• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Didn't Joe Quesada say that the Namor rights are back at Marvel tho?

Also if Black Panther 2 is a sort of: 'Wakanda vs Atlanis' sort of movie, that would be amazing.

On another unrelated (or semi-depending on how you look at it) note, I was thinking about the possibility of having a Secret Wars movie at the end of Phase 6/9 (if it even goes for that long). I would honestly faint of hype if they did 2015 Secret Wars as a two part movie.
Was it the full rights? Because I remember Marvel used to not have the character rights in general. I think the situation now is that they're allowed to use Namor now, but like Hulk, it just can't be a solo film. I could very much be wrong though.

In somewhat related news, without spoiling it outside the spoiler tag, we know the outcome of the trial in Civil War II issue three, as the verdict is mentioned in a preview for the new Totally Awesome Hulk comic,
Clint is ruled not guilty. #Walkeye

Not sure how people are gonna feel about that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Remember guys.
No matter if you disagree on which sister is best.
And no matter how much ink is spilt on this festival.
There are two words we gotta live by.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Was it the full rights? Because I remember Marvel used to not have the character rights in general. I think the situation now is that they're allowed to use Namor now, but like Hulk, it just can't be a solo film. I could very much be wrong though.

In somewhat related news, without spoiling it outside the spoiler tag, we know the outcome of the trial in Civil War II issue three, as the verdict is mentioned in a preview for the new Totally Awesome Hulk comic,
Clint is ruled not guilty. #Walkeye

Not sure how people are gonna feel about that.
Really Bendis? Really?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
*1 hour ago* huh its 9 am im about to take a lesuirely walk and play some pokemon go ....lets try out pokevision and see whats at the park *bulbasaur spawns and has 13 minutes* and im already halfway there

seriously i Bolted when i saw bulbasaur was at the park....he ran away after 3 balls but the fact i had the chance was good enough

pokevision failed me tho because charmander was milling about and they wouldnt tell me where

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Pretty excited for more Pokemon Sun and Moon news on August 1st. No doubt August is going to be a major month with generation 7 news with that day, the CoroCoro issue, and the World Championships.

Speaking of Worlds, do any of you remember the incident last year where those two Pokemon players got arrested for bringing weapons, and were caught the day of the event because they posted about bringing the ammunition in advance? Well, they are both going to serve 2-year sentences, followed with 2 years of probation.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ention-plot/644NV7qOImHxJARiuLL6HM/story.html

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
So Smash RPG got a big update with a few cool changes
- gear to rank up characters (to green/blue/purple and so on) can no longer be strengthened and all coins gone into them are refunded
- leveling up skills no longer costs coins and all coins into them are refunded
- Pokemon actually evolve at 3 star rank (basically lots of Charmeleons I've seen in the Arena)
- clans have more activities (finally)
- added more characters: Olimar (blue ?Mag Def), ICs (Phys Atk), Falco (in Assault gear) (Brown ?Phys Def), Red (Heal)
- characters get a visual upgrade with 5 star rank and strengthening their key items also changes them. Most visual upgrades reference an alternate or original appearance, and some characters don't have alts yet (ICs, Olimar, Falco, Snake for some reason), while there are some rather... interesting choices for others...

Hat kinda looks like Cupid...?

Your angel became an edgelord. Good grief.

Stay in MKWii please also when did DK ever become Funky maybe we can expect Cranky soon

Armored and Helmetless Samus but still with Zamus attacks, hmm... (I expect her key item to change from the Paralyzer to the arm cannon though)

This is the First Armor for X isn't it?

Mr WAAAAH

- gear to rank up characters (to green/blue/purple and so on) can no longer be strengthened and all coins gone into them are refunded
- Pokemon actually evolve at 3 star rank (basically lots of Charmeleons I've seen in the Arena)
- added more characters: Olimar (blue ?Mag Def), ICs (Phys Atk), Falco (in Assault gear) (Brown ?Phys Def), Red (Heal)
- characters get a visual upgrade with 5 star rank and strengthening their key items also changes them. Most visual upgrades reference an alternate or original appearance, and some characters don't have alts yet (ICs, Olimar, Falco, Snake for some reason), while there are some rather... interesting choices for others...

Stay in MKWii please also when did DK ever become Funky maybe we can expect Cranky soon

Armored and Helmetless Samus but still with Zamus attacks, hmm... (I expect her key item to change from the Paralyzer to the arm cannon though)

Mr WAAAAH
Smash RPG got helemetless powersuit samus before real smash
-_-
:061:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Mr WAAAAH
I was literally just thinking of playing this but was like "I'll probably get too absorbed into it like I usually do and there's something else I wanna do".

But then I see this and now I'm booting it up.

At first I was devastated hearing my equipment upgrades and what not won't work anymore, but on the other hand, I'm going to be RICH.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so heres something to note of the gen 7 pokemon out side of magearna and the box legendaries every pokemon we have seen could very well be found exclusively on the first island

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
I was literally just thinking of playing this but was like "I'll probably get too absorbed into it like I usually do and there's something else I wanna do".

But then I see this and now I'm booting it up.

At first I was devastated hearing my equipment upgrades and what not won't work anymore, but on the other hand, I'm going to be RICH.

Sad thing is I blew half of my 8 million coins upgrading Bully armour on my main 4 to Lv 70
I should really play more Bowser's Tower and get enough to make a set of blue gear
Also Rosalina's key item upgrade kinda reminds me of the Paper Mario Star Rod even though it's not quite exact??

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sad thing is I blew half of my 8 million coins upgrading Bully armour on my main 4 to Lv 70
I should really play more Bowser's Tower and get enough to make a set of blue gear
Also Rosalina's key item upgrade kinda reminds me of the Paper Mario Star Rod even though it's not quite exact??
I just blew them on upgrading my Pokémon since I haven't had a chance to do that in a while.

You can now get Pichu as a Pokémon too.

Also, how do you actually get the "Awakening" forms for the characters?

Rosalina's first one looks weird, it's like Fire Rosalina but she has Peach's earrings for some reason.

Tried the training mission for Fed Forece. If the rest of the game is that fun then Day One. Surprised how easy it is to control and aim.

:061:

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

Mr WAAAAH
Screens of new characters pls

Also SiIvagunner uploaded the Street Fighter II themes for Vega, M. Bison, and Balrog.

So does anyone have hopes for the Sonic party?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Also SiIvagunner uploaded the Street Fighter II themes for Vega, M. Bison, and Balrog.

I'm just curious about the Lego Dimensions stuff that's supposedly there, mainly because I'm curious to see how Sonic gets translated into a Lego game. :p It worked well for Portal, so I have high hopes.

That, and the anniversary game of course.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I totally thought if it wasn't Snow Halation or the Flinstones remixes, he would've referenced the whole Japanese and Western name differences thing.

And wadiya know :p

I mean it really isn't when you think about it, but still :dazwa:

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
I just blew them on upgrading my Pokémon since I haven't had a chance to do that in a while.

You can now get Pichu as a Pokémon too.

Also, how do you actually get the "Awakening" forms for the characters?

Rosalina's first one looks weird, it's like Fire Rosalina but she has Peach's earrings for some reason.
First Awakening happens at 5 star rank by the look of it (which is essentially 330 character pieces in total assuming you start them from 10 for 1 star)
If Pichu is a status debuff Pokemon then I could consider bringing it in against main levels, I need to buff my Cleffa so I can use it in the Arena tho

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One other cool change I noticed is that the Arena shop is no longer like the other shops, where items go in and out of stock.

Instead, you can buy character pieces for 200 tokens a piece and they don't go out of stock.

This means you can much more easily save up your pieces to unlock new characters, or to upgrade existing ones.

upload_2016-7-22_17-32-46.png

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
This happened.

This might be what gets me back into Legacy

One other cool change I noticed is that the Arena shop is no longer like the other shops, where items go in and out of stock.

Instead, you can buy character pieces for 200 tokens a piece and they don't go out of stock.

This means you can much more easily save up your pieces to unlock new characters, or to upgrade existing ones.

View attachment 112783
Definitely a change for the better, tho I'm kinda farming total tokens so I can get some of those three star character pieces

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just noticed something in that tweet I posted above with Takashi Iizuka.

PS4 controller next to the 3DS.

It's about to be that time, bois.
I'd actually like Generations 2.
[QUOTE = "ChikoLad, post: 21337483, member: 233902"] First Falco in this one.

View attachment 112780

And the rest:

View attachment 112781

And Pichu, while I'm at it:

View attachment 112782[/QUOTE]
Looks great, and that's how I first imagined Falco to be in Smash.
This happened.

Waluigi, Vets, Lucina and Ridley are the only things I liked there. Rrly. Geno. >.>

I still don't like the dark visuals of the menu's and stuff.
The Sonic fandom right now.

LotR. <3 <3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Toon Link's upgraded outfit is pretty slick. It's inspired by Link's Hyrule Warriors look, and he has a crown.

upload_2016-7-22_18-8-43.png

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'll repost my hopes from a couple of pages ago.
Was going to post something similar on July 22nd, but I might as well do it now.

1.) The next main series game: Pretty much a no-brainer. We know Sonic Team has been cooking something up in the oven for awhile, we just don't now what it is. I can't predict anything other than it will star Sonic, you go fast, and collect rings.

2.) New Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice trailer: Now is about the time we get a new trailer for the game, one that hopefully convinces more people about. I also expect them to show a new cut scene.

3.) Sonic Boom season 2 announcement and sneak peak: Season 2 is pretty much all but confirmed, and it makes sense it show it off here. They'll probably explain the differences between season 2 and season 1.

4.) Sonic in LEGO Dimensions trailer: It will likely show off some gameplay of him and his level. Maybe an interview with some people at Traveler's Tales. Hopefully we'll see some more characters other than Sonic.

5.) First4Figures shows their 25th Anniversary statue: Possibly show off some more merchandise as well.

6.) Some news about the Sonic movie: We know next to nothing about the movie, so now would be a good time to spill the beans. We'll probably get a brief synopsis and what Sonic will look like. We could also get the reveal of a director and some cast, but I find that more unlikely. (This is honestly what I want to see the most, aside from the new game of course)

7.) Sonic 1 and 2 remastered get console releases, with 3 and Knuckles announced: Pretty much getting into wish-list territory, but I think this would be a great way to celebrate the classic era.

8.) More PC ports announced: Heroes, Colors, and Unleashed are some of the few main series Sonic games to have not made it to PC. With SEGA having some more pocus on PC gaming, I can see them wanting to port these games.
So far, two of them have been confirmed (LEGO Dimensions and the movie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom