy to skip I dont know how that got through . . .
Having fun though.
:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Happy 2017 I guess

All the "Top x things in 2016" bandwagons'll start soon too probably.

I know it probably includes Viridi.

Now, now, we all know that's only happening if he's either not human or is secretly Link.

Also, if it looks like it's prepubescent and acts like it's prepubescent. . .

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wanna give an old pokemon a crazy typing, so an Electirc/Ice type Mankey and Primeape.

STAB Ice Punch and Thunder Punch. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also I have no achievable Resolutions.
As always.

Not like I have **** self-esteem or something.
Nope. Not at all. FeelsBadMan.

Also, if it looks like it's prepubescent and acts like it's prepubescent. . .
One word: Nowi.
Also: Goddesses never reveal their age.

D

Deleted member

Tagging because my connection is terrible.

@Psycholcarnate Nah, CIS droids were very fragile and frail. A small gust of wind could probably kill them ubder the right circumstances.

While the imperial droid was able to easy kill off many storm troopers with little effort or concern whatsoever. Until it was worn down by rooms worth of stormtroopers. And even that took time.

@Zebie That makes sense, the fact that they have one in the movie is pretty much proof of that. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tagging because my connection is terrible.

@Psycholcarnate Nah, CIS droids were very fragile and frail. A small gust of wind could probably kill them ubder the right circumstances.

While the imperial droid was able to easy kill off many storm troopers with little effort or concern whatsoever. Until it was worn down by rooms worth of stormtroopers. And even that took time.

@Zebie That makes sense, the fact that they have one in the movie is pretty much proof of that. :p
There was a massive restriction on droids, etc. after episodes 1-3. That's why IG-88 was a banned droid, the empire used his services in secret.

A big part of the empire is also to show the supremacy of humans over aliens, and using droids as their main foot soldiers would undermine that

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Congrats! You beat the game! :troll:

Just out of curiosity, what do you expect to happen next?
Well I checked how many chapters there were in this game and there's like 25 total so my guess is that it's going to be a while before I fight Hades in the game.

Virdi hasn't even shown up yet and given her appearance in Smash Bros she outta be pretty significant in this game.

D

Deleted member

PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate I see, that makes a lot more sense. I just thought you were implying they were weak because you said episodes 1-3 rather than the empire's rise specifically.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate I see, that makes a lot more sense. I just thought you were implying they were weak because you said episodes 1-3 rather than the empire's rise specifically.
Yeah, it's just the empire used the droid armies as a scapegoat to militarize and that's how they gained power. To fight against the threat of another droid army. Of course, they knew that was BS since it was their emperor that organized the droid army in the first place, but it did allow the council to give up their power

D

Deleted member

Erureido Erureido So, I'm watching the Grand Order OVA and I'm just a little bit confused... on a lot of things: is this canon? Is this some alternate timeline thingy of the 5th Grail War? Also, is that Caster really Stay Night!Lancer?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I breed a perfect Magnemite...But it's Quiet.

Dang it. I still haven't gotten a modest one yet

At least breeding this perfect Magnemite with a perfect ditto will ensure 5 IV's

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Happy New Year everyone!

Hope 2017 is just as awesome as 2016 was.

My New Years resolution is to spend less time in Internet echo chambers and take more walks.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Have any of you ever been at any points in your life where you almost constantly criticize yourself even over little things or you're constantly worrying about something?

I've been going in and out of doing that lately. It's not doing me any good, to say the least....

I'm feeling way better than that right now, but it has happened to me enough lately that I'm concerned about it. I don't want this to be a commonly recurring thing.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Have any of you ever been at any points in your life where you almost constantly criticize yourself even over little things or you're constantly worrying about something?

I've been going in and out of doing that lately. It's not doing me any good, to say the least....

I'm feeling way better than that right now, but it has happened to me enough lately that I'm concerned about it. I don't want this to be a commonly recurring thing.
All the time!

You just have to learn to let loose. Mistakes are are a part of life. Learn to love yourself while keeping that healthy self criticism.

Take some walks. Drive. Listen to good music. Read a good book. Do anything and avoid others who have no aim in life other than to drag people down.

Want to know my rules?
1. Don't sweat the little things.
2. Everything's a little thing.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Erureido Erureido So, I'm watching the Grand Order OVA and I'm just a little bit confused... on a lot of things: is this canon? Is this some alternate timeline thingy of the 5th Grail War? Also, is that Caster really Stay Night!Lancer?
If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be a group of humans trying to prevent a world-ending crisis from happening due to certain eras of time being messed up or something along the lines of. I do not believe it is canon to the original Holy Grail Wars in Fubuki(like Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, etc), but it's a canon of it's own sort of deal. Like I said, the Fate creator wants the Fate series to be like the Marvel Universe, so don't take everything at face value.
Oh, and yes, Caster is Stay Night!Lancer. As mentioned, some servants can be different classes depending on the circumstances. Like Stay Night!Lancer can also be a Caster and a Berserker(and I think I heard he can also be a Saber, but I can't confirm if it's true or not.).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I'm prone to that as well but for different reasons most likely.

Also just under half an hour til' the New Year here for the EST peeps.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Just here to say happy new year to all of you guys.
If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be a group of humans trying to prevent a world-ending crisis from happening due to certain eras of time being messed up or something along the lines of. I do not believe it is canon to the original Holy Grail Wars in Fubuki(like Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, etc), but it's a canon of it's own sort of deal. Like I said, the Fate creator wants the Fate series to be like the Marvel Universe, so don't take everything at face value.
Oh, and yes, Caster is Stay Night!Lancer. As mentioned, some servants can be different classes depending on the circumstances. Like Stay Night!Lancer can also be a Caster and a Berserker(and I think I heard he can also be a Saber, but I can't confirm if it's true or not.).
Yes he can and also Rider.

Now Digital Hazard, out!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also funny how at the start of 2016 we thought the Switch (NX back then) would be revealed either shortly before or at E3 and released in November. Here we are at the end of 2016/the start of 2017 and we still haven't got a proper reveal trailer showing off all the games lol.

Not to mention the Smash leak from Dr. Serkan Toto happened in January of 2016 meaning it will be almost a full year since we heard about Smash Switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, the whole Caster vs. Archer was filled with references to their fight in Stay Night. So I guess they have their memories or something
Was that all of the Grand Order special or will they adapt everything? Like, I wouldn't mind them not doing the rest if the damn game was actually localised

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I haven't watched the Grand Order OVA yet, but adding to what Ivander said, Grand Order is a Fate series spinoff, and Caster is Stay Night!Lancer because...

Cu Chulainn, who Stay Night!Lancer is, was also an expert mage during his life.

Similarly, Arturia Saber can also be summoned as a Rider and Caster (Rider because she is proficient with riding horses due to her knight background, and caster due to having some proficiency with magic).

As for the OVA, I think it's only going to be one episode.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, the whole Caster vs. Archer was filled with references to their fight in Stay Night. So I guess they have their memories or something
Was that all of the Grand Order special or will they adapt everything? Like, I wouldn't mind them not doing the rest if the damn game was actually localised
If you were confused from just the beginning, I think the rest of the game would give your sanity a run for it's money.
Especially when aliens come into the mix

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I knew I was going to get a Venusaur before a Blastosie

But, technically I could get a Blastoise now if I wanted a bad Blastoise

(and this venusaur has low IV's)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Year in Review for Street Fighter V.

c5414897a0edff277f10d62fe7c217390e2f014d06280fea68b73609cf1d27ad.jpg

Let's get this out the way, gameplay wise, it's great and the implementation of the V-System is great despite how it's being dumbed down from SF4 (which was kinda dumbed down from 3rd Strike).

However everything else was a goddamn mess and feel like a freaking F2P game with how limited the content was at launch. Especially for a game costing $60, that's bad from no arcade mode, no CPU vs CPU, costumes being locked in Missions that are kinda crappy and the roster being incomplete because "we gotta make CEO/EVO/Capcom Cup"

As a game, it's fine but not worth more than $20 and as a fighter, you can do something much better from what you have now (Killer Instinct, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, KoF and even MKX) and coming up (Tekken 7, Injustice 2 and even MvC Infinite)

It's still a fun game and worth a play but man wait until Season 2 is finished for you to decide.

I'm giving it a V-Triggered/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom