• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Which I have acknowledged. Again, MY point is that you've only asserted so and belittled some vague opposing side which would not hold your position. What I'm asking you to do is to clearly and rigorously define your position as to why dogs should be saved at all costs, if that is indeed your position, and to clarify if not (because you certainly implied so with that one post).
Again, you simply deny some vague alternative without stating why they should be saved at all costs. Examples that they can doesn't mean they ought.
You cite a popular aphorism and mean it in a literal sense to make a sentimental / emotional argument. I want you to go beyond that, if that wasn't apparent enough.
Note, I might not disagree with you. I want you to think.
And I think you're just going on one of your pseudo-intellectual, condescending rants again, pretending you are a teacher with something to teach.

I didn't assert or belittle an "opposing" side. This isn't politics.

I simply hold the opinion that people shouldn't be so quick to give up on a dog (or any pet, for that matter), just because of some difficulty in recovering their health. We don't do that with fellow humans, we wouldn't even dream of it. We shouldn't do it with our pets either, especially when we can save them, even if it takes time and effort. If you can't see the "definition" in that point, then that's your problem, not mine, and I don't particularly care because this really is a simple concept.

There is nothing else to think about. Go pester someone else to "think deeply" about what is ultimately a simple matter. I'm not interested in humouring you any further.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Blue Beetle has some similarities to D'Vorah from the looks of it.
Gamescom will have the next reveals, game uses MKXL's netcode (as in the current netcode that had beta tests, not the ****ty one from launch) and the game has a tournament mode that disables all mods and gear.
Supergirl and Grodd are also rather important to the story apparently.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
And I think you're just going on one of your pseudo-intellectual, condescending rants again, pretending you are a teacher with something to teach.

I didn't assert or belittle an "opposing" side. This isn't politics.
Ohh--we've met before? The name changes confuse me. Sorry about that.
You asserted a position--and... I'm having trouble seeing how your language towards those who hold a different opinion was anything but purposeful marginalization, or utter ignorance of their arguments.
There's far more to disagree about than politics, friend. There's science and health and economics and ethics and metaphysics and epistemology... Are you trying to insinuate something about me? I don't think you're so ignorant to relegate the existence of opposing sides to politics alone. This is about ethics, m8. Moral obligation and all that.

I simply hold the opinion that people shouldn't be so quick to give up on a dog (or any pet, for that matter), just because of some difficulty in recovering their health. We don't do that with fellow humans, we wouldn't even dream of it. We shouldn't do it with our pets either, especially when we can save them, even if it takes time and effort. If you can't see the "definition" in that point, then that's your problem, not mine, and I don't particularly care because this really is a simple concept.
But why? Dogs are not humans, obviously, so the connection you're throwing out there isn't apparent just by stating 'we don't do it to humans, we shouldn't do it to them.' Is it just the fact they're living beings? Is it because they're 'man's best friend'? What truth does that statement hold, is it universal, and does it impose a moral obligation? What is it?
Again, why? It is not my fault for not being able to see your point--I cannot see into your mind. Again, you assert that something should be done without explaining why. I'm tryna understand the why.
Oh, and, for the record, I do disagree with your assertion, for the sake of transparency. There are certain situations where humans are not morally obligated to continually care for a canine.

There is nothing else to think about. Go pester someone else to "think deeply" about what is ultimately a simple matter. I'm not interested in humouring you any further.
An opinion held strongly ought be well reasoned.
Argumentation, disagreement, and debate are critical for the development of sound ideas and the uprooting of bad ones.
It makes me sad that you're unwilling to engage in meaningful discussion about these things.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And now a Genesis mini's coming?

Fun fact: The Genesis was my first ever console...
Only had three games for it tho...Sonic, Lion King and Batman...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ohh--we've met before? The name changes confuse me. Sorry about that.
You asserted a position--and... I'm having trouble seeing how your language towards those who hold a different opinion was anything but purposeful marginalization.
But why? Dogs are not humans, obviously, so the connection you're throwing out there isn't apparent just by stating 'we don't do it to humans, we shouldn't do it to them.' Is it just the fact they're living beings? What is it?
Again, why? It is not my fault for not being able to see your point--I cannot see into your mind. Again, you assert that something should be done without explaining why. I'm tryna understand the why.

An opinion held strongly ought be well reasoned.
Argumentation, disagreement, and debate are critical for the development of sound ideas and the uprooting of bad ones.
It makes me sad that you're unwilling to engage in meaningful discussion about these things.
Look.

Other people understood my point, enough to agree with it.

If you disagree, that's fine, I won't hold it against you. But please stop trying to say I haven't explained it properly. I made it fairly clear as to why I think what I do. It's not even a very complex matter. To be perfectly honest, it really does just seem like you're trying to over-complicate things in order to make a point completely unrelated to what I was saying (and I know what that point is).

I can't explain it any clearer than I have, and you are the only person complaining about not being able to understand it. So the rest is on you to understand it, at that point. Maybe you just don't get it. And that's fine. Nobody understands everything.

Sorry for lashing out a bit in the last post, but sincerely, I can't give you a clearer explanation than I already have. I've already handed you something pretty darn transparent. What you're asking me to explain is like asking me to explain why you shouldn't murder someone after I've just said "because it's taking someone's life away against their will, hurts those who loved them, and will likely cause you life in prison, or at least you'll have some people who now hate you".

I don't want to take this any further because I think it will go in circles no matter what I say, and I'm going to bed so I can hopefully stay awake through an all-night stream about a virtual blue rodent.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The trailer is up.
Holy damn Blue Beetle looks amazing. He's probably gonna be my new main of Cyborg and Nightwing don't come back

Apparently this is a thing?

Lol ok then I guess.
Remember, if Marvel 1 or 2 doesn't rerelease on consoles or UMvC3 doesn't get a surprise patch/rerelease then don't expect any new Marvel vs Capcom at all

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Look.

Other people understood my point, enough to agree with it.

If you disagree, that's fine, I won't hold it against you. But please stop trying to say I haven't explained it properly. I made it fairly clear as to why I think what I do. It's not even a very complex matter. To be perfectly honest, it really does just seem like you're trying to over-complicate things in order to make a point completely unrelated to what I was saying (and I know what that point is).

I can't explain it any clearer than I have, and you are the only person complaining about not being able to understand it. So the rest is on you to understand it, at that point. Maybe you just don't get it. And that's fine. Nobody understands everything.

Sorry for lashing out a bit in the last post, but sincerely, I can't give you a clearer explanation than I already have. I've already handed you something pretty darn transparent. What you're asking me to explain is like asking me to explain why you shouldn't murder someone after I've just said "because it's taking someone's life away against their will, hurts those who loved them, and will likely cause you life in prison, or at least you'll have some people who now hate you".
I wasn't sure what your position was, honestly, but I had an idea. You didn't answer my question after I re-presented it in (I think) a clearer manner.
I hope you believe me when I say I have no ulterior point.
My first point is to open debate and encourage critical thought (because all things have a why, and can get appreciatively complicated when attempting to explain the why. We're discussing ethics, but more on that later). I can't argue against moral assertions that have no justifications, no why. So, I was trying to draw the justifications of your stance, the why of it, out. After that happened, I was hoping to move to my second point, the actual argument over your statement. More on that later, again.

Okay, so, ethics. It troubles me when people say we shouldn't murder, but don't actually provide reasons. Reason being is that the position is very flimsy, and the potential exists for poor quality arguments to shove aside that wariness of murder. I believe this has happened a lot in history, they just call murder by another name to soothe cognitive dissonance and make their ideas more palatable. Ethnic cleansing, war, and so on.
In that, you're goddamn right. I'm asking you something similar. I'm asking questions like "Why is it wrong to take someone's life against their will? What makes a life sacred? Why is hurting people bad? Why is hate bad? I won't accept 'because that's how it is.'"
In this case, it's (if this is your position) "What makes dog lives sacred to the point where we should attempt to save them at all costs?"
To be honest, a big reason why I go after arguments instead of making my own comprehensive points is that 1. people usually don't care what you have to say if you disagree with them blatantly while not having their personal trust. 2. My viewpoints on ethics are very societally unorthodox and are likely to incur such ignoring and belittling, which is why I try to focus on making people accept debate and discourse first. 3. I... haven't fully taken my own position. But that's why I like argument, it helps me refine mine. When I've gotten to the point where I think I can make it without reasonable people marginalizing it right out of the gate, I won't hesitate to post it. It's about hearts and minds, you know?

I don't want to take this any further because I think it will go in circles no matter what I say, and I'm going to bed so I can hopefully stay awake through an all-night stream about a virtual blue rodent.
Goodnight. <3

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seeing Blue Beetle's trailer pisses me off. DC's got a skewed mindset with their non-comic media. Arrow was building up Suicide Squad. Then they had to kill them off. Why? "The movie people are gonna use them and people won't be able to tell the difference". Apparently, the movie guys have plans for Blue Beetle, so I can't get a Flash-tier Blue Beetle show

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Saw this, probably fake but it's an interesting idea:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/27315541/sun-and-moon-anime-info

Thoughts?
The supposed leak seems to imply Ash will become a mentor-like character in the upcoming anime. If he wins the Kalos League and there's a time skip after the Team Flare arc, this would be a fitting role. I find it interesting that two player characters seem to travel together this time around instead of just one.

Other than that, I'm going to remain skeptical about the leak until we receive our first batch of Sun and Moon anime news.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There was a problem fetching the tweet
He looks a little off here, but I'll wait until I see him in motion.

Also Green Hill level confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Aaaahhhh, **** I missed the epilogue, this is what happens when I try to read a manga online

So now that I have ACTUALLY finished it, I give it a 11/10
Too bad MAL doesn't accept this score
Soul Calibur's 20th anniversary is looking great.

greatly disappointing
Still better than Metroid's anniversary

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Aaaahhhh, **** I missed the epilogue, this is what happens when I try to read a manga online

So now that I have ACTUALLY finished it, I give it a 11/10
Too bad MAL doesn't accept this score

Still better than Metroid's anniversary
Is that your hentai thing?
btw Zory, look up Skylanders Robot Chicken. RC is great, but you'd like this one

D

Deleted member

Is that your hentai thing?
btw Zory, look up Skylanders Robot Chicken. RC is great, but you'd like this one
It's called Bokura no Hentai and it's art
ALSO, I GUESS MY SHIPPING BECAME CANON BUT I'M NOT SURE????
I'll check that later, not because you told me to though, but because I want to

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The supposed leak seems to imply Ash will become a mentor-like character in the upcoming anime. If he wins the Kalos League and there's a time skip after the Team Flare arc, this would be a fitting role. I find it interesting that two player characters seem to travel together this time around instead of just one.

Other than that, I'm going to remain skeptical about the leak until we receive our first batch of Sun and Moon anime news.
True, I actually think it be pretty cool to see Ash as a mentor. Seeing both protagonists would also be interesting. It could happen, I hope we find out soon what happens.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just saw this on my twitter notifications:
Screenshot (157).png

A scam I presume, but what exactly is this?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Christ MN9 keeps getting worse the more I see it. After defeating the robot maxters, there's a stealth section with Call, a character with literally zero personality who keeps saying whatever she's doing. She then has to fight enemies. Those enemies being either indestructible, meaning you have to wait till they explode, or still have the 'dash me' glowy light, DESPITE THE FACT CALL CAN'T DASH INTO ****ING ENEMIES CONTRARY TO THE REST OF THE GAME!

If time travel is a success, the first thing that should be done is going back in time to kick Inafune in the ****

Burruni

Smash Hero
Christ MN9 keeps getting worse the more I see it. After defeating the robot maxters, there's a stealth section with Call, a character with literally zero personality who keeps saying whatever she's doing. She then has to fight enemies. Those enemies being either indestructible, meaning you have to wait till they explode, or still have the 'dash me' glowy light, DESPITE THE FACT CALL CAN'T DASH INTO ****ING ENEMIES CONTRARY TO THE REST OF THE GAME!

If time travel is a success, the first thing that should be done is going back in time to kick Inafune in the ****

Somehow.
This image becomes more and more painful to see every time it gets brought up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Feh

Tried getting a power nap in and I feel a bit refreshed.

But I wanted another hour and 45 minutes.

I'll take it easy but I guess I'm awake. Too much hype.

Also TapTalk kept spamming me with notifications of people liking my posts on another site, so that's the main reason I can't sleep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
YES.

Ghost Rider's finally gonna make an MCU appearance! Sure, it's basically confirmed to be Reyes as opposed to Blaze, but it's still awesome. Especially since they're using him in AoS.

I was really worried that SHIELD moving To the 10 pm "death slot" was a sign of cancellation, but man, this might help it a lot.

Today is a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom