• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Never really played NiGHTS, but I've always had an appreciation and respect for the franchise.
Happy Birthday, NiGHTS.
I didn't even know how the gameplay was like until this DYKG video.
That said, I always seemed to respect NiGHTS. Seemed to me like at least a semi-important SEGA franchise. And I just love how it's all in capitals except the I.

Character design is very good too.

Chrono.

I just learned you could play as Reala if you set your internal clock to April 1st.

Learn something new every day.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Never played NiGHTS before.

Why should I?
-Very little else like it, it's basically a game where you fly around on a 2D plane while trying to accomplish various tasks for a better score
-Easy to pick up and play, but has ton of replay value and is challenging to master
-Charming atmosphere
-Amazing soundtrack
-It's cheaper than lunch if you get it during a Steam sale or something so you don't have much to lose

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
-Very little else like it, it's basically a game where you fly around on a 2D plane while trying to accomplish various tasks for a better score
-Easy to pick up and play, but has ton of replay value and is challenging to master
-Charming atmosphere
-Amazing soundtrack
-It's cheaper than lunch if you get it during a Steam sale or something so you don't have much to lose
A 2D flying platformer? That is pretty unique.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Never played NiGHTS before.

Why should I?
Sometimes weird fairy looking creatures with pointy heads and halos breed. And then you can fly up to the eggs they lay and hatch more.

This doesn't actually have any effect on your progress IIRC, it's just an odd little thing you can do if you have enough time on the clock and want to mess around. And the game records how many you have in each area.

Sometimes they'll end up breeding with the enemies instead and make little hybrids.

. . .IDK, the first thing that came to mind was the random side stuff. I remember spending a bit of time just messing around with that feature instead of playing normally, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cutesy RPGs on the 3DS are what Ecchi RPGs are to the Vita.
I'll honesty would go as far as to say that Cutesy RPGs on the 3DS are what Gritty First Person Shooters are to Modern Home Consoles.
Or what Mascot Platformers were to 90's consoles like SNES or Sega Genesis.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, there goes 300 as well.

I really suck at being evil.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, downloading Batman: Arkham Knight is taking forever.

Sometimes I miss the days when games were ready as soon as you got it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, you have to download disks?

What a world... :laugh:
I don't think so. I bought it digitally.

But when I inserted Rare Replay & South Park: The Stick of Truth discs I had to install them first.

I don't know if that's the system's main way or I accidentally set it to that.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Zelda BotW won every E3 award category it was nominated for (Best of Show, Best Console Game, & Best Action/Adventure Game).

Not surprising due to how jaw dropping beautiful it was at E3.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
And we all said Nintendo was foolish for bringing one game... :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question for you guys.

How much do you know about golems?

Go!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Go!
They're Jewish clay automatons made from inscribing a word into their foreheads or. . .something.

In the modern day the term is used for any rock or inanimate substance based humanoid construct in fiction that isn't a robot.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Go!
Golems are a traditional Jewish creature involving a human re-creation of God creating man.
According to the stories, a golem was created when a rabbi or other holy man formed a man from clay and wrote the Hebrew symbol for "life" on his forehead. The creature would serve his master with undying loyalty and superhuman strength.

The most famous of these is the story of the "Golem of Prague", which served as a indirect inspiration for D.C's Superman.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I have some kind of virus/person accessing my computer without my consent over a network.

Since last week, I've been experiencing problems where I edit the contents of folders and find that right after, I try to go back into them, only to be told that I don't have the permissions to access the folder.

It was mostly causing problems for me when I was building Smash mods - I couldn't build mods because I was being denied access to the export folder.

Now I just uninstalled Bluestacks because I was having a problem with it and people were saying the solution to it is to uninstall it and 're-install it. So I try to install it again, but it can't install because I apparently don't have access to the Bluestacks folder.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Too bad NiGHTS had a subpar sequel on the Wii. Ruined by motion controls, cheesy dialogue, and perhaps less interesting characters (A wise owl, not like I've heard of that one before).

But I still adore the NiGHTS franchise so much. They (NiGHTS is genderless after all) are among one of the most interesting Sega protagonists next to Sonic.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I have some kind of virus/person accessing my computer without my consent over a network.

Since last week, I've been experiencing problems where I edit the contents of folders and find that right after, I try to go back into them, only to be told that I don't have the permissions to access the folder.

It was mostly causing problems for me when I was building Smash mods - I couldn't build mods because I was being denied access to the export folder.

Now I just uninstalled Bluestacks because I was having a problem with it and people were saying the solution to it is to uninstall it and re-install it. So I try to install it again, but it can't install because I apparently don't have access to the Bluestacks folder.

It's driving me insane. It feels like making any sort of change to anything locks me out of that folder.

Too bad NiGHTS had a subpar sequel on the Wii. Ruined by motion controls, cheesy dialogue, and perhaps less interesting characters (A wise owl, not like I've heard of that one before).

But I still adore the NiGHTS franchise so much. They (NiGHTS is genderless after all) are among one of the most interesting Sega protagonists next to Sonic.
Journey of Dreams is better than the original.

It had Classic Controller support which makes it control miles better than the original. "Ruined by motion controls" isn't a valid crtiticism when alternatives are available. By this logic, Brawl was ruined by motion controls.

Everything else you listed doesn't effect the gameplay.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So Big Hero 6 was a Marvel Comic originally.

So the joke about it being Marvel in KH3 just became reality...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've heard everything but good things about Journey of Dreams. And yes, I've resorted to good old Classic Controller since motion controls are "Bleh!" at best (Too bad you can't avoid this with Skyward Sword). The last time I recall when a discussion like this happen, Chronobound and N30N weren't very fond of it. Eh, I found the game enjoyable for what it was.

But I can say that the game bought us the best line in history.

"Go over and touch NiGHTS, you'll see what I mean. That is of course, if you are interested in that sort of thing."

And the fact that they got Mojo Freaking Jojo to voice Wizeman the Wicked. Easily the best voice actor they would have chosen for the Master of Nightmares.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't even know Brawl had motion controls. lol
You could perform Smash Attacks (and by extension, aerials and other context sensitive moves) by flicking the Wii Remote with Wii Remote or Nunchuck set ups.

I believe Smash Wii U has the feature too.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Go!
Creature out of Jewish folklore created out of matter, most commonly clay or stone, through magic or some other means.

If you're looking for information on the Pokemon, it is a Rock and Ground Pokemon from the 1st Generation that evolves from Graveler when traded.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I've heard everything but good things about Journey of Dreams. And yes, I've resorted to good old Classic Controller since motion controls are "Bleh!" at best (Too bad you can't avoid this with Skyward Sword). The last time I recall when a discussion like this happen, Chronobound and N30N weren't very fond of it. Eh, I found the game enjoyable for what it was.

But I can say that the game bought us the best line in history.

"Go over and touch NiGHTS, you'll see what I mean. That is of course, if you are interested in that sort of thing."

And the fact that they got Mojo Freaking Jojo to voice Wizeman the Wicked. Easily the best voice actor they would have chosen for the Master of Nightmares.

Yeah I really want to know how does @N3ON feel about the game. Wasn't on this forum as long as you, so you can't blame me for being curious.

The touch NiGHTS quote was definitely "out there" for an E rated game. Not completely intentional, but still sound dirty enough to be an innuendo.

Then again, same game clearly had a Nightmaren called Cerberus the Hellhound.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I still feel like I should investigate how Nintendo gathers input from the fans beyond the vague rumors about Nintenjas we have and how we could voice our opinions in a way that would increase the chances of our being heard and listened to, but I'm still not sure where exactly I should look. I keep having the idea of asking someone who works at Treehouse if they know where I should look for who covers that, but I'm not sure whether or not they would know who handles that and I don't want to annoy anyone, so I keep not asking.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Go!
It's an enemy in Bayonetta and has many forms.
So Golems are mechanical thingy's that change shape.
It also sounds like Golum.

I hate Golems.
Game Theory Rejects somehow predicted this.
I really don't like Game Theory in general.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I am waiting for Batman to finish downloading, I checked the store to see if there was more DLC that wasn't included with my purchase (and there was: 7 of them).

Why wasn't this included, especially when all 7 are FREE?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"To fell both father and son with the same blade... how poetic!"
"I'm about to rewrite your poem..."
"Please. If you're anything like your father, you won't land a single blow."
"How's that? Did I land a single blow?"
"Ugh... *cough* *cough* *gurgle*"
"Fitting. Father, you are avenged."

Why is Saizo so damn cool? He and Oboro have been the MVP so far
Going to give Hinata a chance because I want a Master of Arms

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What do I know about golems? They are fodder disguised as bosses in Castlevania. The end.

Then again, same game clearly had a Nightmaren called Cerberus the Hellhound.
Now now, let's not get into a whole pointless about about how "hell" isn't a bad word. Because discussions like that would eventually be cluster****s in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom