• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, 7 Legendary costumes this time, even if Mei's has 2 different colors.

That being said, the events are pretty nice to me regarding Sombra. The Christmas event gave me the Sombra Legendary skin I wanted and now the Lunar event just gave me her Hacked Highlight.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In my experience, Effie and Oswin are the only worthwhile generals. **** Generals and Knights, just as trash as bow users

Also, who remembers that game that ripped off everything that Sony advertised? "3D Graphics!" It was on Rabbid's worst games of 2016 list
Amelia has insane Strength growths.

Like crazy good.

I legit haven't even seen anyone else pick either of my choices...not even for Tharja...this makes me sad...

Then again I've only ever played Awakening and perhaps I'd have different choices if I did play other titles...
You should. Some of the games are way better like FE7 and Sacred Stones

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I had made Amelia a Paladin in my Sacred Stones run.

A tiny girl in a bulky metal suit was too weird for my tastes, and besides I had a good knight in Gilliam already.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
My votes:
upload_2017-1-24_14-7-43.png

By the way all this talk about the FE ballot and Lyn in Smash, if Nintendo made Super Smash Lords with only FE characters which characters would you like to see in it? I would put my pick later after a think who would be more fun to play as

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's an idea, if Wario in Smash represents the Warioware games in playstyle then if he were ever split into two Warios, how would overall Wario's playstyle resemble, say, the Warioland games?

What's the main feel of Wario Land that can be translated to Smash. One potential idea is the one where Wario's injuries are actually tools to win the game with so he could have Special attacks that damage him but are really powerful to compensate. Pichu but everyone off that idea years ago but just a thought.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Like crazy good.

Fam, I like 20/20ing my units. No way in hell am I gonna have a 10/20/20 unit who takes SO much time, when I can just use Seth through the entire game and win. That's an actual option. Granted, I want to use an archer, but Neimi and Colm's support boosts makes them REALLY ****ing good, a 20% crit chance for a regular Iron Bow? Sign me the **** up, and she gets a sword when promoting!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Like crazy good.

Yea...just many other games and series I should play...still haven't had the opportunity to pick up Birthright yet...

I do plan on grabbing Echoes though...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My votes:
View attachment 125317

By the way all this talk about the FE ballot and Lyn in Smash, if Nintendo made Super Smash Lords with only FE characters which characters would you like to see in it? I would put my pick later after a think who would be more fun to play as
Literally every Lord, with Celica having crazy powerful spells but takes damage when using them, Sigurd instantly wins unless a character who uses fire is picked, Seliph is a mini Sigurd, Leif does a Snake and drags them off the stage while stealing their items, Hector takes no ****ing damage, Eliwood constantly laughs at Roy who jumps off of the stage in retaliation, Eirika gives every opponent a Smash Ball, Ephraim keeps trying to bang his sister, Miciah dies is a single hit but if she hits something she hits pretty hard and Alm stabs everything in the goddamn eye

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Story time.

So last night, I ran over the remains of someone's crash onto an offramp and managed to earn myself a flat tire.

This morning, I dug through the car for a tire gauge after changing to the spare. In the process, I found:

- A Gen VI promotional timeline poster
- An unopened deck of Magic cards, Commander 2015, still wrapped in the Walmart bag
- A TomTom, presently DeadDead
- Multiple tickets, because I'm apparently a bad, bad rat
- The battery from my previous car, crashed as of 2008
- Two bottles of lubricant
- A learner's permit, issued in 2010, for someone I have never met, who is now 25
- My surgically extracted wisdom teeth, from a 2015 procedure
- Gas receipts from 2012
- An ancient universal cell phone charger from the dark times before the advent of our lord and savior the micro USB standard
- A smorgasbord of heads to go with the charger
- A necklace I gave to my ex, broken during something that rhymes with ex; we broke up in 2009
- New Car Smell Car Cologne, way out of its league
- All my tire receipts with Road Hazard coverage except the one for the driver side front, which is the flat
- Sales brochure for my car, printed in 1994, back when the 6-CD changer with high-fidelity sound was a premium option

I think perhaps I need to address this matter when the weather warms.

Bright side, I did find the tire gauge.

Tires were fine.

And now I'm off to go play Skin to Win.

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion, y'all.
At first I thought you said you ran over the remains of someone
would of been a better story if that was the case
I legit haven't even seen anyone else pick either of my choices...not even for Tharja...this makes me sad...

Then again I've only ever played Awakening and perhaps I'd have different choices if I did play other titles...
Well no one pickes Niles, Jakob or Leo and thats who im picking

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Geez, my team in Pokemon X is so bad when it come to type...
I hope to get Mewtwo quickly so that I can pass all of my Pokemon to Omega Ruby and restart with a better team.
Just....woah.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Damian's gonna have a Deathstoke alt isn't he?
**** him.

It's ****ing 70% in the Japanese version according to the wiki
But that can't be right because it ALSO says 40% for the Japanese version
70% for HP
40% for Strength

D

Deleted member

I hear people talking **** about Amelia
FB_IMG_1485178169956.jpg

Amelia may not have fantastic growths but she has 10 more levels to grow than most units and is the only avaible Knight outside of Gilliam
Used her as a Paladin first run, General in the second, and she kicked ass in both. Also, FranzXAmelia is the SS OTP

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah, all of you with them FE polls meanwhile I wait for a real FE game called Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. =P

D

Deleted member

I have no idea why everyone says Anelia sucks in this game, elsewhere I usually hear the exact opposite about her.

But I wouldn't know since I accidently killed her

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This isn't doing me any favours you know. Benched Gilliam as soon as I could
I don't know, Kellam always put in work for me. Usually paired him with either Virion or Lon'qu.

Plus through reclassing he can get Fatality, which makes it hilarious to turn back into a General and fall on top of the opponent during a Fatality. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I misread this as "Donald and Goofy have voice lines with Sephiroth that was in the new Smash Patch" and made myself sad
Probably hearing Goofy and Donald talking to Sephiroth.

Only in Kingdom Hearts will you see something like this.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have no idea why everyone says Anelia sucks in this game, elsewhere I usually hear the exact opposite about her.

But I wouldn't know since I accidently killed her
Amelia's a Freelancer, meaning horrible stats and decent to good growths. She needs to get to level 10 and she can either be a cavalier/paladin or knight/general. Sacred Stones has 3 good Cavaliers and Seth right off the bat, meaning Amelia's not going to stand out if you use any of those 4 characters. Even then, she competes with the Knight Crest regardless, so that's a total of 4 potential users you have access too that Amelia would need to compete with. In SS you can grind, but give ANY other character the same treatment as Amelia in that scenario, Amelia's not going to be able to catch up and needs more grinding than the other units. It's saying something when in the typical early game Archer is better than her
I don't know, Kellam always put in work for me. Usually paired him with either Virion or Lon'qu.

Plus through reclassing he can get Fatality, which makes it hilarious to turn back into a General and fall on top of the opponent during a Fatality. :p
I didn't recruit Kellam in my first run and he just couldn't keep up with Vaike, Chrom, Robin, Lon'qu, Lucina, Tiki, Anna, Sumia and Morgan in my second run

All this FE8 talk makes me want to finish FE Shadow Dragon so i can play that one next

But i have school
and work

and worst of all the next chapter is a desert D:

If echoes is a sub-series of remakes i will love nintendo forever
:061:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also I did vote for my fourth character...I'm not at home so no image yet...

But I can say that this character is as sweet as honey in their own way...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I admire your dedication.

Tharja will gladly follow you to the depths of heaven or hell at this rate.
Ha, I was actually hoping the poll restricted one vote per character, because it'd be more interesting to fill out since I've only played Awakening, Fates, and Smash. Odin, Owain, Rhajat (lol), Ophelia, Ryouma, Xander, Jakob, Azama, Camilla, Henry, Walhart, then Ike. Yeah, I would've done that. But sprinkling my votes won't help any of them, so I had to choose to just help one. Therefore I made the very deep choice of Tharja. :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Amelia's a Freelancer, meaning horrible stats and decent to good growths. She needs to get to level 10 and she can either be a cavalier/paladin or knight/general. Sacred Stones has 3 good Cavaliers and Seth right off the bat, meaning Amelia's not going to stand out if you use any of those 4 characters. Even then, she competes with the Knight Crest regardless, so that's a total of 4 potential users you have access too that Amelia would need to compete with. In SS you can grind, but give ANY other character the same treatment as Amelia in that scenario, Amelia's not going to be able to catch up and needs more grinding than the other units. It's saying something when in the typical early game Archer is better than her
Well yeah, I already know how she works, that's why I didn't use her.

However, I heard somewhere that she was good. But after looking it up her stats and growths, nah. Either the person that said that was incorrect or my memory is just decieving me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's ****ing 70% in the Japanese version according to the wiki
But that can't be right because it ALSO says 40% for the Japanese version
70% for HP
40% for Strength
According to SerenesForest she has a 35% Strength growth. They might be wrong, but it's not like it's a huge difference if they are.
Not to mention she has 4 move to start off.

tl:dr is that she requires babying to get any good, and doesn't turn out any better than the units who start better than she does.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
According to SerenesForest she has a 35% Strength growth. They might be wrong, but it's not like it's a huge difference if they are.

Not to mention she has 4 move to start off.

tl:dr is that she requires babying to get any good, and doesn't turn out any better than the units who start better than she does.
Whaaa? 4 move? 4 ****ing move? That alone makes her garbage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom