• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got back from what I like to call "Making a fool of myself". I invited a girl to lunch

IDK how she saw it, but I saw it as making a fool of myself

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At this point the charts are sailing well past the 80 game mark.

At this point I'm wondering what on earth that even meant. Only 80+ games at some stage or another in development never even made sense in the first place.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At this point the charts are sailing well past the 80 game mark.

At this point I'm wondering what on earth that even meant. Only 80+ games at some stage or another in development never even made sense in the first place.
I was under the assumption of it being 80+ by third party developers for the Switch...and that it didn't include 1st party IPs...

Likely also doesn't include ports of older games like Skyrim since they aren't under development anymore...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Almost at page 2000...

So I received the Star Wars original dvd box set today. I am SOOOO Hype to watch my favorite movie series of all time <3
On that note, question: what did you all think of Rogue One?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I keep watching indie after indie being announced and going, "Yo 505, where's Terraria? That got teased AGES ago. Even Minecraft got announced before your game and that's always hilariously slow."

But that's just me. Think we'll get any more games at PAX South since Nintendo has a booth there? Probably not, but I figure it's probably worth idly watching just in case.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Almost at page 2000...

So I received the Star Wars original dvd box set today. I am SOOOO Hype to watch my favorite movie series of all time <3
I rather enjoyed it.
It jumped around a lot in the beginning, but it got better as it went along. The third act especially was the best part.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of Indie titles....what about Yooka-Laylee? That would be pretty hype!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's coming on Switch, but the other versions are coming out in April
Shovel Knight's a launch title with Specter of Torment available, so that's neat
Was it actually confirmed tho? I haven't seen any confirmation....I thought everyone just assumed it would be after being cancelled for the Wii U...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright... I have a question I should of asked Day 1; what is with this daily voting of Fire Emblem characters from all the games in the series? Is it just for fun or does it have an extended purpose? It's confused me beyond belief and I would love to get clarification on that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright... I have a question I should of asked Day 1; what is with this daily voting of Fire Emblem characters from all the games in the series? Is it just for fun or does it have an extended purpose? It's confused me beyond belief and I would love to get clarification on that.
The most popular male anf female characters get unique skins, and it's a general popularity poll. Glad to see Lady Lyndis getting the recognition she deserves. Hector would have been cool too but oh well

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The top 3 characters will get special apperances in the mobile game, FE Heroes.
The top 10 will receive a wallpaper apparently.

As far as I know.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The most popular male anf female characters get unique skins, and it's a general popularity poll. Glad to see Lady Lyndis getting the recognition she deserves. Hector would have been cool too but oh well
The top 3 characters will get special apperances in the mobile game, FE Heroes.
The top 10 will receive a wallpaper apparently.

As far as I know.
Oh really now? So in general, this is meant to be a popularity poll with some bonuses on the side? I kept thinking it was a poll to see who would make a special appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realised we're almost on page 2000, which means a new thread is coming soon
Gonna try that Pokemon Duel thing
This isn't doing me any favours you know. Benched Gilliam as soon as I could
Generals in SS don't suffer from low Mov as the maps aren't big like in FE6 and are more EP oriented unlike FE7 which is more of "kill everything before they can kill you"
Plus, they got the full WT, the best Sword animations of all the GBA animations, just looks so ****ing cool and have GUREAITO SHIERUDO which is a 20% chance to negate all damage when capped
I don't know if it was just my Amelia that turned out so beastly and I initially only used her because I wanted Franz to have a partner.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Almost at page 2000...

One of the better films from last year.
K2 is best canon droid MAKE KOTOR CANON YOU MEATBAGS.
THAT scene is ****ing amazing.
Gareth Edwards is excellent when it comes to scale and it really shows.
Would put it in the top half of Star Wars films.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Actually there is another popular Indie game that would be cool on the Switch...

Rocket League...

I'd want it only for having Samus' Morph Ball as the Soccer Ball :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh my lord there's ice under snow.

Someone ***** about the Switch- I need some salt for this ****.
Want salt? Tracer and Emily are just good friends
Oh really now? So in general, this is meant to be a popularity poll with some bonuses on the side? I kept thinking it was a poll to see who would make a special appearance in Fire Emblem Warriors...
It ****ing better be. I DEMAND Elibe representation from non-Japan only games. Also Alm and Celica. And Eirika and Ephraim. With Ike. And other memorable units that aren't Lords
I just realised we're almost on page 2000, which means a new thread is coming soon
Gonna try that Pokemon Duel thing

Generals in SS don't suffer from low Mov as the maps aren't big like in FE6 and are more EP oriented unlike FE7 which is more of "kill everything before they can kill you"
Plus, they got the full WT, the best Sword animations of all the GBA animations, just looks so ****ing cool and have GUREAITO SHIERUDO which is a 20% chance to negate all damage when capped
I don't know if it was just my Amelia that turned out so beastly and I initially only used her because I wanted Franz to have a partner.
Wait, when could Generals use swords? Wasn't it just lances and axes?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If allowed I'll try to make a new thread once this one decides to close down.

Onward to five. :p

D

Deleted member

Want salt? Tracer and Emily are just good friends

It ****ing better be. I DEMAND Elibe representation from non-Japan only games. Also Alm and Celica. And Eirika and Ephraim. With Ike. And other memorable units that aren't Lords

Wait, when could Generals use swords? Wasn't it just lances and axes?
SS thought it'd be cool to give Generals giant ass Swords
They were right
Almost, Shishoe? More like now; congrats on being the first poster at the 2000 page mark. :p
If I was a FE character, my highest growth would be Luck
Unfortunately, that wouldn't be as useful as it is irl

D

Deleted member

Bruh, avoiding every crit in Fates is worth it
I'm still anxious about FE warriors, not in terms of gameplay, but characters. I just don't want Awakening, Shadow Dragon and Fates being the only represented games
What's the point of avoiding crits if I'm still going to get hit all the time 'cause I'm so slow
Should make my growths as an unit, that'd be a fun little time waster

I just want Hector because I know neither Joshua or Nino will be playable :'^(

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If allowed I'll try to make a new thread once this one decides to close down.

Onward to five. :p
Sooner the better so I can change my bookmarks.

I got this thread saved on page 9999 so I always come to the most relevant page. Useful cause I only go here and the Disco.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
After seeing the current Ballot results, I decided to no longer do each day diff character.
Tho, I still want certain characters on my list to make it look nice. I have nothing against any of the three winning, tho my preferred choices are different.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
One of the better films from last year.
K2 is best canon droid MAKE KOTOR CANON YOU MEATBAGS.
THAT scene is ****ing amazing.
Gareth Edwards is excellent when it comes to scale and it really shows.
Would put it in the top half of Star Wars films.

Glad you enjoyed it.
For me, I enjoyed the story quality and how it connected with ROTS and ANH. At the same time though, I didn't really identify with the cast of characters :/ I enjoy the casts of the other Star Wars films more (for the most part...PM cast is an exception. That cast is...an interesting one :p)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Guys... You may want to take a look at this (and trust me, this is not like the listing/Reggie hint from before):

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...icial_new_cpsia_listing_for_super_smash_bros/

Basically, what this confirms is that there is a listing for a brand new Smash Bros. amiibo (the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibos already have their own separate listings). Who or what it could be, I have no idea, but this to me is a huge sign that something related to Smash is coming sooner or later.

(if I had to take a guess, maybe its Ice Climbers?)

I ended up posting this relatively late at night, so I wanted to show this to those that missed it. It's pretty significant in my eyes, but who knows?

Legit question and I just woke up, where does it say Smash Bros on that thing??
You won't see Smash Bros on the website where the information was found; the only way to tell what series of amiibo belong to Smash Bros is by looking at the item number. If I remember correctly, AA belongs to Smash Bros, and this new amiibo has a listing of CN. The listings before then (CK, CL, and CM) account for the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo (although the latter two are a prediction, it is confirmed CK belongs to Cloud, so its pretty reasonable to say CL and CM are Corrin and Bayonetta, respectively).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom