• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A remix of the RSE gym battle. I miss the days of my childhood where pokemon was so amazing to me.

The game isn't even out yet, and i've already been insta-gibbed 3 seconds after spawning before I knew what I was doing and then rage-quit.
:061:
I can always appreciate a good Metal remix...Heonn Gym battle is my favourite Gym battle theme and this remix definitely did it justice...

Chrono.

IDK Flygon doesn't look much like an antlion to me.

No one gets this reference lol

Also i'm judging every Disney roster purely on whether it has stitch or not.
That looks more like my nightmares.

dream1ng

Smash Lord

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I believe you're thinking about the KH game concept that Dissidia originally was, which was Kingdom Hearts and Disney characters fighting each other. Then Disney went against the idea at some point and eventually the concept became Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Nah, I know what he's talking about. It was concept art for a fighting game that feature Beast, Ursula, the Sheriff of Nottingham, King Louie, and John Silver all fighting, IIRC.
Precisely:
https://gamingreinvented.com/tag/buena-vista-games/

It looked like a cool idea, and is still one I'd love to see revisted, as it has a lot of potential.

Whenever a supposed leak breaks and then countless branching leaks pop up mere days after it always strikes me as a bit too coincidental.

If only coattails weren't so much fun to ride on.
True, at least it's focused on something no one else has tried to make up yet, so I'll give it that, but I don't think that's reason to give it credit just yet.

We'll see what happens.

Chrono.

EVO Japan line up.

Well... SUPPOSEDLY anyway, we should know if it's real soon though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Another thing I was confused about...Fomantis I thought looked very much like a bug, but I gave it a pass since I got a Petilil vibe from it, but Lurantis is literally a Praying Mantis...I mean Bug/Grass gives it a bunch of extra weakness, but it's something that just makes sense for the Pokemon...still a cool Pokemon though, I love Praying Mantises, amoung my favourite insects...
I have to agree it's a bit weird, it seems like it's based off of a aggressive mimicry, as it lures in opponents to take them down similar to how a predator would lure in prey by either looking like one or the host. However, it looks like a Bug, so it's a Grass type that looks like a Bug type that's pretending to be a Grass type to lure in foes that are likely Bug types or the like. A bit of a complex way to represent the concept to say the least.

Speaking of non-bug type bugs though, if they're planning on doing more, they should do one based off of the carnivorous caterpillar. It'd be another nice twist on the typical caterpillar archetype we usually get per generation if they mixed it up both in personality and typing, particularly since the last one (the Scatterbug line) played it straight in the previous generation.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
EVO Japan line up.

Nice to see BlazBlue: Central Fiction made it on the lineup. Smash WiiU and Pokken are great to see on there as well.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
EVO Japan line up.

Bro, Gundam at EVO would be hype

I still want TMNT Tournament Fighter and DBZ Budokai 3 at EVO

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have to agree it's a bit weird, it seems like it's based off of a aggressive mimicry, as it lures in opponents to take them down similar to how a predator would lure in prey by either looking like one or the host. However, it looks like a Bug, so it's a Grass type that looks like a Bug type that's pretending to be a Grass type to lure in foes that are likely Bug types or the like. A bit of a complex way to represent the concept to say the least.

Speaking of non-bug type bugs though, if they're planning on doing more, they should do one based off of the carnivorous caterpillar. It'd be another nice twist on the typical caterpillar archetype we usually get per generation if they mixed it up both in personality and typing, particularly since the last one (the Scatterbug line) played it straight in the previous generation.
Carnivorous caterpillars would be neat...especially since they can be found in Hawaii...

My most wanted Bug would be a Bug/Ice type Weta though...Weta are found in New Zealand and since we got a Koala and Birds of Paradise already pretty much any of those Pacific islands including New Zealand has potential for some really cool Pokemon concepts...

After that a Bug/Psychic Moon Moth would be really cool...as a counterpart to Volcarona possibly...

Last edited:
I didn't even know there was a gundam fighting game. . .

Only Gundam games i've played are two of the Dynasty Warriors games (Which are awesome btw although the second blows the first out of the water) which is the reason I am watching the first season. (Seen above for the Fed Force post)

Also Dissidia at a tourny would be unbelievably hype but I don't think the PS4 port has even been announced let alone released.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But you know what would be hype? A Steven Universe fighting game with all your favorite gems (and some humans). Other than the obvious Cheese Puff, Amethyst and Peridot would be my mains if it were real.

But I doubt Rebecca Sugar would really be interested in this sort of idea.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I still can't get over how this song syncs with the gifs in my sig. :laugh:

In related news, Trails in the Sky is pretty great.

Chrono.

Only Gundam games i've played are two of the Dynasty Warriors games (Which are awesome btw although the second blows the first out of the water) which is the reason I am watching the first season. (Seen above for the Fed Force post)

Also Dissidia at a tourny would be unbelievably hype but I don't think the PS4 port has even been announced let alone released.
Dissidia wouldn't be an issue in Japan, they have arcades over there.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Actually, I have an idea of a EVO Retro Tournament in here they play older fighting games

What do you think of my list

• Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
  • King of Fighters 98
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
  • Tekken 3
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • Super Smash Bros 64
  • TMNT Tournament Fighters
  • Samurai Showdown 2
  • Power Stone
Side Games:
  • Killer Instinct
  • Windjammers
  • NBA Jam

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Gundam Wing Endless Duel is one of the best fighting games in the 4th Generation and you should try it out

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man it feels so weird knowing i'm 21 years old today. More so because I vividly remember the day when I turned 11 10 years ago and yet it feels like it was a couple of days ago.

Chrono.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!
4 final evolutions for the starters?

Yeah I don't buy that for a second, because it sounds like it's piggybacking off that seemingly legit leak that said Rockruff was gonna have 4 split evolutions based on each island.

Honestly every text leak that pops up after yesterday's info is automatically fake until otherwise.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man it feels so weird knowing i'm 21 years old today. More so because I vividly remember the day when I turned 11 10 years ago and yet it feels like it was a couple of days ago.
Happy birthday then.

Come to think of it.

Almost my birthday too.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
As usual, I'm late to the party.

RANDOM MUSINGS OF AN EARTHWORM

POKEMON: Formantis and Lurantis are neat! A reversal of the orchid mantis (flower mimicking a bug rather than the opposite) is an interesting idea I haven't seen done before. Mudbray is alright, Mudsdale is worth it though. Gumshoos really brings to mind Ace Attorney Gumshoes rather than the infamous presidential candidate. Minior is odd, I get the feeling it will have a ludicrously tanky evolution. Oricorio has an interesting gimmick, and I like its design. Alola forms are intriguing. Love Exeggutall, it's hilarious! Snowshrew and Icepix are interesting too.

Well, it seems the Starter leak may have been true after all. I'm really torn for once! Robin Hoot screams "Smash" or "Pokken" to me. Same with Armor King. That said, Selkie is so majestic, I'm really tempted to use her. It'll be interesting to see if the gimmicky Cat Pokemon is true. Please let me breed a hideous cat bug! Also interested to see the rumored sea cucumber Mon. If it's real, it is 100% getting nicknamed Kevin. Be interesting to see if there really are no Gyms.

UGGH WHY ISNT NX REVEALED YET: Really? More NX news!? First, there's the Eurogamer article. Seems very credible, and not too outlandish when you think about it. Sort of like a bizarro Wii U. Now, there's Pokemon and Mario rumors? Please Nintendo , just let us know what you guys are even cooking up! I'm dying here!

DIDNEY WORL FIGHT: I'd really enjoy this! Traditional or Smash style could work, but I'm leaning more towards Smash. Just give us a good mix of Classic Disney, some Pixar stuff, maybe sprinkle in some Marvel and Star Wars for flavor, and BAM! Instant classic! I hope that one day I can see Jack Skellington punch Darth Vader in the face.

Did I miss any news? Please let me know if I missed anything important!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
oh look more leaks...yay...

Carphin....is this our Dolphin?
Spertrum....first thing that came to mind was a Sperm Whale...
Krakabon....a Kraken?
Performar....A Marlin maybe?
Tectossum....Ground type Opossum Opossum ?
Rugrilla....Rugby Monkey?
Meowlbow....gimmicky cat pokemon mentioned in other leaks?

Not really going to buy this though...it's easy to come up with weird names for stuff that's already rumoured to exist...

Edit: but I can totally dig a Fire/Ghost Litten evolution!!!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
oh look more leaks...yay...

Carphin....is this our Dolphin?
Spertrum....first thing that came to mind was a Sperm Whale...
Krakabon....a Kraken?
Performar....A Marlin maybe?
Tectossum....Ground type Opossum Opossum ?
Rugrilla....Rugby Monkey?
Meowlbow....gimmicky cat pokemon mentioned in other leaks?

Not really going to buy this though...it's easy to come up with weird names for stuff that's already rumoured to exist...
I found a picture of Carphin

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I also realized that my birthday is 2 days after Sakurai's birthday and 1 day after Obama's birthday. All the cool people are born in August yo.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I MISSED OUT ON DISNEY FIGHTER DISCUSSION?
NOOO!!!

Well, I can still post.
Disney Fighter Roster.png

Plus a few assists:
Oswald

Pete

Captain Hook

King Louie

Prince Phillip

Pumbaa and Timon

Gaston

Ursula

Eugene Fitzherbert

Agent P

Riku

Fairy Godmother

Winnie The Pooh

Tigger

Dumbo

Mad Hatter and March Hare

Robin Hood

Merlin

The Horned King

Pocahontas

Hercules

Tantor

Milo Thatch and Kida

Jim Hawkins

Cuzco

Dr. Facilier

The Rescuers

Goliath

Star Butterfly

Zurg

Hamm, Slinky, Mr. Potato Head

Randall

Syndrome

Joy

Sadness

Anger

Fear

Disgust

Lightning McQueen

Mater

Marlin, Dory, and Nemo

Luxo

Bruce/Crush/Hank

Remmy

Arlo and Spot

Jackalope

and stages:
Duckberg

Steamboat Willie

Peter Pan Location

Agrabah

Pride Rock

Halloween Town

Elsa’s Tower

Sugar Rush/Central Station

San Fransokyo

The Mystery Shack

Hollow Bastion

The Black Pearl

The Dwarves’ House

Cinderella Location

100 Acre Wood

The Mad Hatter’s Party

Bambi Location

Notre Dame Cathedral

Atlantis Location

The Bayou

Club Penguin Location

Treasure Planet Location

TRON Location

Tomorrowland

Small World

Andy’s Room

The Scare Floor

The Axiom

The Control Room

Cars Location

Up Location

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I found this: http://macintyrerath.tumblr.com/post/148418572356/alolan-shellder-and-cloyster

Alolan Shelder and Cloyster.
It makes a lot of sense, I never understood why Shelder looks like that in Slowbro's tail and Slowking's head.
Doesn't really explain why Shellder looks like that in literally every other region when a Slowpoke evolves, when this is supposed to be a region exclusive form...A very neat idea though (kinda lame it's still pure water, perhaps Water/Poison since the Pokedex mentions the Shellder injects poisons into Slowbro's tail and Slowking's head)...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
...Yeeeeah, this one feels like a stretch. Why would they go so far to give the whole "four forms based on the islands" thing to the starters?

Though I wonder if this could be another one of those leaks that combines real and fake info...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom