• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y'know, Gaiden honestly NEEDED a remake, it helped define Fire Emblem despite being seen as a black sheep, it somewhat introduced a Support system (Alm and Celica would crit when next to each other), the music and story are limited by the power of the Famicom, and the final hit on the final boss was made climactic by adding a unique animation

D

Deleted member

The only Poketubers I follow are Jwittz, HoodlumScrafty and MandJTV.
I'd be surprised if anyone else here has heard of the last one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Jwitz, HoodlumScrafty, and Rabbidluigi are also Poketubers I enjoy.

Especially the first one with how organized and informative his videos are.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Does anyone wants to vote for more characters in te FE ballot but at the same time want to vote for more characters or is it just me?

I want to vote again for Guy, Marisa and Amelia because I know they not as popular as other characters. Anna is popular enough to be safe.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh sorry, the way you said it made it seem like the dog wasn't taken care of at all
But how big is it that he can make people trip and not get hurt and at the same time be small enough that you can't see him to trip
He is a labberdoodle so that would explain how big he is, he is also still a puppy but a huge puppy, he is also black so he blends in with stuff

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know, Gaiden honestly NEEDED a remake, it helped define Fire Emblem despite being seen as a black sheep, it somewhat introduced a Support system (Alm and Celica would crit when next to each other), the music and story are limited by the power of the Famicom, and the final hit on the final boss was made climactic by adding a unique animation
****, you just reminded me of that final hit animation, I wonder what they are gonna do with it in Echoes
Did Celica have one too or was it just Alm? 'Cause she needs one then if she doesn't already have it

Also, I hope characters get shields in their model when equipped with one because that'd be neat

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
****, you just reminded me of that final hit animation, I wonder what they are gonna do with it in Echoes
Did Celica have one too or was it just Alm? 'Cause she needs one then if she doesn't already have it
It was just Alm, since Alm is the only character capable of killing the final boss. (or mages with the Nosferatu spell, but I don't think they get anything special for it since it's technically only possible because of a bug.)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man I just found out about Final Fantasy X-2.5 and what the actual ****?

Tidus' head blows up? Yuna revives him as a zombie of sorts? This also revives Sin and Auron in the process, speaking of Auron he has a daughter now I guess?? There's also hints of sexual content between Yuna and Tidus who had apparently broken up before Tidus got his head blown up?? Okay??

Now I know why people are expecting X3 but at what cost.
Wtf kind of plot is that?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, would it be too much to ask that Gaiden spoilers be tagged?

Echoes comes out this year, and most people haven't played Gaiden, so things about the story would be new to them upon playing Echoes. Yeah, Gaiden came out close to thirty years ago, but since renewed interest exists, I'd really appreciate it if plot details were spoiler tagged.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've actually gotten to the point where poketubers in general have started to bore me....

I used to enjoy watching let's plays, theory videos, top 10's, etc....but it's gotten to the point where everything's become too samey and generic....I might catch a FFA or two but other than that I've pretty much stopped watching them...

Chrono.

Also, would it be too much to ask that Gaiden spoilers be tagged?

Echoes comes out this year, and most people haven't played Gaiden, so things about the story would be new to them upon playing Echoes. Yeah, Gaiden came out close to thirty years ago, but since renewed interest exists, I'd really appreciate it if plot details were spoiler tagged.
I agree with this.

On the same end I wouldn't be surprised if Echoes took liberties with the original source material so we'd get new stuff altogether.

D

Deleted member

You misunderstand. Perhaps "doesn't exist" isn't the right term, that was wording on my part. What I mean is our social concept of race is inaccurate, it tends to change quite often and varies culture to culture. Scientifically race doesn't exist, only our apparent traits do. For instance, there's actually much more genetic diversity in Africans than any other race, both in genes and in appearance.(Even in skin tone.) Yet, now they're mostly regarded as one race.

Yet many races we refer/referred to as different are much more similar. For instance, even though jews are refereed to as a different race by many, genetically they're pretty much Caucasian in the same sense that we refer to as all africans as just africans, the same goes for the Irish.(Who were considered a different race for quite awhile, but are now considered white.)

The point being that it isn't as clear cut and defined as culture makes it out to be. And it isn't nearly as drastic as something as a pug or a beagle, false equivalence there. Outside of skin tone and facial characteristics(which also vary even within one race) we are very similar to each other. Especially compared to non-homo sapien humans that are now extinct.(Such as homo erectus, though certain people cary a bit of their genects due to homo sapeins breeding with them.) That would be more so like the difference of a beagle and a pug. Aside from appearance(which most humans are drastically different from one another anyway even within the same race when compared to other species), there's hardly a difference between everyone of us at all. It's nurture that makes us so different otherwise, not nature. A racist believes, however, that nature is why certain 'races' behave differently and that they inherently possess those characteristics.
The only reason why everyone everyone liked this post is because I said homo. :p

Also, @Shishœ, curse you for saying that generals sucked, in FE4, they kept on killing at least one of my units until I had them charge in at the right time. You jinxed me. :p

Decided to check Verlisify's Channel.

View attachment 125270

I don't know what the bottom right video is about, but I laughed. :p

He need to get his Caps Lock fixed, pronto.
Now all he needs is a red pointing arrows is one of his thumbna-Oh what the hell, seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think I've done my job for now

Screenshot_2017-01-23-09-30-04.png

Next 3 days will be regulated to Sacred Stones characters especially my man Ephraim

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I agree with this.

On the same end I wouldn't be surprised if Echoes took liberties with the original source material so we'd get new stuff altogether.
Well, we already know they're introducing new characters, at least:

The right-most character is someone named "Efi", who wasn't in the original. If she turns out to be the game's avatar, then new chapters/sidequests are likely. I doubt they'll stray too much from the original story, though, they didn't do so with either DS remake.

Chrono.

Well, we already know they're introducing new characters, at least:

The right-most character is someone named "Efi", who wasn't in the original. If she turns out to be the game's avatar, then new chapters/sidequests are likely. I doubt they'll stray too much from the original story, though, they didn't do so with either DS remake.
An avatar? Seems a bit pointless to include one in a game with two different routes/factions.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tekken 7 is coming out June 1 and Jun 2 for PC. It'll be a while, but I'm excited. I'm hoping Eddy or Armor King make it back. Most of the other characters I like are already in though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tekken 7 is coming out June 1 and Jun 2 for PC. It'll be a while, but I'm excited. I'm hoping Eddy or Armor King make it back. Most of the other characters I like are already in though.
The release date sucks but man I'll take it over another abysmal fighting game launch.

Also, I agree on Armor King but keep Eddy and Christie as well out of the game.

An avatar? Seems a bit pointless to include one in a game with two different routes/factions.
I don't think if it's an avatar since they didn't mentioned one and even then they'll probably be like Kris and do absolutely nothing

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
HOLY ****!!!

You don't know how happy I am to see this.

You get Jin's Tekken 4 costume! 11/10 Best game of 2017. Xiaoyu and King also get classic costumes.

Oh, and Tekken Jukebox got announced.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
HOLY ****!!!

You don't know how happy I am to see this.

You get Jin's Tekken 4 costume! 11/10 Best game of 2017. Xiaoyu and King also get classic costumes.

Oh, and Tekken Jukebox got announced.
That Jun costume looks sick and incredible. Too bad Tekken 4 sucks all types of ads

Also OG King from Tekken 2 makes me happy and puts a tear in my eye

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The release date sucks but man I'll take it over another abysmal fighting game launch.

Also, I agree on Armor King but keep Eddy and Christie as well out of the game.

I don't think if it's an avatar since they didn't mentioned one and even then they'll probably be like Kris and do absolutely nothing
You don't think Eddy's broken or anything right? He can be annoying, but he's manageable. And he looks cool. That, and Bob is already in, NOW Bob is hard to deal with.

That Jin costume looks sick and incredible. Too bad Tekken 4 sucks all types of ads

Also OG King from Tekken 2 makes me happy and puts a tear in my eye
Yeah, but it's the best Jin costume. It was also in Tekken 5, arguably the best Tekken game.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You don't think Eddy's broken or anything right? He can be annoying, but he's manageable. And he looks cool. That, and Bob is already in, NOW Bob is hard to deal with.

Yeah, but it's the best Jin costume. It was also in Tekken 5, arguably the best Tekken game.
Eddy isn't broken but he's a problem to deal with and a scrub attraction.

Also I might argue with T5 being better with Tag Tournament 2 and maybe 3 being better

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I heard talk about PokeTubers. I can't say I watch any (unless you count GlitchxCity's music) but I do watch some people that started off as Poketubers but ended up expanding their channel.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eddy isn't broken but he's a problem to deal with and a scrub attraction.

Also I might argue with T5 being better with Tag Tournament 2 and maybe 3 being better
TAG 2 and Tekken 3 are great, no doubt about it. T3 was even the first game I played, but man. Tekken 5 is so good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First of all, wow, so many people consider Rabbidluigi a poketuber. Sorry, but just because he and hudlum scriggles are friends doesn't mean he's a tuber
Second, holy **** have I been getting RNG screwed in Sacred Stones, specifically Vanessa, who was one of my best units last time I played. And now I'm using Lute and Seth, so that's cool

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The only people that used to be Poketubers that I watch now are JWittz and Jimmy Whetzel. Oh, and I guess every once in a while I'll watch TheDex.

I never really considered RabbidLuigi a Poketuber though. He just did his first , and other than that, I don't know if I've ever seen him doing anything else Pokemon wise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
STOP GAINING MY TRUST
The only people that used to be Poketubers that I watch now are JWittz and Jimmy Whetzel. Oh, and I guess every once in a while I'll watch TheDex.

I never really considered RabbidLuigi a Poketuber though. He just did his first , and other than that, I don't know if I've ever seen him doing anything else Pokemon wise.
Rabbid was a fairly old member of the countdown community and is one of the best, and probably most successful examples out there. There's also people like Itionoben who's finally going to upload something new soon, the Autarch, who stopped, Quarter Guy, Joshscorcher, Fawful's Minion and more. I recommend everyone but Fawful's Minion tbh

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Due to the fact the even for Pokemon Omega Ruby have ended since a long time, I'm going to use some cheat code to get the event.
I hope it won't cause me problem, I just want to get some of the event-exclusif legendary Pokemon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
STOP GAINING MY TRUST

Rabbid was a fairly old member of the countdown community and is one of the best, and probably most successful examples out there. There's also people like Itionoben who's finally going to upload something new soon, the Autarch, who stopped, Quarter Guy, Joshscorcher, Fawful's Minion and more. I recommend everyone but Fawful's Minion tbh
Wait, what is wrong with Fawful Minion?
It just personal preference or it is because he did something wrong or bad?
I watch his video and while his style can put off some peoples, he is honestly a great guy.

You know what i find funny?

When Smash For came out i remember complaining about how terrible Marth is and how nerfed he was.

I remember thinking "the first game i try to remotely take seriously and the character ive thought was awesome since melee isnt good for the first time"

Now a Marth just won genesis.
:186:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wait, what is wrong with Fawful Minion?
It just personal preference or it is because he did something wrong or bad?
I watch his video and while his style can put off some peoples, he is honestly a great guy.
Personally, his videos just bored me around the time he made top 9 TF2 classes, but his worst video game cliches made me realize he wasn't going to improve so I unsubbed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Personally, his videos just bored me around the time he made top 9 TF2 classes, but his worst video game cliches made me realize he wasn't going to improve so I unsubbed
Aw, that suck. For me, it's the opposite, but I can understand if you don't like his video.
Sill, if there are some peoples on this thread curious, I recommend to watch some of his video. If you like it, great! And if you don't, then so be it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Specs Comfey is a good late game Sweeper lol put Draining kiss on it with Triage and it outspeeds everything up to +3 priority lol it's a shame it only gets Grass and Fairy coverage.. It could have been OU if it had just a bit more coverage imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom